IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Options

Comments

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did squats yesterday for the first time since hurting my lower back, didn't use any weight and I am surprised today at how much pain I can feel, not as much as with weights but pretty ? close! gonna keep it going with no wight and when I do go back the weighted squats I will not be going too heavy (not that I went crazy with the weight anyways)

Do front squats instead of back squats and just do hacksquats, leg press and seated leg curls for your hamstrings
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did squats yesterday for the first time since hurting my lower back, didn't use any weight and I am surprised today at how much pain I can feel, not as much as with weights but pretty ? close! gonna keep it going with no wight and when I do go back the weighted squats I will not be going too heavy (not that I went crazy with the weight anyways)

Do you put your pelvis forward in order to have an abdominal lock ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »

Do front squats instead of back squats and just do hacksquats, leg press and seated leg curls for your hamstrings

Weighted lunges too
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deep Muscle pull in chest..(dont know how)

elbow tendonitis is annoying as ? (took the week off ? aint help a bit)

lower back soreness also sucks but it really isnt constant or debilitating
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    First week of 2 a days almost complete. Got one more session to go in 8 hours. Actually been getting sore again, glad i got these 2 rest days coming up
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    First week of 2 a days almost complete. Got one more session to go in 8 hours. Actually been getting sore again, glad i got these 2 rest days coming up

I be feeling like King Kong when I do two-a-days bruh haha

Can't nobody tell me ? !!!

*rips desk off wall*
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Im hoping to feel like King Kong after next week. Its nice having 2 different routines every day. Hitting literally every ? muscle lol. At 5pm there are so many sexy chicks at the gym. Once they see me making hella gains they will all pounce upon the ?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Im starting to love mondays at the gym. I woke up feeling refreshed AF at 4am. No soreness at all after last weeks 2 a days. Hit new personal records on Squats, Bench, dumbbell curls, and Seated Military shoulder press this morning. Knocked out my entire morning lift routine in 40 minutes. Didnt take pre workout or anything, just some coffee w/ heavy cream and coconut oil. Got to work, ate like 6 strips of bacon, 2 babybel cheeses and 3 hard boiled eggs and still feel pumped. Cant wait till work is over so i can go back.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't doing anything with my gi bill, so I just signed up for a 6 month hands on NASM personal training course. Start Monday, best case scenario I'll be able to get into a new career, worst case I'll learn a lot about something I love doing and will be able to make a some easy side money, and just keep doing what Im already doing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You dumb mother ? aint warming up or stretching.

Too many gotdamn injuries going on.

The ? is this ? ?

Stop ego lifting n people watching and ? focus..

Gotdamn.

Just discovered foam rolling too, highly underrated, I feel cheated by just now discovering this.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Im starting to love mondays at the gym. I woke up feeling refreshed AF at 4am. No soreness at all after last weeks 2 a days. Hit new personal records on Squats, Bench, dumbbell curls, and Seated Military shoulder press this morning. Knocked out my entire morning lift routine in 40 minutes. Didnt take pre workout or anything, just some coffee w/ heavy cream and coconut oil. Got to work, ate like 6 strips of bacon, 2 babybel cheeses and 3 hard boiled eggs and still feel pumped. Cant wait till work is over so i can go back.

Thats why the facts thread lackin
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    How ? dare you. The facts thread is swole as i am
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you put your pelvis forward in order to have an abdominal lock ?

Not that I am aware of I think form could be improved tho this is why I am starting all over with no wights that injury was my body warning me to fix my weaknesses, plus gonna get somebody to film me so I can get a better view for improvements. plus more glute training and planks will be added to my workouts.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    The recent bodybuilders death have been a good wake up call.

Its all about HEALTH. Whatever we do, however we train for whatever purpose, we have to take in consideration ower daily, near and far future health.

Like i have said before A PLAN IS A GOOD ONE AS LONG AS ITS SUSTAINABLE!!!

Anorexia is a ?
    Bigorexia is a ?

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My lower back randomly started hurting a couple days ago. not even sure why since I've been too busy with work to go to the gym for a few days. annoying as hell though, and now I don't wanna aggravate it any more by working out
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    My lower back randomly started hurting a couple days ago. not even sure why since I've been too busy with work to go to the gym for a few days. annoying as hell though, and now I don't wanna aggravate it any more by working out

? aside get that checked out.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    My back only hurts in the AM's now. I dont do Bent over barbell rows, but i do a lot of other back exercises just fine. Im gonna have a back like a ? cobra.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Old age
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Dear ICers DONT UNDERLOOK MOBILITY EXERCISES, GOOD FORM WHEN PERFORMING.

even if is at the cost of your PRs, speed or whatever.

It suck to have to leave fitness/ sport because of these type of pain.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Old age

Naw man my boy Timbuck2 had lower back pain outta nowhere and avoided it at 34 and it turned out to be stage 3 cancer..
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    ? ? brought Biscuits and gravy into the office this morning and left the crockpot on my desk. Smells so ? good but i aint trying to eat the poison. But i might. Dont know yet. I still got a afternoon session today so maybe i can work it off..
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i've actually been tracking ALL of my food using myfitnesspal for the past 7 days. I think im eating too many carbs

i havent had lunch yet, but my % over the past week is as follows

Carbs 44%
    Fats 35%
    Protein 21%

what ya'll think?

trying to get more muscle

im doing primarily bodyweight exercises with some KB's sprinkled in