Options
    besides its dark and hell is hot dmx aint got a quality album like Jigga

U act like Jay Z has dropped classic after classic lol
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    If it wasnt for DMX there woiuldnt be the Jay Z that you have now. Like Cam said. when did NY start bouncing?

DMX is the rapper Jay Z always wanted to be. He sold his soul in 1998 to be just like DMX. Jay Z went from shiny suits on Vol 1 to baggy jeans, boots and low fade trying to emulate DMX on Vol 2. Jay Z went from making music with Ski and Premier to riding Swizz and Dame Grease ? . X had all the grimy ? down with RR so Jay Z stopped ? with allure and christon and put bleek and beans on for street cred. X was the first 100 million dollar man for Def Jam and saved the whole roster and upper managment thier jobs. read up on it. Russell was about to sell Def Jam to BMG/Zomba after that Phenoenom flop

Cosign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited January 2011
    Options
    everything that dmx is better then jay at he is also better then 99.9 percent of rappers at as well... So i seen a ? say can jay make a song like slippin... Lls what rapper can???????????? I'll wait...

still waitin.........
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I though ? already knew DMX was better then Jay-Z
  • innercity99
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

And dmx has?? Or any other rapper 4 that matter?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    98-00 DMX = 03-05 50 Cent

real ? ........
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

i can say Jay has never dropped a wack/bad album.
    Cant say the same for X
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If it wasnt for DMX there woiuldnt be the Jay Z that you have now. Like Cam said. when did NY start bouncing?

DMX is the rapper Jay Z always wanted to be. He sold his soul in 1998 to be just like DMX. Jay Z went from shiny suits on Vol 1 to baggy jeans, boots and low fade trying to emulate DMX on Vol 2. Jay Z went from making music with Ski and Premier to riding Swizz and Dame Grease ? . X had all the grimy ? down with RR so Jay Z stopped ? with allure and christon and put bleek and beans on for street cred. X was the first 100 million dollar man for Def Jam and saved the whole roster and upper managment thier jobs. read up on it. Russell was about to sell Def Jam to BMG/Zomba after that Phenoenom flop

yall are too funny...so now jay sold his sould to be like dmx.....gets better every time
  • innercity99
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Everything that DMX is better then Jay at he is also better then 99.9 percent of rappers at as well... so I seen a ? say can jay make a song like slippin... lls what rapper can???????????? I'll wait...

Still waitin^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where all the good folks that c/s this powerful thread??? Tomp kwan nothingbutthetruth bankruptballer??? Anyone?? Lls
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    If that is true then you're saying Wayne is a overall better rapper than Pac because Wayne is better lyrically.

why do yall take this ? seriously
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited January 2011
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    cosign stamp this thread

DMX>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay-Z, even at acting Jay-Z aint seeing X

co-sign this to the fullest
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yall are too funny...so now jay sold his sould to be like dmx.....gets better every time

so you gonna sit here and act like that ? wasnt wearing shiny suits in 1997? please stop acting like DMX did not make a meteor like impact onto hip hop. real talk nobody even cared about Nas or Jay Z having the crown next when X came. He was the savior. He was every new yorker best friend in 98. X saved def jam and New York singlehandedly without being a sellout like most of the mainstream NY artists were doing at the time. you ? right Jay Z sold his soul to be like DMX. DMX sold 8 million records for Def Jam alone in 1998. he had love all across the country. he was doing movies and arena tours when Jay Z was hula dancing in that ugly ass kiwi suit. thats why i dont give a ? about you jigga warriors because most of yall lames are just a bunch of ? who started listening to Jay Z in 2001 and dont know how he really wasnt holding summers or the charts down. It took Jay Z 10 albums to sell what DMX sold in 3. X was the face of eastcoast/def jam in the remaining years of the 90s and early years of last decade.
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so you gonna sit here and act like that ? wasnt wearing shiny suits in 1997? please stop acting like DMX did not make a meteor like impact onto hip hop. real talk nobody even cared about Nas or Jay Z having the crown next when X came. He was the savior. He was every new yorker best friend in 98. X saved def jam and New York singlehandedly without being a sellout like most of the mainstream NY artists were doing at the time. you ? right Jay Z sold his soul to be like DMX. DMX sold 8 million records for Def Jam alone in 1998. he had love all across the country. he was doing movies and arena tours when Jay Z was hula dancing in that ugly ass kiwi suit. thats why i dont give a ? about you jigga warriors because most of yall lames are just a bunch of ? who started listening to Jay Z in 2001 and dont know how he really wasnt holding summers or the charts down. It took Jay Z 10 albums to sell what DMX sold in 3. X was the face of eastcoast/def jam in the remaining years of the 90s and early years of last decade.

Oh u killin' em

Damn
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Also this:

JAY-Z SAYS RAPPER DMX IS THE REASON HE STEPPED HIS TOURING SKILLS UP

http://sickhop.com/2010/04/11/jay-z-says-rapper-dmx-is-the-reason-he-stepped-his-touring-skills-up/

In a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, rapper Jay-Z mentioned that DMX’s stage performances inspired him. The mogul used to watch DMX and other artists’ shows to learn how to become a better performer.

“In hip-hop, there’s not many great performers,” Jay said in an interview. “I look outside the genre, measuring myself against others. I look at Madonna’s production and envy that. Daft Punk’s set…ll my early years? Forget it. I was a horrible performer. DMX tore me to pieces. I remember being stunned. [DMX] had me really working. But I had to figure this out. If you want to be a headliner, you better put on a headline show.”
    He’s not lying, he was definitely “tore to pieces”! When DMX was in his prime, he gave the best shows money could buy. I remember leaving the Ruff Ryders/Cash Money Tour saying to myself, ‘DMX is the best performer ever’. X had that kind of effect on me, pause. Lol!

NOW WHAT Jigga warriors lol
  • son of 1973
    son of 1973 Members Posts: 769
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i felt x more. reasonable doubt=classic. dark and hell is hot=phenomenon. jigga aint release 2 platinum albums in the same year like x. true, jigga made ? dance. a lot of ? was feeling his lyrics too, esp in the 90's. but x was other level ? ..? energy, voice, off the wall ? he said was too powerful (got blood on my because i ? a corpse..).. also i remember 98 lil ? hustlin in the street(ny, philly)had x as they life theme, he really spoke to them. he was like the east coast pac n ? but more lyrical. x brought the streets back by himself, pushed all that puff and jay to the side like lint.
  • innercity99
    edited January 2011
    Options

Lls r u serious Dehaven? No I can see if jay was wearing shiny suits when he 1st came out or that was his theme of the album smh on the album cover for vol 1 was he wearing a shiny suit? How bout in where im from? Lls but u prob right about one thing these jigga warriors prob didn't start listening to Jay till 01 unlike u who been a fan since who knows how long smh go sit down some where clown
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i felt x more. reasonable doubt=classic. dark and hell is hot=phenomenon. jigga aint release 2 platinum albums in the same year like x. true, jigga made ? dance. a lot of ? was feeling his lyrics too, esp in the 90's. but x was other level ? ..? energy, voice, off the wall ? he said was too powerful (got blood on my because i ? a corpse..).. also i remember 98 lil ? hustlin in the street(ny, philly)had x as they life theme, he really spoke to them. he was like the east coast pac n ? but more lyrical. x brought the streets back by himself, pushed all that puff and jay to the side like lint.

Man Im only 22 but when I think of 98 I think of the Ruff Ryders anthem. I loved it.

And DMX has the greatest Intro maybe in Hip Hop history.

"Dawg Dawg, thats my mans and them" lol
  • innercity99
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Everything that DMX is better then Jay at he is also better then 99.9 percent of rappers at as well... so I seen a ? say can jay make a song like slippin... lls what rapper can???????????? I'll wait...

Still waitin...
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited January 2011
    Options

so so so SO true
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    co-sign this to the fullest

first time we ever agreed on something, even tho I hate yo guts
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lls r u serious Dehaven? No I can see if jay was wearing shiny suits when he 1st came out or that was his theme of the album smh on the album cover for vol 1 was he wearing a shiny suit? How bout in where im from? Lls but u prob right about one thing these jigga warriors prob didn't start listening to Jay till 01 unlike u who been a fan since who knows how long smh go sit down some where clown
    ol loud ass kiwi fruit suit almost burned a hole in my computer screen. how he go from this mo money mo problems knock off to this
    this ? wanna be dmx so bad. the chain, the jerseys, the baggy clothes. smmfh
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if x woulda stayed consistent i would c/s this thread. dude was killing ? in his prime
    two albums released in 98,both went #1. he's the only ARTIST,not just rap, to have his first five solo albums debut at #1 on the charts. 3 #1 albums in 2 years. his energy on a track is unmatched. jay wouldnt even appear at the grammys one year cuz he felt they were disrespecting x and what he accomplished

dmx accomplished a lot in a short period of time while he was in his prime. its sad to see what he is now from what he once was
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if x woulda stayed consistent i would c/s this thread. dude was killing ? in his prime
    two albums released in 98,both went #1. he's the only ARTIST,not just rap, to have his first five solo albums debut at #1 on the charts. 3 #1 albums in 2 years. his energy on a track is unmatched. jay wouldnt even appear at the grammys one year cuz he felt they were disrespecting x and what he accomplished

dmx accomplished a lot in a short period of time while he was in his prime. its sad to see what he is now from what he once was

Is that true?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ol loud ass kiwi fruit suit almost burned a hole in my computer screen. how he go from this mo money mo problems knock off to this
    this ? wanna be dmx so bad. the chain, the jerseys, the baggy clothes. smmfh

you act like dmx was the first and only ? to wear chain,jerseys, and baggy clothes.
    sometimes you be making some good points but most of the time you make yourself look stupid