Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

Options

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How? How? Lol

At the end of the day, our convo stops here

Its a reason why 16 nggas is browsin, and aint nobody sayin ? Lol

How can eveything..everything...be explained??

How can there be no origin???

Im 'stupid' for askin, yet there are entire college courses based on this premise.

But enjoy sittin on your high horse...i let a man be what he thinks he is.
    Muthafukka I told u there were college courses on the subject and I wasnt the one u should be asking and that I could only give you basic info.

THis whoel thread started on the origins of HUMAN LIFE and whether EVOLUTION was real.

Not the origins of the universe. Dont try to change the subject now.

U went on a tangent about "ok well how did that get there....ok well where did that come from.....ok then where did that come from after it came from that?"

BUt meanwhile u believe in ? but dont realize you have to ask...SO WHERE DID ? COME FROM? OK THEN WHERE DID THE THING THAT MADE ? COME FROM....

For ? sake.

I think u need to come to grips with a possibility u havent explored......

[Dramatic Matrix Music] Its all a cycle...Time (origin/beginning/end) is, like ? , a human invention....THERE IS NO SPOON.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Dude, I know what you're saying. For the thousanth time I get where you're coming from.

All chemicals come from the creation of the universe. STAR DUST (which BTW is not REAL DUST). Gravity bonds these things and depending on how they're bonded different chemicals form.

Now your going to ask me...OK so where di the sta dust come from? STARS

Where did the Stars come from? CHemicals? Where did the chemicals come from? STARDUST....

Where did the star dust come from? STARS

They call it the circle of life for a reason. Humans arent the only thngs that evolve...the universe does to.

The circle of life...youve been specific for 10 posts, now when it gets FINITE...

Its the circle of life???

Im the oNLY one seeing this??? lmao Cool
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i have a question, if no dino fossils were ever found but it was told to u that giant creatures roamed the earth millions of years ago, wud u say " hell nah, there were no 20 foot monsters w/ little arms walking around ever, thats absurd" my point is yall make everything seems so completely ubelievable ("giant man in the sky in a cloud"), just because of how it sounds and looks from your point of view. and why do athists feel so offended by religion? if u don't believe then don't believe, that simple. yall stay talkin down and being condescending to believers yet there's alot worse u cud be angry at. i don't get it. and this is coming from someone who isn't even a real christian or "saved" as one might put it. i believe but im in between right now.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i have a question, if no dino fossils were ever found but it was told to u that giant creatures roamed the earth millions of years ago, wud u say " hell nah, there were no 20 foot monsters w/ little arms walking around ever, thats absurd" my point is yall make everything seems so completely ubelievable ("giant man in the sky in a cloud"), just because of how it sounds and looks from your point of view. and why do athists feel so offended by religion? if u don't believe then don't believe, that simple. yall stay talkin down and being condescending to believers yet there's alot worse u cud be angry at. i don't get it. and this is coming from someone who isn't even a real christian or "saved" as one might put it. i believe but im in between right now.

I would probably say "hell no", but I wouldn't say that it was absurd. There are ginat creatures that roam the earth now, so I woildn't say it's impossible.

The fact that there are large creatures that exist in Earth now, would let me know that it's not an impossibility, which is different than some all powerful magical being existing out of know where.
  • lighthearted25
    edited February 2011
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    I would probably say "hell no", but I wouldn't say that it was absurd. There are ginat creatures that roam the earth now, so I woildn't say it's impossible.

The fact that there are large creatures that exist in Earth now, would let me know that it's not an impossibility, which is different than some all powerful magical being existing out of know where.

okay but alot of non believers have the"if there's no evidence then i don't believe it" attitude and just like everything else in life , you don't always have proof. but u made a valid point about there being large animals today. but if no fossils were ever found im sure some people in this thread woul say they never existed.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I always make these in batches of four:
    OKAGt.jpg
    ojwGu.jpg
    KceMu.jpg
    eChOS.jpg
  • glowy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    okay but alot of non believers have the"if there's no evidence then i don't believe it" attitude and just like everything else in life , you don't always have proof. but u made a valid point about there being large animals today. but if no fossils were ever found im sure some people in this thread woul say they never existed.

But if we start accepting things with no evidence, that leaves us open to an infinite amount of things we would have to accept.

If people were to start accepting things that have no evidence to back it up, we would have to be accepting of every single point of view/idea anyone could come up with unless it can be proved to be false.

That's why a lot of people use the "prove to me a pink invisible Unicorn didn't create the universe" argument.
  • lighthearted25
    edited February 2011
    Options
    But if we start accepting things with no evidence, that leaves us open to an infinite amount of things we would have to accept.

If people were to start accepting things that have no evidence to back it up, we would have to be accepting of every single point of view/idea anyone could come up with unless it can be proved to be false.

That's why a lot of people use the "prove to me a pink invisible Unicorn didn't create the universe" argument.

but thats the thing, u don't have to believe or accept anything. i don't get wickens at all but if u wanna believe in talking flowers or whatever the hell they believe in then more power to you. its only when u are an extremist that it affects you really and that can be w/ any ideal or belief, not just religion.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    edited February 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    The second you stop insulting my intelligence this will be done with.
    I will probably never stop doing that.
    Something has to be first.
    I'll skip to this since it is the only thing you actually want to talk about. As you've repeatedly said, you're not interested in any of the answers to the scientific questions you've asked. You want a solid answer to the philosophical problem of the existence of existence itself.
    Do you know what circular cause and consequence is? lol Ill wait for you to google it.
    Didn't have to. I'm a philosophy major.
    You cant escape it.
    You have not yet supported that assertion, but the whole of your argument depends on it.

You are repeatedly straw-manning me and Darc by saying that we are proposing that EVERYTHING can be known through science. Neither of us has ever made this claim.

As Darc said, no human being currently knows how existence came to exist (if it ever did not exist, that is) and it is perfectly alright to ADMIT that we don't know that.

But you are unable to do that. You are unsatisfied. You demand that we jump to a conclusion immediately.

And the conclusion you choose is that a MAGICAL SUPER DUPER POWERFUL PERSON decided that the universe should exist.

And when asked who then created this ? , you say he did not need to be created.

Well then... why did the universe need to be created if it is possible for things to not need to be created?

It is ridiculous that you actually think "magic" is a good answer to this problem, and I will never stop mocking you for it.
  • glowy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    but thats the thing, u don't have to believe or accept anything. i don't get wickens at all but if u wanna believe in talking flowers or whatever the hell they believe in then more power to you. its only when u are an extremist that it affects you really and that can be w/ any ideal or belief, not just religion.

Normally I have no problem, nor care what people believe, but keep in mind, the reason this thread was started in the first place was because of people like Steve Harvey. Sadly, meany religious people hold the same views as Steve Harvey. As a result people speak out against those type of people, and their beliefs.

Other than that, it's natural for me to speak up, or throw in a comment when someone is talking about ? , and how Science doesn't make any sense. I just think it's a natural thing for people with opposing views to clash.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's a strong "if". Without any form of fossil evidence, (footprints, bones, even teethmarks on other animals' bones), there'd be no way of knowing dinosaurs--which predate humans--existed. Fossils are how humans found out about them in the first place. So if someone made the (would be) baseless statement that "I think, that around a couple hundred million years ago, there were massive reptilian animals that roamed the Earth.", I'd have no reason to believe them.

As is often the case with people feeling offended by something, atheists are often offended by religion because they feel it affects them negatively. And in many ways, it does.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's a strong "if". Without any form of fossil evidence, (footprints, bones, even teethmarks on other animals' bones), there'd be no way of knowing dinosaurs--which predate humans--existed. Fossils are how humans found out about them in the first place. So if someone made the (would be) baseless statement that "I think, that around a couple hundred million years ago, there were massive reptilian animals that roamed the Earth.", I'd have no reason to believe them.

As is often the case with people feeling offended by something, atheists are often offended by religion because they feel it affects them negatively. And in many ways, it does.

Explain the bolded how...
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    and why do athists feel so offended by religion?

We're not offended, we're making fun of you for having an imaginary friend.

I'm offended when religious people brainwash their children, though. And I'm offended when men read the Bible and the Qoran and then they say "Well, these books EXPLICITLY SAY that I am in charge of you, woman." And I'm offended when the Pope in Rome and the imams in Afghanistan get away with ? CHILDREN because of their positions of religious authority. And I'm offended when people think they have the right to murder each other because they think ? commanded it. And you can see how this list can go on and on and on.

Religion has been a plague on the human race. We took a big step in the right direction when we cleaved it away from government, where it had been comfortable for so many thousands of years.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I will probably never stop doing that.

I'll skip to this since it is the only thing you actually want to talk about. As you've repeatedly said, you're not interested in any of the answers to the scientific questions you've asked. You want a solid answer to the philosophical problem of the existence of existence itself.

Didn't have to. I'm a philosophy major.

You have not yet supported that assertion, but the whole of your argument depends on it.

You are repeatedly straw-manning me and Darc by saying that we are proposing that EVERYTHING can be known through science. Neither of us has ever made this claim.

As Darc said, no human being currently knows how existence came to exist (if it ever did not exist, that is) and it is perfectly alright to ADMIT that we don't know that.

But you are unable to do that. You are unsatisfied. You demand that we jump to a conclusion immediately.

And the conclusion you choose is that a MAGICAL SUPER DUPER POWERFUL PERSON decided that the universe should exist.

And when asked who then created this ? , you say he did not need to be created.

Well then... why did the universe need to be created if it is possible for things to not need to be created?

It is ridiculous that you actually think "magic" is a good answer to this problem, and I will never stop mocking you for it.
    He's between steps #1 and #2.
    9UUZX.png
    ZodXA.png
  • lighthearted25
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We're not offended, we're making fun of you for having an imaginary friend.

I'm offended when religious people brainwash their children, though. And I'm offended when men read the Bible and the Qoran and then they say "Well, these books EXPLICITLY SAY that I am in charge of you, woman." And I'm offended when the Pope in Rome and the imams in Afghanistan get away with ? CHILDREN because of their positions of religious authority. And I'm offended when people think they have the right to murder each other because they think ? commanded it. And you can see how this list can go on and on and on.

Religion has been a plague on the human race. We took a big step in the right direction when we cleaved it away from government, where it had been comfortable for so many thousands of years.

fair enough, but i believe religion gets an unfair chunk of being the but of the joke, as if "believeing in an imaginary friend" is the funniest thing ever, never mind pedos, murderers, sociopaths, crazy people that actually cause harm to others, no, those religious people praying to a ? are definately much funnier and deserve to be ridiculed more than anyone else. everyone has different sense of humor but i just don't find worthy of expending so much energy on making fun of something and trying to debunk it every chance i get. wickens for example, they believe in some weird ? from my point of view but i still don't make fun of them and try to debate about why this isn't real and whatnot. i just don't care.
  • lighthearted25
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Normally I have no problem, nor care what people believe, but keep in mind, the reason this thread was started in the first place was because of people like Steve Harvey. Sadly, meany religious people hold the same views as Steve Harvey. As a result people speak out against those type of people, and their beliefs.

Other than that, it's natural for me to speak up, or throw in a comment when someone is talking about ? , and how Science doesn't make any sense. I just think it's a natural thing for people with opposing views to clash.

i agree w/ that, just not the making fun of part and insults.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Explain the bolded how...
    Since I can't get offended like others can, this video will suffice as a good summary:
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fair enough, but i believe religion gets an unfair chunk of being the but of the joke, as if "believeing in an imaginary friend" is the funniest thing ever, never mind pedos,
    pope_350.jpg
    murderers,
    2a40e3b1-f3a0-486e-97ec-64034045c1c8.jpg
    sociopaths,
    [IMG]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/? _at_catholic_church.jpg[/IMG]
    crazy people that actually cause harm to others,
    (this is Jonestown after everybody drank the poison kool-aid, which their religious leader Jim Jones ordered them to do)
    JonestownArielBodies.jpg

no, those religious people praying to a ? are definately much funnier and deserve to be ridiculed more than anyone else. everyone has different sense of humor but i just don't find worthy of expending so much energy on making fun of something and trying to debunk it every chance i get. wickens for example, they believe in some weird ? from my point of view but i still don't make fun of them and try to debate about why this isn't real and whatnot. i just don't care.
    So you want us to mock murderers or something?

I mean.... I guess I could do that.

But if you don't want to see people debating this subject, why don't you ? off? It's the subject of the thread. If your feelings are hurt, maybe you're not mature enough to take part in this conversation.
  • glowy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i agree w/ that, just not the making fun of part and insults.

The thing about that is...

Well, just to be brutally honest, that's kind of hard.

A lot view belief in ? as equivalent to belief of Santa Claus, or something like that.

If this compensates for anything, I tell people in real life that I'm a Christian, and everything's peachy. :)

But seeing how a lot of religious people will treat atheist, I don't feel bad at all for making fun of them. (religious people) I'd do much more than make fun of them if I could.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Might as well drop the last of the OC:
    s6m59.jpg
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Might as well drop the last of the OC:
    s6m59.jpg
    And the rest, copypasta:
    kjhuQ.jpg
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    The circle of life...youve been specific for 10 posts, now when it gets FINITE...

Its the circle of life???

Im the oNLY one seeing this??? lmao Cool
    U forgot my other posts. A circle is never ending. IM not saying that it is FACTUAL that its the circle of life. Im saying based on the info we have now...it seems as if it's just the natural order of things. Once something occurs in nature. It is no longer supernatural.

U cant say the universe is of the super natural....when its actually a larger part of nature. Nothing super about life. Its just one of many phenomena of our universe.

When we answer a complicated question, you want a simplified answer (GET TO THE CRUX!)

When we give you a simplified answer you get offended because it's not complicated enough
    (OK THEN WHERE DID THE CHEMICALS COME FROM!?)
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lighthearted clearly doesn't understand how religious fanaticism throughout human history affects our lives today
This discussion has been closed.