2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do they determine who plays in these games? Besides the rookies....cause I see Joe Young out here on Indiana, but aint this his third year comin up?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doesn't draft well, doesn't make successful trades, overpays for bums, yet somehow....
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Kinda wish we woulda grabbed Isaac...he might be straight
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Cousins,Pg and Jimmy were all traded in the last 4 months.No excuses for ainge not getting one of these players he has more assets than any gm in the league.

If they get hayward alone that's still not enough to beat the cavs they needed 2 pieces.And the real reason hayward is the c's priority cuz he's white and can be sold to the racist fan base in boston he is not a better overall player than jimmy or pg.

Or w 3 potiential lotto picks coming up. You say f it..let the west beat each other up for a few seasons then you take over for the future..

You have no idea what the nets will do in fa they may put together a team that can get the 8 seed

Greak Freak 22 years old.Sixers have a young trio who are all better than any young player on the c's taking over the future isn't guaranteed.

1. I did say "potential"

2. And since we are talking hypothetical the greek freak may not turn into anything and the nets may not do enough n the Cs could draft youngins that turn out better than what the sixers have...

The Greek Freak is already a top ten NBA player? What are you talking about?

Celtics front office continues to not do ? .

Bruh..i know i havent watch the nba as much..but i know this ? aint true....stop it.

Name ten players in the league that are better than Giannis now and have his upside?

How you gonna' argue player value when admitting to not watching the NBA?

Ok let me say this clear cause apparently its over ? head.

Im not arguing his value. Im saying for all he is now..he could also become tracy mcgrady, melo, d.howard..the point....he can also become a player that doesnt lead u to a championship..

Never said he wasnt better than anything the Cs have now...

And dont change the narrative. You said top 10 player now...i took that as including vets..not 10 top up n coming player....that makes a big difference and nothing i was arguing from the get go.

Further leading me to say..no need for Danny Ainge to start thinking all is lost cause he cant build a team to contend now.

When potentially you can also build one that contends in the future..

Nah, that's not what you said. In fact you doubled down
    Bruh..i know i havent watch the nba as much..but i know this ? aint true....stop it.
    and now you're backpeddling. You're projecting right now.

Greek Freak is a top ten player now!!!

Trying to play me out on some remedial-homer ? because I don't ? with a front office that keeps talking big ? they won't back up is silly.

Moreover, you said that you don't watch the NBA. So?

1. Lebron
    2. kd
    3. Curry
    4. AD
    5. Kyrie
    6. Russell
    7. Harden
    8. cousins
    9. pg
    10. Kwahi L.

Wall even.....I.T. possible as well

No particular order...and i said AS MUCH. U quoted it right there for yourself

No back pedaling needed. I know what i mean n what my point was. Hell if i care if ? didnt get it. N i spelled it out again.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2017 - 2018 All Star Game Final Score

West 195
    East 158
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? I forgot about marshon brooks

Damn where he at?
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cousins,Pg and Jimmy were all traded in the last 4 months.No excuses for ainge not getting one of these players he has more assets than any gm in the league.

If they get hayward alone that's still not enough to beat the cavs they needed 2 pieces.And the real reason hayward is the c's priority cuz he's white and can be sold to the racist fan base in boston he is not a better overall player than jimmy or pg.

Or w 3 potiential lotto picks coming up. You say f it..let the west beat each other up for a few seasons then you take over for the future..

You have no idea what the nets will do in fa they may put together a team that can get the 8 seed

Greak Freak 22 years old.Sixers have a young trio who are all better than any young player on the c's taking over the future isn't guaranteed.

1. I did say "potential"

2. And since we are talking hypothetical the greek freak may not turn into anything and the nets may not do enough n the Cs could draft youngins that turn out better than what the sixers have...

Name ten players in the league that are better than Giannis now and have his upside?

Im not arguing his value. Im saying for all he is now..he could also become tracy mcgrady, melo, d.howard..the point....he can also become a player that doesnt lead u to a championship..

And dont change the narrative. You said top 10 player now...i took that as including vets..not 10 top up n coming player....that makes a big difference and nothing i was arguing from the get go.

Further leading me to say..no need for Danny Ainge to start thinking all is lost cause he cant build a team to contend now.

Trying to play me out on some remedial-homer ? because I don't ? with a front office that keeps talking big ? they won't back up is silly.

1. Lebron
    2. kd
    3. Curry
    4. AD
    5. Kyrie
    6. Russell
    7. Harden
    8. cousins
    9. pg
    10. Kwahi L.

No back pedaling needed. I know what i mean n what my point was. Hell if i care if ? didnt get it. N i spelled it out again.

My guy that was never implicit or explicit in your original post. You keep trying to gaslight me like I didn't read exactly what you said and adapting your narrative to fit your argument.

It's cool, but we aren't going to agree here.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U know espn mad pg on okc now
  • (Nope)
    Options
    Doesn't draft well, doesn't make successful trades, overpays for bums, yet somehow....

Don't be obtuse. Argue specific instances.

You can't find me ? on Horford, but is Horford a star caliber talent?

We gonna' credit Ainge for lucking out on IT? If so, cool! But does IT want to stay on a team that is either unable to acquire talent or still sees itself as rebuilding after carrying said team to a #1 seed?

If all of Ainge's moves don't directly net The Celtics star level talent soon, then he has failed miserably. And it's unlikely that we will see another year anytime soon with this many marquis players bouncing around.

• (Nope)
    Options
    In its clear indy didnt want to trade w Ainge....im not sayin Ainge shouldnt catch any flack..but if he smart..he is not dead in the water like some of these franchises are now

Yeah which speaks to a need to replace Ainge.

Other GMs are not ? with Ainge and that's a problem.

Stop..replace ainge for what?? If other GMs aint ? w Ainge its cause he out smarted the nets GM

that aint Ainge's fault....

He still got lotto picks..how can u be mad at that..

What u want to be the knicks right now?? Or cleveland who is letting lebron control everything...

I would love to be Cleveland.

Are you crazy?

Sac or LA picks might be valuable, but the East is trash now, so that Brooklyn pic isn't a given. Ainge's draft history is terrible. He ? about high character guys, then covets Berry Brozier. Somehow, people keep buying the spin?

He was gifted Garnett by a friend and fleeced an incompetent Brooklyn GM for assets that are steadily losing value. League sources have been quoted as saying they have a different asking price for the Celtics because we have so many assets. But, this ? miser/Mormon Ainge keeps trading for assets. You never have to hold him accountable if he just continues that cycle.

If Tatum doesn't end up being a star and Fultz ? out then what?

We just gonna' rely on the potential that those picks might be good?

I was all in for a rebuild, but an NBA Championship is rare and you need to strike while the iron is hot. That's what GS did and that's what Cleveland did.

But, maybe Denver will trade us Mason Plumlee for a 1st in 2022 to sure up our rebounding?

U want to be cleveland w lebron walking soon. And Kyrie leaving when bron leaves....only having one ring..cuz they aint beating GS next season

bruh..calm down. U acting like a emotional fan right now....

LOLOLOLOL at this ? ...

Didn't realize it wasn't cool to be a fan on the cheapseats.

The Cavs are in a much better position for a title than we are by virtue of having Lebron.

There isn't a player in the league that wouldn't go to the Cavs if given the opportunity.

As long as he's there, that door is open for a championship.
  • ghost!
    Options
    In its clear indy didnt want to trade w Ainge....im not sayin Ainge shouldnt catch any flack..but if he smart..he is not dead in the water like some of these franchises are now

Stop..replace ainge for what?? If other GMs aint ? w Ainge its cause he out smarted the nets GM

What u want to be the knicks right now?? Or cleveland who is letting lebron control everything...

Are you crazy?

Sac or LA picks might be valuable, but the East is trash now, so that Brooklyn pic isn't a given. Ainge's draft history is terrible. He ? about high character guys, then covets Berry Brozier. Somehow, people keep buying the spin?

He was gifted Garnett by a friend and fleeced an incompetent Brooklyn GM for assets that are steadily losing value. League sources have been quoted as saying they have a different asking price for the Celtics because we have so many assets. But, this ? miser/Mormon Ainge keeps trading for assets. You never have to hold him accountable if he just continues that cycle.

I was all in for a rebuild, but an NBA Championship is rare and you need to strike while the iron is hot. That's what GS did and that's what Cleveland did.

But, maybe Denver will trade us Mason Plumlee for a 1st in 2022 to sure up our rebounding?

U want to be cleveland w lebron walking soon. And Kyrie leaving when bron leaves....only having one ring..cuz they aint beating GS next season

LOLOLOLOL at this ? ...

The Cavs are in a much better position for a title than we are by virtue of having Lebron.

There isn't a player in the league that wouldn't go to the Cavs if given the opportunity.

Just cause you are being a fan, doesnt mean you arent being an emotional one. Fan/fanatic/Fanaticism....

I think it was pretty clear who the number 1 team in the east was the day Lebron said he was going back to cleveland...i think its pretty clear also who won n who is winning the nba championship next year.

Cs arent in any of those scenarios, on top of the fact indy was never gonna trade PG to boston unless Ainge turned into Billy King n gave up everything 4 a rental player

Also guess who wont be ? once LBJ leaves in the near future...

And ahh u must of forgot Jimmy bulter didnt want to go to that said team...

Emmm why is that? Since "i dont watch the nba" according to you. You tell me...
  • its....JOHN B
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lol at replace Ainge stop bruh

Marc Gasol isn't walking through that door.

This cult of personality ? around Ainge is disgusting. He isn't untouchable.

Explain in detail how Ainge is ? up...

I'm not running this ? down again. Read the thread and rate his draft picks over the past 10 years.

Again? When did you run anything down? And what does his draft picks 10 years ago (the year he turned the Celtics into a championship squad) have to do with this summer? Last I checked we started this rebuild after the 12-13 season and by 16-17 we are in the ecf so how in the ? is Ainge the problem?

GM's don't draft players?

Peep the star power and sheer talent!

2007 Jeff Green
    2008 JR Giddens
    None
    2010 Avery Bradley
    2011 MarShon Brooks
    2012 Jared Sullinger
    2012 Fab Melo (RIP)
    2014 Marcus Smart
    2014 James Young
    2015 Terry Rozier
    2015 RJ Hunter
    2016 Jaylen Brown (The only possible exception to a bunch of incomplete role players.)

Now Ainge is continuing to trade for assets that are losing value because we have them in excess and he is unable to complete a trade for a star. Which is--in theory--what one hopes an asset will become.

If Ainge cant get stars to the team, then he needs to go. Getting a gift from McHale (who is no longer in a position to do that) and fleecing Billy King were solid opportunistic moves, but not an indication of a great gm.

I'd like for you and Ghost to describe for me in detail how Ainge has made Boston a desirable destination for trades and free agents?

Why is a team on the cusp (1 seed) talking about big trades that fall apart, but you guys are talking about building through the draft?

It doesn't make sense to me and aside from politics where else do we accept this level of ? ?

I'm not trying to change minds, but I'm not on that homer ? . Ainge needs to adapt (yesterday) or get the ? out.

Wack casual fan with an agenda post, but if you really want to do this we can do this

-Jeff Green got flipped for Ray Allen
    -JR Gidden was the 30th pick in the draft
    -Avery was a slam dunk at 19, if not tell me who he should have picked
    -Brooks 25th pick, ? shoot
    -Sully/Fab bad draft but understood the Sully pick and he did put together a decent couple years as a starter (4th seed), could of went with Draymond but didn't miss out on anything other than that
    -Smart slam dunk, Young should of stayed in college
    -Rozier at 16 slam dunk, if not tell me who we should have taken
    -Jaylen Brown/Tatum we'll see

Now you're talking about draft picks for 10 years when I'm asking where did Ainge ? up this summer? Tell me which trade we should have made, how getting fleeced for Paul George is going to help us now or in the long run? And why a team that just made the ecf but is still drafting in the top 3 such a horrible thing, you don't give all that up if it's not making you a contender
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Lol at replace Ainge stop bruh

Marc Gasol isn't walking through that door.

This cult of personality ? around Ainge is disgusting. He isn't untouchable.

Explain in detail how Ainge is ? up...

I'm not running this ? down again. Read the thread and rate his draft picks over the past 10 years.

Again? When did you run anything down? And what does his draft picks 10 years ago (the year he turned the Celtics into a championship squad) have to do with this summer? Last I checked we started this rebuild after the 12-13 season and by 16-17 we are in the ecf so how in the ? is Ainge the problem?

I'd like for you and Ghost to describe for me in detail how Ainge has made Boston a desirable destination for trades and free agents?

At this point you're just going to blame Ainge for everything
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ntlinka playing today?
  • (Nope)
    edited July 2017
    Options

Are you crazy?

LOLOLOLOL at this ? ...

Just cause you are being a fan, doesnt mean you arent being an emotional one. Fan/fanatic/Fanaticism....

I think it was pretty clear who the number 1 team in the east was the day Lebron said he was going back to cleveland...i think its pretty clear also who won n who is winning the nba championship next year.

Cs arent in any of those scenarios, on top of the fact indy was never gonna trade PG to boston unless Ainge turned into Billy King n gave up everything 4 a rental player

Also guess who wont be ? once LBJ leaves in the near future...

And ahh u must of forgot Jimmy bulter didnt want to go to that said team...

Emmm why is that? Since "i dont watch the nba" according to you. You tell me...

Yeah' I'm aware and I understand you, but you're arguing against something that you said my guy. It's a little silly.

But I'll rehash what I've already said, as long as Lebron is in Cleveland, they will be a contender for titles as well as any star player on the market.

I just don't have that hometown enthusiasm for a front office that keeps 'puffing up' to sell us the same ? over and over again.

I'm a fan of the Celtics, I'm not a fan of Ainge.
  • ghost!
    Options

1. I did say "potential"

1. Lebron
    2. kd
    3. Curry
    4. AD
    5. Kyrie
    6. Russell
    7. Harden
    8. cousins
    9. pg
    10. Kwahi L.

My guy that was never implicit or explicit in your original post. You keep trying to gaslight me like I didn't read exactly what you said and adapting your narrative to fit your argument.

It's cool, but we aren't going to agree here.

How what i said originally any diff? And top 10 is top 10...idk man

• its....JOHN B
    Options

Don't be obtuse. Argue specific instances.

You can't find me ? on Horford, but is Horford a star caliber talent?

We gonna' credit Ainge for lucking out on IT? If so, cool! But does IT want to stay on a team that is either unable to acquire talent or still sees itself as rebuilding after carrying said team to a #1 seed?

If all of Ainge's moves don't directly net The Celtics star level talent soon, then he has failed miserably. And it's unlikely that we will see another year anytime soon with this many marquis players bouncing around.

Nah bruh, you're worse than these short sighted racist cacs that call in to the radio station that just want stars by any means necessary no matter who it is or what being giving up, if Hayward don't come here that's not Ainge's fault, these teams want to fleece us like we're the ones in desperation mode that's not Ainge's fault, Hayward/George would of been a best case scenario and now you're talking about a team that truly contend, but that ? was highly unlikely the whole time you and all these other bozo's got your hopes up and now you're pointing fingers at the wrong person