Options

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Is that true?

yes. he wouldnt go because he felt the grammys was disrespecting dmx and hip hop as a whole by not even broadcasting their awards on the air
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yes. he wouldnt go because he felt the grammys was disrespecting dmx and hip hop as a whole by not even broadcasting their awards on the air

Oh I know about that but u specifically said becuz of X and his accomplishments
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you act like dmx was the first and only ? to wear chain,jerseys, and baggy clothes.
    sometimes you be making some good points but most of the time you make yourself look stupid

then explain why jay z went from making music with ski and premo in 1997 to ? with swizz and dame grease in 1998 after DMX.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what song jay-z do with dame grease
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And again lemme repost:

JAY-Z SAYS RAPPER DMX IS THE REASON HE STEPPED HIS TOURING SKILLS UP

http://sickhop.com/2010/04/11/jay-z-...ing-skills-up/

In a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, rapper Jay-Z mentioned that DMX’s stage performances inspired him. The mogul used to watch DMX and other artists’ shows to learn how to become a better performer.

“In hip-hop, there’s not many great performers,” Jay said in an interview. “I look outside the genre, measuring myself against others. I look at Madonna’s production and envy that. Daft Punk’s set…ll my early years? Forget it. I was a horrible performer. DMX tore me to pieces. I remember being stunned. [DMX] had me really working. But I had to figure this out. If you want to be a headliner, you better put on a headline show.”
    He’s not lying, he was definitely “tore to pieces”! When DMX was in his prime, he gave the best shows money could buy. I remember leaving the Ruff Ryders/Cash Money Tour saying to myself, ‘DMX is the best performer ever’. X had that kind of effect on me, pause. Lol!

Jay Z owes alot to DMX
  • Already Home_17
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Oh I know about that but u specifically said becuz of X and his accomplishments

he said the grammys was disrespecting hip hop
    he used the fact x not getting a grammy nod to prove his point
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    he said the grammys was disrespecting hip hop
    he used the fact x not getting a grammy nod to prove his point

Oh ok I get u
  • Already Home_17
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    then explain why jay z went from making music with ski and premo in 1997 to ? with swizz and dame grease in 1998 after DMX.

he worked with premo till 99
    and simple. swizz beats was hot back then.his beats was sick. he was the new producer that rappers wanted to ? with. thats how it works with every producer that gets hot
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ol loud ass kiwi fruit suit almost burned a hole in my computer screen. how he go from this mo money mo problems knock off to this
    this ? wanna be dmx so bad. the chain, the jerseys, the baggy clothes. smmfh

Lls ? is u serious?? We all know he did the shiny suit ? in sunshine but was that the theme of the album?? Was he rocking that in other videos?? U reaching with thid Dehaven smh jerseys?? Really so he never wore jerseys b4 money cash hoes huh??
  • imalreadydagoat504
    imalreadydagoat504 Members Posts: 129
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol at nikkaz actin like the songs on vol.1 wasnt harder then the songs on vol.2, vol.1 was his last gangster album until american gangster

streets is watching
    you must love
    where im from
    friend or foe
    lucky me

these wasnt shiny suit songs

and u act like jay wasnt cool wit x and his producers before x blew up(murda ink)

but take away all the playing away, yall overrating x in here crazy, but wit all that said he is top 10, he aint seeing nas or jay imo just because he wasnt consistent but he can be argued at any other spot
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol at nikkaz actin like the songs on vol.1 wasnt harder then the songs on vol.2, vol.1 was his last gangster album until american gangster

streets is watching
    you must love
    where im from
    friend or foe
    lucky me

these wasnt shiny suit songs

and u act like jay wasnt cool wit x and his producers before x blew up(murda ink)

but take away all the playing away, yall overrating x in here crazy, but wit all that said he is top 10, he aint seeing nas or jay imo just because he wasnt consistent but he can be argued at any other spot

X was never in Murder Inc. X, Jay, and Ja were all apart of Def Jam tho.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • imalreadydagoat504
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lls ? is u serious?? We all know he did the shiny suit ? in sunshine but was that the theme of the album?? Was he rocking that in other videos?? U reaching with thid Dehaven smh jerseys?? Really so he never wore jerseys b4 money cash hoes huh??

he wore jerseys on where im from video, prodigy said jay was biting they style wit the jerseys in 97
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Everything that DMX is better then Jay at he is also better then 99.9 percent of rappers at as well... so I seen a ? say can jay make a song like slippin... lls what rapper can???????????? I'll wait...

Lls still waitin... its funny how ? avoid this post but still tend to say ? smh... like the ? who said dmx inspired jay to step his touring game up... lls name a rapper who performs live better then X... u ? is silly smh
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Jay-Z claimed DMX made him step up his touring skills...cool

Jay-Z thought the grammys disrespected DMX and other "? " hip-hop acts....cool

I'm not arguing any of that, my OPINION is that Jay-Z is a better rapper/MC than DMX....my argument NOW is that Jay-Z DID NOT SELL HIS SOUL TO BE LIKE DMX...do you see how crazy that sounds? Its not even a real thing.

Besides Jay wearing "shiny suits" was all about TV and exposure, like someone else mentioned most of the songs on Vol. 1 were gutter as hell.

Plus, DMX had been rapping longer than Jay...DMX was a great performer...why wouldnt Jay want to emulate that early in his career? theres nothing wrong with that.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    X was never in Murder Inc. X, Jay, and Ja were all apart of Def Jam tho.

he was in murda ink .there was suppose to be him ja rule and dmx .the group was called murda ink.look it up they made a few dope songs
    but then all went solo
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    vol.1 was his last gangster album until american gangster
    Nah....Vol.3
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    X ain't seeing jay on the mic gtfoh
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    he was in murda ink .there was suppose to be him ja rule and dmx .the group was called murda ink.look it up they made a few dope songs
    but then all went solo

I know Jay, Ja, and x made a group but that whole group was signed to Def Jam. And Def Jam distributed Murder Inc. (the record label) Individually only Ja was signed to Murder Inc.
  • imalreadydagoat504
    edited January 2011
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Nah....Vol.3

na it wasnt a gangster themed albums, its was more vol.2 than RD and vol.1. it was more street songs then gangster songs imo
  • imalreadydagoat504
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I know Jay, Ja, and x made a group but that whole group was signed to Def Jam. And Def Jam distributed Murder Inc. (the record label) Individually only Ja was signed to Murder Inc.

na this was before they was signed to def jam(95), songs like time to build was recorded in 95
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

i thought other dude was referring to the group not the label
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    na it wasnt a gangster themed albums, its was more vol.2 than RD and vol.1. it was more street songs then gangster songs imo

Yea but Jay don't really make "gangster" songs. But Vol.3 had tracks like So Ghetto, Dope Man, There's Been A Murder, Come and Get Me. Easily his last most rugged album.
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    na this was before they was signed to def jam(95), songs like time to build was recorded in 95

I know that. But I guess its better if u look 4 yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_Inc._(rap_group)
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so you gonna sit here and act like that ? wasnt wearing shiny suits in 1997? please stop acting like DMX did not make a meteor like impact onto hip hop. real talk nobody even cared about Nas or Jay Z having the crown next when X came. He was the savior. He was every new yorker best friend in 98. X saved def jam and New York singlehandedly without being a sellout like most of the mainstream NY artists were doing at the time. you ? right Jay Z sold his soul to be like DMX. DMX sold 8 million records for Def Jam alone in 1998. he had love all across the country. he was doing movies and arena tours when Jay Z was hula dancing in that ugly ass kiwi suit. thats why i dont give a ? about you jigga warriors because most of yall lames are just a bunch of ? who started listening to Jay Z in 2001 and dont know how he really wasnt holding summers or the charts down. It took Jay Z 10 albums to sell what DMX sold in 3. X was the face of eastcoast/def jam in the remaining years of the 90s and early years of last decade.

Damn, son....this is so true. How many JayHova witnesses are gonna deny this?