Power Season 4 thread: June 25th(You will be banned for posting SPOILERS)

Options

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    So, this show never needs to be compared to The Wire ever again.

Compare this ? to General Hospital or a Telenovela, but not The Wire.

and get off the Wires ? btw.

Dope ep
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    this ? ghost forever getting extorted and working under some white dude... the dude who stole Truth from him, Milan in the dope game, Teresi in jail and now Simon in real estate.. im sure im forgetting somebody.. gotdam!
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sees police...........
    "I know you too well muthafucka"
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By far Theee Most
    un2nlsskz3g4.gif
    episode this season..Lawd
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost robbing Tommys stash house was the weirdest plot twist ever.

Julios death was over done.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was a dope episode but they TV'd the ? out of it.. Holly's uncle just standing there not trying to run or defend himself when tommy picked up the bat was bogus.. human nature would cause u to react somehow..

And even tho we saw it coming Kanan went so soft it didn't make sense.. aint no way after 10 years in the pen and battle to the death that left his body with 3rd degree burns he gone just have a change of heart like that.. aaaand ? Juke?? Nah..

How many times ghost say "come on Kay" smh.. butter him up like a ? and it worked lol
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was a good episode, they tied up the loose ends from last season. And now this season can start with new plot lines. ? a slow burn, I ? wit it.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not mad at episode , Julio scene was super dramatic !!
    Can't wait to see how Dre gets outta this based on the preview of Tommy confronting him.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? ass ? on my Facebook timeline spoiled.....
    Julio's death for me, so it made the episode meh to me. ? was all over the place, but Courtney Kemp's lil breakdown at the end of the show helped it make sense. Oh yeah I saw 50 goin soft comin from a mile away...
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

Dope ep

Huh?

so stop watching. its not for you. General Hospital? really?

The show plays out like a soap opera. That's the format.

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This episode is Feds and Angela free.

Tommy almost bought it from the Chicago Russian Mafia. I'm glad the writer killed his partner. It never made sense to me way the guy helped killed Milan would go through all that just to still be a number 2 when he was in that position already. Plus Tommy was never part of the Russian Mafia so it was weird to see him be so easily accepted. Tommy on the way back back to NYC stops by Holly's hometown Cleveland Ohio, and comforts her uncle who molested her since she was 9 years old. He deserved the death he got.

Lakeisha gets her weave shop back, but wants out. She is very upset with Tasha as she should be.

Tasha made a deal with David Stern and now Ghost's blackness is being used as a proxy for a real estate deal. This will get interesting.

I called it last week with Julio. Dre set him up. The dumbest thing Julio did was show his hand. He should have kept his mouth shut. Julio was whooping his former gang's ? , until his tendon got cut. Too bad he ended up losing. His former gang leader scalped his 718 tat off of his neck then stabbed him, and watch Julio die a slow death. You'll be missed Julio.

Kanan runs up on Ghost. You think he would have asked how he survived, but nah. Kanan turnt up on Ghost and made him rob his former partner's stash house. Kanan ends up killing one of them. Keep in mind two of the guys were still alive. When Tommy finds out about this, he's going to be ? , but considering from next's week preview, he'll know about Kanan, so Ghost might be alright, however the Chicago Russian Mafia made it clear to Tommy to wash his hands away from Ghost.

Surprise! Jukebox can actually sing. She was looking good in those tight pants as well. Kanan and Ghost arrive at the stash house where Tariq is. Kanan has a change of heart and gives Ghost a gun and tells him that Jukebox will ? his son and possibly Kanan as well. It ends up being a Mexican Standoff, and Jukebox pays too much attention to Ghost, and gets clapped by Kanan himself. At this point Kana could ? Ghost and his son right there but didn't. He takes the money and dips out. Yes Kanan is still alive. I guess 50 wants his character to live a little longer.

Next week Angela will find out about Mike killing Greg looking at the club tapes. Tommy runs up on Dre knowing about Kanan. Should be good.

Overall this episode was the best episode of the season so far.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who was comparing it to The Wire? I rock with Power, but it's not even close.
  • gemini86
    Options

Dope ep

Huh?

so stop watching. its not for you. General Hospital? really?

The show plays out like a soap opera. That's the format.

You're dickriding a show and trying to put another show down because of it. ? makes me want to point out the flaws in the wire. Season 5 was trash with the whole newspaper angle. Omar dying was anticlimactic as hell.

And you talking about soap opera? ? u can say the same thing about all shows. It's a soap opera for certain audiences
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good episode,man this ? Ghost be having EVERYBODY on him, Stern,Tasha,Kanan,Tariq,His connects.

Good character development for Tariq,he's gonna be such a savage,he thought he had a friend in Slim so to find out

that he was lying the whole time AND the fact that his dad was also lying...He'll have a hard time trusting anyone and

become a paranoid sociopath.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    lol at Ghost's ? expressions in this episode, especially when he said Jukebox
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmm i wonder why there is a disclaimer for spoilers in the thread title
  • gemini86
    Options
    ? Dre B

yea Dre has to go. he was one of my favorite characters.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this is heading towards Ghost having to choose between killing Tommy and Kanan.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally got these kids out my house....tuning in now
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with the episode. It was nice to get a glimpse of how Ghost and Kanan got down back in the day since that's something we've never seen.

Tariq's mental is all ? up. He'll never trust another adult again.
    RIP Julio. I actually thought he was getting out of that ? for a second. Overall I wasn't all that upset since he was depicted petty ? made this season
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    good episode,man this ? Ghost be having EVERYBODY on him, Stern,Tasha,Kanan,Tariq,His connects.

Good character development for Tariq,he's gonna be such a savage,he thought he had a friend in Slim so to find out

that he was lying the whole time AND the fact that his dad was also lying...He'll have a hard time trusting anyone and

become a paranoid sociopath.
    bqj5tpg18q6c.gif

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea this show got 1 more season....? is just ridiculous now....