Big Baller Brand Didn’t Sell Nearly As Many Lonzo Ball Shoes As Initially Reported

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    If Lonzo plays well like someone said his shoes will sell. If the plan works that is trouble for the monopoly these shoe companies hold on the industry

Nope.

• SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    If Lonzo plays well like someone said his shoes will sell. If the plan works that is trouble for the monopoly these shoe companies hold on the industry

Nope.

Explain my ninja
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Nope.

Explain my ninja

If your shoe is trash it ain't gon move.

Curry ain't move the units they thought he would and he's a 2 time MVP
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just think for one second if Michael Jordan had this business sense upon entering the leauge.. No Nike just Jordan brand out the gate all independent. He'd be a billionaire 3 times over. Brothas gotta see the bigger picture

It's not a matter of it being a good idea, it's the manner of how he's going about it. I won't let a ? slide just cause he's black - the way he's going about it is foolish and embarrassing. Racism, sexism and nepotism all throughout his stupid ass rants but he wants us to buy into it because it's for his family. He ? on white college players, women buying his brand and put his sons high on a pedestal while downing Jordan...

...who started this athlete shoe ? . It was gonna happen but this is ridiculous how he's doing it. I don't support clowns.
  • SELASI_i
    Options

Nope.

Explain my ninja

Them ? dont look too bad. If I was young enough and dumb enough I know id probably be tryna get some especially if he can hoop. Curry's ? was ugly bro and under armor aint what you think when you think dope. Lonzo got a chance to define his own brand that's good.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope.

Explain my ninja

Them ? dont look too bad. If I was young enough and dumb enough I know id probably be tryna get some especially if he can hoop. Curry's ? was ugly bro and under armor aint what you think when you think dope. Lonzo got a chance to define his own brand that's good.

Not as long as his Daddy talking for him, he doesn't. Nobody knows ? about Lonzo and who he is. This is his Daddy's shoe.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not true at all...
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    His pops can't play for him and his game should speak for itself. His dad is drawing attention. When its time to play nobody will be interviewing Lavar, its gonna be about how well Lonzo is playing and what his teams record is.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Lavar has to be that aggressive with his stance on his son and his business because all these companies don't want him there. He represents progress, he shows you CAN do it on your own, if every prospect had someone in their corner to show them how to get money Independently these companies would be ? out of luck and forced to work harder.

Nike pays players to model shoes they make with their names on it. Lavar produces the same quality show and puts his own name on it and takes all the profit. Yeah they don't want that SMMFH. The hate Lavar and Lonzo is getting is straight Boondocks or South Park episode material SMMFH LOLOL. Let them cook....

Boom. You get it.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I would like to see this work but he can't diss the consumer and rub ppl the wrong way when you ain't established and you son is a what if
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    His pops can't play for him and his game should speak for itself. His dad is drawing attention. When its time to play nobody will be interviewing Lavar, its gonna be about how well Lonzo is playing and what his teams record is.

I didn't even know who Lonzo was til Lavar started talking. As for Steph's shoe. They didn't sell enough for what they paid Steph to get his name. As an independent BBB would be very successful selling even half. As for ugly shoes. People pay out the ass for ugly Jordan's and those ugly ass phoams. If it has hype it sells.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    What the Ball family is doing should be lauded and is commendable. However, how Lavar is doing it should not. He's not coming across as genuine, or particularly intelligent. ? , the ? damn near trolling his way to success. He seems opportunistic, overbearing, and just an all-around nuisance. You don't alienate a potential consumer base by saying they don't fit your brand's criteria because they don't have the money to pay for your unproven son's shoe. That's ? stupid.

As far as his son bearing the brunt of his father's obnoxiousness when he gets to the league, I don't know how it'll pan out. I do know he's no LeBron. LeBron was/is truly an anomaly. His body build, fundamental skill set, athleticism and basketball iq were already off the charts before he even got to the league. The potential bust factor for Bron was way smaller than it is for Lonzo. I saw Bron play in hs, and I already knew he was different.

I say that to say this: Lonzo ain't even close to being a LeBron-caliber player, so every target that's on you is not the same as the next man's, nor are the abilities to deal with said target. His shot is ? weird and will be hindered if not tended to. He's not particularly athletic or quick. He's an ok passer. Not really that strong and he needs to hit the weight room. Defense is lacking, and he hasn't really shown us anything that we haven't seen a million times by people that are better than him and still have faltered at the next level.

At this point, he's just a good college player that has to prove he can cut it for himself, and his idiot father. Would there be pressure on him without his pop wylin' out all the time? Undoubtedly. Should he hafta deal with extra pressure when he wasn't even the one that created it? No.

Someone needs to tell the dad to chill and that he's coming across like a selfish leech.
    You make a lot of good points but there is already pressure when a player enters the draft and more when they play in the league. So this stuff about extra pressure is pointless.

He has the right idea to control his son's brand as a family since no player has control and the companies are in charge of everything. If he succeeds and I hope he does this would open up doors for other players to control their own brand and take the power away from these white companies.

All I see are other black people beung negative and criticising this man instead of rooting for him when he has the right idea. I said before, if I was an athlete I would do the same so that I retain ownership of my brand and name instead of letting a company like Nike own me the way Jordan did.

After Jordan is long dead the descendents of Nike will still be rich from his name. Lavar saying you ain't a baller if you can't afford it is no different than white companies charging high prices just because they can. Now cause a black man does it makes it a problem?

I don't think there are many black people that want to see him fail. His success or failure has no bearing on my life whatsoever. I think black people are criticizing him because he's making it more difficult for himself to succeed. If you have the blueprint for success, why the hell would you take the more circuitous route and expose yourself to more chances for failure?

As far as "extra pressure", maybe it should be worded as outside pressure. As in, outside of pressure pertaining to basketball; or distractions. Instead of Lonzo working on his defense, improving his shot, and fielding questions related to his game, msm is more focused on his father and asking him questions related to that. It's unnecessary and unfair for an emerging athlete to hafta deal with stuff like that. Especially when that stuff can be easily prevented.

The shoes are actually a subplot to me though; a microcosm of the larger issue. I'm looking at this from the pov of a father to a son, and the more important issue pertains to the effects that Lavar's actions will have on his sons.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall dad bomani jones jumpn to cacs side...another ? exposed fake
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Been knowing he was a studio gangasta
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    What the Ball family is doing should be lauded and is commendable. However, how Lavar is doing it should not. He's not coming across as genuine, or particularly intelligent. ? , the ? damn near trolling his way to success. He seems opportunistic, overbearing, and just an all-around nuisance. You don't alienate a potential consumer base by saying they don't fit your brand's criteria because they don't have the money to pay for your unproven son's shoe. That's ? stupid.

As far as his son bearing the brunt of his father's obnoxiousness when he gets to the league, I don't know how it'll pan out. I do know he's no LeBron. LeBron was/is truly an anomaly. His body build, fundamental skill set, athleticism and basketball iq were already off the charts before he even got to the league. The potential bust factor for Bron was way smaller than it is for Lonzo. I saw Bron play in hs, and I already knew he was different.

I say that to say this: Lonzo ain't even close to being a LeBron-caliber player, so every target that's on you is not the same as the next man's, nor are the abilities to deal with said target. His shot is ? weird and will be hindered if not tended to. He's not particularly athletic or quick. He's an ok passer. Not really that strong and he needs to hit the weight room. Defense is lacking, and he hasn't really shown us anything that we haven't seen a million times by people that are better than him and still have faltered at the next level.

At this point, he's just a good college player that has to prove he can cut it for himself, and his idiot father. Would there be pressure on him without his pop wylin' out all the time? Undoubtedly. Should he hafta deal with extra pressure when he wasn't even the one that created it? No.

Someone needs to tell the dad to chill and that he's coming across like a selfish leech.
    You make a lot of good points but there is already pressure when a player enters the draft and more when they play in the league. So this stuff about extra pressure is pointless.

He has the right idea to control his son's brand as a family since no player has control and the companies are in charge of everything. If he succeeds and I hope he does this would open up doors for other players to control their own brand and take the power away from these white companies.

All I see are other black people beung negative and criticising this man instead of rooting for him when he has the right idea. I said before, if I was an athlete I would do the same so that I retain ownership of my brand and name instead of letting a company like Nike own me the way Jordan did.

After Jordan is long dead the descendents of Nike will still be rich from his name. Lavar saying you ain't a baller if you can't afford it is no different than white companies charging high prices just because they can. Now cause a black man does it makes it a problem?

I don't think there are many black people that want to see him fail. His success or failure has no bearing on my life whatsoever. I think black people are criticizing him because he's making it more difficult for himself to succeed. If you have the blueprint for success, why the hell would you take the more circuitous route and expose yourself to more chances for failure?

As far as "extra pressure", maybe it should be worded as outside pressure. As in, outside of pressure pertaining to basketball; or distractions. Instead of Lonzo working on his defense, improving his shot, and fielding questions related to his game, msm is more focused on his father and asking him questions related to that. It's unnecessary and unfair for an emerging athlete to hafta deal with stuff like that. Especially when that stuff can be easily prevented.

The shoes are actually a subplot to me though; a microcosm of the larger issue. I'm looking at this from the pov of a father to a son, and the more important issue pertains to the effects that Lavar's actions will have on his sons.

As long as he loyal to his son and they keep a freat relationship. I don't have an issue with how he conducts himself. Trump and his daddy were actually discriminating against people and succeeded from it. History shows you can have a bad public perception and be successful yet it is held against blacks. Dana White as a business owner said and did things much worse than Lavar and the UFC is bigger than ever.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Folk will diss him for pricing his shoes for $500 but go out and buy Jordans for $300+ every release for different colourways on 31 shoes SMMFH.....

The idiocracy wasn't just a movie....

0t0o88bo35v1.gif

99% of Jordans dont cost 300

And the shoes have zoom n other tech in them...

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As long as he loyal to his son and they keep a freat relationship. I don't have an issue with how he conducts himself. Trump and his daddy were actually discriminating against people and succeeded from it. History shows you can have a bad public perception and be successful yet it is held against blacks. Dana White as a business owner said and did things much worse than Lavar and the UFC is bigger than ever.

Are you a father? And if you are, would you purposely make your child's life more difficult than it needed to be?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Are you a father? And if you are, would you purposely make your child's life more difficult than it needed to be?
    How is he making his child's life difficult though? I would encourage my child to to believe in their self and go all out like Lavar is doing. My personality is different but I would be as aggressive.
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »

Been knowing he was a studio gangasta

Foh ... lavar ball and his clown ass WWF interviews will not be the measurment for Bomani's blackness

I said been knowing... Meaning prior to this.. All good tho
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    ? ? me with this damsel in distress ? .