Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think you should keep olynck, you complaining over his rebounding when he's a stretch big

He's valuable off the bench

I know from game 7
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I think you should keep olynck, you complaining over his rebounding when he's a stretch big

He's valuable off the bench

I know from game 7

For the right price yeah but he's wildly inconsistent on offense he's too soft and passive and not worth it if he gets around $18 mil
  • Beta
    edited May 2017
    Options
    He's gonna get decent offers but I wouldn't pay over $12 mil for him

Trick him into signing a 4 yr/36 mil contract
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Celtics are focused on landing “an All-Star caliber talent” in the front court, multiples sources tell A. Sherrod Blakely of Comcast Sportsnet. Blakely adds that Gordon Hayward remains a target, but he’s likely to re-sign with the Jazz this summer.

Blake Griffin could be another target. The power forward is expected to re-sign with the Clippers, but he would be a good fit alongside Al Horford if Boston can convince him to sign with the team.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherrod Blakely is stupid as ?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    id rather take a chance on Bosh then to pay Blake Griffin
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Yeah he's not really the best source, Chris Mannix, and chris forsberg are more accurate when it comes to Celtics news
  • its....JOHN B
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Yeah he's not really the best source, Chris Mannix, and chris forsberg are more accurate when it comes to Celtics news

I don't care for him as a Celtic insider either, id rather listen to what Abby Chin has to say, Mannix, Draper, and Scal that's a good team right there
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max kelly
    Max it
    Max smart

B)B)
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    They say everyone was calling about Zizic at the trade deadline
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    They say everyone was calling about Zizic at the trade deadline

I feel like we've got a gem with him I wanted him here last year tbh but we had to sign amir and zeller back for whatever reason
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    There's nothing this Cleveland team can do to beat the Warriors and it's a bad look for Bron to keep losing to the Warriors in the finals, there's all this talk of him heading west while I'll still consider it unlikely...the Lakers are in a prime position to put together a super team if Bron were to decide to go there, the 2nd pick and Russell could get them Paul, some package involving Ingram/Clarkson/Randle/Zubac could probably get them George, I won't speculate but the east could be going through us with Philly in the mix sooner than people think, and I'm looking forward to bringing back that old school rivalry between us and Philly
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Lakers aren't putting together a super team anytime soon lmao. Philly did make strides last year but they gotta stay healthy for me to crown them
  • its....JOHN B
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Probably not but if Cleveland doesn't do something major which is going to be hard to do I don't see him sticking around and being the guy to lose to GS 3 years in a row, Lakers more so now then next year are in a prime position put a super team around him, plus they're a better fit than the Clippers since it will pretty much be the Lebron show like it is in Cleveland now with Walton pretending he's coaching and Magic doing whatever Bron wants where as I can see Doc and Bron clashing and Doc doing everything in his power to ? it up
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Haywards wife posted a pic of their daughter rockin a a green shirt saying 'go green' with a clover on the back :o

now lil zeke just followed hayward on instagram :o

she deleted the pic cuz utah fans were bumrushin her page

not saying this means anything just reporting news
  • Beta
    Options
    You're better than this man
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Nah that rumor is gaining traction, I think it's a strong chance we get him tho
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    While the Los Angeles Clippers will attempt to re-sign Blake Griffin, the Boston Celtics are considered a primary threat to sign him away.

"Boston is really the danger for Blake Griffin," said Wojnarowski. "I think Boston's two primary free agent targets, right now, are Gordon Hayward and Blake Griffin. Now they're not going to get both of them, but they're both players that would potentially have interest there. I think Boston looks at in different ways with their future."

Griffin also is said to have noticed the way Boston embraced Paul Pierce during his final visit.

DO IT

clippers will trade for melo & sign lebron next summer.

Duke talented but mentally weak and injury prone if I'm the clippers I let him walk.They play just as good without him
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Blake's injury history worries the ? out of me but if Hayward doesn't sign with us I'm down with him
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea I hope Blake Griffin doesn't happen, there are positives but not worth locking him up long term imo, would be interesting to see him play next to Horford compared to Deandre Jordan though
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sign Hayward then
    The Celtics could offer the Clippers the Nets 2018 first-round pick (unprotected, almost certain to be Top 5), Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and Tyler Zeller.

sign n trade for blake
    Boston would then be looking at this depth chart in 2017-2018:

PG: I Thomas/T Rozier/D Jackson
    SG: Markelle Fultz/Marcus Smart
    SF: Gordon Hayward/J Brown
    PF: Blake Griffin/Olynyk/Guerschon Yabusele
    C: Al Horford/Ante Zizic

Cavs food.Clippers get younger,some depth and most importantly mad cap space for 2018

Win win for both teams.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Sign Hayward then
    The Celtics could offer the Clippers the Nets 2018 first-round pick (unprotected, almost certain to be Top 5), Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and Tyler Zeller.

sign n trade for blake
    Boston would then be looking at this depth chart in 2017-2018:

PG: I Thomas/T Rozier/D Jackson
    SG: Markelle Fultz/Marcus Smart
    SF: Gordon Hayward/J Brown
    PF: Blake Griffin/Olynyk/Guerschon Yabusele
    C: Al Horford/Ante Zizic

Cavs food.Clippers get younger,some depth and most importantly mad cap space for 2018

Win win for both teams.

I'd be with that except we have to sign another vet big man who does ? work on the low like Dwyane dendmond
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I rather see the c's vs warriors in the finals next year(better match up).Cavs can't compete with them.Hope these moves happen.It's realistic since blake has interest in boston too.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea I wouldn't be mad at all that
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    All falls on what Hayward does