Options

Comments

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    U should be popped in ya mouth for that lol

What seperates DMX from 50 and Ja lyrically?
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ya'll should be more thankful to X.

He single handedly deaded that shiny suit era ?

X has done a lot of good ? and made classic material but thats not the thread

Jay>DMX
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it wouldnt surprise me. the tour was pretty much a def jam tour, and how would it look if the artists were supporting and co-signing non def jam artists on it?

dont get me wrong, im not saying that jay and x dont respect each others skills or anything, because they both have stated numerous times that they do, im just saying it would have been bad business to let rappers hype up rival labels star artists on a huge tour like that.

yeah i guess so, but dmx doesnt seem like the type to conform and say something that he was told to by a label....plus have you seen the video? im trying to find it but it somewhere in that hard knock tour documentary on youtube and theres like 8 videos, it just seemed like a casual question with a casual response

either way that documentary is so ? dope ive watched it a few times
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

You just gotta go listen to his unreleased stuff and all his freestyles b4 he was famous to see the difference between DMX and 50/Ja rule

Not even close
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    X has done a lot of good ? and made classic material but thats not the thread

Jay>DMX

Well thats your opinion dawg so I aint got no problem with that. But Im just kinda ticked off how some folks on this thread think DMX is/was a joke u know what I mean.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You just gotta go listen to his unreleased stuff and all his freestyles b4 he was famous to see the difference between DMX and 50/Ja rule

Not even close

So the difference between those three artists lyrically is so thin that one has to go beyond listening to DMX's six albums, 50's five albums, and Ja's six albums? If there was such a distance between DMX and 50/Ja lyrically, it should be apparent in the material on his albums.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yeah i guess so, but dmx doesnt seem like the type to conform and say something that he was told to by a label....plus have you seen the video? im trying to find it but it somewhere in that hard knock tour documentary on youtube and theres like 8 videos, it just seemed like a casual question with a casual response

either way that documentary is so ? dope ive watched it a few times

yeah, i used to own the backstage documentary on vhs, that ? is classic. ? and red, jay and rocafella, dmx and ruff ryders, i just wish i would have seen the tour live. you really cant beat that line up.
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So the difference between those three artists lyrically is so thin that one has to go beyond listening to DMX's six albums, 50's five albums, and Ja's six albums? If there was such a distance between DMX and 50/Ja lyrically, it should be apparent in the material on his albums.

LOL Theres a big difference between them man
  • Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    everybody hates on ja rule, hate me or not but he wasn't that bad as people made him out to be.
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    everybody hates on ja rule, hate me or not but he wasn't that bad as people made him out to be.

That is true
  • Calii Comfort
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That is true

hands down ja rule is the most band wagon mc, i'll never understand what made him the worst rapper there were so many other rappers who did what he did.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt>>>>>
  • piffhuxtable
    piffhuxtable Members Posts: 169
    edited January 2011
    Options
    U should be popped in ya mouth for that lol

I'd say its a safe assertion to say DMX is the caliber of 50 cent and Ja Rule lyrically he's really that low level. Sorry, X was never a lyrical monster.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd say its a safe assertion to say DMX is the caliber of 50 cent and Ja Rule lyrically he's really that low level. Sorry, X was never a lyrical monster.

I don't have horse in this race but you can't possibly be serious with such a statement and not put Jayz in the category. The bias some of you have is just unbelievable. And for no apparent or coherent reasoning to boot.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

id x down wit ja too, but a step over 50..

the X addicts are overrating him!!
  • Scholar Jaw
    Scholar Jaw Members Posts: 498
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sadly I agree with the T/S :(

DMX>>>>Jay
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Everything that DMX is better then Jay at he is also better then 99.9 percent of rappers at as well... so I seen a ? say can jay make a song like slippin... lls what rapper can???????????? I'll wait...
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    I don't have horse in this race but you can't possibly be serious with such a statement and not put Jayz in the category. The bias some of you have is just unbelievable. And for no apparent or coherent reasoning to boot.

Look who's talking smh
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    98-00 DMX = 03-05 50 Cent
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Cosign, DMX has always been better than JayZ. I thought this was common knowledge.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Cosign, DMX has always been better than JayZ. I thought this was common knowledge.

so hes still better?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

if it was common knowledge you wouldn't have to make a thread to convince yourself
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cs thread title to hell and back again

its dark and hot there
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If it wasnt for DMX there woiuldnt be the Jay Z that you have now. Like Cam said. when did NY start bouncing?

DMX is the rapper Jay Z always wanted to be. He sold his soul in 1998 to be just like DMX. Jay Z went from shiny suits on Vol 1 to baggy jeans, boots and low fade trying to emulate DMX on Vol 2. Jay Z went from making music with Ski and Premier to riding Swizz and Dame Grease ? . X had all the grimy ? down with RR so Jay Z stopped ? with allure and christon and put bleek and beans on for street cred. X was the first 100 million dollar man for Def Jam and saved the whole roster and upper managment thier jobs. read up on it. Russell was about to sell Def Jam to BMG/Zomba after that Phenoenom flop
  • Calii Comfort
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    If it wasnt for DMX there woiuldnt be the Jay Z that you have now. Like Cam said. when did NY start bouncing?

DMX is the rapper Jay Z always wanted to be. He sold his soul in 1998 to be just like DMX. Jay Z went from shiny suits on Vol 1 to baggy jeans, boots and low fade trying to emulate DMX on Vol 2. Jay Z went from making music with Ski and Premier to riding Swizz and Dame Grease ? . X had all the grimy ? down with RR so Jay Z stopped ? with allure and christon and put bleek and beans on for street cred. X was the first 100 million dollar man for Def Jam and saved the whole roster and upper managment thier jobs. read up on it. Russell was about to sell Def Jam to BMG/Zomba after that Phenoenom flop

agree if you listen to jay real close he tries to flow like dmx