The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    3-15 from 3pt in games 5-7

5-24 fg in games 5-7

thats what harrison barnes was doing

his jumpers in last years finals were turnovers

had the entire 1st row ducking for safety

lebron no longer has the luxury to rest on defense -- he wont be able to roam -- hes gonna have to expound energy on both ends of the court like they do steph -- lebron is gonna have his hands full trying to guard kd because while the narrative seems to be that lebron is kd kryptonite -- that couldnt be further from the truth -- from a win/loss standpoint yes but make no mistake about it

kd can get buckets on lebron

been doing it since he was 23 in the 2012 finals + i dont think the cavs defense is good enough right now for lebron to be able to control the pace of the game like he was able to last year

warriors in 6

anyone want to paypal bet?

i got the warriors in 6

if it go 7 you win no matter the result

Chill with that defense comment bruh. Dont forget its harder to gaurd the Celtics and the Cavs beat them in 5.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based on what CK just said, I've come to the conclusion that they should give IT those 5 years
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

5-24 fg in games 5-7

lebron no longer has the luxury to rest on defense -- he wont be able to roam -- hes gonna have to expound energy on both ends of the court like they do steph -- lebron is gonna have his hands full trying to guard kd because while the narrative seems to be that lebron is kd kryptonite -- that couldnt be further from the truth -- from a win/loss standpoint yes but make no mistake about it

been doing it since he was 23 in the 2012 finals + i dont think the cavs defense is good enough right now for lebron to be able to control the pace of the game like he was able to last year

warriors in 6

i got the warriors in 6

Chill with that defense comment bruh. Dont forget its harder to gaurd the Celtics and the Cavs beat them in 5.

i hate that the warriors and cavs werent challenged on their way to the finals BUT ? DAMN it doesnt get any better then this

so much legendary talent going to battle in this rivalry

these date are ? damn ridiculous though

june 1
    june 4
    june 7
    june 9
    june 12
    june 15
    june 18

every third day except for game 3 and 4

and we gotta wait a whole week for it to even start

smh
  • ckfree
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Based on what CK just said, I've come to the conclusion that they should give IT those 5 years

it kinda reminds me of people arguing that adrian peterson should be paid big money while ignoring all the evidence that a RB hits a wall at 30 years old no matter who they are

they said no way

AP different

hes a freak

etc

and look what happened

he hit a wall at 30 years old and at 32 years old he is barely worth a 1 year deal on a mediocre team
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Celtics fans, check out this scenario. I hear that Hayward is pretty much a lock to go to the Celtics. Lets say that does happen.

Once yall got Hayward, would yall be down to trade lets say a combo of IT, the #1 pick this year, and lets say crowder, avery or smart for PG or Butler? That will give yall a core of Hayward, PG/Butler, Horford, and most of yall current bench, and all under a great coach.

Would be an interesting shakeup. Everyone is acting like if the Cs get Hayward they gonna be out on PG or Butler, but I wouldnt be suprised if they go ahead and trade for one of them if they get Hayward

C's aren't giving up the #1 pick for jimmy or pg and the bulls aren't trading jimmy to boston without the #1 pick.That's way too much to give up too

I cosign the bolded but my 1st sentence basically bodies that.Pg is fixated on goin to the lakers to be 6-10 seeds
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

kyle lowly - peaking at 27-30 but injuries are hitting and is likely about to face a hard fall at 30 years old -- lets see how this goes the next 3 years

As A Philly fan this is the main reason I don’t want him on the team. If Philly was in a win now situation, a 2-3 year contract would be ok. I rather take my chances on developing a youngin or trying a cheaper option than Kyle. I really was wishing GS would of gave up McCaw for Noel or Okafor at the deadline. Now they are saying that Ball would consider working out for Philly. Don't want him either. I'm just not convinced he is the phenom some are calling him.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if Fultz goes number 1, he will be paid more than IT next season
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Celtics fans, check out this scenario. I hear that Hayward is pretty much a lock to go to the Celtics. Lets say that does happen.

Once yall got Hayward, would yall be down to trade lets say a combo of IT, the #1 pick this year, and lets say crowder, avery or smart for PG or Butler? That will give yall a core of Hayward, PG/Butler, Horford, and most of yall current bench, and all under a great coach.

Would be an interesting shakeup. Everyone is acting like if the Cs get Hayward they gonna be out on PG or Butler, but I wouldnt be suprised if they go ahead and trade for one of them if they get Hayward

C's aren't giving up the #1 pick for jimmy or pg and the bulls aren't trading jimmy to boston without the #1 pick.That's way too much to give up too

I cosign the bolded but my 1st sentence basically bodies that.Pg is fixated on goin to the lakers to be 6-10 seeds

That #1 pick has to be involved for a trade to happen.

I dont think something like this is gonna happen, but itll be cool if some ? comes out left field like this.
  • ckfree
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

kyle lowly - peaking at 27-30 but injuries are hitting and is likely about to face a hard fall at 30 years old -- lets see how this goes the next 3 years

As A Philly fan this is the main reason I don’t want him on the team. If Philly was in a win now situation, a 2-3 year contract would be ok. I rather take my chances on developing a youngin or trying a cheaper option than Kyle. I really was wishing GS would of gave up McCaw for Noel or Okafor at the deadline. Now they are saying that Ball would consider working out for Philly. Don't want him either. I'm just not convinced he is the phenom some are calling him.

lowry a late bloomer in the sense he didnt start seeing heavy minutes (30+/game) until he was 24

curious whether this might help as he ages

but yeah i wouldnt bet on it

i cant really comment on lonzo because i havent watched him play enough but i do think hes getting a bad rap thats clouding peoples judgement of him

he definitely looks the part

big guard
    great passer/decision maker
    good outside shooter

and he comes off like a well mannered, soft spoken kid

im not gonna hold not wanting to workout for boston against him because thats most likely coming from his dad who just doesnt want his son called ? every time he miss an open jumper
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

it kinda reminds me of people arguing that adrian peterson should be paid big money while ignoring all the evidence that a RB hits a wall at 30 years old no matter who they are

they said no way

AP different

hes a freak

etc

and look what happened

he hit a wall at 30 years old and at 32 years old he is barely worth a 1 year deal on a mediocre team

i thought you was talking about me for a sec

we good fam

be blessed
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
  • ckfree
    Options
    IF I CATCH ANOTHER MFER TALKING SWEET ABOUT CHRISTIANO FELICO IM ? BEATING THEY ASS

IM NOT ? PLAYING NO MORE
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IF I CATCH ANOTHER MFER TALKING SWEET ABOUT CHRISTIANO FELICO IM ? BEATING THEY ASS

IM NOT ? PLAYING NO MORE

Who that. You meant to post this in that soccer thread
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

IM NOT ? PLAYING NO MORE

Wat?!? Felicio a foul machine who can't catch the ball if it aint an oop.He shows flashes at times but I wouldn't care if he left
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We took back the division, took back the conference, ecf appearance, 1st pick, how can I be mad when you got teams out here building around anorexic players with long arms, big picture that was a successful season we reached our ceiling and at the same time exceeded a lot of expectations, we deserve a round of applause

Bruh. I dont even trip. With all the Cs got going on this off season. ? looks too interesting to care whats posted.
  • ckfree
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

IM NOT ? PLAYING NO MORE

3113587.png&w=350&h=254

he plays for the bulls

ive never heard him speak and never even knew he existed 2 years ago

i maintain he is actually 18 months old and is thus the worlds largest infant
  • ckfree
    Options

IM NOT ? PLAYING NO MORE

Wat?!? Felicio a foul machine who can't catch the ball if it aint an oop.He shows flashes at times but I wouldn't care if he left

felicio isnt the best player in the world but he gives his best effort every time he is on the floor

such an underrated trait

but yeah he sucks

i was just ? around
  • Beta
    Options
    Felicio head to small for his body and his biggest claim to fame is robbing the GHOST of a triple double

Homie is a poor man's jamaal Magloire
  • Beta
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

IM NOT ? PLAYING NO MORE

That's racist
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

5-24 fg in games 5-7

warriors in 6

i got the warriors in 6

how much?
  • ckfree
    Options
    purpngold wrote: »

5-24 fg in games 5-7

warriors in 6

i got the warriors in 6

how much?

wanna do a bill?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    If Kevin Durant ain't a ? ... He's gonna have y'all eatin them words.

Legacy Defining Series.
    Half a Decade of Talk that he's Lebron's ? .
    Opportunity for Revenge.
    Dude ain't been to the Finals since he was in diapers

Y'all sleepin on that man.

Really ? Come on b...Durant wasn't in no diapers he just lost
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last year:

Iggy back injury
    Bogut knee injury in game 5
    Draymond suspended for game 5
    Curry lingering knee injury
    Harrison Barnes 9ppg 31% 3's 35% fg in the finals

Took all of this for the cavs to comeback from 3-1.Seems people forgot the factors

durant has replaced barnes.Keep talking bout last year all you shannon sharpe ass ? gonna learn.Better pray the warriors get an injury

It go both ways tho. The year before no love no kyrie and it went 6 games and Cleveland was up 2-0. Both narratives matter
  • ckfree
    Options
    @purpngold i gotta go just let me know in here or in PM