That Nintendo, Big N, Ninty, Wii U & 3DS thread (R.I.P. Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we didn't preorder this is there any chance we'll be able to get it first week?

Dont know if its the same in the states but here in indo n also back in Holland if you didnt preorder ? you can always try stores in small towns/far from major city towns....usually at the kid stores that also sell games (again, dont know if u have those where you at)...
  • Karl.
    Options
    If we didn't preorder this is there any chance we'll be able to get it first week?

Dont know if its the same in the states but here in indo n also back in Holland if you didnt preorder ? you can always try stores in small towns/far from major city towns....usually at the kid stores that also sell games (again, dont know if u have those where you at)...

I think they call them Mom & Pop shops. I could be talking ? though.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    anduin wrote: »
    You guys get hyped by Nintendo marketing every time and then they under deliver...every..single...time. Salute to you early adopters that can put up with that frustration.

I'm a Vita early adopter and Day One Ouya buyer so I'll pretty much buy anything.

Saying that I've really enjoyed my Wii U and I still play it up to now.

? damn man
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check with your local Best Buy, Wal Mart, Gamestop and Target. Some are still doing ol school midnight/8am first in line Switch launches with inventory set aside just for that. If you don't get one then, rumor is their wont be a new shipment until April.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    anduin wrote: »
    You guys get hyped by Nintendo marketing every time and then they under deliver...every..single...time. Salute to you early adopters that can put up with that frustration.

I'm a Vita early adopter and Day One Ouya buyer so I'll pretty much buy anything.

Saying that I've really enjoyed my Wii U and I still play it up to now.

Hey, I still enjoy my Vita.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this thing won't sell out and will be easy to get.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want zelda as soon as possible because they been working on it for a long ass time now. But I'm not getting the switch till like may or june. Even nintendo been putting out faulty systems that are unfinished and ? .

Hate to tell people I told ya so about this so called "next gen" of systems. It's the reason why I only bought one of them this time around. PS4, XB1, and Wii U were just thrown out there because we didn't have the tech to truly go next gen yet like usual 5 year jump. Those were nothing but "2.0" versions of the previous generations. The scorpio, switch, and pro are what we were really supposed to get after the 360, ps4, and wii. I mean the ? is obvious as ? . Wish I can find my post were I predicted this ? lol. These systems were in development shortly after this generation was dropped(or probably before).
  • focus
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this thing won't sell out and will be easy to get.

Go try to preorder one right now.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    I want zelda as soon as possible because they been working on it for a long ass time now. But I'm not getting the switch till like may or june. Even nintendo been putting out faulty systems that are unfinished and ? .

Hate to tell people I told ya so about this so called "next gen" of systems. It's the reason why I only bought one of them this time around. PS4, XB1, and Wii U were just thrown out there because we didn't have the tech to truly go next gen yet like usual 5 year jump. Those were nothing but "2.0" versions of the previous generations. The scorpio, switch, and pro are what we were really supposed to get after the 360, ps4, and wii. I mean the ? is obvious as ? . Wish I can find my post were I predicted this ? lol. These systems were in development shortly after this generation was dropped(or probably before).

I read the Scorpio is like five times as powerful as the XB1
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma say it again,

If we get a legit switch version of 2k, that is a killer app for casual/hard-core ppl & a game changer

Take your MyPlayer to the airport and put some work in while your flight's delayed
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    will are they going to start reviewing games, march 3 is next week right?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    will are they going to start reviewing games, march 3 is next week right?

I read the press embargo is over today, so reviews should start pourin' in tomorrow
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Nintendo Switch Is Officially Not Launching With Virtual Console

Buried in a press release titled “Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch,” was one key piece of information about what is not ready for the Switch launch: Virtual Console. Fans have been wondering for months now about the state of Virtual Console and what it would be like on the Switch, but for now, it won’t be there at all.

The line item is seven paragraphs down in the PR email, sent an hour before the embargo drops on Switch first impressions (which just happened at 9 a.m. EST), and simply says “Virtual Console games will not be available on Nintendo Switch at launch.We will share more information in the future.

No dates, no time frame.

This is the latest bit of evidence, and perhaps even the most compelling piece, that the Nintendo Switch feels like a product sprinting to launch. The system is not launching with a web browser or standard video apps like Netflix. Nintendo has said that while online will be available at launch, it’s essentially in beta until this fall. And now that first impressions are coming out from those who have gotten their hands on an early version, there seems to be some trouble with Joy-Con syncing issues when the system is docked.

The Switch not launching with Virtual Console is perhaps the console’s biggest missed opportunity yet, as Nintendo would have had the ability to bolster a somewhat anemic launch line-up (Zelda excluded) with its practically infinite array of Virtual Console games. Everyone is hoping that the new Virtual Console will allow the transfer of past purchases to the new hardware without re-buying them, which is standard digital behavior in 2017, but not something Nintendo hardware has allowed before. Now, we don’t even have an answer to that question as the Switch is launching.

The rest of the release talks about how Shovel Knight and an indie game called FAST RMX are also launching with the Switch which is cool, but it is sort of a sad state of affairs when Nintendo has to proudly announce that something as basic as the eShop is going to be ready at launch.

I cannot understate how much Zelda is saving Nintendo’s bacon here. Launching without it, relying on the likes of 1-2-Switch and Just Dance 2017 would have been an utter disaster, as it’s clear now those wouldn’t have even been supported by Virtual Console titles.

Zelda alone is going to be enough to give the Switch a very strong launch, and I expect it to surge ahead of the Wii U’s opening sales salvo in short order. But it is still worrisome that this is a console that has clearly been rushed to release in some capacity because of how poorly the Wii U was doing, and because Nintendo had to get it out before their financial year ended. Nintendo is a company that will delay its software for eons in order to get it right, but I wonder if that same philosophy should have been applied to its console as well.

Hopefully Nintendo adds these missing features to the Switch in short order, and these technical hiccups we’re hearing about won’t mar the experience. But it is hard to excuse the lack of Virtual Console here, when it’s one of Nintendo’s greatest weapons and something the Switch really could have used at launch.

• Karl.
    Options
    I have a feeling they still have some work to do on the Virtual Console side of things.

Snipper Clips will be a launch title

1 week.
  • focus
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I wonder how long before the "PlayStation Swap" is announced. They notorious for that ? .
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    That Snipperclips looks dope tho' can't lie
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Also, these press ? are sayin' Zelda runs noticeably better than durin' the the preview events. So no frame dips
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I wonder how long before the "PlayStation Swap" is announced. They notorious for that ? .

Funny you mention that since Sony apparently has a patent that was just released for something resembling the Switch
  • focus
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Funny you mention that since Sony apparently has a patent that was just released for something resembling the Switch

Not surprised. I remember Miyamoto sayin they waited so long to reveal it because ? be bitin'.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    From Gamespot
    Ocarina of Time felt like a revolution. This feels like a revolution. For Zelda, but even for open world games. Which is tough to say... like, I was stoked about Horizon; I really liked it. But playing Zelda is almost making me question like...

...Horizon's a great game. It's a fantastic game. But next to this it's like... shoot. If I were to make a list of all the things I liked about the open world aspects of these games, the Zelda one would be twice as long
  • focus
    Options
    First Zelda review: 10

exnwsxuvdpun.jpg

Previous Edge 10s for comparison:

Super Mario 64
    Gran Turismo
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    Half-Life 2
    Halo 3
    The Orange Box
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    LittleBigPlanet
    Bayonetta
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Rock Band 3
    The Last of Us
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Bayonetta 2
    Bloodborne

• Karl.
    Options
    I can't wait mang. I can't play it until the 6th though. Getting my girl to go pick it up for me. She better not open it.