The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? outta here with Drummond, Marc Gasol

Gasol due to fall off any day now. Drummond is a decade younger and locked into his deal for the next 4 years. Plus why would you want a guy who has a career average of less then 8 rebounds per game? Your startinf front court would combine for the same amount of boards AD would get you.

Because Drummond is an awful fit with what we do here and he's a liability you can't even have him on the floor in the 4th, I don't care about rebound averages Marc is still a superior defender, passer and shooter, he's got 3 good years left playing with Horford will be the most dynamic front court in the league besides obviously NO but I don't even see them working together as good as Al and Marc, id rather see what we have with Zizic, matchvwhatever Olynyk gets offered and bring back Amir on a minimum deal than to deal with Drummond for 4 years, I love how people think all we need to do is plug in a rebounder and all is fixed it doesn't work like that

Gasol is a better player currently im not disagreeing with that but your championship window realistically wont open for 2 to 3 more years. Why would you want to invest in a player who's turning 33 next year all while giving up significant assets?

Drummond has his flaws no doubt but he's still a hell of a player and young enough to grow into a much better player under the right guidance. Plus he fits the time line that of your young core. 4 years from now Brown and Fultz should be established and ready to roll AD will still only be 27 yrs old. Trading for Gasol would be hustling backwards.

I must of missed something why did you even mention AD? It's really not hustling backwards because you have IT and Horford in a timeline and we've already reached the ecf, Gasol catapults is to another level and say we did draft Fultz then odds are (I have a hard time believing) but the general consensus is Avery is the odd man out so if he's gone anyway why not use him as an asset to help us potentially contend now and we still have Fultz/Brown/2018 Brooklyn and other young players to build with beyond this timeline? Drummond is hustling backwards because we are stuck with a guy that makes us worse
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus that 2/3 window assumption is just that, we're not as far off as you think
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Andre Drummond imo is worse than his numbers indicate especially if you watch him

I think he can still be effective if used right but yeah he had a terrible year and took a a step or two backwards
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This cat Lavar ball is going in on ? Whitlock and that cute CAC chick from the Herd......LOL
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    This cat Lavar ball is going in on ? Whitlock and that cute CAC chick from the Herd......LOL

I like how he handled that freak.
  • d.green
    edited May 2017
    Options
    See how that broad is trying to ruin Lavar Ball?

Talking about "are you threatening me".

C'mon man.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus that 2/3 window assumption is just that, we're not as far off as you think

Yes you are. The Cavs and Warriors are miles ahead of you. Sorry to break it to you but Marc Gasol isn't putting you over the the top.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andre Drummond imo is worse than his numbers indicate especially if you watch him

I think he can still be effective if used right but yeah he had a terrible year and took a a step or two backwards

Now when you say used right you mean....surrounded by shooters?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where can I find this glorious moment?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

yea mayne..where is this goin dine
  • d.green
    Options
    Now Cowherd is saying his callers are writing in that he should've kicked Lavar from the show.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

prolly will have to DL his podcast , I listen via IHeartradio app!
  • d.green
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whitlock podcast?

Quite possible Lavar Ball got a podcast I just didn't know about it.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question

What yall think lebron gon do when he lose to GS in the finals this year with a healthy team? You think he gon leave again or try to get someone much nicer on the Cavs like Blake or CP3?

So ain't nobody gon answer this? Because yall knows it's coming

Nobody answered because nobody knows what that wishy washy ass ? goin do.
  • d.green
    Options

Whitlock podcast?

Quite possible Lavar Ball got a podcast I just didn't know about it.

He may be talking about Cowherd.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now when you say used right you mean....surrounded by shooters?

Maybe I should've rephrased that.....if hes willing to except his role he can still be effective, if he can lock in defensively and focus on crashing boars he can still help a team.....and of course good spacing always helps

Im not a big fan of him either but I think a change of scenery would do him some good, Detroits offense sucked and they could never figure out the correct lineups to use
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Boston is gonna draft a PG at number 1 when they already have their franchise PG

I like IT but to really contend you can't depend on a 5'9 PG as your best player. He is going to get abused defensively against the Cavs. With that said I hope they trade the pick for Jimmy Butler and that nets pick next year. Wishful thinking I know.

Man stop it fultz is coming here, I'm not giving up the number 1 pick for Jimmy or PG I feel like we need to hold onto fultz. IT plays better off the ball (turner, horford and smart have ran the offense )
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IT and Fultz can play together. I think they move Bradley/Crowder for a big

U dont trade Bradley. Bosten better keep Bradley and Smart on theyteam. Theywillngly hustle and want to play defense. Crowder can go. Trade the pick and draft the kid from Duke later
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Shannon Sharpe just basically called Mike Brown a ? for laughing and coonin about getting stopped by the cops going into Oracle....and for being overall delusional about what's going on with racial tension in America.

I had to turn the channel last night when they was interviewing his potatoe head ass... ? level was infinite smh
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lavar ? up saying that Kyrie's mom wasn't around growing up but Lonzo;s mom was while he was growing up.....Kyrie's mom died when he was 4
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BlackAX410

who says no?

this years number 1 pick
    next year BK pick
    Crowder

to Pelicans for A.D

Mike Gorman was jus on NBC sports radio saying Ainge has 3 players he would package both picks for and AD is one of them

I'd do it for AD but I think we keep this pic
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Just off of sheer highlights, i rather Tatum then fultz....like Tatum's size (n/h) and versatility(what seems to be) , and he would only get bigger and stronger.

Dont think the Cs system really needs a PG. They huck up 3s anyways...so don't really need a good PG for that ish.

I don't disagree but I'm not drafting him at 1, im fleecing a team and moving down, I think we can do that to Phoenix who will probably move on from Bledsoe and I would assume would like to pair Fultz with Booker

So Bledsoe and #4 for let's say Smart and #1? Or do you need more from PHX