Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Going to the game tonight, hope we can see some of the younger guys have an impact I liked what I saw from terry and RJ outside of the turnovers in limited minutes I really want mickey to consistently ? the rotation
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Congrats to my Celts and anyone who bet on them. Matchups are everything in every sport.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Horford isn't coming here unless we get another superstar, why would he come here when Atlanta is showing they are a better team than us? That would be a backward ass move unless somehow we luck out and get Durant, maybe Jimmy and another veteran signing could sway him but just like Durant I'm calling Horford a long shot, another name I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in rumors is Marc Gasol, but I wouldn't give up that Nets pick for him, all other assets are on the table
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Danny gonna be aggressive with the trades, I still think we can pull off this series tho. I'm hopeful RJ and terry can play well they showed flashes but neither guy got extensive minutes so it's a small sample size
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm going to post different scenarios that I personally would love to see happen this offseason, yall rank them 1-10 on how yall would feel if it went down

Max out Whiteside
    Draft Buddy Hield
    Trade Crowder, Smart, Amir, and 3 first rounders including the next two Brooklyn picks for Jimmy
    Trade Olynyk, Jerebko and Rozier for Wilson Chandler
    Sign Teletovic
    Sign Greivis Vasquez
    Draft Sabonis' kid with our late pick

Whiteside
    Sully
    Jimmy
    Buddy
    IT

Avery
    Wilson
    Greivis
    Teletovic
    Zeller
    Mickey
    RJ
    Sabonis
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your team had a hellavu season and Ainge is going to get a game changer this off season for sure.

Things are looking up for the Celtics
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I'd love to get whiteside but I'm not ruling out a trade for Cousins either. I'd love a trade for butler too, I also think Evan is brought back he did well in his swiss army knife role. Personal opinion, that Nets pick is getting flipped, possibly the mavs one too
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    I became a fan of Evan Turner after watching him play this season. I wouldn't mind the Spurs trying to get him this off season. Chip could help him with the corner 3 and he is good at slashing and passing.

How is his defense though? I've only seen a couple of his good games but I always seen his stat line, which was good most nights off the bench this season
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I became a fan of Evan Turner after watching him play this season. I wouldn't mind the Spurs trying to get him this off season. Chip could help him with the corner 3 and he is good at slashing and passing.

How is his defense though? I've only seen a couple of his good games but I always seen his stat line, which was good most nights off the bench this season

Improved defender mainly strong on the ball but struggles at times chasing guys around screens, he's NOT a three point shooter lol just strong with the midrange.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I got the Pelicans paying Turner 12-15 mil a year, my prediction
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Improved defender mainly strong on the ball but struggles at times chasing guys around screens, he's NOT a three point shooter lol just strong with the midrange.

He has never been a good 3 point shooter from what I've seen but our shooting coach is one of the best in the business. If Turner is a worker and not a guy who when in a tough situation loses all focus he would be at the very least a solid 3 point shooter after Chip is done with him
  • BlackAX410
    Options

He has never been a good 3 point shooter from what I've seen but our shooting coach is one of the best in the business. If Turner is a worker and not a guy who when in a tough situation loses all focus he would be at the very least a solid 3 point shooter after Chip is done with him

Turner wants to come back and management wants him back especially since smart ain't developing the way we'd like him to. As of right now only guys I see definitely coming back is IT, evan, Jae and Avery and the last 3 aren't guaranteed. I'm expecting a roster overhaul
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Hey @infamous114 can u switch the title by taking out the 2015-16 so it can be called the official Celtics thread, appreciate that
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I like the way Rozier has played in the summer league so far if smart doesn't step up his offense his minutes gonna get chopped
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm hearing Orlando wants Smart and is offering Vucevic
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Deal
  • BlackAX410
    Options

I'd do it, I'm not fond of smart, we need rebounding as well so him alongside horford would work
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Congrats to my Celts and anyone who bet on them. Matchups are everything in every sport.

Now this fraud wants to be a Celtics fan smh
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    See yall at the Celtics game this year. I might pull a few front rows on the weekend.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

I'd do it, I'm not fond of smart, we need rebounding as well so him alongside horford would work

At first I was skeptical and I have no idea if we are even considering it or if there's more to it than just Smart for Vucevic straight up but I would do it too, he actually improved his defense last year from a year before, although he's still considered a bad defender I think with a vocal leader and defensive anchor like Horford in the lineup he can improve even more and not be the liability he's been in Orlando, no question we could use his offense and rebounding but I also think Vucevic could be a better asset in a deal for Boogie than Smart
  • BlackAX410
    Options

At first I was skeptical and I have no idea if we are even considering it or if there's more to it than just Smart for Vucevic straight up but I would do it too, he actually improved his defense last year from a year before, although he's still considered a bad defender I think with a vocal leader and defensive anchor like Horford in the lineup he can improve even more and not be the liability he's been in Orlando, no question we could use his offense and rebounding but I also think Vucevic could be a better asset in a deal for Boogie than Smart

Yeah I haven't seen any legitimate sources report it yet but I'm sure Ainge has put his bid in, he said we ain't done with moves yet
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Check out @ByJayKing's Tweet:

Moves like this are intriguing a combined 45 and 19 these past 2 games jaylen has the tools to be special just gotta work on his jumper and slow it down but that'll come with time and patience
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Nets fans want him to fail so bad
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Nets fans want him to fail so bad

It's laughable they're trynna label him a bust after he started off slow, he's outplayed some of the other lotto picks low key
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    And have you been able to see rozier this summer? he's looked like a completely different player, Ainge said on yesterday's broadcast he's been our best player this summer and he has to get rotation minutes