The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Brons series proves why they needed KD

How you gonna say a man putting up 35 8 5 on 55/45/90 don't deserve a ring?

He went point for point with LeBron in a close out game

NBA has always had super teams, the construction of them just change over time

There were up 3-1 without him last year. If bogut didn't get hurt the would have won.

I Just don't get the narrative that GSW needed KD to be the Cavs when they beat them before.

With kyrie and live hurt u willfully omitted that

Why would I need to say that..

Man, y'all ? are more mad than I am.. I'm a thunder fan and y'all in here ? like gsw wasn't going to win this year barring injuries.

What did y'all really expect to happen smh

Bruh how u gonna bring up the injuries for golden st losing and ignore the injuries Cleveland had the year before?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, it was some work out there in Columbus the time I went. Cincinnati had some ok broads lil part I went to
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Yea that KD stealing the ring ? needa quit. They won fair and square under the rules. A win is a win is a championship.

If these other organizations dont like it, do something about it to make yourself compete. This the new nba now. U dont just sit out and wait until the dynasty comes n goes someone is gonna have to go out there and take em out like every other dynasty.

As fans ? ....what were the Finals ratings again??

Nba isnt going back to the slow, old school game ever again so might as well get with it or just be mad n talk about the past.

Gsw the new champions n look like they will hold it down for a minute lets see what next great team comes together to stop them.

If KD did nothing wrong, then there is zero criticism to give Lebron for going to Miami. And Conversely.

I'm not going at you specifically, but ? to be consistent in these bball discussions.

100% agree n wish more ppl see it that way.

I had no issue with what lebron did going to miami. I was ready for him to leave ? ass cleveland. I think its a good thing that players have more control over their careers.

But i agree lots of hurt lbj fans are looking like hypocrites and moving goal posts the way lbj haters move goal posts every time lbj succeeds.
  • Go figure
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I don't see how LBJ going to Miami is the same.

Wade was getting bounced in the first round or missing the playoffs when shaq left and Bosh couldn't win either.

KD went to the team that set the record for wins with the back to back MVP.

If anything it set the precedent for other players to do the same.

The underlying theme is superstar leaves to join other superstars to win a ring. The other variables dont matter much after that.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wade was getting bounced in the first round or missing the playoffs when shaq left and Bosh couldn't win either.

The underlying theme is superstar leaves to join other superstars to win a ring. The other variables dont matter much after that.
    Wack.

Creating your OWN super team, and hopping on a super team that beat you ain't the same ? thing.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yea that KD stealing the ring ? needa quit. They won fair and square under the rules. A win is a win is a championship.

If these other organizations dont like it, do something about it to make yourself compete. This the new nba now. U dont just sit out and wait until the dynasty comes n goes someone is gonna have to go out there and take em out like every other dynasty.

Nba isnt going back to the slow, old school game ever again so might as well get with it or just be mad n talk about the past.

Gsw the new champions n look like they will hold it down for a minute lets see what next great team comes together to stop them.

If KD did nothing wrong, then there is zero criticism to give Lebron for going to Miami. And Conversely.

I'm not going at you specifically, but ? to be consistent in these bball discussions.

I had no issue with what lebron did going to miami. I was ready for him to leave ? ass cleveland. I think its a good thing that players have more control over their careers.

But i agree lots of hurt lbj fans are looking like hypocrites and moving goal posts the way lbj haters move goal posts every time lbj succeeds.

Ion think it's what kd did, it's who kd chose, kd goes to the spurs n we not having this convo I bet
  • Go figure
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

Wack.

Creating your OWN super team, and hopping on a super team that beat you ain't the same ? thing.

Never said it was the same. What i said was:

"superstar leaves to join other superstars to win a ring."

This applies to both of em.

Edit: the variables around it (creating super team vs joining established super team doesnt matter)
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo john B you lucky as ? infamous wasn't a mod back then lol
  • Go figure
    Options

Ion think it's what kd did, it's who kd chose, kd goes to the spurs n we not having this convo I bet

We'll never know...but i disagree. Any fans who dont benefit from these situations will ? n moan. Maybe wouldnt be as critical but if he went to spurs and won a ring u know damn well "he took the easy way out" would still be the played out argument as it was for lbj.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So for my folks that's been to Ohio is this true

Nah.Columbus,Oh had dimes,? poverty infested youngstown had some decent chicks too.Cedar Point had mad chicks

Cleveland full of assembly line working crystal ? heads and we was out there knockin ? heads off so I can't remember

See my pops did work in Cleveland and said that even though city ain't nothing to write home about the women were fine as hell. Mind you this was like 20-30 years ago though lol.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The NBA has turned into La Liga. Lol

Barca and Real Madrid. Spurs are Athletico Madrid.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @CJ
    @AcresShakers

How yall feel about this quote, thats a bit of a bold statement lol

"They are not unbeatable. There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster... We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive. We have something up our sleeve."

Lol probably smoke and mirrors
  • Go figure
    Options
    l4tiltgh5zn4.jpg

Super teams bad for the league?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We'll never know...but i disagree. Any fans who dont benefit from these situations will ? n moan. Maybe wouldnt be as critical but if he went to spurs and won a ring u know damn well "he took the easy way out" would still be the played out argument as it was for lbj.

Maybe for the folks who are casual or less, real fans would understand. As it is we understand, it's just some choose to let KD slide on the variables/semantics
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warriors should go for 74-8 next year
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe for the folks who are casual or less, real fans would understand. As it is we understand, it's just some choose to let KD slide on the variables/semantics

Exactly. If KD went anywhere else besides Cleveland or gsw this wouldn't be a conversation. Spurs ain't a super team they got exposed against Golden st ? lying now
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    while i understand wanting a ring...i do
    but what happened to being the best because YOU beat the best.

like someone else said.....? called from the parking lot after they loss.
    curry telling ? ....i'll give you the ball.

where is the competitive spirit?

this ? went to the only real threat to another ? title run.

i get the whole teams arent loyal ? ...
    but

i dont know.

honestly.....he gonna regret this ? in the long run....

this will forever come up in interviews in the future.

say what you want......but the ? will wear on anyone.

again...congratz

but (i feel) he damn near sold his soul for this ring.

KD did just beat the best

That man ain't going to regret ? !!

If KD wins another ring or 2 and leads the warriors just like he did for this one ain't nobody gonna bring that ? up at all. There will be another hot take to talk about.

People will always find a reason to talk down on a ? accomplishments.

I didn't like Bron going to miami with Wade and Bosh. I didn't like KD going to the warriors.

But I can't hate on either of them accomplishing their goals.

If a teams management ain't getting the job done and/or you not meshing well with the other best player on your team then WTF is the purpose of staying on said team?

tenor.gif

but the ? used the cheatcode.

there was a time where a man would be able to be the best but not have a chip.

he injected himself to the least amount of work possible team.

he stole the ring bruh.....

im not dissing the PGCounty area but that ? did a flash mob and overwhelmed the store security to steal the ring. he aint walk on some boss ? . them ? bumsrushed the door.

can you really respect that?

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    l4tiltgh5zn4.jpg

Super teams bad for the league?

It's the finals let me see the numbers on next year's regular season games
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    @CJ
    @AcresShakers

"They are not unbeatable. There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster... We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive. We have something up our sleeve."

We ain't beating them ?
    @CJ
    @AcresShakers

Lol probably smoke and mirrors

Did yall ? not read the quote!? We about to up our risk profile

Lol I dont even know exactly what that means