Official Boston Celtics thread

Options
BlackAX410
BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
Should have been made way sooner but since we're in the new year and I have more time on my hands this is where the celtics fans will discuss the squad, rotations, schedule team play and all that good ? . We're 18-14 currently top 10 in scoring, defense and assist we need a few tweaks but this is a quality team with that said we need to continue at a high level so we can secure a playoff spot in a tough eastern conference

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big game against the Nets, for one we just need the Nets to keep losing, two we just lost to the Lakers if we lose to back to back to two ? ass squads I can almost guarantee Ainge will be on that telephone right after the game, I don't think he makes a splash otherwise outside of just helping to fascillitate other deals and keeping the assets rolling in, I think in the offseason I can see a splash happening, say the Nets pick lands us the 3rd pick I think he unloads all the Nets picks, Dallas' pick, our pick and a player or two that we might not be happy about for a game changer like Ben Simmons, I mean look what he was trying to give up for Justice Winslow
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Yeah the team plays down to the level of competition at times that's my 1 issue with the squad. We need to play intense defense early and often when that happens it usually leads to our offense opening up and we win comfortably. I think Wednesday was a wake up call and we'll make an adjustment to fix things. Smart's minutes increasing will help things out too
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Defense has been atrocious lately
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I hope that Bradley injury isn't serious
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I hope that Bradley injury isn't serious

He's been slumping recently, but yea that injury would hurt
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Stevens said in the presser we've been too passive and he has to reassure things and hold guys accountable. What he needs to do is get jerebko and Lee out of the rotation and call up Jordan mickey who's averaging 5 blocks per game in the D league, absolutely no reason hes played 7 minutes the ENTIRE year. He was our most consistent rookie in the summer league we gotta give him a fair shake cuz our interior defense is subpar right now
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Hi

Ain't even got no rebuttal we had no answer for Lopez we need interior defense badly
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Need to regroup Tonight the intensity and aggression on both ends have been ass recently hopefully we can get a few lineup changes
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Can't lose two in a row and the season series to the Nets, it just can't happen, epic failure if we do especially now that they lost Jack
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this team lacks 3pt shooting

its the biggest reason why they rank in the mid to lower tier of offensive efficiency despite being 1st in ppg in the east

given brad stevens inverted offensive system theyre really gonna need to hope olynyk starts shooting more and rj and young can start to be a consistent threat or they need to add a perimeter shooter

its too bad turner and smart cant shoot for ? outside of 18 feet
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    this team lacks 3pt shooting

its the biggest reason why they rank in the mid to lower tier of offensive efficiency despite being 1st in ppg in the east

given brad stevens inverted offensive system theyre really gonna need to hope olynyk starts shooting more and rj and young can start to be a consistent threat or they need to add a perimeter shooter

its too bad turner and smart cant shoot for ? outside of 18 feet

Yea olynyk is wild inconsistent it's a shame cuz hes so talented. James young is a lost cause dude doesn't do ? but roam outside the 3 point line and occasionally rebound, hunter is better on both ends I want him to get consistent minutes
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    We'll improve from 3, Smart showed last year you at least have to respect his shot he finished 33% from beyond the arc right now he is at 22% I think he'll improve eventually, IT is shooting a career low from 3 he needs to be better and Olynyk should stop being so passive but I been happy with him overall this year, Avery is good enough to be on the other side of 40% as well, we have good enough shooters to be at least in the top 15 guys just need to start knocking them down consistently
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Avery back tonight, team said they're gonna play IT off the ball more and get more side to side ball movement which is the way we were playing earlier. With a few days off I'm hopeful for a better performance
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    So glad IT made the all star team, our 1st post big 3 all star he's made this team so exciting and he's one of the reasons the squad is playing with more confidence lately this momentum we got right now is strong. 10 straight games of over 100 points and 4 straight games of forcing 20+ turnovers we're playing at a high level right now
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If we don't trade that pick this summer, and assuming it lands where the Nets land in the standings which will be 4th or 5th, who do yall want to see them draft? I'm high on Buddy Hield even though we are flooded in the backcourt
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If we don't trade that pick this summer, and assuming it lands where the Nets land in the standings which will be 4th or 5th, who do yall want to see them draft? I'm high on Buddy Hield even though we are flooded in the backcourt

Hopefully y'all draft an Anthony Bennett type player.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Hopefully y'all draft an Anthony Bennett type player.

This isn't Cleveland our front office isn't incompetent
  • BlackAX410
    Options

I like hield and Jamal Murray but it's a logjam of guards. I think Ingram would be a solid fit he's gotta put on weight tho
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'll be keeping my eye on Hield in the tourney, he's probably the most NBA ready and I think he would come in and be better offensively than anyone we have at the 2 right from the jump, I like both Avery and Smart but if Hield is a better overall talent with a higher ceiling I think you got to make the move
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

I like hield and Jamal Murray but it's a logjam of guards. I think Ingram would be a solid fit he's gotta put on weight tho

I watched Ingram today he's got this crazy wingspan but he didn't do nothing impressive outside of making it difficult for Pitt to inbound, I'll be watching him in the tourney though it's only one game
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    The playoffs are gonna be a different monster for my Celtics.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    The playoffs are gonna be a different monster for my Celtics.

Aye man, I distinctly remember u saying u were gonna be a nets fan after the pierce trade, u really trynna come back when we're winning after u wasn't with us during the 25 win season?
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Plus our half court play has improved with side to side ball movement, and constant motion this year almost everyone has improved. Even though we got swept I think that playoff experience has made us a better team execution wise. I feel we can play with anyone in the east as long as we're locked in on defense like we've been most of the year
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Best case scenario we get Charlotte first round and Cleveland gets Chicago, we don't want Chicago first round