Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to hate Ainge no matter what. My father hated Ainge and my father's-father before him hated Ainge. It's in my blood yo.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're saying more moves are on the horizon but I'm cool with the way the roster is now, unless it's a big impact player I don't think we need to add another front court player, I don't want Zizic to get buried and become Zeller status
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're saying more moves are on the horizon but I'm cool with the way the roster is now, unless it's a big impact player I don't think we need to add another front court player, I don't want Zizic to get buried and become Zeller status

I liked what I saw from Daniel thiess from Germany as a younger jerebko replacement. He was defensive player of the year in his league and is a shot blocker
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I like the deal for Nader who was better then hunter and young last year. He was G league rookie of the year and can slash and hit 3's. Might be stepping into the Gerald green role and our bench might stay inexperienced lol
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Hey if they like him I like him, don't know ? about him though
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Hey if they like him I like him, don't know ? about him though

https://youtu.be/LRIR0CYkvvA

I felt he shoulda been here over young last year tbh
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Lol welp
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If it means getting Kyrie...so long Zizic
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    It's wild smart lost over 20 pounds this off-season and worked with billups. He's at his college weight so that could help his explosion and finishing around the rim
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    This season got that 07-08 feel to it going in, although I knew that team would click right away we won't really know what this team is about until after the all star break, we got a pretty tough schedule to start it may not look that great at first and the prisoner of the moment brigade will act like the sky is falling but once this team forms chemistry and barring major injuries we will be back in the finals
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This season got that 07-08 feel to it going in, although I knew that team would click right away we won't really know what this team is about until after the all star break, we got a pretty tough schedule to start it may not look that great at first and the prisoner of the moment brigade will act like the sky is falling but once this team forms chemistry and barring major injuries we will be back in the finals

:joy: I admire your optimism tho. Wish I could be saying the same for Los Lakers
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I just said it has the same feel I didn't say I have the same expectations, it's not like everyone had that team locked to make the finals either, even though Detroit hadn't made the finals in two years nobody had us getting through them, once the season started and we started rolling through teams that all changed but there were question marks going into the year just like there is with this team, it wasn't till we signed Posey is when I started saying we're a lock
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Tatum beating Hayward in a 3 point contest, it's been rave reviews about him and yabusele who I'm extremely excited about watching play
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    From what I saw last night compared to what I saw in our first matchup with Charlotte I’m cool with Tatum getting the start against Cleveland, it sounded like there’s a chance that could happen and if they’re going to start Love at the 5 and Bron at the 4 I think he’ll be fine defensively I would let him handle Crowder, Bron will switch off on him as much as possible but whatever might as well get his growing pains in early
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    From what I saw last night compared to what I saw in our first matchup with Charlotte I’m cool with Tatum getting the start against Cleveland, it sounded like there’s a chance that could happen and if they’re going to start Love at the 5 and Bron at the 4 I think he’ll be fine defensively I would let him handle Crowder, Bron will switch off on him as much as possible but whatever might as well get his growing pains in early

Yeah unless we're going big I'm cool with the kyrie, jaylen, Hayward, Tatum and horford lineup the ball movement and versatility was great. Baynes in case we need to go big. Morris likely will fit better coming off the bench
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie is showing that he'll fill the IT gap just fine and then some, if he can commit defensively the way he's been doing in the preseason ill be happy. Matter fact, if the team can find it's defensive identity before the all star break, 1st seed is entirely attainable. Kinda feels like it's biding time to the playoffs but there's a lot to figure out with the roster overhaul, can't wait to see the rotations/lineups Brad utilizes with the personnel he has.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Kyrie isn’t a great defender but you can already see the difference defensively compared to IT
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Early MIP candidate on the squad? I'm liking Smarts progress, esp his attitude towards an extension. I'm just worried he plays himself into consideration for the type of contract we can't give him.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    He might be deserving of it but he probably won’t get it, Jaylen Brown could enter running too, I got Buddy Hield taking it though I got him making a big jump and he got more of a green light
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    Early MIP candidate on the squad? I'm liking Smarts progress, esp his attitude towards an extension. I'm just worried he plays himself into consideration for the type of contract we can't give him.

Smart looks immensely better, shot selection, touch and explosion around the basket and jumper all look improved. Jaylen looks more composed and I have him taking a leap this season as our starting 2. More decisive around the basket, more composed with his jumper (hit a few pull up 3's and mid range jumpers in the preseason. Him putting the clamps on kemba and blocking his shot followed by blocking Marvin Williams In the post has me excited about his development. Rozier looks better as well he was always a great rebounder but he looks so comfortable with his shot and finished better around the basket. All 3 guys look like they improved and will give us a different dynamic
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Kairo wrote: »

Smart looks immensely better, shot selection, touch and explosion around the basket and jumper all look improved. Jaylen looks more composed and I have him taking a leap this season as our starting 2. More decisive around the basket, more composed with his jumper (hit a few pull up 3's and mid range jumpers in the preseason. Him putting the clamps on kemba and blocking his shot followed by blocking Marvin Williams In the post has me excited about his development. Rozier looks better as well he was always a great rebounder but he looks so comfortable with his shot and finished better around the basket. All 3 guys look like they improved and will give us a different dynamic

YES I’m telling you he’s going to be a dpoy candidate eventually
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    road to #18 start tomorrow .......
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Glad Tatum and jaylen are starting, they can thrive in the offensive afterthought role and versatility on defense. They're also solid rebounders too, having lineups with size is so refreshing
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Glad Tatum and jaylen are starting, they can thrive in the offensive afterthought role and versatility on defense. They're also solid rebounders too, having lineups with size is so refreshing

I like that he’s giving Tatum a chance, if he can show he can defend at a high level he might just keep that spot