Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brooklyn ranks dead last in defense and Lopez still only grabs 5 boards a game LOL, he's useless, Horford actually makes players around him better and has a better winning track record
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rozier with 16 points in extended minutes, we've gotta impliment him into the rotation somehow, dude is one of the few guys who can create their own shot
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Danny got to do something
  • BlackAX410
    Options

I'm not TOO mad at today we just had no answers for Westbrook but I wish brown would have gotten more burn down the stretch he has too short of a leash for my liking. Who would you want us to pursue
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

I'm not TOO mad at today we just had no answers for Westbrook but I wish brown would have gotten more burn down the stretch he has too short of a leash for my liking. Who would you want us to pursue

I'm ? we blew this one, ? I'm still ? we lost to Toronto, I know IT is out but damn all we had to do was keep our composure and we could of won both, maybe Okafor is the most realistic unless Cousins becomes available, I love Noel but we need a bonafied scorer, Horford is a perfect complimentary piece I can see him helping Okafor elevate his game
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm ? we blew this one, ? I'm still ? we lost to Toronto, I know IT is out but damn all we had to do was keep our composure and we could of won both, maybe Okafor is the most realistic unless Cousins becomes available, I love Noel but we need a bonafied scorer, Horford is a perfect complimentary piece I can see him helping Okafor elevate his game

exactly c's still a year away.Sign Hayward this summer if he bounces then draft one of those young guards wit the nets pick

problem is ainge low key trash at drafting,he better not blow this next pick cuz the nets mad scrappy and may end up overachieving in '18 if they add some more talent to that team.C's next year:

pg lil zeke
    sg bradley
    sf hayward
    pf crowder
    c horford

brown,rozier,'17 pick,smart,re sign olynk or get a few bigs for the bench.Hayward is a better fit than jimmy would of been because he moves without the rock he's one of the best off ball players in the league
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

exactly c's still a year away.Sign Hayward this summer if he bounces then draft one of those young guards wit the nets pick

problem is ainge low key trash at drafting,he better not blow this next pick cuz the nets mad scrappy and may end up overachieving in '18 if they add some more talent to that team.C's next year:

pg lil zeke
    sg bradley
    sf hayward
    pf crowder
    c horford

brown,rozier,'17 pick,smart,re sign olynk or get a few bigs for the bench.Hayward is a better fit than jimmy would of been because he moves without the rock he's one of the best off ball players in the league

I would love to grab Hayward, that would be a huge win this offseason, but I would love to grab Okafor too, and I know I'm flip flopping like a ? ? saying that, but I would rather trade the pick than to keep building through the draft when we are in win now mode, I would love to trade for a superstar but who's out there? Boogie isn't happening, AD maybe his contract year but not anytime soon, then there's those 2nd tier players like Monroe or Nurkic but I'd rather Okafor he has much more upside and he is available, I also think if there's a perfect situation for him it's here mostly because of that perfect complimentary piece Horford who would help him thrive defensively and on a team where everyone can spread the floor and allow him to get easy buckets and where pretty much everyone especially if we snatch up Hayward can create buckets for him in Stevens system, and most importantly those double digit boards is a necessity, I can't see how it wouldn't work, I would like to trade for him now and let him get some playoff experience under him before they have a full offseason together and make a splash for Hayward

Okafor
    Horford
    Hayward
    Bradley
    IT

Crowder (will start for certain matchups but 6th man of the year candidate)
    Rozier
    Smart (if he doesn't have to be involved in the deal)
    KO
    Brown
    Bring back Amir?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

pg lil zeke
    sg bradley
    sf hayward
    pf crowder
    c horford

I would love to grab Hayward, that would be a huge win this offseason, but I would love to grab Okafor too, and I know I'm flip flopping like a ? ? saying that, but I would rather trade the pick than to keep building through the draft when we are in win now mode, I would love to trade for a superstar but who's out there? Boogie isn't happening, AD maybe his contract year but not anytime soon, then there's those 2nd tier players like Monroe or Nurkic but I'd rather Okafor he has much more upside and he is available, I also think if there's a perfect situation for him it's here mostly because of that perfect complimentary piece Horford who would help him thrive defensively and on a team where everyone can spread the floor and allow him to get easy buckets and where pretty much everyone especially if we snatch up Hayward can create buckets for him in Stevens system, and most importantly those double digit boards is a necessity, I can't see how it wouldn't work, I would like to trade for him now and let him get some playoff experience under him before they have a full offseason together and make a splash for Hayward

Okafor
    Horford
    Hayward
    Bradley
    IT

Rozier
    KO
    Brown
    Bring back Amir?

That could work too the thing is lil zeke a fa summer '18.They could use the '17 pick to draft a bigger guard like ball or fultz to replace him if he bounces and still trade the '18 pick for a star or younger player.Horford protects the rim at pretty much the same clip as okafor 51 to 50% but horford opens the floor up more and bring bigs out the paint so guards and wings can slash (hayward and lil zeke would eat).
  • BlackAX410
    Options

pg lil zeke
    sg bradley
    sf hayward
    pf crowder
    c horford

Okafor
    Horford
    Hayward
    Bradley
    IT

Rozier
    KO
    Brown
    Bring back Amir?

Hell no to bringing back amir, dude looks old on defense, he stays getting bullied on the boards. Zizic should be brought over
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

pg lil zeke
    sg bradley
    sf hayward
    pf crowder
    c horford

Okafor
    Horford
    Hayward
    Bradley
    IT

Rozier
    KO
    Brown
    Bring back Amir?

Hell no to bringing back amir, dude looks old on defense, he stays getting bullied on the boards. Zizic should be brought over

I just threw him in there with a question mark they can figure out the bench after, but if Ainge puts together a squad that can actually contend I know he's going to want some vets on the bench, Amir off the bench at the minimum I'm perfectly fine with
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

pg lil zeke
    sg bradley
    sf hayward
    pf crowder
    c horford

Okafor
    Horford
    Hayward
    Bradley
    IT

Rozier
    KO
    Brown
    Bring back Amir?

That could work too the thing is lil zeke a fa summer '18.They could use the '17 pick to draft a bigger guard like ball or fultz to replace him if he bounces and still trade the '18 pick for a star or younger player.Horford protects the rim at pretty much the same clip as okafor 51 to 50% but horford opens the floor up more and bring bigs out the paint so guards and wings can slash (hayward and lil zeke would eat).

Yea and Avery will be a free agent in 18 too, with Hayward max on the books someone will have to walk, best case IT isn't as valued around the league due to his height and the abundance of point guards and we can bring him back with a serviceable contract allowing us to bring back Avery as well, that's if this team is doing ? by then and Ainge doesn't feel the need to shake things up, Okafor will be a restricted fa the last year of Horford's deal we'll most def have to enter the luxury unless Horford opts out and locks up a serviceable 3 year deal after we max Okafor but I don't even where the cap will be then or what our contract situation will be, bottom line I'd rather a big front court, always have always will, Horford is versatile enough to guard more athletic spread bigs, and when it's all said and done for him Okafor will be entering his prime, it's a good short and long term move, I feel like our ceiling is only so high with Crowder at the 4 full time
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Of course Noel is being talked about again, I wouldn't be mad it but I don't trust him to stay on the court, but he might come at a lesser price, helps solve our rebounding problem and we'll be much better off defensively, still would rather have that post presence of Okafor
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Of course Noel is being talked about again, I wouldn't be mad it but I don't trust him to stay on the court, but he might come at a lesser price, helps solve our rebounding problem and we'll be much better off defensively, still would rather have that post presence of Okafor

Either guy would be an upgrade I want amir gone, hes not starter caliber, and we're really missing the piece next to horford he won't put us over the top but it helps. And that Malik monk kid at Kentucky is a problem I don't watch college heavy but he scored so easily I was enamored by his game
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Brooklyn is the worst team in the league right now after that L to Philly and a Dallas win, that Brooklyn pick is going to have a lot of value, and Okafor went 0-10 against Brooklyn...yikes
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Brooklyn is the worst team in the league right now after that L to Philly and a Dallas win, that Brooklyn pick is going to have a lot of value, and Okafor went 0-10 against Brooklyn...yikes

Lol I think ainge should either go for Noel or Holmes, I need Brooklyn to keep taking L's tho
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't think I want Okafor anywhere near the C's unless we can get him for nothing.

I want to see Olynk and Zeller sent the ? out of here. Smart can get the ? out of here.

I wouldn't mind Noel, because we could use a big that can defend and grab rebounds, but his health is always in question.

I think Hayward would be a great fit next year.

And if big cuz would join us, then we need to figure that out.

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'd give up everything for Cousins
  • BlackAX410
    Options

This backs up what I get ridiculed for saying in the NBA thread, I still wanna swing a trade for Noel but if cousins becomes available I'd throw everyone except jaylen in the deal. I really wish Stevens would give him more burn, no reason he only got 7 minutes for the game while jerebko got 23 minutes. He needs to let jaylen and rozier free they both bring the element of attacking on offense that's desperately needed. And KO still being inconsistent ? me off too
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'd throw Jaylen in that deal in a heartbeat
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    https://youtu.be/b0KRaElZg-U

Such an amazing performance last night it's a shame he still gets disrespected because of his height. League didn't even have him in the top 10 for players of the month voting in the eastern conference in November
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Damn, now I'm mad I fell asleep, 18/18 is the most free throws without a miss in team history,epic performance, much needed win too you said it it was a statement game
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    This dude is having a historic year with what he's doing in the 4th, from an offensive standpoint he's killing Pierce's best year in the 4th granted Pierce usually had a defensive assignment to guard the opposing teams best player
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    This dude is having a historic year with what he's doing in the 4th, from an offensive standpoint he's killing Pierce's best year in the 4th granted Pierce usually had a defensive assignment to guard the opposing teams best player

He's like 5 games from breaking McHale's record for 20+ point games the consistency he's played at this high level ( over 30ppg over the past month) has been amazing to watch. They said his 9.9ppg in the 4th quarter is the most since 1996 he's been at an all NBA level this year
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

He's like 5 games from breaking McHale's record for 20+ point games the consistency he's played at this high level ( over 30ppg over the past month) has been amazing to watch. They said his 9.9ppg in the 4th quarter is the most since 1996 he's been at an all NBA level this year

I thought I heard 12.9 in the 4th
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    12.9 ppg in the 4th the past month where we are 12-3