Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

Options

Comments

• -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Damn, It's blocked in my country.

I can't stande Steve Harvey.
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lighthearted clearly doesn't understand how religious fanaticism throughout human history affects our lives today

thats the key word though
    glowy wrote: »
    The thing about that is...

Well, just to be brutally honest, that's kind of hard.

A lot view belief in ? as equivalent to belief of Santa Claus, or something like that.

If this compensates for anything, I tell people in real life that I'm a Christian, and everything's peachy. :)

But seeing how a lot of religious people will treat atheist, I don't feel bad at all for making fun of them. (religious people) I'd do much more than make fun of them if I could.

some religious people do look down on atheists instead of just debating their views w/o name calling and things like that, its not right no matter who does it.
    pope_350.jpg

2a40e3b1-f3a0-486e-97ec-64034045c1c8.jpg

(this is Jonestown after everybody drank the poison kool-aid, which their religious leader Jim Jones ordered them to do)
    JonestownArielBodies.jpg

So you want us to mock murderers or something?

I mean.... I guess I could do that.

But if you don't want to see people debating this subject, why don't you ? off? It's the subject of the thread. If your feelings are hurt, maybe you're not mature enough to take part in this conversation.

all this proves is that there are just as many crazy religious people as there are crazy atheists. i guess i should group all atheists as murderes and such because somewhre out there, there has been a horrible crime committed by an atheist.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    we didnt come from monkeys,so youre saying adam and eve were monkeys?they were the first human beings
  • BReddy2
    BReddy2 Confirm Email Posts: 585
    edited February 2011
    Options
    thread starter lost millions of years ago
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    we didnt come from monkeys,so youre saying adam and eve were monkeys?they were the first human beings

I don't know if this is a joke, or serious.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    thats the key word though

some religious people do look down on atheists instead of just debating their views w/o name calling and things like that, its not right no matter who does it.

all this proves is that there are just as many crazy religious people as there are crazy atheists. i guess i should group all atheists as murderes and such because somewhre out there, there has been a horrible crime committed by an atheist.
    Religion is the reason we thought the world was flat, lighting was ? 's anger and the sun was ? 's eye. Religion has gotten people killed for being smart and stubbed scientific growth. The Islamic world is in turmoil because of their insistence on focusing on religion instead of science. Kids read from the Koran and thats it.

For thousands of years Science was stumped by religion and our knowledge of the "heavens" was pushed back who knows how many thousands of years because the church was killing off anybody who dared question religion.

So religion has had a negative affect on people in that is quells knowledge and disparages people who question it. Because they know if you question religion you start to realize its not all it's cracked up to be. The only way human beings got to know as much as we do is because we stopped being so religious.
    I don't know if this is a joke, or serious.
    Im just afraid to ask :(
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    in the words of a typical IC poster: "Cleveland stay losing."
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    all this proves is that there are just as many crazy religious people as there are crazy atheists.
    How does posting four pictures of famously crazy religious people (you edited ? out for some reason, but he was Christian) prove that there are any crazy atheists?
    i guess i should group all atheists as murderes and such because somewhre out there, there has been a horrible crime committed by an atheist.
    1. I didn't do that. All I did was post great examples of pedos, murderers, sociopaths, and those who cause harm... and are religious. (and whose religion plays a VITAL role in their crazy behavior)

2. Show me a group of people consisting of an atheist ? , an atheist murderer, an atheist sociopath, and an atheist who has caused harm to others that can compete on same level of craziness with the four people I posted.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Might as well drop the last of the OC:
    s6m59.jpg

if he only knew...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How does posting four pictures of famously crazy religious people (you edited ? out for some reason, but he was Christian) prove that there are any crazy atheists?

1. I didn't do that. All I did was post great examples of pedos, murderers, sociopaths, and those who cause harm... and are religious. (and whose religion plays a VITAL role in their crazy behavior)

2. Show me a group of people consisting of an atheist ? , an atheist murderer, an atheist sociopath, and an atheist who has caused harm to others that can compete on same level of craziness with the four people I posted.

PolPot.jpg

Pol ?

kimjongil.jpg?w=278&h=350

Kim Jong Il

jeffrey_dahmer.jpg?w=400&h=283

Jeffery Dahmer, murdering cannibal and necrophiliac.

kinsey_a_01.jpg?w=243&h=350

Even though Alfred Kinsey broke ground on human sexuality, he also exploited children for sex...? much?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pol ? believed in magic.

Mao killed most of his victims by being dumb and thinking you could triple your crops by planting three times the number of seeds in the same area of land. (pro tip: this does not work)

Dahmer killed 17 people. He's not seeing Bin Laden, ? , Jim Jones, or probably even the Pope.

Alfred Kinsey touched the kids, but he did not have a worldwide network of priests covering it up for centuries.

So not only could you not even name 4 atheists, you couldn't find any number that could match the insanity caused by the 4 religious examples I gave.

Nas Lost.

edit: my bad, thats kim jong il, not Mao. Anyway, Kim Jong Il is the leader of Korea's national religion, where his dead dad is still the divine leader of the country and he's the holy second in command. Fail.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pol ? believed in magic.

Mao killed most of his victims by being dumb and thinking you could triple your crops by planting three times the number of seeds in the same area of land. (pro tip: this does not work)

Dahmer killed 17 people. He's not seeing Bin Laden, ? , Jim Jones, or probably even the Pope.

Alfred Kinsey touched the kids, but he did not have a worldwide network of priests covering it up for centuries.

So not only could you not even name 4 atheists, you couldn't find any number that could match the insanity caused by the 4 religious examples I gave.

Nas Lost.

edit: my bad, thats kim jong il, not Mao. Anyway, Kim Jong Il is the leader of Korea's national religion, where his dead dad is still the divine leader of the country and he's the holy second in command. Fail.

All of them are atheists... Kim Jong and Pol ? were/are known for their ? ' lunacy. Pol ? under his rule and attempts to "cleanse" the country resulted in 2.5 million deaths and Kim Jong under his killed 4 million and trust to have a nuclear reactor..itching to blow ? up.

Jeffrey Dahmer actually said in an interview: “If a person doesn’t think that there is a ? to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?"

It's true what you said about the Catholic priests covering, but Kinsey was still an atheistic ? .

Well............?
  • BigMeatball
    BigMeatball Members Posts: 390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @ktulu You choose to believe a scientist. Cool. I'm not arrogant enough to think that if I can't understand it, then it must not be possible. Since you can prove how things came to be, prove it. YOU prove it, don't tell me what another man said. If you do, then you're just as stupid as the christians that believe what they can't prove. One question. Explain space. Outer space. Tell me how can outer space be possible. Explain how can there be a big open space that goes on forever, but there's no ? . Where does gravity come from? When did it start and what happened before that? There is always one more question that can't be answered.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    All of them are atheists...
    You're just incorrect about that. Pol ? believed in the supernatural powers of the temples of his country. Kim Jong Il deified his own father and attributes all kinds of miracles to his divine power. North Korea is the most religiously brainwashed country on Earth.
    Pol ? under his rule and attempts to "cleanse" the country resulted in 2.5 million deaths
    ? said "I believe I am doing the work of almighty ? " on PAGE ONE of his autobiography and killed more than twice as many people of just one particular group he hated compared to Pol ? 's entire bodycount. All in all, ? (and his armies, which were mostly Catholic) killed something like 25 million people.

The only SS officer to get kicked out for having a different view on religion was a guy who married a Protestant and wouldn't repent for it.
    Jeffrey Dahmer actually said in an interview: “If a person doesn’t think that there is a ? to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?"
    So you're going to accept the argument of a certifiably manic serial killer?

Word?

I guess that makes sense, since the ? you believe in supposedly ordered his chosen people to ? every man, woman, and child in their "promised land."
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    One question. Explain space.

Usually when I type "LOL" I am not really laughing out loud.

But this time, I did.

LOL
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited February 2011
    Options
    In my opinion, that i know doesnt matter, i think religion was used as a way to explain the world and why things were why. Then the smart people were born and began talking science and logic as well as reason. But religion was a cash cow. it was money in that ? as well as ways to control entire populations for centuries. Why give all that up?

The same thing that is controlling you today. Having you call another man your "pastor," which means he controls the sheep. you cant be a person, you gotta be a sheep. and you take it. cuz u wuz raised lik dat. (google "the great awakening" and you will know why you get preached to like you aint nothing but a demon/animal")(Black people, google the 2nd GREAT AWAKENING LOL)

Say what you want about the love of ? but He still allows little babies to be ? in the butt.

"Oh, but the devil does that."

"But if your ? was stronger, wouldnt he fight him on that? i mean, u love babies and your love ? . you have morals and religion as well as the sensibility to know right and wrong. Doth He who is called I Am?

Dont get me wrong. I love ? . Why? because he keeps you fools and idiots in check. Just picture a world where the idiots thought that they could do whatever they damn well pleased because aint no such thing as hell. If we think the world is crazy now, times that by 1000. So i love ? . ? is good. ? keeps me and mine safe. And its a blessing.

"Let a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me. Because i live, ye shall live also."
    -jesus-

(take that ktulu.)
  • BigMeatball
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Usually when I type "LOL" I am not really laughing out loud.

But this time, I did.

LOL
    Once you finish laughing, answer the question. I'll wait. If you don't, or can't, then ? .
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You're just incorrect about that. Pol ? believed in the supernatural powers of the temples of his country. Kim Jong Il deified his own father and attributes all kinds of miracles to his divine power. North Korea is the most religiously brainwashed country on Earth.

? said "I believe I am doing the work of almighty ? " on PAGE ONE of his autobiography and killed more than twice as many people of just one particular group he hated compared to Pol ? 's entire bodycount. All in all, ? (and his armies, which were mostly Catholic) killed something like 25 million people.

The only SS officer to get kicked out for having a different view on religion was a guy who married a Protestant and wouldn't repent for it.

So you're going to accept the argument of a certifiably manic serial killer?

Word?

I guess that makes sense, since the ? you believe in supposedly ordered his chosen people to ? every man, woman, and child in their "promised land."

Even though Pol ? 's and Jong's body count doesn't compare to Hitl...wait a minute..you actually think ? was a Christian? LMAO...that was some funny ? . ? wasn't a Christian like he had everyone to assume in his autobiography.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Once you finish laughing, answer the question. I'll wait. If you don't, or can't, then ? .

I feel bad for you because you probably had a very ? education down there in Nawlens and you honestly just haven't been taught these basic things about science.

Do you have any libraries down there or did they all get washed away?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wait a minute..you actually think ? was a Christian?
    Who was the first foreign power the Nazis signed a treaty with? The Vatican.

What was stamped on the belt buckle of every SS soldier? "GOT MITT UNS" (? is with us)

Which religion did ? constantly refer to as the backbone of Germany? Christianity.
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited February 2011
    Options
    In my opinion, that i know doesnt matter, i think religion was used as a way to explain the world and why things were why. Then the smart people were born and began talking science and logic as well as reason. But religion was a cash cow. it was money in that ? as well as ways to control entire populations for centuries. Why give all that up?

The same thing that is controlling you today. Having you call another man your "pastor," which means he controls the sheep. you cant be a person, you gotta be a sheep. and you take it. cuz u wuz raised lik dat. (google "the great awakening" and you will know why you get preached to like you aint nothing but a demon/animal")(Black people, google the 2nd GREAT AWAKENING LOL)

Say what you want about the love of ? but He still allows little babies to be ? in the butt.

"Oh, but the devil does that."

"But if your ? was stronger, wouldnt he fight him on that? i mean, u love babies and you love ? . you have morals and religion as well as the sensibility to know right and wrong. Doth He who is called I Am?

Dont get me wrong. I love ? . Why? because he keeps you fools and idiots in check. Just picture a world where the idiots thought that they could do whatever they damn well pleased because aint no such thing as hell. If we think the world is crazy now, times that by 1000. So i love ? . ? is good. ? keeps me and mine safe. And its a blessing.

"Let a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me. Because i live, ye shall live also."
    -jesus-

(take that ktulu.)

*edited*
  • BigMeatball
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I feel bad for you because you probably had a very ? education down there in Nawlens and you honestly just haven't been taught these basic things about science.

Do you have any libraries down there or did they all get washed away?

Yes, all of the libraries are somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. So, please bless me with your superior acuity and explain. You believe in something you read, but can't prove......... so do I. We just read different books.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes, all of the libraries are somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. So, please bless me with your superior acuity and please explain. You believe in something you read, but can't prove......... so do I. We just read different books.

Difference is, the ideas in my books are backed up by evidence collected from the real world and you can verify this yourself by examining the source material.

You can buy a cheap telescope for probably $40 and look up into the night sky and see that space really is there.

Your book is about magic and other ? that you "just have to believe."

Beliefs based in evidence and logic are superior to beliefs based in superstition, tradition, fear, etc.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @ktulu You choose to believe a scientist. Cool. I'm not arrogant enough to think that if I can't understand it, then it must not be possible. Since you can prove how things came to be, prove it. YOU prove it, don't tell me what another man said. If you do, then you're just as stupid as the christians that believe what they can't prove. One question. Explain space. Outer space. Tell me how can outer space be possible. Explain how can there be a big open space that goes on forever, but there's no ? . Where does gravity come from? When did it start and what happened before that? There is always one more question that can't be answered.
    A great example of phase #2:
    fiat_money wrote: »
    ZodXA.png
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Difference is, the ideas in my books are backed up by evidence collected from the real world and you can verify this yourself by examining the source material.

You can buy a cheap telescope for probably $40 and look up into the night sky and see that space really is there.

Your book is about magic and other ? that you "just have to believe."

Beliefs based in evidence and logic are superior to beliefs based in superstition, tradition, fear, etc.

When you have facts, you don't need faith.
This discussion has been closed.