Destroy & Rebuild has to be one of the most vicious diss songs ever

Options
124»

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Prodigy. Like I said months ago in this thread the song was wack attempt on defaming P. All of Queensbridge and the rest of New York had spoken and co signed him when the packed his funeral. He has been the GOAT, still the GOAT, and will always be GOAT. Nas and Jay Z should feel guilty for rest of their careers for trying to deflect their fear of everything TUPAC and DEATH ROW onto the ONLY SOLDIER that stood up for NY against the West. I am grateful that I recognized Prodigy greatness before his death. Peace Be Upon you Prodigy!!!!!!!
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    I remember I bought Stillmatic the first week it came out. My CD cracked a few months later and I wasn't even mad cause I already knew from reading online the pressing wasn't gonna have that wack "Braveheart Party" ? on it. I remember Mary J wanted it off for "personal reasons" aka ? was trash and she didn't clear it.
    I remember I bought Stillmatic the first week it came out. My CD cracked a few months later and I wasn't even mad cause I already knew from reading online the pressing wasn't gonna have that wack "Braveheart Party" ? on it. I remember Mary J wanted it off for "personal reasons" aka ? was trash and she didn't clear it.

The reason she wanted it off was something about the jay beef
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Here's the OG version. Bought on release date

uv3hthzbtgxn.jpg

*sidenote* I never realized he had his daughter has the executive producer on this :joy:

Nas been on his legacy ?

#bars

? becomes clearer when you wipe down your mirror and leave notes around for yourself to remember.
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    RIP Prodigy. Like I said months ago in this thread the song was wack attempt on defaming P. All of Queensbridge and the rest of New York had spoken and co signed him when the packed his funeral. He has been the GOAT, still the GOAT, and will always be GOAT. Nas and Jay Z should feel guilty for rest of their careers for trying to deflect their fear of everything TUPAC and DEATH ROW onto the ONLY SOLDIER that stood up for NY against the West. I am grateful that I recognized Prodigy greatness before his death. Peace Be Upon you Prodigy!!!!!!!

Nas has done a lot for Mobb Deep. Nas liked Prodigy a lot. He and Havoc killed It Was written. Nas would never have put them all over on the album that was the most important in his career if he did not respect them. He made family with them. It was his family brother.

They squash their beef in the last. Because there was nothing. They made music at the end. Please let him rest in peace without hate.

And Nas sayin Prodigy wantin him to downfall is just Nas being misinformed about things, I think Nas grew up a bit after all. He was pretty suspect about everything back then. Can't blame him after his moma, his wife cheating on him and all this unloyal ? around him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFvRhfTyL4
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought my copy in 2005 when I was in high school
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    My favorite song on there was Rewind! <3<3<3

That whole album was fire but without a doubt my favorite song on there is "What Goes Around" That ? Nas was speaking facts all over that song.

Top 5 Favorite tracks on Stillmatic

1. What Goes Around
    2. You Da Man
    3. Ether
    4. The Flyest
    5. One Mic

No skippable tracks on that album without Braveheart Party of course. I got the CD without that song.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Here's the OG version. Bought on release date

uv3hthzbtgxn.jpg

*sidenote* I never realized he had his daughter has the executive producer on this :joy:

nope,the OG version has the bonus tracks:Every Ghetto,No Ideas Original,Everybody's Crazy

How the hell is there an OG'er version than the one sold on the release date?

i bought the album on release date,it has the bonus tracks,i'll try to post my copy at some point
  • jim1000
    Options
    Nas was lowkey hilarious during this period. Between this and his power 105 interview he had nonstop quotables.

Unfortunately I felt where Nas was coming from. My moms passed too around the same time and it didn't shock me that he spazzed out and flipped the ? out when hot 97 didn't let him perform at summer jam. I'm sure Nas wouldn't have gone after a lot of cats on power 105 had he been in the right state of mind. Dude was in that "I don't give a ? mode." It's like a piece of him died when his moms passed away. I definitely felt the same way and I had my moments too. And it's also probably the main reason why "? Son" is my personal favorite album from him.
  • jim1000
    Options
    Dogowner14 wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

Nas has done a lot for Mobb Deep. Nas liked Prodigy a lot. He and Havoc killed It Was written. Nas would never have put them all over on the album that was the most important in his career if he did not respect them. He made family with them. It was his family brother.

They squash their beef in the last. Because there was nothing. They made music at the end. Please let him rest in peace without hate.

And Nas sayin Prodigy wantin him to downfall is just Nas being misinformed about things, I think Nas grew up a bit after all. He was pretty suspect about everything back then. Can't blame him after his moma, his wife cheating on him and all this unloyal ? around him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFvRhfTyL4

His wife cheating on him?? My ? he never married Carmen. Also you are right about the Nas and Prodigy situation. It was just ? around them that was instigating ? to pit them against each other. Prodigy loved Nas and looked up to him. Even after "destroy and rebuild" you can see on many occasions where Prodigy would avoid dissing him Nas and pretty much gives him his props and say it was a misunderstanding.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stillmatic was much better than The Blueprint. What Nas did on that album was utterly amazing.

When they came out i preferred stillmatic..today I prefer Blueprint...aged better to me
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stillmatic was much better than The Blueprint. What Nas did on that album was utterly amazing.

When they came out i preferred stillmatic..today I prefer Blueprint...aged better to me

?

Out

Of

Here