Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    Marc Gasol is my dream scenario but if the asking price is too high then Robin Lopez would be my second choice but if Bulls decide to roll with Jimmy and Rondo and make a move or two for a playoff run then give Phoenix a bag of skittles for Tyson Chandler and bring over Zizic

I like Gasol, he'd fit here, but he's not leaving Memphis. He had a good season this year, but at 32, he's definitely on the decline. Plus, the Griz don't want our pick this year after what they gave Conley and I'm not sure what else we could offer them.

I'm with you on Lopez tho. He plays tough and would make a difference. However, if I'm Ainge, I'm not sure I'd spend money on a big that isn't KAT, Davis, Cousins, or Gobert. And aside from Cousins (who may or may not destroy team chemistry or get himself locked up off the court), none of them are going anywhere-anytime soon.

See you're not following me and most of that didn't make sense, I understand Gasol isn't getting any better but he's still playing at a high level and he's not a guy who relies on athleticism to be effective he'll be good through the life of his contract, he'll be a great fit not only with Al and IT and help us contend in the short term but also helping our young players develop, It's not his choice if Memphis decides to move on from him if the deal is enticing enough, and both him and Lopez are on very serviceable contracts until 2019, you're going to have to elaborate on the bolded, especially the first part of you're talking about the Brooklyn pick I never said give that up for him but you don't think Memphis would take because they paid Conley?

What didn't make sense?

When did I say you said anything about the Brooklyn pick? I said--in so many words--We don't have ? that Memphis wants.

And why would Memphis trade their star center for anything on the Celtics? If they did trade the aforementioned star center, I'm assuming the #1 draft-pick would be part of said trade, but Memphis is still in win now mode. I doubt they are looking to get rid of their best player for a project.

Basically I responded to your hypothetical with a hypothetical. But, you're doing a bunch of mental gymnastics to counter a point I never made. I literally agreed with you. Gasol or Lopez would HYPOTHETICALLY both be a great fit.

But that Gasol ? isn't going to happen.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    200.gif?response_id=591fac442abb4e07a8e9e1aa#83-grid1

Couldn't have happened to a better city
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marc Gasol is my dream scenario but if the asking price is too high then Robin Lopez would be my second choice but if Bulls decide to roll with Jimmy and Rondo and make a move or two for a playoff run then give Phoenix a bag of skittles for Tyson Chandler and bring over Zizic

I like Gasol, he'd fit here, but he's not leaving Memphis. He had a good season this year, but at 32, he's definitely on the decline. Plus, the Griz don't want our pick this year after what they gave Conley and I'm not sure what else we could offer them.

I'm with you on Lopez tho. He plays tough and would make a difference. However, if I'm Ainge, I'm not sure I'd spend money on a big that isn't KAT, Davis, Cousins, or Gobert. And aside from Cousins (who may or may not destroy team chemistry or get himself locked up off the court), none of them are going anywhere-anytime soon.

See you're not following me and most of that didn't make sense, I understand Gasol isn't getting any better but he's still playing at a high level and he's not a guy who relies on athleticism to be effective he'll be good through the life of his contract, he'll be a great fit not only with Al and IT and help us contend in the short term but also helping our young players develop, It's not his choice if Memphis decides to move on from him if the deal is enticing enough, and both him and Lopez are on very serviceable contracts until 2019, you're going to have to elaborate on the bolded, especially the first part of you're talking about the Brooklyn pick I never said give that up for him but you don't think Memphis would take because they paid Conley?

What didn't make sense?

When did I say you said anything about the Brooklyn pick? I said--in so many words--We don't have ? that Memphis wants.

And why would Memphis trade their star center for anything on the Celtics? If they did trade the aforementioned star center, I'm assuming the #1 draft-pick would be part of said trade, but Memphis is still in win now mode. I doubt they are looking to get rid of their best player for a project.

Basically I responded to your hypothetical with a hypothetical. But, you're doing a bunch of mental gymnastics to counter a point I never made. I literally agreed with you. Gasol or Lopez would HYPOTHETICALLY both be a great fit.

I don't know if they are in win now mode Zach and Tony Allen are coming off the books and they both are 35, Vince is retiring, they paid Parsons the worst contract in the league I guess to be part of what would be their big 3 but he can't stay on the floor, they got nothing else going on with that roster and Marc is 32, we have other assets that isn't the Brooklyn pick and no other team is giving up a lottery pick for an aging Marc, im only speculating because I think they should be taking calls on Marc and start thinking long term because they are in a horrible position where a first round exit is their ceiling so building through the draft isn't happening and they have no cap space to make moves in free agency
  • its....JOHN B
    edited May 2017
    Options
    But the fact that we can't even put up a fight im chilling on giving up any assets outside of players that would become expendable if we were to sign Hayward and draft Fultz, if we brought it to 6 and lost some close games im thinking about giving up a Zizic with Crowder and Smart and the Memphis pick, but things done changed with the way this series is going
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who are your keepers man, last night was so disappointing dawg I only wanna keep IT, jaylen, crowder in a bench role, and Avery but not for over $20 mil like the market might suggest. A part of me wants to keep Terry but it's a logjam. I don't want smart on the roster if we can flip one of our wings for a physical big maybe a Taj Gibson type I'd be cool too
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Who are your keepers man, last night was so disappointing dawg I only wanna keep IT, jaylen, crowder in a bench role, and Avery but not for over $20 mil like the market might suggest. A part of me wants to keep Terry but it's a logjam. I don't want smart on the roster if we can flip one of our wings for a physical big maybe a Taj Gibson type I'd be cool too

Besides Golden State and maybe the Spurs I don't think there's a team in the NBA that wouldn't have got swept by the Cavs, im focusing on the positive and still looking where we are at now as a baby step towards the ultimate goal, they keep saying we are the worst 1 seed of all time that's fine but we are also the youngest by average of age, I know one or two players will have to go but it all depends on what moves we make, it's not all bad we still win more games and made it further then all other teams in the east, this season was a positive just a disappointing ending
  • (Nope)
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

IT and Jaylen Brown. Horford likely isn't going anywhere.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guys the season isn't over yet y'all can still turn this around
  • (Nope)
    Options

What didn't make sense?

I don't know if they are in win now mode Zach and Tony Allen are coming off the books and they both are 35, Vince is retiring, they paid Parsons the worst contract in the league I guess to be part of what would be their big 3 but he can't stay on the floor, they got nothing else going on with that roster and Marc is 32, we have other assets that isn't the Brooklyn pick and no other team is giving up a lottery pick for an aging Marc, im only speculating because I think they should be taking calls on Marc and start thinking long term because they are in a horrible position where a first round exit is their ceiling so building through the draft isn't happening and they have no cap space to make moves in free agency

They shouldn't be in "win now" mode, but because there is such a huge disparity of talent in the league, "win now" translates to "fill seats and make money" more than "win championships" for most of the league.
    But the fact that we can't even put up a fight im chilling on giving up any assets outside of players that would become expendable if we were to sign Hayward and draft Fultz, if we brought it to 6 and lost some close games im thinking about giving up a Zizic with Crowder and Smart and the Memphis pick, but things done changed with the way this series is going

Yeah, I think we got exposed last round, but this series is showcasing that gap in talent.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I don't know what I want to happen anymore, as far as IT goes I want him to stay I think a 3 year decent size contract would be ideal so he can play it out with Horford and we can keep this run going and take it to another level, at some point he can take a Ginobili role depending on how fast Fultz progresses but I don't think throwing an 18 year old kid who didn't even get his team in the tournament into the starting pg role on an eastern conference finals team is the right move, let him amp our bench up at first and work his way into that role
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    And I'm not surprised Ainge was shopping IT last offseason, he got outplayed by Teague and Horford probably hadn't signed yet, things change I think everyone wants IT to stay but he needs to understand he's 5'9 pushing 30 with a bad hip now and is a liability on one side of the floor, that 30 million a year just isn't happening
  • Beta
    Options
    =)

Hey John if IT stays and fultz plays backup, what happens to untouchable rozier?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Man get the ? outta here
  • Beta
    Options
    I'm really asking though
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    One of two things, he's traded or he's kept around for depth
  • Beta
    Options
    One of two things, he's traded or he's kept around for depth

What were you guys gonna trade him potentially for around the deadline?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Huh? Orlando wanted him for Ibaka, that wasn't happening
  • Beta
    Options
    Huh? Orlando wanted him for Ibaka, that wasn't happening

Well I didn't mean just him alone but in a package...but ibaka? Yeah I wouldn't have done that either

Alright man thanks for the answers I hope everything goes well in Celticland
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    BedStuy wrote: »
    yo, word is bond son. Porzingis for this and next year's Nets/Celtics picks. Y'all can have oquinn too but y'all gotta take joakim.

lets do this B

If we landed the 2nd pick and nothing else came to fruition I wouldn't be mad at trading for Porzingis, if it took both Brooklyn picks it's not happening though
    I would be cool with this as long as y'all take noah.

The 2nd pick for Porzingis? The steal of the century right there, take Zeller with it

I changed my mind b. I want that 1st pick and next year's Nets pick with this trade right here

uguc99kcbxxi.jpg
  • BlackAX410
    Options
  • KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm only here to hate!!! #FuckBoston
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Jackie Macmullan is a reputable source but Ainge yesterday said that rumor that they were shopping IT last summer was completely absurd and pretty much every other reputable has said the same, I wonder why she randomnly came out with that
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    And Ainge wouldn't shoot down a rumor like that either he would beat around the bush and say they are always trying to get better, but he sounded disgusted
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    And Ainge wouldn't shoot down a rumor like that either he would beat around the bush and say they are always trying to get better, but he sounded disgusted

Boston media seems to not want him here long term,while everyone around the team thinks otherwise, I wouldn't be thrilled about a 5 year $200 million deal at his age but he's been our only consistent scorer and improved yearly with the team. He definitely deserves a large contract after the body of work he's put in with us (I think we're 100 games over .500 since the pickup) he's here long term mane
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I don't wanna keep olynyk or smart in the future they're too inconsistent on offense Kelly is a terrible rebounder for a 7 footer let some other team overpay for him and I want Fultz and rozier to eat into smart's minutes he's had 3 straight years of shooting under 40% and 2 years under 30% from 3:he gets almost 30mpg and although he's a good defender he gained weight apparently and it showed he had no explosion around the basket, no first step or dribble moves to break down the defense and attack the paint then he would brick layups let Terry and Fultz split those minutes trade Fultz give smart up in a package for a big man. Sign Taj Gibson along with Hayward and if Kelly is in our price range cuz we need another big on top of zizic and yabusele