Big Baller Brand Didn’t Sell Nearly As Many Lonzo Ball Shoes As Initially Reported

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just noticed something looking at the last several posts in this thread. He gettin continued publicity and the people who "dont like" what they are doing are the main ones still thinking/talkng about it. The last several posts show this. Yet they dont understand the bigger picture here. Trying to overthink and rationalize. They trying to make money. Yes they can do it too deal with it. We get it it aint emotional or about feelings and who you "like" nobody cares about your emotions smh. They got the naysayers the most interested and intrigued. Im fine with them selling to who they sell to and nobody is stopping that so what are yall saying?

really bruh?

I guess all lives matter to you also huh?

So you think they should limit themselves and hold back on pricing? Does Gucci or Bally or Louie do this? Why should BBB try to settle for less? Just dont buy them. It makes no sense that they should do anything differently than they are doing it and guess what? Im right because everything Im sayingis whats actually happening. So again what are the naysayers even...talking about on any level? Nothing. All people gotta do is not buy them all the extra is nonsense.

aint got ? to do with limits.
    his model is fukked up and is destructive an this ? aint even doing the hardwork.

his attitude sucks ass an is not helpful to those coming after him and he's hurting his sons.

it's bigger than a shoe...his aggression kills him before he gets off the ground.

its not about black or white per se but it is apart of it.

you are missing the big picture. but whatever...

what type ? says I'm right?
    ole chin up I got the better sand castle ass ? .
    yea. you got it

See...we on 2 different wavelenghts here...I went back and read the first post and they apparently made $157,000...In one day...Before dude has even stepped foot on an NBA court. Thats all I'll say on that. This aint personal or emotional for me Im on a higher level than that. I dont have any real issue with you. Its just "he should..." uh no he dont gotta do none of that. My "side" has everything in this "debate" yours has nothing but emotion. What about the business? Numbers and everything else. Too bad for you it hurts you but they already doing it. You have nothing to do with that. Dont buy them if you dont like it. Is there anything else I can help you understand? Cause if not let them do their business their way (they doing that regardless) and it will do what it does. That is literally the end of discussion....$157,000 made in one day.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just noticed something looking at the last several posts in this thread. He gettin continued publicity and the people who "dont like" what they are doing are the main ones still thinking/talkng about it. The last several posts show this. Yet they dont understand the bigger picture here. Trying to overthink and rationalize. They trying to make money. Yes they can do it too deal with it. We get it it aint emotional or about feelings and who you "like" nobody cares about your emotions smh. They got the naysayers the most interested and intrigued. Im fine with them selling to who they sell to and nobody is stopping that so what are yall saying?

really bruh?

So you think they should limit themselves and hold back on pricing? Does Gucci or Bally or Louie do this? Why should BBB try to settle for less? Just dont buy them. It makes no sense that they should do anything differently than they are doing it and guess what? Im right because everything Im sayingis whats actually happening. So again what are the naysayers even...talking about on any level? Nothing. All people gotta do is not buy them all the extra is nonsense.

his model is fukked up and is destructive an this ? aint even doing the hardwork.

his attitude sucks ass an is not helpful to those coming after him and he's hurting his sons.

it's bigger than a shoe...his aggression kills him before he gets off the ground.

yea. you got it

See...we on 2 different wavelenghts here...I went back and read the first post and they apparently made $157,000...In one day...Before dude has even stepped foot on an NBA court. Thats all I'll say on that. This aint personal or emotional for me Im on a higher level than that. I dont have any real issue with you. Its just "he should..." uh no he dont gotta do none of that. My "side" has everything in this "debate" yours has nothing but emotion. What about the business? Numbers and everything else. Too bad for you it hurts you but they already doing it. You have nothing to do with that. Dont buy them if you dont like it. Is there anything else I can help you understand? Cause if not let them do their business their way (they doing that regardless) and it will do what it does. That is literally the end of discussion....$157,000 made in one day.

smdh.

you think thats money?

to who?

it may seem like alot but it ain't ? on the grand scheme.

you catch more flies with honey.

he could have tripled that by being humble and having a business model worded differently.

you thinking ? want him to fail...
    did you ever think they want him to win but see him burying himself AND taking his sons with him?

you can't be that dense
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

really bruh?

yea. you got it

smdh.

you think thats money?

to who?

he could have tripled that by being humble and having a business model worded differently.

did you ever think they want him to win but see him burying himself AND taking his sons with him?

you can't be that dense

Chuckle. Do I think 157000 in one day is money? Uh...Yeah. And Im not entertaining any nonsense from people who havent made that much in one day about how thats "not money?" anybody can say that. Those are dollars. All you have is emotion I killed everything you are saying. All you have is "they should" nonsense. Your so dense your worried about other grown men's business...let that sink in. Your saying nothing. This is pointless they are doing what they do their way. My point. Deal with it the end.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall doin too much
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get who he's trying to sell those ? to the average person isn't kicking out 500 for kicks. Let alone a no name, to me this is like when nipsy sold his mixtape for 100 foh with that. But if you can get ya loot get it it just won't be from me
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

really bruh?

yea. you got it

smdh.

you think thats money?

to who?

you can't be that dense

Chuckle. Do I think 157000 in one day is money? Uh...Yeah. And Im not entertaining any nonsense from people who havent made that much in one day about how thats "not money?" anybody can say that. Those are dollars. All you have is emotion I killed everything you are saying. All you have is "they should" nonsense. Your so dense your worried about other grown men's business...let that sink in. Your saying nothing. This is pointless they are doing what they do their way. My point. Deal with it the end.

I don't give out wack...but I had to on this one...

so many thing wrong with what you saying.....

Mike made a billion over years
    Nike made maybe 10 times that...

he made what in one day?

what he make that week?

that don't mean ? when he can make more with less effort an more friends.

you need help starting then go solo.

but you know what...what do I know about business
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    The key word in the whole thing is brand. Basketball player shoes sell mostly for the brand that people buy into. I don't give a ? if this dude is black or not, he a snake ass ? who says stupid ? . I don't support Big Baller Brand because it's built on some ? ? . Come correct.

what makes Lavar Ball a snake ass ? ?
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    and props to @NoCompetition for handing out that ether...............? only got emotional responses

haha @2stepz_ahead saying $158K in a day ain't money

u outta touch for real bruh..........how many other bball players who ain't never step foot on an NBA court would say they would not have liked to make that same move if they could?

I'm genuinely surprised u hating on them Ball ? getting money.........lemme find out u jealous haha
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    and props to @NoCompetition for handing out that ether...............? only got emotional responses

haha @2stepz_ahead saying $158K in a day ain't money

u outta touch for real bruh..........how many other bball players who ain't never step foot on an NBA court would say they would not have liked to make that same move if they could?

I'm genuinely surprised u hating on them Ball ? getting money.........lemme find out u jealous haha

still trying ? ...

? that money aint ? when nike making billions.....

you got local ? buying plain air force oned an custom coloring them ? and can get half that in a few weeks. and the local.

also like I said...his attitude fukked up him getting g more from the jump.

who y'all got fake outrage but not listening..

you ? voted for Trump didn't you?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    The key word in the whole thing is brand. Basketball player shoes sell mostly for the brand that people buy into. I don't give a ? if this dude is black or not, he a snake ass ? who says stupid ? . I don't support Big Baller Brand because it's built on some ? ? . Come correct.

aye ? ,

I'm not calling another man no name unless I'm ready to die
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Y'all ? still in this?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Y'all ? still in this?

them ? voted Trump an now this.....
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He a snake ass ? who throws people under the bus for his own gain. He did it to the HS basketball coaches, the white players at UCLA, he's putting his own sons in hostile situations at UCLA and the NBA, places he could never start at or even appear in. He a ? ? that got some bread and connects and is stepping on necks and feet and using his boys just so he can appear a certain way.
  • FlightKing
    Options
    You got a ? trying to sell a shoe that resembles the Kobe sneaker ($200) but wanna price it like a Gucci or Louis at $500 because he wanna tap into a higher market but if ? can't afford it, they're not ballers. All this, based on his son who didn't show up in the NCAA tournament while he goes around the country talking like a ? fool.

But since he's black and saying it's for his family, we should hold him down. Get the ? all the way out of here. Lack of principles and morals keep some people in that hole we're stuck in. I hold ? with the ability to higher standards than this circus ? . I don't give a ? about his money, this ain't the type of brand I can get behind.
  • blakfyahking
    Options

He a snake ass ? who throws people under the bus for his own gain. He did it to the HS basketball coaches, the white players at UCLA, he's putting his own sons in hostile situations at UCLA and the NBA, places he could never start at or even appear in. He a ? ? that got some bread and connects and is stepping on necks and feet and using his boys just so he can appear a certain way.

evidence of the bolded?

and nah nobody should hold him down cuz he's black

but it seem like mofos are more offended over the price tags of the shoes vs. the actual shoes themselves

like just cuz Nike didn't give him permission, then he shouldn't be able to sell shoes for a top tier price

if it makes him legal money and its ethical in his opinion, then I don't see a problem with it....nobody says u have to buy the shoes
  • FlightKing
    Options

evidence of the bolded?

and nah nobody should hold him down cuz he's black

but it seem like mofos are more offended over the price tags of the shoes vs. the actual shoes themselves

like just cuz Nike didn't give him permission, then he shouldn't be able to sell shoes for a top tier price

if it makes him legal money and its ethical in his opinion, then I don't see a problem with it....nobody says u have to buy the shoes

There's various reports and accounts and quotes from the people in question out there. Google it when you get a chance.

Nike would be fools to let a big mouth nobody come in and try to big boy them because he feels entitled. He should've did this from jump instead of trying to take over an industry with his volume shooting ass sons.

There's a lot of ? ? that can make people legal money and they think is ethical. You can be cool with what you're cool with. That's your prerogative in what you accept from what people say. Me not buying the shoes has nothing to do with me stating my opinion in a forum.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around ? off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

But that's not your business to tell him who to market to or how

That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

I ain't buying them ? but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

? in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own ? and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

? talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that ? translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive

You see and hear what you wanna see and hear. The ? ain't nothing we haven't seen is my point. I know you're referring to me with majority of this post, but nowhere did I say Lonzo was an average player. Everything I mentioned has been brought up by people more knowledgeable than me, so your gripe is misdirected.

You ? that hafta go against the grain on every topic to show that you're somehow "above it all" are oftentimes illogical as ? .

Lavar is counting his chickens before they hatch with this approach. Since when is being reckless with your mouth and making your son the villain, before he's even had a chance to prove himself, a good business model?

You are right about one thing though: It isn't our right to dictate how someone runs a business that isn't ours. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, from the outside looking in. And from the outside, it looks like the father is annoying, delusional and selfish.

How it is annoying

Turn off your tv bro and he goes away

Y'all ? just be weak and masking hate with criticism

If his father ain't the character he is, these shoes don't get recognition or the national attention

I ain't going against any grain, I'm just not a ? ass ? ...words don't mean ? ...? cares what he say

Floyd Mayweather say/do the most ignorant ? but he the biggest boxing attraction last 10 years making 150+ mil for fights

Andre Ward been just as dominant but play the humble role, fraction of the attention. Fraction of the money

That ? gotta prove his self no matter what, this ? is sports...go big or go the ? home...these ? aiming for the top spot

Did you really use Floyd Mayweather as an example to back up your argument? You mean the ? that's undefeated and has proven himself time and time again? THAT Money Mayweather? Versus an unproven college athlete with a loudmouth pops? Did you really make that comparison without seeing what's wrong with it?

I ? wit dudes like Mayweather and Conor, cuz they back their ? up. It doesn't annoy me in the least bit. It's entertaining as ? .

And if Lonzo is the player his father wants him to be, his game will do the talking for him.

Please don't use another fugazi argument with me again. That ? was beyond stupid. Smh.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around ? off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

I ain't buying them ? but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

? in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own ? and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

? talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that ? translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive

You see and hear what you wanna see and hear. The ? ain't nothing we haven't seen is my point. I know you're referring to me with majority of this post, but nowhere did I say Lonzo was an average player. Everything I mentioned has been brought up by people more knowledgeable than me, so your gripe is misdirected.

You ? that hafta go against the grain on every topic to show that you're somehow "above it all" are oftentimes illogical as ? .

Lavar is counting his chickens before they hatch with this approach. Since when is being reckless with your mouth and making your son the villain, before he's even had a chance to prove himself, a good business model?

You are right about one thing though: It isn't our right to dictate how someone runs a business that isn't ours. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, from the outside looking in. And from the outside, it looks like the father is annoying, delusional and selfish.

How it is annoying

If his father ain't the character he is, these shoes don't get recognition or the national attention

I ain't going against any grain, I'm just not a ? ass ? ...words don't mean ? ...? cares what he say

Floyd Mayweather say/do the most ignorant ? but he the biggest boxing attraction last 10 years making 150+ mil for fights

Andre Ward been just as dominant but play the humble role, fraction of the attention. Fraction of the money

That ? gotta prove his self no matter what, this ? is sports...go big or go the ? home...these ? aiming for the top spot

Did you really use Floyd Mayweather as an example to back up your argument? You mean the ? that's undefeated and has proven himself time and time again? THAT Money Mayweather? Versus an unproven college athlete with a loudmouth pops? Did you really make that comparison without seeing what's wrong with it?

I ? wit dudes like Mayweather and Conor, cuz they back their ? up. It doesn't annoy me in the least bit. It's entertaining as ? .

And if Lonzo is the player his father wants him to be, his game will do the talking for him.

Please don't use another fugazi argument with me again. That ? was beyond stupid. Smh.

You missed the whole point

I made a direct comparison of two fighters to illustrate a larger point. I then put a bow on em with the next sentence. You not as smart as you think bro. You a sucka foreal but play your role. Argue with yourself bozo
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How it is annoying

I made a direct comparison of two fighters to illustrate a larger point. I then put a bow on em with the next sentence. You not as smart as you think bro. You a sucka foreal but play your role. Argue with yourself bozo

Lol. I understand the correlation just fine. By your logic, the louder you are, the more money you can attract for yourself. But you essentially are comparing the loudness and arrogance of Lavar to Mayweather, as if they're in the same league and have accomplished the same things. Is that not what you're saying? Get attention by any means necessary and make money doing it, right?

Which circles back around to my point: Floyd can afford to talk that ? . He's proven all there is to prove. If Andre Ward up and decides to start wylin to bring more attention to his name, he too has earned the right. Otherwise, you out here lookin like a Troy Ave ass ? .

I may not be as smart as I think I am, but it's still more than enough to make you look like the ? ? you are. ? off my ? , ? .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How it is annoying

Lol. I understand the correlation just fine. By your logic, the louder you are, the more money you can attract for yourself. But you essentially are comparing the loudness and arrogance of Lavar to Mayweather, as if they're in the same league and have accomplished the same things. Is that not what you're saying? Get attention by any means necessary and make money doing it, right?

Which circles back around to my point: Floyd can afford to talk that ? . He's proven all there is to prove. If Andre Ward up and decides to start wylin to bring more attention to his name, he too has earned the right. Otherwise, you out here lookin like a Troy Ave ass ? .

I may not be as smart as I think I am, but it's still more than enough to make you look like the ? ? you are. ? off my ? , ? .

I wanted to hit you with a didn't read gif so bad but I did read lol

It was ? ? ? though...you a ? bro, own it

? can say what they want, whether before or after, that ? gotta be backed up in the end..? cares about the order but a soft ass ? ...you don't make the rules here and it kills you peasant ass ?

Stay in your place and complain about what bosses do while we keep doing what the ? we want to do
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't sell your product if you alienate the consumer.

And don't matter how good you are if your shoe is trash. Word to Steph Curry. His shoes ain't moving like they thought they would because them ? is trash.
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    Lavar Ball ain't ? I see that now

he got black youths willing to commit violence against each other over these shoes without ? even buying them 1st

got dayum :joy:
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only a matter of time til Lonzo puts Lavar in check. Probably a few years down the road though