2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We might need to bring back Pablo Prigioni for so Cliff can sit behind him for a year or two until he gets a little more experience and learn the position....come off the bench in a 6th man role in the mean time
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, the knicks are willing to give draft picks to get ujiri. Smfh bruh.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »

you got another connect to the Colangelos b??

Nah, but, I do have knowledge that cp3 was strongly considering going where PG was gonna go. They been talking. So now that CP3 went to the Rockets, im sure PG will end up there too.

They both also wanted Boston, with Hayward, so maybe Hayward told them he wasnt going to Boston.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn........Javale McGee's sister Imani Boyette is fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8rzTZs-78o
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Doc rivers gon get fired eventually.. dont think he wants to steer the tank anyways lol

and wtf knicks you stay away from masai!
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    It's funny so many people are down on Frank Ntilikina. A lot of folks said the same stuff about Kristaps when he was drafted and the kid has so far turned out to be really good. Frank is a big point guard with long arms and good athletic ability that has started in a decent league overseas. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out better than all the people that the fans were clamoring the Knicks to pick instead of him.

If the Knicks could get Masai Ujiri that would be big. Tim Connelly from Denver is a guy who most haven't heard of that would an underrated steal if they could speak with him

I'm banning myself if he's better than Dennis Smith. This ain't like that for me at all though, I was the only ? here (I'm sure there was probably at least 1 or 2 others) that was LIT when Porzingas got drafted.

I watched that workout video and was blown away by.

I watched Frank's workout video and was enraged lol
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Lol my fault ya I responded to a post from like 3hrs ago.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    this is a backwards move for the rockets. Like I said before, harden is better with the ball in his hands. I smell disaster.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    I don't understand cp3 to the rockets though.

Question; is Cp3 doing a siign and trade or is he gonna just opt in to the final year of his deal? If it's the latter....

Melo,Cp3,LeBron in NY?!? Idk b lmao, it's possible.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

I didn't go back and read so I don't know if this was posted
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I can see cp3 fighting harden after a hard loss when hes depressed and sees harden at the strip club

Bouncers gonna be like sorry harden cp3 told us not to let you in lol now go home and look at some film lol
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CP3 shoulda went back to NO. Would be perfect for him.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    I don't understand cp3 to the rockets though.

Question; is Cp3 doing a siign and trade or is he gonna just opt in to the final year of his deal? If it's the latter....

Melo,Cp3,LeBron in NY?!? Idk b lmao, it's possible.

Nah rockets will have his bird rights so they can give him 205 mil next summer

Rockets issue was defense so they traded their best back court defender for chris paul who been declining on defense for the last 2 years.Paul should of went to the spurs
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What intrigues me the most about this move is how we implement Chris Paul's mid range game into our offense....you dont trade for a player with one of the best mid range games in the league without any plans to utilize it

I think this really going to help diversify our offense and keep it from being so predictable and make it much more efficient expecially in late game situations

Going to be interesting to see how it works out
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doc rivers gon get fired eventually.. dont think he wants to steer the tank anyways lol

and wtf knicks you stay away from masai!

Hell yea. Read about balmer at microsoft. Dude is ruthless
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kawhi >>> Harden

CP3 gon learn when the playoffs come and Harden don't have anymore ? to give

Aldridge on the pick and pop w/ cp3 with kawhi on the wing...woulda been a scary sight...oh well
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What intrigues me the most about this move is how we implement Chris Paul's mid range game into our offense....you dont trade for a player with one of the best mid range games in the league without any plans to utilize it

I think this really going to help diversify our offense and keep it from being so predictable and make it much more efficient expecially in late game situations

Going to be interesting to see how it works out

Mid range game?!

He's on the rockets now man if it ain't a three it's a layup
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clips are ? if they do indeed give that injury prone albino the max
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    It's funny so many people are down on Frank Ntilikina. A lot of folks said the same stuff about Kristaps when he was drafted and the kid has so far turned out to be really good. Frank is a big point guard with long arms and good athletic ability that has started in a decent league overseas. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out better than all the people that the fans were clamoring the Knicks to pick instead of him.

If the Knicks could get Masai Ujiri that would be big. Tim Connelly from Denver is a guy who most haven't heard of that would an underrated steal if they could speak with him

I'm banning myself if he's better than Dennis Smith. This ain't like that for me at all though, I was the only ? here (I'm sure there was probably at least 1 or 2 others) that was LIT when Porzingas got drafted.

I watched that workout video and was blown away by.

I watched Frank's workout video and was enraged lol

Dennis Smith got drafted by a solid team with a great coach. Hopefully he doesn't fall into Rick Carlisle's dog house quickly. I see Ntilikina at the very least being a solid starter barring injuries while a guy like Dennis Smith could very well wash out quickly due to a numerous amount of things people are over looking about him.

1. Can and will he use his athletic ability to guard adequately
    2. His wingspan is the same as his height which isn't gonna help him defensively
    3. He can't guard multiple positions
    4. He is just a solid shooter at best right now.
    5. with his lack of wingspan his finishing at the rim might not be as good as it was in the NCAA

I honestly think Smith fell to a good spot because of the coaching aspect but Rick has been known to have a short leash with rookies. I'm not saying Ntilikina is a better player but I feel at the very least barring injuries he will have a long career in the league due to him being able to guard and play multiple positions right out of the gate. Both are young and will hopefully get better but I'm always leery of the super athletic, small wingspan, scoring guard types. Everybody in the NBA is either super athletes or have crazy wingspans so surviving off of just being athletic doesn't usual cut it. Unless you have a crazy mix of athletic ability and size
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where millsap going?

Damn it's about to be the Schroder-Anderson show