Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with the label, folks been tryna blame mmg for wale missteps for 6 years. Wale just dropped sum ? . He was not going platinum regardless unless something took off like that way or lotus flower bomb

Dude said in the BC interview he's still paying for the mishaps from other projects a real manager should have taken care of. He's not even 100% sure of his situation in terms of mgmt. It's Ross's job as a CEO to make sure Wale is taken care of in this regard.

His peers are dropping albums with no major singles and going platinum and Gold. Ross doesn't have the machine behind him like that. Dude even Fabolous is cranking out gold singles, you're telling me Rocnation, TDE, Defjam, couldn't push Wale platinum in 2017-2018 ? Even Future, Travis Scott and Rae Shremmurd went gold and platinum respectively. Wale needs mgmt that's business oriented and also willing to push artists creatively, Ross don't got that.

Ross last album did twice as good first week as the one b4 it with no single, mmg is fine, atlantic may b a different story, wale's management n mmg are 2 different entities, wale has his Management b4 Ross was even involved, roc nation, tde wouldn't make running back or fashion week pop,

and def jam? Allow me to quote u my guy

"Lololololololololololololololol"

A label head never had anything to do with management b4, y all of a sudden is it Ross fault, for all we know he prolly told wale to get that ? str8 lol

Wale is trying to promote conscious vibes on a record label that is completely the opposite of that (MMG is about materialism). MMG is not trying to promote that. And the fact remains that Wale needs to do something with how his projects are managed because the last 3 had terrible rollouts. He's not selling not being heard. The talent is there, the mgmt is not.

Drake, Kendrick, J.Cole, ScHoolBoy Q, Big Sean, Rae Shremmurd didn't need fashion week pops to go gold and platinum.

False, wale has just done more of mixing the medicine in with the candy on mmg, if that was the case Ross wouldn't have signed him or someone like stalley overrated ass period.

Those guys didn't need fashion week to pop but they had hit singles of their own and dropped better music, hell y'all said rae sremmurd flopped until black Beatles dropped, and that album is mismanaged too, it should have hits across several platforms

The problem is it gets lost in translation because people have preconceived notions. It's like Jesse Williams yelling black power but bedding white women. It shouldn't discredit his message but people look at that and take it with a grain of salt. If he was on TDE Girls On Drugs would have been received differently imo.

Rae Shremmurd is a little different because they have good mgmt. Mistakes might happen but they shouldn't be as abundant as the case in Wale's career. Aye fam I want to see him win because he has the talent but he needs to make some changes and sacrifices in order to get to where he needs to be. He's been on MMG for nearly 7 years and it seems he lost more momentum than he had while all his peers progressed.

That's on wale, n wale only. That's why Cole wrote the song to wale not mmg. If he was tde with the same exact material he'd n Isaiah Rashad status, absoul at best, no disrespect
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Damn. They said Playboi Carti sold more than he did and he put his album out for free on Soundcloud

Peezy you can't read this and still think they not managing Wale right LOLOLOLOL. If Wale was my artist there's no way in hell this would even be a possibility. Somebody ? up this album release and that EP he dropped 6 months ago that got no press at all.

At this point Wale need to change labels, find a consistent subject matter, and find him a producer that's going to be hard on him in order to push him creatively. Otherwise Wale is gonna be the Tim Tebow of Rap, he gonna end up like Saigon - over hyped but couldn't live up to the hype.

Mmg isn't wale's managers!!!!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wale is the captain of his own ship, mmg is there for guidance. When wale succeeded it was on wale

It's on him now that he bullshittin too, Ross don put him on enough game that he doesn't have to hold his hand, and listen to that ? wale dropped, u think Ross made him do that?! Lol

If there is a label problem it's Atlantic. Plus wale isn't as In or flash in the pan as a playboi carti right now among the impressionable ? , plus wale changed his release outta nowhere
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross hasn't advanced anyone's career

No way I'd sign to a rapper, damn sure not him

That's probably a subtle thing separating Wale/Sean from Dot/Cole moreso Wale cause Sean signed to an icon

Why limit your potential signing to a mediocre rapper
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is meh but I'll always support my Nigerian brother. And he rep the DMV. Got to show love.
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He said he dropping a gogo album at the end of the year with Pharrell and ucb heavily involved. I wanna hear that
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta agree with Peezy here all this ? lies on Wale and nobody else. Sion back with his ? logic blaming management and the people around Wale. Management can't write the content of the album. It's not like this album was dope but people refused to buy it. Sion still thinks wayne is a release from the bushes away from being king of rap smh.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His ? bricked

18 k sold
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Whats yall sales predictions?

Around 25,000
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    He said he dropping a gogo album at the end of the year with Pharrell and ucb heavily involved. I wanna hear that

Yes Gawd, baby! <3<3<3
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too much Wale singing on this joint....he had a few tracks on there but the singing was killin the vibe..

the new blueprint ain't for everybody
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Whats yall sales predictions?

Around 25,000

Naw its 18k -21
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    Crazy that this album is getting the most praise I've seen from a wale album

Where

In the trash
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too much male estrogen in this thread.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peezy757 needs to chill with the MMGroupie-isms
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all really surprised with those numbers??

No hit + No promotion = automatic brick
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought the ? had a fan base though
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody else probably took his fans
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Somebody else probably took his fans

Yea Kung Fu Kenny and J Cole
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought the ? had a fan base though

Idk if he ever had that big a die hard support whatever he drop fanbase his ? seemed to depend on radio play. Then all the half singing half rapping ? took over his lane
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I let it spin for a week, it's not that bad. Kind of grew on me.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint feeling it. I will run it back again.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Is squares really acting like u can find hardcopys of #Shine n stores now??? I swear it's a bunch of crackas & woodface loving ? ? n here mad cuz mmg still ain't crumble.....@ this point of wale career wit 2gold albums & plat & gold singles folarin ain't even worried about sells cuz he's gonna eat off the tour..
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    peezy757 needs to chill with the MMGroupie-isms

? u corny shady Justin Bieber crackkka I swear the ic/Reason has been wack since 2012 when this site became cracka/donkey friendly..