Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I think boston will get the #3, the '18 lakers pick,multiple 2nd rounders and possibly philly's '18 pick too

Then flip #3,'18 lakers & crowder + filler, 2nd rounders for jimmy then sign hayward.Still have the '18 nets pick

Stephen a been lost credibility to me but he said it last night the celtics goal is to get jimmy & hayward

edit and I'll believe it when I see it until it's all speculation but it does make sense to do this
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Philly has the Kings pick in 19 too I bet Ainge is trying to grab that
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Philly has the Kings pick in 19 too I bet Ainge is trying to grab that

Boston herald c's beat writer said if the sixers trade happens it there will be a follow up trade for an established star.

Who? he don't know

Fultz works out for philly tonight at 6pm.If he bodies the workout and his medicals are clear then it's happening

If ainge aggressive wit a trade this week then he may know he has hayward/blake in the bag.

That's why I think a blockbuster is gonna happen, hope it involves the bulls
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i wish that proposal phil was asking for went through to get rid of porzingis. I would've added courtney lee and quinn to sweeten the deal. I hope the the front offices is still in contact and work something out.

What are the celtics going to do for the center position? I know y'all are kinda weak in that area.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Lol at Lee sweetening any deal, not that I don't like Lee but he already been here we been down that path and we're already cluttered in the backcourt, we got Zizic coming over and I'm assuming Olynyk will be back but not sure about that yet, they might bring Amir back for depth purposes
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Lee sweetening any deal, not that I don't like Lee but he already been here we been down that path and we're already cluttered in the backcourt, we got Zizic coming over and I'm assuming Olynyk will be back but not sure about that yet, they might bring Amir back for depth purposes

I know lee was on the team already. I just thought a guy like him can help yall in the playoffs. Wasn't they asking for Oquinn a few months ago?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    He would of hardly been a factor in a deal of that magnitude
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man that dude semi from smu is a ? steal after watching highlights I'm stunned he got to 37. 18ppg, 6rpg 42% from 3 a defender and a 40 inch vert. Also was number 1 in spot up jumpers man he's gotta make the active roster
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    There's still rumblings of a George trade with a 3 year deal agreed upon but would happen after we max out a player (Hayward)
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    There's still rumblings of a George trade with a 3 year deal agreed upon but would happen after we max out a player (Hayward)

this would be comedy.Imma hit the floor if this goes down
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Probably 2 and a player option if true at all but it does make sense not to make a trade and tap into that cap space
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    In following up on a report that the Boston Celtics could do an extend-and-trade agreement with Paul George and the Indiana Pacers if they manage to sign Gordon Hayward in free agency, Albert Nahmad explained why the scenario makes financial sense.

Under that scenario, George would increase his 17-18 salary from $19.5 million to the $29.7 million maximum and then extend for two additional years, which would mean $94 million over three years.

If George were to wait for six months after the trade, he could extend for four years at $169 million. But Boston would be required to keep the cap space necessary to increase George's salary to the max, which is $10.2 million.

On the renegotiation and extension deal, George would add $74 million over just two seasons and he would be instantly eligible for a 10-year veteran max at 35 percent in the 2020 offseason when he will have turned 30 that May.

While George has preferred to join the Los Angeles Lakers, he can compete for a title with the Celtics while having a financial incentive in both the short-term and long-term. If the Lakers don't trade for George, they can only offer him a four-year deal in 2018 with five percent raises.

Albert Nahmad/HeatHoops.com

:o

If Hayward signs with boston tatum is outta there
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Boston yall wasting assets for Paul George... he's coming home summer 18
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    ? Boston yall wasting assets for Paul George... he's coming home summer 18

Lol u don't wanna be here if we get George after the Lakers cleared out cap space and gave up on a 21 year old just so yall have to overpay for will Barton instead. If we land George via trade Lakers fans might have to put me on ignore
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Boston! And John B. no wonder he's a Kobe hater
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Tatum has me so hype mane, if his 3 is this sharp and it was supposed to be a weakness we could have a potent scorer on deck
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    ? Boston! And John B. no wonder he's a Kobe hater

Magic is in my top 5 though...
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Crawford is kind of washed but I wouldn't mind bringing him in for situational purposes, maybe 15 to 20 min a game tops, Smart for Wily-Cauly Stein would be a good look

Horford/Stein/Zizic
    Morris/Horford/Yabu/Tatum
    Hayward/Crowder/Morris/Tatum
    Brown/Hayward/Crawford
    IT/Rozier

Multiple guys that can play multiple positions and will give Brad a ton of options, I think you will see more of Al and Marcus starting but they can go big with Al at the 4, I've mostly only seen Marcus against the C's but reading up on him I didn't realize how good of a defender he is, nah he's not a great rebounder but he also plays next to a guy that gets paid 26 mil to basically do one thing and that's rebound, other than that Drummond ? sucks, sometimes numbers can be deceiving like when these idiots were saying Marc Gasol would be a bad fit because we need a rebounder and his rebound numbers suck, but in reality his rebound numbers aren't all that great for the same reason Al's will never be great it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad rebounders, I think Brown can be one of the better rebounders in the backcourt like Avery was and that's what we need to do rebound as a collective
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crawford is kind of washed but I wouldn't mind bringing him in for situational purposes, maybe 15 to 20 min a game tops, Smart for Wily-Cauly Stein would be a good look

Horford/Stein/Zizic
    Brown/Hayward/Crawford
    IT/Rozier

Multiple guys that can play multiple positions and will give Brad a ton of options, I think you will see more of Al and Marcus starting but they can go big with Al at the 4, I've mostly only seen Marcus against the C's but reading up on him I didn't realize how good of a defender he is, nah he's not a great rebounder but he also plays next to a guy that gets paid 26 mil to basically do one thing and that's rebound, other than that Drummond ? sucks, sometimes numbers can be deceiving like when these idiots were saying Marc Gasol would be a bad fit because we need a rebounder and his rebound numbers suck, but in reality his rebound numbers aren't all that great for the same reason Al's will never be great it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad rebounders, I think Brown can be one of the better rebounders in the backcourt like Avery was and that's what we need to do rebound as a collective

I agree on Stein.

And those arguments against Gasol are some stupid ? . As if Gasol couldn't just grab the boards if that was an expectation.

Gasol is a near perfect fit. If we want just athletic big, much rather have someone like Stein than guys who make in the 20 mil range or above.

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

Horford/Stein/Zizic
    Brown/Hayward/Crawford
    IT/Rozier

I agree on Stein.

And those arguments against Gasol are some stupid ? . As if Gasol couldn't just grab the boards if that was an expectation.

Gasol is a near perfect fit. If we want just athletic big, much rather have someone like Stein than guys who make in the 20 mil range or above.

It would be a good swap but unless the Kings value that Greek center more than Stein they probably won't even listen unless another pick or something was involved, another player with a lower ceiling is Lucas Nogoeuira from Toronto, I'd rather not trade Smart within the division though
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

Horford/Stein/Zizic
    Brown/Hayward/Crawford
    IT/Rozier

I agree on Stein.

It would be a good swap but unless the Kings value that Greek center more than Stein they probably won't even listen unless another pick or something was involved, another player with a lower ceiling is Lucas Nogoeuira from Toronto, I'd rather not trade Smart within the division though

I'm hoping they will move crowder for something.

I like the idea of Smart and Rozier sharing minutes at pg and sg.

I personally like Crowder and his contract is great, but he seems to be the more expendable of the two (him and Smart).

Would lke to see Brown and Tatum get signifcant in season minutes, really be ready for the playoffs.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Baynes always played well in limited minutes from the spurs and pistons there were plenty of times they played better when he was there instead of Drummond. He rolls to the basket can give you occasional jump hooks, and has solid mobility. Most importantly a good rebounder although I'm not sure about his free throws or mid range jumper
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    He opted out of his deal and even Detroit expected him to get more than they can afford but he actually lost out on dough in the end, it's a one year deal so he'll be playing for a contract, I like the move we needed a body and we got a guy who played very well for Detroit and still got something to prove, we'll get more out of him than we would Amir who is getting 11 mil from Philly even though that's not a bad deal for Philly they need that veteran presence
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Replaced AB (which hurts but we couldn't pay him) with Hayward who should average more points in a faster paced offense, KO who while talented was easily our most inconsistent player gets replaced by Marcus Morris who is more consistent and could thrive in our spacing offense, amir and zeller with baynes and added Tatum who will contribute asap, I don't understand why ainge got hate for this off season lol