Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @metal face terrorist get ya hating ass up outta here
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all want ppl who ain't been writing nothing for 20 years to get put in a place it takes 20 years of work to get into??? I see common sense goes out the window once ? feelings get involved
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't see how people can be upset about this. It's great for the genre. Jay z gets the nod over most because he has cross over appeal as well. This is great for rap if your upset may be you need to grow up
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ready to fight like girls for someone who don't even give a dang about ya

it aint that serious baby ....
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Yall ready to fight like girls for someone who don't even give a dang about ya

it aint that serious baby ....

U fight for KB tho..
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    yeah cuz Im the only one reppin him yall like a pack of cougars, no need for yall
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah cuz Im the only one reppin him yall like a pack of cougars, no need for yall

This cry baby made a thread crying about thigrow up ?
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Im outnumbered so it's like beating a dead horse

Yall think it's hating I think it's giving a realistic level headed perspective.

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Congrats to jay but it's like a slap in the face for him to be the first cube nas pac all great writers in hip hop

It's for writers who been doing it for 20 years and it's for song writers not who's the best rapper or who impact is bigger impact.... Jay still getting plaques in 2017 for music he wrote in 2016 how is it a slap in the face

Y'all take ? wrong. I'm saying it should have been other hip hop artist in before him because they were here before him. I'm not even hating on jayz. It's like that don't want to acknowledge artist before him
  • Olorun22
    Options
    HOV is THE Goat.... PERIOD!

Notice that the only ones that don't agree are people that don't even listen to hip hop like that.

That white kid preach2teach said Hov was riding on Linkin park success.

BOY IF YOU DON'T!!!!

Never been so insulted in my life.

I'm black. Everyone don't have him as the goat some people have raking biggie nas pac
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Im outnumbered so it's like beating a dead horse

Yall think it's hating I think it's giving a realistic level headed perspective.

Naw bruh when you start asking what songs has Jay wrote over years where he deserves to be in it becomes either hating or lack of knowledge at that point especially when your example is song cry I mean you DO realize they look at much more then just your singles right??? And they also judge it off of much more then who has the most heartfelt introspective story telling lyrics.... I mean he just got a platinum plaque for I got the keys and he been in this game doing that forever now.... So hate or lack of knowledge I'll let you call it
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    IMO Nas is a better writer than Jay. Jay is in my top 5. I just think Nas is superior and more creative.

Fetus >>>
  • GetoBoy
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Congrats to jay but it's like a slap in the face for him to be the first cube nas pac all great writers in hip hop

It's for writers who been doing it for 20 years and it's for song writers not who's the best rapper or who impact is bigger impact.... Jay still getting plaques in 2017 for music he wrote in 2016 how is it a slap in the face

Y'all take ? wrong. I'm saying it should have been other hip hop artist in before him because they were here before him. I'm not even hating on jayz. It's like that don't want to acknowledge artist before him

They haven't proven to be better song writers over the same stretch of time.... It's like comparing Curry hot years of excellence to a player that was great for 20 years... No other rapper has had this kinda run of writing songs that still matter to the public both fans of that genre and outside of that genre so for that the only real choices that would make sense are him or Em
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? hate jay it's ridiculous

I will say though, ? they awards
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is the Greatest
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They haven't proven to be better song writers over the same stretch of time.... It's like comparing Curry hot years of excellence to a player that was great for 20 years... No other rapper has had this kinda run of writing songs that still matter to the public both fans of that genre and outside of that genre so for that the only real choices that would make sense are him or Em

Really ? ?

Congrats to Jay though...
  • Olorun22
    Options

Ice cube '88 to '08 but he talked about Jews so that's why he didn't get get the first nod but I doubt he get in. I think nas is a better writer
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    Salute to the man, even tho I feel that there are other emcees out there who deserved this honor first, I'll give credit where its due and give the brother props on the accomplishment. Hopefully it opens the doors for others in the future.

Cosign.

Great accomplishment but I would have picked LL Cool J before Jay Z
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jigga warriors in full attack mode .