Feminist Now Trying to Come After King Kendrick!!!

Options

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Feminism wants to tell you who to be attracted to and why.

Yet they have physical standards they put on men that cannot be controlled (skin color, height and race) and see no problems with it.

They dont want to be judged by their weight which is something that has a direct correlation between your lifestyle choices and health

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? i skipped this page
    ...realest ? ive seen this week
    Plutarch wrote: »
    more hypocrisy about preferences, he got 'em good, haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujZqUdVGSg

@Will Munny
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    And let me ask this: How would you feel about white people -- even well-meaning white people -- trying to dictate the goals of the black movement? Wouldn't you think that they would out of place? If so, why isn't the same thing true for women?

Yes, there are divisions even among feminists, but these internecine disagreements should be resolved among feminists.

That ? is not comparable. There is no racial analog to many of the factors at play in intergender relations.

And you probably feel embarrassed as a black man because you're an embarassment as a black man when you adopt the same illogical and ridiculous arguments to defend feminists that feminists do.

Let me ask you a question. Do you ever see some posts in threads like this that kinda make you cringe?

What kind of posts?

Here is an example:
    Like Water wrote: »
    I've yet to see an attractive woman, with some sense, and in a happy relationship, be a feminist. Do they exist? Probably not. You know why that type of woman isn't a feminist? Because she doesn't need to be. She's already happy and confident and doesn't need arbitrary cosigns from ugly ass, single, fat, bitter ? .

? a G.damn feminist. They can be purged right along with Trump supporters.

@ me next time, you ? passive aggressive ? . @Undefeatable

@Undefeatable Any black man that cosigns black women being feminists is also a ? and an idiot whose social life is most likely non-existent or unfulfilling. I deal in absolutes, and there is absolutely nothing that feminism does that is beneficial to the family structure of the black community. Period.

I'm all for women being paid the same as men, being treated as equals in the work force and being strong enough to stand on their own. However, we are inherently different, and all this "male-gaze" ? is fuckery and useless. There is nothing wrong with embracing and cultivating our differences without bashing the opposite sex. It can be done.

Now, take your little ? ass on back to the friend zone, where you probably are a permanent resident, you Klinefelter's syndrome-having ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    to clarify

male gaze refers to the way the media and visual arts depict the world and women from a masculine point of view and in terms of men's attitudes

it often depicts women are objects or commodities here for male consumption which is obviously problematic...for one, it fosters a since of entitlement

or its always buy what I'm selling to get the girl or keep a man

so what I mean by "free women from the male gaze" is to challenge the aforementioned narratives

that said, everyone wants to feel wanted/everyone has their preferences.... nothing wrong with that

the issue some women have with kdot is if this was his idea of empowering "natural" women as many are saying it was, was shallow and did little to challenge these narratives

rather than just dismiss the women who do choose to wear makeup or use IG filters or go underneath the knife as 'fake' , explore why they do it and who is influencing these trends

also you shouldn't or even have to shame one group of women to uplift another, especially when it comes to aesthetics

and I see the irony of the situation given lira galore starred in king kunta a year or so ago has been lost on you all

but again I see how both sides of the debate are blowing things out of proportion...

at the end of the day kdot is a 28, 29 yr old man who raps, expect less....at least he us trying

everyone else, kdot isn't above criticism and this idea ppl are trying to crucify kdot is a bit over dramatic

Then go after the media for it, not Kendrick Lamar. Maybe admonish the women in media that also push this supposed "male gaze" because, clearly, those women are traitors to women everywhere... right???

Naw, y'all muhfuckas ain't gonna do that. You're going to sit there in your chairs and complain on Twitter and Tumblr taking shots at easy targets instead of doing the hard work of creating the change.

They do do that though...they even have a term for it...apparently it's chicks they call "pick me's"...the female version of a simp who will show no shame in the ? they do for male approval. You know the feminist ideals many of ya'll have problems with r a. aren't as bad as they seem on a basic level and 2. ya'll make your arguments really easy to counter because you approach them from the very place many women who deem themselves feminists often use as their own starting point. Many of ya'll are just as bad/annoying as the feminists you decry when these topics come up

Here's the ideology I have an issue with:

1. All sex is somehow ? , even when consensual and with married partners
    2. The myth that women make only 70 cents to a man's dollar. This garbage was debunked by feminists yet it keeps being brought up as if it was a fact (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html)
    3. When both a man and woman are equally ? , it it always the man's responsibility to not have sex otherwise he's ? the woman. Also, all ? sex is ? and the woman is always the victim even if she's the aggressor and initiates sex.
    4. Women are to only be praised, coddled, and comforted even for trivial, meaningless things.
    5. Giving a woman a compliment while out and about is "street harassment" and a borderline criminal act.

By and large women have every right that men do and then some, they simply refuse to acknowledge this.

They also refuse to acknowledge that simply being women gives them assloads of advantages in society as well as legally.

Who the ? is running around saying #1 on that list? That's not feminism that's just stupidity and based on a myth that's long been debunked as a made up quote. As for #2 it is true that women do make less than men. How much is up in the air depending on industry but you're being willfully ignorant if you don't think that women face challenges in the work place that men don't simply because they're women. #3 is iffy and something that's not as black and white as it seems. #4. ? please. Ain't nobody for that disney princess ? . Ain't nobody above criticism simply because they have a ? . 5. It ain't giving a woman a compliment it's the creepy ? men do to get a woman's attention. Just ask some women you know the wild ? dudes have done/said to them out in public.

Alot of the ? ya'll talk about aren't even things feminists actually throw out there. You take wild ass talking points like your first one and then think "Oh ? ...all feminists think this because one dumb ? said it" which isn't even something that was actually ever said. A simply google search can tell you that....The basic idea of treating someone as an equal and expecting equal of them isn't this terrible idea that ya'll make it seem. Every group a person identifies with carries some privilege. There's privilege's that come with being a man too. It's just how society operates...but having privileges doesn't mean there aren't down sides to ? .
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Essentially they have a problem with men having preferences. So they go looking for something to get upset about
  • blackrain
    Options
    mrtdb wrote: »
    Essentially they have a problem with men having preferences. So they go looking for something to get upset about

If somebody has a problem with your preference it's usually because they don't fit said preference...in other words it's somebody who is insecure and would find a problem with anything and you shouldn't even bother to pay attention to them.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to clarify

male gaze refers to the way the media and visual arts depict the world and women from a masculine point of view and in terms of men's attitudes

it often depicts women are objects or commodities here for male consumption which is obviously problematic...for one, it fosters a since of entitlement

so what I mean by "free women from the male gaze" is to challenge the aforementioned narratives

that said, everyone wants to feel wanted/everyone has their preferences.... nothing wrong with that

the issue some women have with kdot is if this was his idea of empowering "natural" women as many are saying it was, was shallow and did little to challenge these narratives

rather than just dismiss the women who do choose to wear makeup or use IG filters or go underneath the knife as 'fake' , explore why they do it and who is influencing these trends

also you shouldn't or even have to shame one group of women to uplift another, especially when it comes to aesthetics

and I see the irony of the situation given lira galore starred in king kunta a year or so ago has been lost on you all

but again I see how both sides of the debate are blowing things out of proportion...

at the end of the day kdot is a 28, 29 yr old man who raps, expect less....at least he us trying

everyone else, kdot isn't above criticism and this idea ppl are trying to crucify kdot is a bit over dramatic

Then go after the media for it, not Kendrick Lamar. Maybe admonish the women in media that also push this supposed "male gaze" because, clearly, those women are traitors to women everywhere... right???

Naw, y'all muhfuckas ain't gonna do that. You're going to sit there in your chairs and complain on Twitter and Tumblr taking shots at easy targets instead of doing the hard work of creating the change.

They do do that though...they even have a term for it...apparently it's chicks they call "pick me's"...the female version of a simp who will show no shame in the ? they do for male approval. You know the feminist ideals many of ya'll have problems with r a. aren't as bad as they seem on a basic level and 2. ya'll make your arguments really easy to counter because you approach them from the very place many women who deem themselves feminists often use as their own starting point. Many of ya'll are just as bad/annoying as the feminists you decry when these topics come up

2. The myth that women make only 70 cents to a man's dollar. This garbage was debunked by feminists yet it keeps being brought up as if it was a fact (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html)
    3. When both a man and woman are equally ? , it it always the man's responsibility to not have sex otherwise he's ? the woman. Also, all ? sex is ? and the woman is always the victim even if she's the aggressor and initiates sex.
    4. Women are to only be praised, coddled, and comforted even for trivial, meaningless things.
    5. Giving a woman a compliment while out and about is "street harassment" and a borderline criminal act.

By and large women have every right that men do and then some, they simply refuse to acknowledge this.

They also refuse to acknowledge that simply being women gives them assloads of advantages in society as well as legally.

Who the ? is running around saying #1 on that list? That's not feminism that's just stupidity and based on a myth that's long been debunked as a made up quote. As for #2 it is true that women do make less than men. How much is up in the air depending on industry but you're being willfully ignorant if you don't think that women face challenges in the work place that men don't simply because they're women. #3 is iffy and something that's not as black and white as it seems. #4. ? please. Ain't nobody for that disney princess ? . Ain't nobody above criticism simply because they have a ? . 5. It ain't giving a woman a compliment it's the creepy ? men do to get a woman's attention. Just ask some women you know the wild ? dudes have done/said to them out in public.

Alot of the ? ya'll talk about aren't even things feminists actually throw out there. You take wild ass talking points like your first one and then think "Oh ? ...all feminists think this because one dumb ? said it" which isn't even something that was actually ever said. A simply google search can tell you that....The basic idea of treating someone as an equal and expecting equal of them isn't this terrible idea that ya'll make it seem. Every group a person identifies with carries some privilege. There's privilege's that come with being a man too. It's just how society operates...but having privileges doesn't mean there aren't down sides to ? .

1. These third wave feminists, that's who.
    2. The amount is greatly exaggerated. With all things taken into account the amount shrinks to, IIRC, 97 cents to a man's dollar. Barely even worth talking about.
    3. It's not iffy at all, it's pretty clear: If the laws are being drafted to say that a person is incapable of consenting to sex while ? , then two ? people having sex would both be guilty of a crime. However in practice it's the male that gets charged, never the female.
    4. If you read the rhetoric being spewed by these 3rd wave internet/classroom feminists and carefully dissect it you'll come to the exact same conclusion.
    5. Again, read and listen to these chicks out there: It ain't just giving chicks a compliment, it's speaking to them out on the street in general. They're actually saying ? like a man should never approach, speak to, or otherwise bother a woman at all when out in public and especially not on the street.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If somebody has a problem with your preference it's usually because they don't fit said preference...in other words it's somebody who is insecure and would find a problem with anything and you shouldn't even bother to pay attention to them.

i agree

the issue isn't with him stating his preferences though

truth is is that having a certain look comes with social benefits and privileges for women. instead of challenging that system of value, he is prioritizing his preferences in it

that's the issue

• blackrain
    Options
    to clarify

1. These third wave feminists, that's who.
    2. The amount is greatly exaggerated. With all things taken into account the amount shrinks to, IIRC, 97 cents to a man's dollar. Barely even worth talking about.
    3. It's not iffy at all, it's pretty clear: If the laws are being drafted to say that a person is incapable of consenting to sex while ? , then two ? people having sex would both be guilty of a crime. However in practice it's the male that gets charged, never the female.
    4. If you read the rhetoric being spewed by these 3rd wave internet/classroom feminists and carefully dissect it you'll come to the exact same conclusion.
    5. Again, read and listen to these chicks out there: It ain't just giving chicks a compliment, it's speaking to them out on the street in general. They're actually saying ? like a man should never approach, speak to, or otherwise bother a woman at all when out in public and especially not on the street.

Bruh that first thing is just a flat out lie. It's never actually been said. Just google it. It's a made up quote. Also you should be smart enough to know not to attribute everything you hear from a small faction of a group to the entire group. That's just being intellectually dishonest. What you're doing is taking the most extreme examples of ? and painting the entire group with that picture. When you actually read and research this ? and listen to women actually discuss you'll see that even women don't even agree on everything that gets tagged under the feminist label. Alot of women of color don't even like the label of feminists because of the negative connotations and automatic association with white women that it carries.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Bruh that first thing is just a flat out lie. It's never actually been said. Just google it. It's a made up quote. Also you should be smart enough to know not to attribute everything you hear from a small faction of a group to the entire group. That's just being intellectually dishonest. What you're doing is taking the most extreme examples of ? and painting the entire group with that picture. When you actually read and research this ? and listen to women actually discuss you'll see that even women don't even agree on everything that gets tagged under the feminist label. Alot of women of color don't even like the label of feminists because of the negative connotations and automatic association with white women that it carries.

All these feminists are on some other ? though man. Even the ones that don't seem all that bad. Like, did you see that Breakfast Club interview with the two feminists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcF8Pbmz1bQ

This is a good example of how they will throw black men under the bus with a quickness. They weren't all crazy and hostile like the extreme feminists, but look at the ? they said. In one breath they are talking about how they are down for black men and support black men and are against the promotion of the stereotyping of black men. In the very same breath, they turn around and say that black men are the leading cause of death for black women. That's a bold ass lie. Homicide itself is the second leading cause of death, but only for two age groups (15-19 and 20-24) and that's all homicide not just by black men.

https://www.cdc.gov/women/lcod/2014/black/index.htm#modalIdString_CDCTable_0

How you going to be against the misrepresentation of black men as violent savages and then turn around and lie about us to portray us as violent savages? Who do you think does more damage when they make comments like that? Racist whites who have every reason to lie or black women who seemingly have no reason to lie? I don't care how good these feminists seem, they aren't friends to black males. And if you're purposely causing division between black males and females, how can you be good for the black community?
  • blackrain
    Options

All these feminists are on some other ? though man. Even the ones that don't seem all that bad. Like, did you see that Breakfast Club interview with the two feminists?

This is a good example of how they will throw black men under the bus with a quickness. They weren't all crazy and hostile like the extreme feminists, but look at the ? they said. In one breath they are talking about how they are down for black men and support black men and are against the promotion of the stereotyping of black men. In the very same breath, they turn around and say that black men are the leading cause of death for black women. That's a bold ass lie. Homicide itself is the second leading cause of death, but only for two age groups (15-19 and 20-24) and that's all homicide not just by black men.

How you going to be against the misrepresentation of black men as violent savages and then turn around and lie about us to portray us as violent savages? Who do you think does more damage when they make comments like that? Racist whites who have every reason to lie or black women who seemingly have no reason to lie? I don't care how good these feminists seem, they aren't friends to black males. And if you're purposely causing division between black males and females, how can you be good for the black community?

I saw that interview when it first dropped and yeah the girl who said that statistic was on some ? with that one. My thing from the jump is, why do ? take the most extreme examples of ? and paint a whole picture with it? Like i said in my previous post that's just being intellectually dishonest and leaves your whole point open to be destroyed. Every group got people in it who push ? but as said with anything else it's up to you to wade through the ? to actually see ? for what it really is.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The "small faction" is the one in control of the narrative at this moment. They have all the power, they are the people getting these ridiculous laws drafted and passed. The old guard got what they wanted and now these new chicks have come in marching claiming everything that is not a positive affirmation of a female is misogyny, ? that has never been considered ? by intelligent people anywhere on the planet is now ? , and all this other ? going on.

I've read a lot, I've talked to folks. The bulk of women I've talked to around my age or older can't stand these "feminist" chicks, especially my wife; she pretty much hates them and everything they stand for. Even the women my moms age and older that went through all the ? back in the 60's and early 70's don't even like them... But they ain't trying to fight against them either. Most of them believe it's just a phase these chicks will outgrow, some genuinely don't give a ? any more.

My wife and many (but not all) of her friends still have "old fashioned" beliefs. They believe the man should be the primary breadwinner. They believe in the man as head of the household. The believe that there's just some ? a man is better suited to do just as there are things a woman is better suited for. And a lot of them genuinely believe that feminism achieved it's goals long ago and the current form is dangerous to the family unit and society as well.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I saw that interview when it first dropped and yeah the girl who said that statistic was on some ? with that one. My thing from the jump is, why do ? take the most extreme examples of ? and paint a whole picture with it? Like i said in my previous post that's just being intellectually dishonest and leaves your whole point open to be destroyed. Every group got people in it who push ? but as said with anything else it's up to you to wade through the ? to actually see ? for what it really is.

My whole point is that that wasn't an extreme example. That's typical of what they do. Modern feminists are constantly using half truths and misrepresented statistics to push their agenda. How many times have you heard about the 77 cents wage gap? Like @konceptjones pointed out, that's a complete abuse of statistics and you can't tell me that none of these women pushing that ? know enough about statistics to know why it's wrong. Another example they use is that 1 out of every 5 men is a ? . They throw that ? around too recklessly too. All they did was divide the number of alleged rapes a year in the country and divide by the number of men. That's crazy. First of all, it doesn't take into account that some of those rapes probably weren't rapes. Second and more importantly, it doesn't account for the fact that most rapists are repeat offenders. When they accounted for that, I think the number was something like 1 out of 64. That's not good, but it's a hell of a lot better than 20%.

From what I've seen, there is very little from feminists that's actually factual. Almost all of it is either made up, opinion, or bad math.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    i think feminism, like every movement has liberals , moderates (centrists) and extremists , and these are the extremists on that feminist movement spectrum , who nitpick anything and anyone who is not pure in their ideology. The funny thing is they always have to use big words and op-ed essays to condescendingly explain their ? .

Like all forms of extremist ideology they are biased , confused , misguided and have hypocritical opinions, that any rational woman or man can pick apart easily.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i agree

truth is is that having a certain look comes with social benefits and privileges for women. instead of challenging that system of value, he is prioritizing his preferences in it

that's the issue

Human beings have eyes and human civilizations are hierarchical so looks and physical features will always have a value.
    It's not even a gender specific thing like feminists try to paint because both male and female have idealized versions of themselves. Those who fit that ideal are valued higher.

For example taller men are preferred over short men. Fitter men are respected more than fat men. Dark skin men are seen as more masculine and more dangerous.
    Preferences are natural. Hierarchies are natural you don't have successful examples of multicultural societies.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »

i agree

that's the issue

Human beings have eyes and human civilizations are hierarchical so looks and physical features will always have a value.
    It's not even a gender specific thing like feminists try to paint because both male and female have idealized versions of themselves. Those who fit that ideal are valued higher.

For example taller men are preferred over short men. Fitter men are respected more than fat men. Dark skin men are seen as more masculine and more dangerous.
    Preferences are natural. Hierarchies are natural you don't have successful examples of multicultural societies.

The bold is false. Most great empires were multicultural societies. You're perpetuating the lies white nationalists use to push their ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feminist have truth in what they are saying overall but mixed with pettiness and some outrage that really shouldn't be highlighted are some of the examples that make it look so unneeded.
  • blackrain
    edited April 2017
    Options

The "small faction" is the one in control of the narrative at this moment. They have all the power, they are the people getting these ridiculous laws drafted and passed. The old guard got what they wanted and now these new chicks have come in marching claiming everything that is not a positive affirmation of a female is misogyny, ? that has never been considered ? by intelligent people anywhere on the planet is now ? , and all this other ? going on.

I've read a lot, I've talked to folks. The bulk of women I've talked to around my age or older can't stand these "feminist" chicks, especially my wife; she pretty much hates them and everything they stand for. Even the women my moms age and older that went through all the ? back in the 60's and early 70's don't even like them... But they ain't trying to fight against them either. Most of them believe it's just a phase these chicks will outgrow, some genuinely don't give a ? any more.

My wife and many (but not all) of her friends still have "old fashioned" beliefs. They believe the man should be the primary breadwinner. They believe in the man as head of the household. The believe that there's just some ? a man is better suited to do just as there are things a woman is better suited for. And a lot of them genuinely believe that feminism achieved it's goals long ago and the current form is dangerous to the family unit and society as well.

If it achieved its goal a long time ago then you wouldn't have ? like politicians saying ? like there's a difference between ? and "legitimate ? "...you wouldn't have states like Texas passing laws saying doctors can outright lie to pregnant women about the condition of the fetus/child growing inside them to prevent the chance of the woman wanting to terminate the pregnancy. There's a bunch more examples but those are just a couple of ones going on in the present. Look I'm definitely not saying I agree with those on the extreme end of things but to say that the goal has been achieved when there are literally laws being made restricting what women can and can't do...when you got rapists getting off with probation when they confess to the crime...when you got people in power saying a stay at home mother should be illegal that's an issue or women of color being penalized harder in the legal system than their white counterparts that's a part of their fight as well. The stuff you're saying your wife and friends believe in that's actually part of feminism too. The right for a woman to feel that way free of judgment. Its up to you to see the extreme for what it is and then sift through and see the true point which really ain't that hard to pinpoint. Its just easier to point out the extremists and use them to dismiss everything instead of actually seeing the real point being made with the issues that affect women directly.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    If it achieved its goal a long time ago then you wouldn't have ? like politicians saying ? like there's a difference between ? and "legitimate ? "...you wouldn't have states like Texas passing laws saying doctors can outright lie to pregnant women about the condition of the fetus/child growing inside them to prevent the chance of the woman wanting to terminate the pregnancy. There's a bunch more examples but those are just a couple of ones going on in the present. Look I'm definitely not saying I agree with those on the extreme end of things but to say that the goal has been achieved when there are literally laws being made restricting what women can and can't do...when you got rapists getting off with probation when they confess to the crime...when you got people in power saying a stay at home mother should be illegal that's an issue or women of color being penalized harder in the legal system than their white counterparts that's a part of their fight as well. The stuff you're saying your wife and friends believe in that's actually part of feminism too. The right for a woman to feel that way free of judgment. Its up to you to see the extreme for what it is and then sift through and see the true point which really ain't that hard to pinpoint. Its just easier to point out the extremists and use them to dismiss everything instead of actually seeing the real point being made with the issues that affect women directly.

So... you used an extremist to try to make a point? Seriously bruh???

Look... Every human being has free will and are able to choose what they want to believe and, much to your chagrin, they are able to say what they want whether it's socially acceptable or not. This is why you have extremists believing in ? like "legitimate ? " just as you still have white folks that believe Africans have tails and Black folks that believe whites were a genetic experiment by the Annunaki.

What you fail to understand is that the lawmakers in Texas are supported by women. There are women that are staunch anti-abortionists because they hold the belief that life begins at conception and that all life is sacred. Those women have a right to their beliefs just as much as women who believe in abortion as a woman's choice do. People like you fail to understand that while a person's belief may be distasteful to you, they're still entitled to it in a free society. Anything less is thought-control, and is a step towards a Big Brother-like society where anything outside of what those in power tell you to believe is a crime against the state.

Let me pull out something you just wrote...
    when you got rapists getting off with probation when they confess to the crime...

Fam... You know the several thousand female teachers that have been caught in the last few years committing statutory ? ? Do you know that most of them have received far lighter sentences than their male counterparts. Many of those women got off with probation while the convicted men sit in protective custody in prison for being "chomos". Relatively few of those women convicted have to register as a sex offender while the men that have committed the same crime will always have to. In fact...

https://www.law.umich.edu/newsandinfo/features/Pages/starr_gender_disparities.aspx
    If you're a criminal defendant, it may help—a lot—to be a woman. At least, that's what Prof. Sonja Starr's research on federal criminal cases suggests. Prof. Starr's recent paper, "Estimating Gender Disparities in Federal Criminal Cases," looks closely at a large dataset of federal cases, and reveals some significant findings. After controlling for the arrest offense, criminal history, and other prior characteristics, "men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do," and "[w]omen are…twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted." This gender gap is about six times as large as the racial disparity that Prof. Starr found in another recent paper.

So while you try to make an example out of one guy that got off with probation for a ? , there are thousands of women that did the same. Dude that got probation got that one-in-a-million lucky break; he needs to play Powerball. The average cat that was convicted of the same crime is going straight to prison, then forced to register as a sex offender, likely for life. What's worse about this whole tangent is that you genuinely know that dude is an out-lier and bringing his case up is as intellectually dishonest as you claim I'm trying to be.

Generally speaking a man doesn't even have to be convicted of ? to have his life destroyed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-11676804
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/yes-false-accusations-destroy-lives/article/2557145
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/25/local/la-me-? -dismiss-20120525
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/29/mother-of-son-who-hanged-himself--after-being-accused-of/

Meanwhile women who falsely accuse men of ? walk away free in the vast majority of cases and, even worse, they're able to do so with complete anonymity because they're rarely ever named in the media.

You say women of color are sentenced harsher than their white counterparts? I offer that PEOPLE OF COLOR are sentenced harsher than their white counterparts and Black men, specifically, are ALWAYS on the ? up end of the stick when it comes down to it. There has been study after study done that show that Black men are many times more likely to receive a harsher sentence than EVERYONE for the same crime so why are you even bothering with just Black women when Black PEOPLE always get a raw deal?

Feminism, in this country has the mindset of "you're with us or against us". This means that women that want to be stay at home moms are the enemy of feminism, Muslim women that genuinely want to wear a hijab and dress modestly as taught by their belief system are the enemy of feminism, women that believe men are better suited to some tasks are the enemy of feminism, women that don't believe in abortion are the enemy of feminism. This is how they think.

Good post. Another point is that the so-called normal feminists never condemn the extremists. Just look at @Madame_CJSkywalker. I don't think she's extreme even though I don't always agree with her. And she will say when something is overblown but then she'll defend it just like she did in this topic. If you're going to argue that a point has merit, you can't call it extreme.
  • blackrain
    Options
    The main thing you failed to point out is that those feminist extremists you are caught up in allowing to define an entire movement aren't in the position to make and enforce laws such as politicians and judges. I never said people aren't entitled to their own beliefs. I don't take issue with people holding different opinions than me. I take issue with people using weak supporting arguments to prop up said opinions. I also simply said to allow those who you know and admit hold extreme views that don't align with the majority is lazy on your part because it gives an easy out to dismiss everything instead of actually seeing the points being made.

To your point on female teachers being sentenced lighter than male teachers...well truthfully that goes back to how men paint sex. How often do those stories come out and the first reaction is "Damn where were those teachers when I was in school" or "That kid is stupid for telling"...As men we don't take sexual assault on young boys seriously regardless of who its committed by so that's not something you really should use to support your point.

I spoke specifically to black women in terms of sentencing because this topic is about women and there issues specific to black women that other women do not have to deal with. And there is more than 1 example of of a rapists getting off with a light sentence. I wasn't specifically talking about the example with the Stanford case because theres been more than 1 recently where there has been a very light sentence in a case where the person has been guilty.

All the ? you said their movement in this country is against is actually what they're fighting for. The right for them to do those things free of judgement. The mere fact that this information is out there yet you choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit the narrative you want to rail against is lazy. I acknowledged there's extremists...you acknowledge there's extremists only difference is youre admittedly allowing that small group to define the whole instead of doing the smart thing and seeing that they're the outliers and the average person doesn't follow that line of thinking. The fact that a great number of women of color of all backgrounds don't even refer to themselves as feminists but use another term instead should be enough to let you know they don't follow the train of thought you're trying to box them into
This discussion has been closed.