Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Give Amir a one year mle, let's Zizic get his feet wet off the bench, draft big in 2018
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The number 1 player is a 7 footer going to Arizona so the Nets should land us him, I'm hype about zizic he's a great rebounder and finisher around the rim and he's mobile they said he woulda been the 9th player taken in this years draft we're in a great position to go to the ECF and compete between 5-10 years hopefully a spurs like run I'm optimistic as hell
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    The number 1 player is a 7 footer going to Arizona so the Nets should land us him, I'm hype about zizic he's a great rebounder and finisher around the rim and he's mobile they said he woulda been the 9th player taken in this years draft we're in a great position to go to the ECF and compete between 5-10 years hopefully a spurs like run I'm optimistic as hell

Aww ? I watched him against Arizona state, that boy is a beast
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Aww ? I watched him against Arizona state, that boy is a beast

Nah I meant the guy from the 2018 draft the other guy is good but I meant to say Arizona landed the number 1 recruit who's 7'2 it's supposedly a big man draft
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I just looked him up, yea man ? trading these picks away
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    We need Dion ASAP lol
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    We need Dion ASAP lol

Out of all the lower seeds yall would give us the best match up but IT is averaging 33ppg against yall for the season. That's the difference
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    We need Dion ASAP lol

Out of all the lower seeds yall would give us the best match up but IT is averaging 33ppg against yall for the season. That's the difference

I'd rather them than the Pacers personally, Teague always eats against IT including the playoffs last year and George is still the best player on the court, neither team is really a threat though
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    We need Dion ASAP lol

LOL I meant to post that in the Heat thread. Good game. Stevens says we're the team he's enjoyed watching most in the league. Probably cause we're mirror images (except for the fact we don't have a star)
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    We need Dion ASAP lol

I'd rather them than the Pacers personally, Teague always eats against IT including the playoffs last year and George is still the best player on the court, neither team is really a threat though

Pacers offense is ass Paul George gonna win em a game or 2 tho
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    https://youtu.be/xz_bzliH9xo

Saturday night was the 2nd game for yabusele on our D league affiliate after being hurt initially coming back from an ankle injury. Had 17 & 9 in 25 minutes in the 1st one and 20 & 11 the next game. It seems like his 3 point shot and free throws have improved his efforts on the glass are welcomed too. I read yabusele and zizic would be lotto picks if they came out this year, so adding that to D jack who might not get an opportunity and Nader who's killing it in the d league (wish he would replace James young) last year's draft is looking tremendous
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last year I posted that Celtics would be eliminated by the Hawks. I turned out to be right. A month ago I said yall wouldn't get past the 2nd round. I switched it up and said Bulls in 6. Maybe I should've said a sweep or Bulls in 5. One thing is for sure, y'all getting eliminated in the 1st round, again. And when it happens, let's discuss those Brooklyn Nets draft picks y'all have.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    Last year I posted that Celtics would be eliminated by the Hawks. I turned out to be right. A month ago I said yall wouldn't get past the 2nd round. I switched it up and said Bulls in 6. Maybe I should've said a sweep or Bulls in 5. One thing is for sure, y'all getting eliminated in the 1st round, again. And when it happens, let's discuss those Brooklyn Nets draft picks y'all have.

I'll hurt you dog
  • BedStuy
    Options

I'll hurt you dog

giphy.gif

• its....JOHN B
    Options

qrncs9.gif~c200
  • BedStuy
    Options
    got damn leprechauns won't die. :/
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Isaiah Thomas has elevated to superstar status he's averaging 28 & 6 we've gotta give him an extention. With the dental work and his family situation he's been amazing
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    No brainer at this point
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    what I really want to know is what we do if we land the first pick, if a team like Phoenix lands at 3 or 4 and want Fultz maybe we can fleece them for the 3rd pick and their pick next year, take Jackson or Tatum (Jackson preferably if he's there), trade Crowder in some package for Marc Gasol, start Jaylen Brown, Jaylen Brown and Jackson down the line can be what Reggie Lewis and ? Bias was supposed to be for us
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I want fultz but the Josh jackson, jaylen brown wing combo is intriguing. If rozier can continue playing at this playoff level ainge might consider jackson
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    It would double our chances of grabbing the 1st seed next but who am I to say they would even do that, they draft Fultz Avery is most def the odd man out, if Evan Turner got 17 he's getting 20-25 mil with ease
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    It would double our chances of grabbing the 1st seed next but who am I to say they would even do that, they draft Fultz Avery is most def the odd man out, if Evan Turner got 17 he's getting 20-25 mil with ease

I'd rather get smart outta here at the expense of fultz
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    It's hard to defend Smart right now but everytime he plays good it's "we got to keep him" and everytimr he plays bad it's "we got to trade him", just got to take the bad with the good with him and some of that goes on Brad imo, during the season you can give him some leeway and let him learn to play through a rut but in the playoffs not so much, we weren't winning last night regardless, we need to go back to Amir in the starting lineup and someone needs to light a fire under his ass, he's plenty rested so that's not an excuse but starting small against this team isn't going to work the way it did against Chicago, Al can't do it by himself and I never liked the idea of Crowder at the 4, he's strong but not the most athletic and he's only 6'6, to me if there's one player of value who has become more expendable to me it's him, overall solid player, great teammate and locker room presence and on the best contract in the league but his defense isn't other worldly like people tend to believe, his shot is extremely streaky when it matters, doesn't help out the boards enough imo doesn't create his own shot very well doesn't create for others, if the pick and Crowder gets us Jimmy I think we should do that and keep Avery around, then find a way to get Gasol
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    This is smart's 3rd year he's STILL shooting below 40% from the field and 30 from 3. He struggles with guarding quick guys and his finishing around the basket is despicable. If fultz is available we HAVE to choose him. If rozier got the leeway that smart did (30mpg is too much for a liability ) he'd have better numbers I'm DONE with smart
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    They could draft Fultz, they could trade for Jimmy, they could trade down grab a good player and more assets I'd be fine with it all, but we need to get a bigger, an interior defender that would fit the system perfect, and that's Marc Gasol, I just have a gut feeling Memphis will listen to offers this summer but we'll probably end up with Millsap or some ? , I'd rather Marc who is under contract till 2019 than to give Millsap a 4 year max deal, or they just roll with Zizic and Olynyk