Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

Options

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    to me it is why? every body in this world has an agenda. and one other thing why hasn't their been another organism on earth compatible of the same level of abstract thought as man
    To you, what is why?

Why should there be "another organism on earth compatible of the same level of abstract thought as man"? Organisms don't just exist because you think they should.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    delineate between "real" and performed by middle school, high school, or college students

does it have to involve getting paid? is pro science the only real science now?

bruh...

how many gods have you seen?

bruh...

bruh...

Nas Lost.

How many high school science classes have they made major scientific discovery?

when it pertains to evolution?
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    To you, what is why?

Why should there be "another organism on earth compatible of the same level of abstract thought as man"? Organisms don't just exist because you think they should.

you didn't answer the question.

imo you cannot take anything presented to you at face value. even scientific research, because even if numbers don't lie the problem that write them do .
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    to me it is why? every body in this world has an agenda. and one other thing why hasn't their been another organism on earth compatible of the same level of abstract thought as man

evo-fuckn-LUTION!
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited February 2011
    Options

dude...evolution takes place every where, every day

History is the story of evolution

Simple science fair experiment: 1) Get bacteria 2) seperate bacteria between 2 stable environments 3) introduce some kind of anti bacterial element 4) observe

Over time the bacteria will die, the survivors will reproduce and a new generation of bacteria will be resistant. Evolution........
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you didn't answer the question.

imo you cannot take anything presented to you at face value. even scientific research, because even if numbers don't lie the problem that write them do .

so then why do you take religion at face value..........
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited February 2011
    Options
    to each they own....but how can he expect an explanation if he just walks away????
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    dude...evolution takes place every where, every day

History is the story of evolution

Simple science fair experiment: 1) Get bacteria 2) seperate bacteria between 2 stable environments 3) introduce some kind of anti bacterial element 4) observe

Over time the bacteria will die, the survivors will reproduce and a new generation of bacteria will be resistant. Evolution........

Well of course , species adapt thats how they survive, I'm talking about when it comes to Man though
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    so then why do you take religion at face value..........

i don't over my time on earth i have developed my own belief system ... the bible even discredits religion as being man made
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you didn't answer the question...
    Which question? The "to me it is why?" question, the pronoun usage was unclear, which is why I replied "To you, what is why?". What were/are you referring to with that question?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

So now an experiment is only "real" science if it produces a major discovery in a particular field.

Right.

Anyway, the actual reason that there's no other animal quite like us on the planet is that we killed them a couple million years ago.

But there are a few other creatures capable of abstract thought. Not as nice as us, but they can still manage it.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Still in level #2, by the way:
    ZodXA.png
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Which question? The "to me it is why?" question, the pronoun usage was unclear, which is why I replied "To you, what is why?". What were/are you referring to with that question?

Why hasn't there been a creature, organism, etc. with the same level of abstract thought as man?
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why hasn't there been a creature, organism, etc. with the same level of abstract thought as man?
    The answer to the question "Why hasn't there been a creature, organism, etc. with the same level of abstract thought as man?" is the same as the answer to the question "Why aren't there any flying mollusks?". The answer is simply "Because that's not how things turned out.".

Just because you feel there should be organisms with certain characteristics doesn't make it so.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    this is the funniest ? ever LOL
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So now an experiment is only "real" science if it produces a major discovery in a particular field.

Right.

Anyway, the actual reason that there's no other animal quite like us on the planet is that we killed them a couple million years ago.

But there are a few other creatures capable of abstract thought. Not as nice as us, but they can still manage it.

what proof or evidence do you have to support that claim because the other competeing species could have died off though mass extinction. way to many viables to make that type of assertaition.

our existent is more complex than a theory or a make believe deity that has been perverted by man looking for a way to control the masses its far deeper than that.
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what proof or evidence do you have to support that claim because the other competeing species could have died off though mass extinction. way to many viables to make that type of assertaition.

our existent is more complex than a theory or a make believe deity that has been perverted by man looking for a way to control the masses its far deeper than that.

hmmh. a cleveland westsider huh?
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The answer to the question "Why hasn't there been a creature, organism, etc. with the same level of abstract thought as man?" is the same as the answer to the question "Why aren't there any flying mollusks?". The answer is simply "Because that's not how things turned out.".

Just because you feel there should be organisms with certain characteristics doesn't make it so.

that answer is in the same league as well ? did this that or whatever .

no body really knows why we exist and no body will ever really know
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hmmh. a cleveland westsider huh?

Eastside all day but i'm just trying see what exactly these athesist think because no matter which side of the argument your on . We will never actually know how and why we came to exist. This is just

some more trivial ? for people to argue over to keep everyone separate. but y'all don't hear me though
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what proof or evidence do you have to support that claim because the other competeing species could have died off though mass extinction.
    You could be right, but I remember that the consensus was that we wasted them. I could be wrong, but here's at least one source:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/5972268/Neanderthals-may-have-been-killed-off-by-modern-humans.html
    our existent is more complex than a theory
    It is a fact that we evolve.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that answer is in the same league as well ? did this that or whatever .

no body really knows why we exist and no body will ever really know
    No, my answer asserts nothing; since it is a fact mollusks can't fly, it is true that "that's not how things turned out". Now if I were to say "Mollusks can't fly, because the fish would've been jealous." then I'd be making a baseless claim, like religion does.

Not everything has to have some form of "greater significance" or "deeper meaning".
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We will never actually know how and why we came to exist.

Why are you expressing certainty about this?

Can you predict the future?
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You could be right, but I remember that the consensus was that we wasted them. I could be wrong, but here's at least one source:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/5972268/Neanderthals-may-have-been-killed-off-by-modern-humans.html

It is a fact that we evolve.

consensus and fact are two different things altogether. like they was a consensus that black slaves were not human for 500 years but in fact they were human with feelings
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No, my answer asserts nothing; since it is a fact mollusks can't fly, it is true that "that's not how things turned out". Now if I were to say "Mollusks can't fly, because the fish would've been jealous." then I'd be making a baseless claim, like religion does.

Not everything has to have some form of "greater significance" or "deeper meaning".

but tomorrow they may discover that mollusks did in fact fly.
This discussion has been closed.