The Official Nasty Nas ir bin Olu Dara Escobar Jones Thread...

Options

Comments

• 11BamBam11
    11BamBam11 Banned Users Posts: 57
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im not saying same content..but same spirit, just update it like a computer..

I feel that. To this day, I still bang It Was Written. Take It In Blood, Suspect, Live ? Rap, & I Gave You Power are my favorites. Nas flow back then was at its peak.
    Also.... The Niigga Mixtape >>>>>>>>> Untitled, imo.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nas cant lose for winning while winning a losing battle but he still stays losin on the winning team that lost

this mufacka know his ? gawd
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    11BamBam11 wrote: »
    I feel that. To this day, I still bang It Was Written. Take It In Blood, Suspect, Live ? Rap, & I Gave You Power are my favorites. Nas flow back then was at its peak.
    Also.... The Niigga Mixtape >>>>>>>>> Untitled, imo.

i'm glad a lot of those songs didn't make the album.
  • njrebel
    njrebel Members Posts: 27
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas is one of the most consistant rappers ever, I don't think he ever fell of either
  • 11BamBam11
    11BamBam11 Banned Users Posts: 57
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    i'm glad a lot of those songs didn't make the album.

I'd rather Cops Keep Firing, Ghetto Rmx, Esco Let's Go and Association on the album over half-assed ? like Testify, Make The World Go Round, and Breathe.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree, ever since he got on that conscious ? post Stillmatic; i stopped messing with him like i use to. I still listen but i can't ? with Salaam Remi and Nas beat selection. I prefer Nas spitting that street ? over dope beats (Trackmaster, LES,etc).
  • ninefiveninesix
    ninefiveninesix Members Posts: 72
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas needs to come out with a hot album with hot rhymes on TOP of HOT beats......a lot of people will agree that Illmatic, IWW, and Stillmatic contained some of his hottest beats which made them probably his most complete albums.
    Beats have been his issue for the last few albums....Alchemist actually said that he tried to give Nas the beat for "We gonna make it" and he turned it down and Al gave it to 'Kiss for "Kiss The Game Goodbye"......so your ear for beats can't be great if u turnin' that beat down.....that's a classic track. He needs to sit down and carefully craft another masterpiece.
  • heavyrelish
    heavyrelish Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah, i didnt buy anything after hhid, but i youtubed alot of that ? and it was alright when i think about it..but he needs to do his FANS a favor(take a hint from rae) and put out an album with havoc on the boards, not even premier, bring that queens ? back, and a rza track would be nice also..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that ? better get on his bun b grind so he can pay dem billz...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nas cant lose for winning while winning a losing battle but he still stays losin on the winning team that lost

well da hell said...
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
    The Notorious B.I.G. Members Posts: 293
    edited January 2010
    Options
    AND??? ? outta here with this derivation of "nas lost"
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i actually thought streets desciple had some great ? with great production

the makings of a perfect ?
    streets desciple
    desciple
    these are our heroes
    LIVE NOW
    and some otha ? i gotta go back to and am too lazy to do so

hip hop is dead was a lil off lyrically and untitled is almost classic. nas aint fall off yall just stopped listenin
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited January 2010
    Options
    oh and btw I am>>>>IWW. you cant say the production on i am isnt ill.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    This may be an unpopular opinion but NY State of Mind II>>NY State of Mind

Naw you hit the nail on the head....part 2 is the ?
  • ziggiy
    ziggiy Members Posts: 46
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ya'll dudes in here wildin...

So Nas is in Nastradamus mode at this point in his career? Seriously?? I mean his last TWO albums have been number one charting, critically acclaimed, gold-selling lp's that have kept him relevant enough in hip hop to the point where he can pretty much do whatever he wants musically, all of this without heavy promo and ZERO radio play (at least in here in the hell hole known as ATL). And you guys mean to claim dude LOST? I mean I do understand the whole not being on CL2 was hella dissapointing but dude had to deal with the birth of his first son while SIMULTANEOUSLY going through a bitter, public divorce in which the ? in question seems hell bent on putting all of your business on blast, hell, if it were me the LAST thing on my mind would be spitting verses for somebody else's ? (no matter WHO it was, as rumor has it he turned down an offer to be on BP3 as well) Hell only Nasir could attempt at naking an album of the concept of Distant Relatives, complete with a National Geographic discussion on the importance of Hip Hop and Raggae culture and how it inspires the world and all ya'll COMPLAINING about the current state of hip hop can do is come up with ? reasons on why said hip hop statemen LOST????

Really???
  • mattik
    mattik Members Posts: 226
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ziggiy wrote: »

So Nas is in Nastradamus mode at this point in his career? Seriously?? I mean his last TWO albums have been number one charting, critically acclaimed, gold-selling lp's that have kept him relevant enough in hip hop to the point where he can pretty much do whatever he wants musically, all of this without heavy promo and ZERO radio play (at least in here in the hell hole known as ATL). And you guys mean to claim dude LOST? I mean I do understand the whole not being on CL2 was hella dissapointing but dude had to deal with the birth of his first son while SIMULTANEOUSLY going through a bitter, public divorce in which the ? in question seems hell bent on putting all of your business on blast, hell, if it were me the LAST thing on my mind would be spitting verses for somebody else's ? (no matter WHO it was, as rumor has it he turned down an offer to be on BP3 as well) Hell only Nasir could attempt at naking an album of the concept of Distant Relatives, complete with a National Geographic discussion on the importance of Hip Hop and Raggae culture and how it inspires the world and all ya'll COMPLAINING about the current state of hip hop can do is come up with ? reasons on why said hip hop statemen LOST????

Really???

co-sign to the fullest.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nas will be good just pay the chick make ya music and keep it moving, i would go harder just to make sure her ass understands he don't need her
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas last album is a classic. If anything he needs to keep on going. People get too caught up in these artists personal lives.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited January 2010
    Options

Really???

real ? talk
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    KingJB2ThaFullest86 Members Posts: 388
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas still holds it down
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how come people say nas lost over this ? but no one talks about eminem raising anotha ? kid or kim playin his ? size n ? lol since yall wanna get personal em takes more Ls in his personal life than any1
  • mobilefreepimpp
    mobilefreepimpp Banned Users Posts: 147
    edited January 2010
    Options

Really???

So what he's got 2 number ones consecutively...against what competition. He is nastradamous level right now. Successwise nastradomous was his highest selling album up until that point. But his worst critically. Hip hop is dead had some gems...untitled was weaker. Neither were close to classic and streets disciple was even worse. By nastradomous level I mean he's pretty much irrelevant...he ain't a guest on nobodies record...distant reletives keeps getting pushed back, no verses from him since what...ludas last album? No followup album...hasn't had an album worthy of being a nas album since Gods son...he's at a really low point in his career...He needs to come back swinging...that's what I mean by nastradomous album. At least that's how I feel as a nas fan...let you stans tell it, your fine not holdin nas to his standard...your fine with not hearing any music from him...yeah he's had some trials and tribs....but that didn't stop him when I Am...Nastradamous leaked...or when his marriage with Carmen fell thru...or when jay dissed him...or when his mom died...
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

Really???

C/s close thread Nas haters will always have some ? to say son
  • blakrooted
    blakrooted Members Posts: 62
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas is still the top MC... ? all else. If you think he's on The Nastradamus Level put him next to your fav rapper and see him lyrically ? .
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So what he's got 2 number ones consecutively...against what competition. He is nastradamous level right now. Successwise nastradomous was his highest selling album up until that point. But his worst critically. Hip hop is dead had some gems...untitled was weaker. Neither were close to classic and streets disciple was even worse. By nastradomous level I mean he's pretty much irrelevant...he ain't a guest on nobodies record...distant reletives keeps getting pushed back, no verses from him since what...ludas last album? No followup album...hasn't had an album worthy of being a nas album since Gods son...he's at a really low point in his career...He needs to come back swinging...that's what I mean by nastradomous album. At least that's how I feel as a nas fan...let you stans tell it, your fine not holdin nas to his standard...your fine with not hearing any music from him...yeah he's had some trials and tribs....but that didn't stop him when I Am...Nastradamous leaked...or when his marriage with Carmen fell thru...or when jay dissed him...or when his mom died...
    Untitled is an incredible album. It just doesnt appeal to the masses. Therefore people would say it is weak or whatever.