The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spurs gonna win tonight's game. I have a feeling they'll pull one out.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kd top 2 in my book, just a bit distant

Kawhi Cold but got a bit to go on offense n playmaking b4 passing kd
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Anybody taking Kawhi over KD or vice versa?
    And is KD still a top 5 player?

My mans strongly believes KD isn't top 5 anymore because he didn't make 1st team. I think that's a ? reason. Before KD got injured he was the definition of efficient.

To me it's a toss up. KD still a top 5 player in this league. He just doesn't have to carry the load as much offensively, but he's shooting a career high FG% in the regular season and postseason. Offensively both as a scorer and passer it's still him>>Kawhi by a slight margin, but Kawhi's defense is second to none. Kawhi had the better season to me just because more is being asked of him and he's delivered, but he has to continue to play at this level and do more as a passer for me to definitively say he's ahead of KD.

Lmaooo by a slight margin

They not in the same gym offensively

Give me KD on defense too since he guarding 1-5

Is this really a conversation

For some. This is a convo I was in on. My response ain't on here cuz it's too long

X: how are they (GS) worse with a top 5 player added?you smoking

My mans: If you know anything about basketball that don't mean ? he top 5 but didn't even make all NBA 1st team that top 5 spot closing..I want whatever y'all on

X: nah kawhi not better than KD yet

My mans: Shidddd you say he own LeBron he definitely owns KD every time they play lol who got a finals MVP and 2 DPOY before 25? Not KD all he got is a MVP and a few scoring titles

Im mad I read this ? . You should be banned for a day.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kawhi. It far from kd offensively he may not be behind like you think he is he kd scores "prettier" than kawhi but still gets it done and kawhi is a way better defensive player than kd kawhi is is better imo for his prowess in both sides
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »

Always showing up in the playoffs will matter when that goat discussion is had. Taking games off and losing to a clearly inferior team doesnt help.

But Jordan has had ? playoff games too. Contrary to popular belief he wasn't perfect and had some bad playoff games when his team needed him too

Has he ever been accused of playing passive or scared? I laugh when people say that they wanna see the RoboBron or whatever they call him. giphy.gif?response_id=592255e048dda0e39da266ad

MJ was in destroy mode at all times. If his shot ain't fallin, he at least was giving full effort and not playing scared. You don't have to worry about which MJ is gonna show up. Lebron don't have that killer instinct that Jordan and Kobe possess. I'ts why little ? and role players like DeShawn Stevenson, Lance, Draymond don't have no problem stepping to him. Lebron is a great player but he can be frustrating to watch at times.

While I agree LeBron can be confusing to watch at times it amazing how people forget just how much Jordan let the Pistons get to him and all the complaining he did. Go look at the Bad Boys documentary NBA TV did and they have footage in it of MJ whining about how the Pistons played him and how it was bad for the game and needed to be done away with. MJ is the goat but he wasn't this perfect player who never had a bad game. He had his share of bad playoff games too...less than most but he had moments he didn't always show up

Beatung ? up on the court isn't good defense man. That ? was bad for the game Jordan always showed up in the playoffs and i dont think anyone say he never had had games, just none in the playoffs

I agree the "I can't stop you so ima hurt you" defensive strategy is ? and that's why I laugh when people say players were so much better in the past.

MJ did have bad playoff games though. For instance everyone remembers Jordan dropping 63 pts vs Boston but its never mentioned the next game he went 8-18 wit 5 turnovers. Another elimination game he shot 9-30 and lost. Another game he shot 5-15 in a game and his team lost the series lead and eventually the series itself. 1990 ECF game he shot 7-19...he's had bad playoff games. ? have just been brainwashed by only seeing his highlight reels people now think he never made any mistakes

All valid.. Thing is.. Once Mike figured out how to win.. He didnt stink up the joint again. Thats the difference..

FALSE.

He had plenty of bad games during the dynasty.

Difference is you can never question his effort or will to win during a game.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Anybody taking Kawhi over KD or vice versa?
    And is KD still a top 5 player?

My mans strongly believes KD isn't top 5 anymore because he didn't make 1st team. I think that's a ? reason. Before KD got injured he was the definition of efficient.

To me it's a toss up. KD still a top 5 player in this league. He just doesn't have to carry the load as much offensively, but he's shooting a career high FG% in the regular season and postseason. Offensively both as a scorer and passer it's still him>>Kawhi by a slight margin, but Kawhi's defense is second to none. Kawhi had the better season to me just because more is being asked of him and he's delivered, but he has to continue to play at this level and do more as a passer for me to definitively say he's ahead of KD.

Lmaooo by a slight margin

They not in the same gym offensively

Give me KD on defense too since he guarding 1-5

Is this really a conversation

For some. This is a convo I was in on. My response ain't on here cuz it's too long

X: how are they (GS) worse with a top 5 player added?you smoking

My mans: If you know anything about basketball that don't mean ? he top 5 but didn't even make all NBA 1st team that top 5 spot closing..I want whatever y'all on

X: nah kawhi not better than KD yet

My mans: Shidddd you say he own LeBron he definitely owns KD every time they play lol who got a finals MVP and 2 DPOY before 25? Not KD all he got is a MVP and a few scoring titles

Im mad I read this ? . You should be banned for a day.

You should be mad for me. I actually know this ? . I wanted to kick a puppy earlier today.

I could make an entire thread on the dumb ? he says. I thought about it. It's just too much work.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kawhi. It far from kd offensively he may not be behind like you think he is he kd scores "prettier" than kawhi but still gets it done and kawhi is a way better defensive player than kd kawhi is is better imo for his prowess in both sides

I just think KD is pretty much the easiest scorer in the league, kawhi make strides yearly but he not there yet, there are times when he scores but it looks like it took a lot of work, he'll get there with more work on ball handling and post play. Plus kd defense is improved, of course kawhi is in another league there tho
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »

Always showing up in the playoffs will matter when that goat discussion is had. Taking games off and losing to a clearly inferior team doesnt help.

But Jordan has had ? playoff games too. Contrary to popular belief he wasn't perfect and had some bad playoff games when his team needed him too

Has he ever been accused of playing passive or scared? I laugh when people say that they wanna see the RoboBron or whatever they call him. giphy.gif?response_id=592255e048dda0e39da266ad

MJ was in destroy mode at all times. If his shot ain't fallin, he at least was giving full effort and not playing scared. You don't have to worry about which MJ is gonna show up. Lebron don't have that killer instinct that Jordan and Kobe possess. I'ts why little ? and role players like DeShawn Stevenson, Lance, Draymond don't have no problem stepping to him. Lebron is a great player but he can be frustrating to watch at times.

While I agree LeBron can be confusing to watch at times it amazing how people forget just how much Jordan let the Pistons get to him and all the complaining he did. Go look at the Bad Boys documentary NBA TV did and they have footage in it of MJ whining about how the Pistons played him and how it was bad for the game and needed to be done away with. MJ is the goat but he wasn't this perfect player who never had a bad game. He had his share of bad playoff games too...less than most but he had moments he didn't always show up

Beatung ? up on the court isn't good defense man. That ? was bad for the game Jordan always showed up in the playoffs and i dont think anyone say he never had had games, just none in the playoffs

I agree the "I can't stop you so ima hurt you" defensive strategy is ? and that's why I laugh when people say players were so much better in the past.

MJ did have bad playoff games though. For instance everyone remembers Jordan dropping 63 pts vs Boston but its never mentioned the next game he went 8-18 wit 5 turnovers. Another elimination game he shot 9-30 and lost. Another game he shot 5-15 in a game and his team lost the series lead and eventually the series itself. 1990 ECF game he shot 7-19...he's had bad playoff games. ? have just been brainwashed by only seeing his highlight reels people now think he never made any mistakes

All valid.. Thing is.. Once Mike figured out how to win.. He didnt stink up the joint again. Thats the difference..

FALSE.

He had plenty of bad games during the dynasty.

Difference is you can never question his effort or will to win during a game.

Never that bad bro.. My dude aint score in the fourth.. Thats a different type of bad for someone they are trying to make the goat. On top of that the opposition was missing thier best player..
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall stuck with him...Dwight is HOME

Dwight-Howard-D-joke.jpg

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    We're getting a new GM. He'll be gone soon. It's only a 3 yr contract. He won't do two more ? ass seasons here.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    An extension for John Wall will be Washington’s top priority this offseason, sources tell J. Michael of Comcast Sportsnet. The team hasn’t yet reached out to Wall, but the front office is expected to do so now that Wall has made an All-NBA team this season and is eligible for the Designated Veteran Player Extension.

Wall can sign on for an additional four years and nearly $170MM with the CBA’s new extension. While that may be tempting to most, Wall isn’t ready to sign on the dotted line just yet. Sources tell Michael that Wall would like to see the front office’s plan for the future before committing long-term.

equgck.gif

it's either treadmill hawks/raptor status for washington or lames gonna be scramblin to dickride whatever team wall goes too.

knowing this pocket watching hoe ? he aint turning down 170 mil.

get ready

jh58hz.gif
    they goin for the long walk
  • Beta
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That boy got 70 mil coming over three years

Who trading for obsolete dwight?
  • Beta
    Options
    An extension for John Wall will be Washington’s top priority this offseason, sources tell J. Michael of Comcast Sportsnet. The team hasn’t yet reached out to Wall, but the front office is expected to do so now that Wall has made an All-NBA team this season and is eligible for the Designated Veteran Player Extension.

Wall can sign on for an additional four years and nearly $170MM with the CBA’s new extension. While that may be tempting to most, Wall isn’t ready to sign on the dotted line just yet. Sources tell Michael that Wall would like to see the front office’s plan for the future before committing long-term.

equgck.gif

it's either treadmill hawks/raptor status for washington or lames gonna be scramblin to dickride whatever team wall goes too.

knowing this pocket watching hoe ? he aint turning down 170 mil.

get ready

jh58hz.gif
    they goin for the long walk

As long as John on a competitive team I'll be happy
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

The Wizards
  • Beta
    Options

The Wizards

rtq1qaeff27y.gif
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Most important #'s toronto raptors 0 championships 0 finals trips 1-11 vs the bulls in the last 3 years

It took multiple derrick rose knee injuries for the bulls to fall off.Raptors always been fugazi & I've said several times bulls should rebuild.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Take lebron off the heat

07- 1st round exit
    08- 15-67 no playoffs
    09- 1st round exit
    10-1st round exit
    15- no playoffs
    16- 2nd round exit(lost to the fraud raptors Lolll)
    17- no playoffs

:# franchise irrelevant as ? without #6 and that fluke title in 06 where d whistle and the refs beat dallas

No wonder these groupies dickride the wizards so much.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Take lebron off the heat

07- 1st round exit
    08- 15-67 no playoffs
    09- 1st round exit
    10-1st round exit
    15- no playoffs
    16- 2nd round exit(lost to the fraud raptors Lolll)
    17- no playoffs

:# franchise irrelevant as ? without #6 and that fluke title in 06 where d whistle and the refs beat dallas

No wonder these groupies dickride the wizards so much.

Forgot to add the heat went 30-11 in the 2nd half just to miss the playoffs lol,14th pick when they coulda been top 5

Ay at least they hug after games and have a strong bond.They'll need it cuz lebron aint walking through that door and neither is miami heats relevance.

Bulls at least have an all nba all star talent to trade or build wit miami has 0 all stars and limited cap space damn.
  • Beta
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bulls been relying on McDermott, niko mirotic, and Paul zipser the last few years to turn into decent players lol

Homie out here praying for hamidou diallo to come through and be a decent role player

NO good young prospects, traded for cameron Payne, and got a gang of non shooting point guards on the team
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One ECF appearance since Jordan

Made it out the first round 4x in 20 years

:/

? shooting the most tho lmao.