The Official Nasty Nas ir bin Olu Dara Escobar Jones Thread...

Options

Comments

• The_wraith
    The_wraith Members Posts: 391
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thats all ? do on the ic is worry about a ? personal life
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You held Esco down for years huh? He starts having problems with HIS ? and you start calling him a loser? What happened to the faithful fans of hip hop? His last couple of albums might not have been Ill-Mat, IWW, Still-Mat... but they ARE still better then half the ? your hearing in current hip hop. Nas have already made it. Period. He’ll live and die as one of the top 3 rappers to do it, so how has he lost?
    Nas will be fine. His TRUE fan base is excited about what he’s about to do next. We dont look at numbers, we listen to real music... I cant wait for that Distant Relatives.

oh yeah .. ? that ? Kelis .
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • The_wraith
    The_wraith Members Posts: 391
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You held Esco down for years huh? He starts having problems with HIS ? and you start calling him a loser? What happened to the faithful fans of hip hop? His last couple of albums might not have been Ill-Mat, IWW, Still-Mat... but they ARE still better then half the ? your hearing in current hip hop. Nas have already made it. Period. He’ll live and die as one of the top 3 rappers to do it, so how has he lost?
    Nas will be fine. His TRUE fan base is excited about what he’s about to do next. We dont look at numbers, we listen to real music... I cant wait for that Distant Relatives.

preach brother man preach

? get caught up with rappers personal business

i don't care about the ? personal ?

i'm a true nas fan and he makes good music
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas never fell off and his last 2 albums easily can compete with best albums of that era. His weakest period was between 2002 and 2005 (although "?
    s Son" is pretty good album). Now I think Nas regained his creativity and is in top lyrical form.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So what he's got 2 number ones consecutively...against what competition. He is nastradamous level right now. Successwise nastradomous was his highest selling album up until that point. But his worst critically. Hip hop is dead had some gems...untitled was weaker. Neither were close to classic and streets disciple was even worse. By nastradomous level I mean he's pretty much irrelevant...he ain't a guest on nobodies record...distant reletives keeps getting pushed back, no verses from him since what...ludas last album? No followup album...hasn't had an album worthy of being a nas album since Gods son...he's at a really low point in his career...He needs to come back swinging...that's what I mean by nastradomous album. At least that's how I feel as a nas fan...let you stans tell it, your fine not holdin nas to his standard...your fine with not hearing any music from him...yeah he's had some trials and tribs....but that didn't stop him when I Am...Nastradamous leaked...or when his marriage with Carmen fell thru...or when jay dissed him...or when his mom died...

umm i stopped reading after you said nastradamus was his best selling at that point because you obviously dont have your facts str8
  • mattik
    mattik Members Posts: 226
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So what he's got 2 number ones consecutively...against what competition. He is nastradamous level right now. Successwise nastradomous was his highest selling album up until that point. But his worst critically. Hip hop is dead had some gems...untitled was weaker. Neither were close to classic and streets disciple was even worse. By nastradomous level I mean he's pretty much irrelevant...he ain't a guest on nobodies record...distant reletives keeps getting pushed back, no verses from him since what...ludas last album? No followup album...hasn't had an album worthy of being a nas album since Gods son...he's at a really low point in his career...He needs to come back swinging...that's what I mean by nastradomous album. At least that's how I feel as a nas fan...let you stans tell it, your fine not holdin nas to his standard...your fine with not hearing any music from him...yeah he's had some trials and tribs....but that didn't stop him when I Am...Nastradamous leaked...or when his marriage with Carmen fell thru...or when jay dissed him...or when his mom died...

ok.. you're an idiot. nastradamus went platinum, but it wasnt his highest.. 2 #1 albums is a feat for anybody, no matter the competition, especially since they actually moved significant units in this climate with little radio play or label support.. and hhid and untitled were both positively received by fans and critics.. untitled is borderline classic.. now just think for a second, you dumb f*ck. you said he's irrelevant because he's not on anybody's records.. he prob wasnt on records because he's recording a new album while undergoing a bad break up and legal issues with his wife all the while having a new baby.. so there is good reason for him not being on new records.. but nonetheless, if he was irrelevant, that would mean nobody gives a f*ck to hear him and no artist is lookin to get him for a feature... he was in demand to be on bp3 and cuban linx 2, the 2 biggest albums of the year.. people were mad disappointed to not have verbal intercourse pt. 2 or an empire state of mind remix.. so how is he irrelevant if everyone is fiendin to hear him on those records, dummie?? distant relatives got pushed back for whatever reasons, but it's still one of the most anticipated albums of the year.. just delete your account here, you obviously don't have anything intelligent to contribute.
  • heavyrelish
    heavyrelish Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ziggiy wrote: »
    Ya'll dudes in here wildin...

So Nas is in Nastradamus mode at this point in his career? Seriously?? I mean his last TWO albums have been number one charting, critically acclaimed, gold-selling lp's that have kept him relevant enough in hip hop to the point where he can pretty much do whatever he wants musically, all of this without heavy promo and ZERO radio play (at least in here in the hell hole known as ATL). And you guys mean to claim dude LOST? I mean I do understand the whole not being on CL2 was hella dissapointing but dude had to deal with the birth of his first son while SIMULTANEOUSLY going through a bitter, public divorce in which the ? in question seems hell bent on putting all of your business on blast, hell, if it were me the LAST thing on my mind would be spitting verses for somebody else's ? (no matter WHO it was, as rumor has it he turned down an offer to be on BP3 as well) Hell only Nasir could attempt at naking an album of the concept of Distant Relatives, complete with a National Geographic discussion on the importance of Hip Hop and Raggae culture and how it inspires the world and all ya'll COMPLAINING about the current state of hip hop can do is come up with ? reasons on why said hip hop statemen LOST????

Really???
    i didnt say nas lost, but i did say that as someone who has held nas DOWN sinse day 1, im finding it difficult to defend him cause he isnt putting that work in...im sorry, but if u think anything recently has had that same heat as live nigguh rap or youre the man youre whylin my dude..im not asking him to remake old albums, but get your raekwon on and bring that hip hop ? back..rae proved that it can be done in this snappin and trapping era...the saga continues.......
  • 11BamBam11
    11BamBam11 Banned Users Posts: 57
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah, i didnt buy anything after hhid, but i youtubed alot of that ? and it was alright when i think about it..but he needs to do his FANS a favor(take a hint from rae) and put out an album with havoc on the boards, not even premier, bring that queens ? back, and a rza track would be nice also..

Co-sign the bolded. It's a shame it won't happen any time soon. Nas said a while after Untitled that he was doing a album with Premo and another one album with Dre, but that never worked out. Nas is that type of dude who likes to experiment, move forward and use unconventional beats. I respect that, but sometimes that method won't always please long-time fans. Untitled was decent album to me, and I'd rate it 7/10 (3.5/5), but it lacked that fire and adrenline. While the content and message was fine, the production was a little too laid-back for my taste. Nas hinted that this next Damian Marley collab album will be something you can bang in the whip, so let's hope this ? has some better beats...
  • heavyrelish
    edited January 2010
    Options

i never called him a loser, i said i can no longer act like his output is on par with his past material...i never listen to anything except illmatic and it was wtritten..just like rae, i tried to say immobilarity and lex diamond was alright, but cl2 made me be like, you know what, if these dudes want to they can step the ? up!!!!!!!
  • heavyrelish
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and i never said nothing about numbers...he just needs to step his ? up..everybody know that..and that distant relatives ? , i hope its bangin, but ? that, gimme that two turntables and a mic ? .
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and i never said nothing about numbers...he just needs to step his ? up..everybody know that..and that distant relatives ? , i hope its bangin, but ? that, gimme that two turntables and a mic ? .

he stepped his ? up on untitled. only time he was off lyrically was hhid
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ya'll dudes in here wildin...

So Nas is in Nastradamus mode at this point in his career? Seriously?? I mean his last TWO albums have been number one charting, critically acclaimed, gold-selling lp's that have kept him relevant enough in hip hop to the point where he can pretty much do whatever he wants musically, all of this without heavy promo and ZERO radio play (at least in here in the hell hole known as ATL). And you guys mean to claim dude LOST? I mean I do understand the whole not being on CL2 was hella dissapointing but dude had to deal with the birth of his first son while SIMULTANEOUSLY going through a bitter, public divorce in which the ? in question seems hell bent on putting all of your business on blast, hell, if it were me the LAST thing on my mind would be spitting verses for somebody else's ? (no matter WHO it was, as rumor has it he turned down an offer to be on BP3 as well) Hell only Nasir could attempt at naking an album of the concept of Distant Relatives, complete with a National Geographic discussion on the importance of Hip Hop and Raggae culture and how it inspires the world and all ya'll COMPLAINING about the current state of hip hop can do is come up with ? reasons on why said hip hop statemen LOST????

Really???

Finally someone with sense. I don't think people really listen to albums. Nas is own his grown man ? . Nas dropped two albums that pushed the envelope of hip hop, had substance and folks didn't fully appreciate the effort but I can respect it. Sure the albums weren't classic (in the Illmatic, IWW sense of th word) but they were dopealbums that ? on 95% of the rest of the albus that year. Now, he on it, using dope music trying to promote Africa.

Most people could foresee that Kelis was not a good look, not no wife material but Nas always has that dreamer mindset- reform society, reform a hoe and this time it came to bite him n the ass. I'm divorced for similar bs so how can i judge. Nonetheless. that's his personal life. Y'all need to chill and let the man make hismistakes like the rest of us as long as he uses it to make dope music that moves me and i can relate to, I'm good. Nas stll GOAT.
  • NevaChange
    NevaChange Members Posts: 230
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol@ nas' last platinum being Street's Disicple
    Lol@ Nas not going platinum since 2004
    Lol@ Nas not going platinum for six years
    Lol@ Nas' hip hop is dead not going platinum
    Lol@ Untitled not going platinum even with all the hype
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    NevaChange wrote: »
    Lol@ nas' last platinum being Street's Disicple
    Lol@ Nas not going platinum since 2004
    Lol@ Nas not going platinum for six years
    Lol@ Nas' hip hop is dead not going platinum
    Lol@ Untitled not going platinum even with all the hype

You, my friend, are the definition of a hater. I guess all you care about is sales, not the actual music.
    You also failed to mention that Nas dropped two substance-driven albums and they both still went to no. 1, at his age and in this current climate.

You know its OK to be a Jay stan and still appreciate good Nas music. Hasn't Someone told you they beef is long over. Get over the hate son, it's bad for you. Enjoy the nusic.
  • mobilefreepimpp
    mobilefreepimpp Banned Users Posts: 147
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Untitled is an incredible album. It just doesnt appeal to the masses. Therefore people would say it is weak or whatever.

No, wrong. People say its weak cuz its weak. How does it not appeal to the masses. He gots a joint with Keri Hilson...a track produced by Polow...a track produced by Toomp...a joint with chris brown...a joint produced by Cool and Dre...a joint with Busta and the Game.

It was a blatant attempt to try and make Preachy music and commercialize it so it appeals. Sorry if I didn't dig it...but I absolutely hate when stans try to explain to me why I don't like the album. Smh at Untitled being incredible. Why would I dislike an album cuz it doesn't appeal to the masses...I got plenty albums that literally don't appeal to the masses. Untitled is just not good...its not exactly Let's Get Free as far as marketability.
  • mobilefreepimpp
    edited January 2010
    Options
    mattik wrote: »
    ok.. you're an idiot. nastradamus went platinum, but it wasnt his highest.. 2 #1 albums is a feat for anybody, no matter the competition, especially since they actually moved significant units in this climate with little radio play or label support.. and hhid and untitled were both positively received by fans and critics.. untitled is borderline classic.. now just think for a second, you dumb f*ck. you said he's irrelevant because he's not on anybody's records.. he prob wasnt on records because he's recording a new album while undergoing a bad break up and legal issues with his wife all the while having a new baby.. so there is good reason for him not being on new records.. but nonetheless, if he was irrelevant, that would mean nobody gives a f*ck to hear him and no artist is lookin to get him for a feature... he was in demand to be on bp3 and cuban linx 2, the 2 biggest albums of the year.. people were mad disappointed to not have verbal intercourse pt. 2 or an empire state of mind remix.. so how is he irrelevant if everyone is fiendin to hear him on those records, dummie?? distant relatives got pushed back for whatever reasons, but it's still one of the most anticipated albums of the year.. just delete your account here, you obviously don't have anything intelligent to contribute.

I stopped reading after you called me an idiot...its obvious you've caught way too much feelings over one post. The truth will do that sometime.
  • illstrip-hellaware
    illstrip-hellaware Members Posts: 18
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nas cant lose for winning while winning a losing battle but he still stays losin on the winning team that lost

lol ............
  • mobilefreepimpp
    edited January 2010
    Options
    umm i stopped reading after you said nastradamus was his best selling at that point because you obviously dont have your facts str8
    you know what, you right...I'll take an L for that...but your missing the point of my post. It was still a successful album...it went platinum in less than a month. I'm saying as a Nas fan not a hater that he's at Nastradamous levels...he gotten a lot of criticism...a lot of odds against him...and he has a lot to prove to the game. He's at a low point in his career as far as his personal life...and in my personal opinion his music has been kinda weak...if you honestly believe Untitled is a near classic then well I just disagree...I think HHID was better...I certainly wouldn't put it up with his classics or near classics like Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic or Gods Son. He has to come out swinging like he did when stillmatic came out so he let's people know the bs ain't affecting him. Not don't confuse it for a "nas lost" post...cuz as a Nas fan you should want him to come out swingin cuz its gonna be an album on the level of Stillmatic. All Nas fans should want that.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? the joints wit Toomp and Polo was classic. FOH
  • mobilefreepimpp
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? the joints wit Toomp and Polo was classic. FOH
    The one with toomp was dope, even tho the drum pattern is the same as Say Hello...and the bassline on the mixtape version was superior. Hero was ass to me...but that still don't mean anythang. Nobody was talkin bout the quality of the songs...we were talkin bout mainstream appeal.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No, wrong. People say its weak cuz its weak. How does it not appeal to the masses. He gots a joint with Keri Hilson...a track produced by Polow...a track produced by Toomp...a joint with chris brown...a joint produced by Cool and Dre...a joint with Busta and the Game.

It was a blatant attempt to try and make Preachy music and commercialize it so it appeals. Sorry if I didn't dig it...but I absolutely hate when stans try to explain to me why I don't like the album. Smh at Untitled being incredible. Why would I dislike an album cuz it doesn't appeal to the masses...I got plenty albums that literally don't appeal to the masses. Untitled is just not good...its not exactly Let's Get Free as far as marketability.

I dont care if you dislike it. Because he had Busta. Game and a polow track he was tryna commercialize it? I guess you missed the content on the album. I am far from a stan. Its just my opinion.
  • ziggiy
    ziggiy Members Posts: 46
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "MAINSTREAM APPLEAL"???? really?? I'm not one to judge an artist by "mainstream appeal" but seriously, other than Kanye West, TI, and Jay-Z; who has MORE mainstream appeal than Nas?? Seriously, dude dropped a socially conscious, racially charged album in 2008 than hit number one on billboard on its way to gold certification, something that only a handful of hip hop artist can achieve (i'm looking at you Curtis Jackson) in this climate. It doesnt matter against "what competition" or anything other than the fact that it was a dope album that sold well without a lollipop or some other ? club ?
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "MAINSTREAM APPLEAL"???? really?? I'm not one to judge an artist by "mainstream appeal" but seriously, other than Kanye West, TI, and Jay-Z; who has MORE mainstream appeal than Nas?? Seriously, dude dropped a socially conscious, racially charged album in 2008 than hit number one on billboard on its way to gold certification, something that only a handful of hip hop artist can achieve (i'm looking at you Curtis Jackson) in this climate. It doesnt matter against "what competition" or anything other than the fact that it was a dope album that sold well without a lollipop or some other ? club ?

Thats an amazing accomplishment to go gold off that album. I think nas will sell regardless though. He has his fanbase set in.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So the album would be less commercial without those guest appearances.