thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    this thread is missing a ? poll no ?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    X was beasting ? and his presence was felt throughout.

He crushed the shiny suit era everybody was stuck on, including Jay with that colorful ass "Sunshine" video.
    It's Dark And Hell Is Hot and Flesh Of My Flesh..TWO #1 albums in the SAME YEAR and sold plenty, something Jay couldn't do.
    He was Def Jam's top selling artist at the time and hit Hollywood hard WITHOUT going pop to do it.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is well categorized and widely known tho.
  • jackthemack
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And Then There Was X > anything Hov has put out. I won't even say X's first two cuz that's obv
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I keep seeing people bring up X's accomplishments, but how was X better than Jay Z in his prime and how is he better than Jay Z now? Was it flow, lyrics, delivery, songs, etc.? I mean if we are going to seriously debate whether DMX is/was better than Jay Z at least offer how. Personally, I think X only had/has a better delivery than Jay. Jay Z was better than X at everything else then and is definitely better than X in everything else now.
  • jackthemack
    edited January 2011
    Options
    From 1998 to 2001, DMX was the best rapper alive. He singlehandedly destroyed the shiny suit era.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    From 1998 to 2001, DMX was the best rapper alive. He singlehandedly destroyed the shiny suit era.

okay....and now he is.........
  • jackthemack
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He is plagued by demons obviously. Great Depression wasn't all that great and The Grand Champ was bad. By then, he was doing way too much coke and ?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    okay....and now he is.........

washed up like Jay Z. Jay Z holding Kanye hand for dear life. smh @ HAM. no buzz. no spins. thats new york hip hop sounding like a fake ass BMF?
  • imalreadydagoat504
    imalreadydagoat504 Members Posts: 129
    edited January 2011
    Options
    X was beasting ? and his presence was felt throughout.

He crushed the shiny suit era everybody was stuck on, including Jay with that colorful ass "Sunshine" video.
    It's Dark And Hell Is Hot and Flesh Of My Flesh..TWO #1 albums in the SAME YEAR and sold plenty, something Jay couldn't do.
    He was Def Jam's top selling artist at the time and hit Hollywood hard WITHOUT going pop to do it.

and we knw the bolded how
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    washed up like Jay Z. Jay Z holding Kanye hand for dear life. smh @ HAM. no buzz. no spins. thats new york hip hop sounding like a fake ass BMF?

washed up? jay is living a lot better and making better music than dmx right now, fact.

edit: and its unfortunate because i miss the hell out of dmx n/h
  • imalreadydagoat504
    edited January 2011
    Options

50 was best from 03-05, but he just like X fell off quick.
  • imalreadydagoat504
    edited January 2011
    Options
    btw Damien>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

? is just to real
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    washed up? jay is living a lot better and making better music than dmx right now, fact.

what better music are you talking about? that forced desperate ass watch the throne ? ? 2 singles leaked off the album and nobody give a damn. give me a jay z quotable from this year that the general population of america is familiar with. ? cant even rhyme back 2 bars from empire state of bite. Jay Z aint doin no better than X musically. Jay Z is ridin ? left and right trying to stay relevant. ? got outshined by Nicki Minaj . yeah jay z is washed up
  • thedesolateone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    50 was best from 03-05, but he just like X fell off quick.

50 was never best popular yes but best?
  • thedesolateone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    and we knw the bolded how

the bolded is true
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LMAO @ the tags for this thread...
  • imalreadydagoat504
    edited January 2011
    Options
    50 was never best popular yes but best?

man u crazy, when grdt drop everybody saying 50 was best the at that time

but x hasnt drop a good album in over 6-7 years, to think about it, he not even in my top 10, i got to take him out

every part of the world was going crazy
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    what better music are you talking about? that forced desperate ass watch the throne ? ? 2 singles leaked off the album and nobody give a damn. give me a jay z quotable from this year that the general population of america is familiar with. ? cant even rhyme back 2 bars from empire state of bite. Jay Z aint doin no better than X musically. Jay Z is ridin ? left and right trying to stay relevant. ? got outshined by Nicki Minaj . yeah jay z is washed up

listen tomp i applaud your effort, but just because YOU dont like something or YOU dont have any personal quotables doesnt mean everyone else feels the same way

people have been talking about his verses from light up, so appalled, the joy and monster for a while now just some examples
  • imalreadydagoat504
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the bolded is true

how, jay never dropped 2 albums in one year, how do knw if he did he wouldnt get 2 #1's

its really not hard to get #1's albums, i dont think he could sale 8 million in 1 year, but 2 #1's would be easy, most week the top sales be 200k
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you take all the the verses from album to album from them jay shatters x after x first joint it was all down hill
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    X > Jay. IC has decided, X > Jay. Men lie, women lie, real ? don't.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

DMX has never been the best rapper alive. In 1998, he was what 50 Cent was in 2003: an insanely popular rapper that people looked up to as the 2nd coming of Pac. In 1998, people respected Jay, Big Pun and even Lauryn Hill lyrically over DMX. By '99, people had moved on to riding Em as a lyricist in addition to praising Nas again, and continuing to respect Jay Z as a lyricist. In 2000, the Em wave continued and Jay Z was moving up in the ranks. By '01, DMX wasn't even an issue as Jay Z and Nas battled for lyrical supremacy.