Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Its gonna be an exciting season. Cant wait to go watch some games on the weekend this year and follow it on NBA2K :'(
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Al said in pickup games that crowder's 3 pointer and rozier's overall play has improved
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/prac-092816-healthy-vibrant-crowder-says-jumper-is-back?sf37296458=1

Apparently Jae has improved his 3 pointer if he can play at a slightly higher level then he did before the injury that will make us tougher to stop
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe it, Crowder probably just entering his prime now, he just needs to stay healthy
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Check out @ByJayKing's Tweet:

Anticipating the jump in production from rozier this year
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Watching this open practice, smart and rozier look way better, smart is Hitting 3's driving and posting up hopefully he steps it up
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marcus needs to work on his post game. He should be killing PGs on the block. Dude needs to watch tape on Billups and Cassell
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Marcus needs to work on his post game. He should be killing PGs on the block. Dude needs to watch tape on Billups and Cassell

Always felt that, he did post up in the practice more if he cut down on 3's and operated in the post more he'd be much more effective
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I would love to see Smart progress on the offensive side but I don't have high expectations, I'm not exactly sure how much better he will get what I do know is he's an Artest/Tony Allen level defender and he'll always have a role because of it, I know he can shoot better than he did last year considering he was drastically better his rookie year but took a step back instead of forward for whatever reason, I would like to see him develop the corner three on a Bruce Bowen level or close to it to me that's achievable and could be his best offensive asset
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I would love to see Smart progress on the offensive side but I don't have high expectations, I'm not exactly sure how much better he will get what I do know is he's an Artest/Tony Allen level defender and he'll always have a role because of it, I know he can shoot better than he did last year considering he was drastically better his rookie year but took a step back instead of forward for whatever reason, I would like to see him develop the corner three on a Bruce Bowen level or close to it to me that's achievable and could be his best offensive asset

Check out @ESPNForsberg's Tweet:

Seems like that's what he's working on
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Check out @AdamHimmelsbach's Tweet:

I'm glad to see him playing well against NBA competition, hopefully he can come over next year
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it seems like y'all might have a good year. I still hate the Celtics.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Cybertr0n wrote: »

Lol yall should be improved too
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Lol yall should be improved too

What's poppin? vujacic for jaylen brown yo. Yall don't deserve him. Let's make it happen :lol: :smirk:
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hater
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    celtics nation in the building tho
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Really wish our 23rd pick zizic coulda played over here this year. Dude is 6'11 265 he just put up 37 & 20 in his last game dude is active on both ends I'm hoping he can make an impact
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Check out @ByJayKing's Tweet:

Rozier really improved his game this summer, Ainge said he was thrilled for his development and hes been the biggest surprise. I'm to the point where I'm more excited about his future then smart, @ghost u still don't like rozier?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read the C's have strong interest in signing Gordon Hayward as a free agent next summer(assuming he opts out and leaves utah)

They'll have a shot cuz of brad stevens being his college coach.I think that would be a good look cuz they can play horford at the 5,crowder at the 4,hayward at the 3,bradley and lil zeke in the back court.Gives them another scorer still think the c's need one more scorer
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I read the C's have strong interest in signing Gordon Hayward as a free agent next summer(assuming he opts out and leaves utah)

They'll have a shot cuz of brad stevens being his college coach.I think that would be a good look cuz they can play horford at the 5,crowder at the 4,hayward at the 3,bradley and lil zeke in the back court.Gives them another scorer still think the c's need one more scorer

I heard that too I'm not sure I wanna spend the max on Hayward. He's a quality player but avery and IT have their contracts up soon, one of if not both guys should be brought back.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

I heard that too I'm not sure I wanna spend the max on Hayward. He's a quality player but avery and IT have their contracts up soon, one of if not both guys should be brought back.

They can sign hayward and re sign both the next summer cuz they'll have about 37-45 mil in cap space in '17 and can go over the cap to sign both of them in '18

Cap should hold steady at 102-103 mil after next summer they have enough dough.Plus the nets picks they'll get can add another high caliber young talent as long as ainge don't blow it.They can also create more space if they decline the team option on james young,non tender olynk and decline smarts option(that probably depends on roziers development the next 2 seasons) they'll have dough to sign fa's and their players with bird rights it's up to ainge
  • BlackAX410
    Options

They can sign hayward and re sign both the next summer cuz they'll have about 37-45 mil in cap space in '17 and can go over the cap to sign both of them in '18

Cap should hold steady at 102-103 mil after next summer they have enough dough.Plus the nets picks they'll get can add another high caliber young talent as long as ainge don't blow it.They can also create more space if they decline the team option on james young,non tender olynk and decline smarts option(that probably depends on roziers development the next 2 seasons) they'll have dough to sign fa's and their players with bird rights it's up to ainge

Oh ard didn't know all the details, I can honestly see the Nets picks getting flipped for a guy like cousins if the opportunity presents itself. James young might be gone on Monday he's not apart of our future lol. I'm with picking up Hayward, just hope it's enough to put us over the top
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Plus he's white
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Plus he's white

Mane he'd get gawd treatment in Boston lol, they cheered for scal every time he touched it
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Plus he's white

Mane he'd get gawd treatment in Boston lol, they cheered for scal every time he touched it

Now we have to listen to this fool on television