The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do the ? of War gets killed by fighting... in the very first WW film no less

The Justice Leage Unlimited cartoon handled his character better.

I give this a 7/10 but it's the third best in the DCEU thus far
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I had to rank I'd say:

1. Wonder Woman
    2. BvS
    3. MOS

Suicide Squad doesn't deserve a ranking.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was really good. The wife and I had no interest in seeing it cuz DC been ? up lately. And even though I know her back story and had a few of her comics as a kid, WW was never something I rocked with like that.

But Gal and Pine nailed their roles. No complaints really. Few questionable CGI moments, but that's probably it.

And I couldn't get enough of Gal's fine ass. Best DC joint in a minute.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh yea and shoutout to ann wolfe
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally saw WW yesterday. Movie was dope af. Humor was added, but it didnt feel super forced like other comic book films. Chris Pine did an awesome job as Steve Trevor and Gal Gadot really surprised me, never thought she was that great of an actress but she pulled off wonder woman really well. Ares fight was somewhat disappointing, but i thought he atleast looked dope. Patty Jenkins did an amazing job with this film, makes me wonder what she would have done with Thor: The Dark World. Excited to hear that she is doing Wonder Woman 2. I hope she uses Cheetah as the main villain.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yea and shoutout to ann wolfe

Man I was tryin to figure out who that was.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Total numbers are in.

Wonder Woman Earns $103.1 Million At The Domestic Box Office

Deadline reports that Wonder Woman will conclude its opening weekend with a domestic gross of $103.1 million and beat Sunday projections. The film earned $29.7 million Sunday, down 16% from Saturdays $35.2 million intake, placing the films Sunday gross on par with Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Sunday, which was down 18%.

Now holding the title of best opening ever for a female director, Wonder Woman could retain the number one spot next weekend with projections for Universal’s The Mummy in the low $40 million range.

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Total numbers are in.

Deadline reports that Wonder Woman will conclude its opening weekend with a domestic gross of $103.1 million and beat Sunday projections. The film earned $29.7 million Sunday, down 16% from Saturdays $35.2 million intake, placing the films Sunday gross on par with Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Sunday, which was down 18%.

Now holding the title of best opening ever for a female director, Wonder Woman could retain the number one spot next weekend with projections for Universal’s The Mummy in the low $40 million range.

Haha damn! I remember sites saying the predictions were somewhere like 60million domestically. Surpassed that big time.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Im probably gonna see it again when it hits the 3 dollar theater here haha. Just to get one more theater experience before i buy the blu ray.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Total numbers are in.

Damn the mummy only projected to hit 40 mill? Thats crazy
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Total numbers are in.

? wack nobody wanted that ? to be rebooted, and definitely not with Tom Cruise who just plays himself in every movie. They just pushin that ? to get their shared monster universe off the ground.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I'm lookin forward to The Mummy.

Up next...Justice League.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best superhero file debuts...

Superhero Origin Solo Film (Year/# of Theaters) Opening Weekend Opening Weekend, Adjusted Total Worldwide Gross

Wonder Woman (2017/4,165) $103.1 million (estimated) $103.1 million $223 million (so far)
    Iron Man (2008/4,105) $98.6 million $111.67 million $585.2 million
    Doctor Strange (2016/3,882) $85.1 million $86.4 million $677.7 million
    Thor (2011/3,955) $65.7 million $71.23 million $449.3 million
    Captain America: TFA (2011/3,715) $65.1 million $70.51 million $370.6 million
    Hulk (2003/3,660) $62.1 million $82.6 million $245.4 million

The film surpassed every debut for solo superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, when adjusted for inflation, only the original Iron Man would also overtake Wonder Woman's strong debut.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulk is not part of the cinematic universe. It was not produced by Marvel Studios. The Incredible Hulk was.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The Mummy may surprise everyone with how good it could be
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Mummy looks stupid as ? . I'll just rewatch the Karloff one thank you very much.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Total numbers are in.

no one gives a ? about mummies or any of these universal monsters. didnt that dracula movie flop? like broddie said, youre better off watching the old classic movies.

maybe some ? will go see mummy thinking its the next mission impossible rofl
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have zero faith in justice league because you know....zach Snyder
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    As happy as I am for Gadot, I'm even happier for Jenkins finally getting her due. She directed Charlize to an Oscar and wrote one of my favorite movies of all time, then just went to do TV for years. Now she's top tier in Hollywood. Good for her.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    Total numbers are in.

? wack nobody wanted that ? to be rebooted, and definitely not with Tom Cruise who just plays himself in every movie. They just pushin that ? to get their shared monster universe off the ground.

nah man, Tom Cruise might not be the greatest actor but what he puts into his movies is admirable. He's top 5 in these action movies

and I don't think he's playing himself in movies. He's too out of it and typical scientologist in real life
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also thought it was lame that she killed Ares on her 1st shot after just finding out the extent of her powers. Not to mention Zeus didn't even ? him.

But maybe Zeus had mercy on him and thats why he didn't ? him.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ares thought he was a wizard from Harry Potter
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I slept through 90% of the movie. Gotta go back and see it again for the first time.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the ? of War gets killed by fighting... in the very first WW film no less

I also thought it was lame that she killed Ares on her 1st shot after just finding out the extent of her powers. Not to mention Zeus didn't even ? him.

But maybe Zeus had mercy on him and thats why he didn't ? him.

I'm just saying...

Killing the ? of War by fighting him is like fighting a water fountain with a water gun.