Happy 14th Birthday "Life After Death", does this album ever get old????

Options

Comments

• darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    juelz21 wrote: »
    man shut the fukk up im a biggie and pac fan just because i think pac is the goat it don't mean i don't or can't like biggie just because i don' ride biggie ? like u do it don't mean im hating on him now shut the ? up.

This is proving to me that you're an ignorant with your post.

Especially you said I ride Biggie ? , I think you spoke to wrong person and I think this meant to Rapmastermind and how funny when you said that because it's no question that you're a 2Pac dickider.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You are so ? stupid.

Double Plat...WOO HOO!! A New York rapper finally sold some records...13 years ago when they had their rare spurts of being relevant.

It's not rare for Piggie to do what he did because:

1. He was at the peak of his career when he died.
    2. The album dropped about two weeks after he died so of course it would sell crazy. They did it to support his fat ass.
    3. He only had two albums to choose from like I said. So most of the sales would obviously go to his later album just like Pac.

Let's look at overall album sales though:

Pac 75+ Million
    Biggie 38 Million
    lol I rest my case.

? ass comparison, Pac has a couple more albums than BIG, why would you even cite numbers? LAD has soldd more than any Pac album.
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I didn't say anything about Eazy E...

my bad but that was stupid what u said about l and pun.
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »
    This is proving to me that you're an ignorant with your post.

Especially you said I ride Biggie ? , I think you spoke to wrong person and I think this meant to Rapmastermind and how funny when you said that because it's no question that you're a 2Pac dickider.

lmao at u having a dead man ? in your ass.
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    ? ass comparison, Pac has a couple more albums than BIG, why would you even cite numbers? LAD has soldd more than any Pac album.
    all eyez on me alone sold more then life after death to compare pac to biggie just on sales alone is just stupid and does'nt make any sense like shut up makaveli25.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    pac stans and ny haters couldnt avoid this thread...? was calling them...lol....nonetheless....classic ? , hate it all y'all want
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Those tags are ? hilarous
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Those tags are ? hilarous

dont encourage them.
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »

But it's fair to talk about Biggie going Diamond when he didn't have as wide of a selection as Pac did, right?

Not to mention that he really only sold 5x Plat but they double the total sales since it's a double disc.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You are so ? stupid.

Double Plat...WOO HOO!! A New York rapper finally sold some records...13 years ago when they had their rare spurts of being relevant.

It's not rare for Piggie to do what he did because:

1. He was at the peak of his career when he died.
    2. The album dropped about two weeks after he died so of course it would sell crazy. They did it to support his fat ass.
    3. He only had two albums to choose from like I said. So most of the sales would obviously go to his later album just like Pac.

Let's look at overall album sales though:

Pac 75+ Million
    Biggie 38 Million

lol I rest my case.

LOL, Biggie sold 30 Million Albums Worldwide off 2 LP's and 2 cut and paste LP of verses people already heard and you are still in denial why he's one of the greatest artist of all time?. Pac sold 75 Million off over 10 LP's, Biggie only had 4 and got to near half of that. Here's a lesson for you. Quality over quantity. Biggie sold half of basically Pac and Eminem and 20 million Less than Jay Z with again 2 LP's and 2 cut and paste albums. That's impact. Biggie joins Legendary artist like Nirvana and Jimi Hendrix to have massive impact with limited material:

Jimi Hendrix - 3 LP's
    Nirvana - 3 LP's
    Biggie - 2 LP's (3 Disc worth of Material on those LP's.)
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL, Biggie sold 30 Million Albums Worldwide off 2 LP's and 2 cut and paste LP of verses people already heard and you are still in denial why he's one of the greatest artist of all time?. Pac sold 75 Million off over 10 LP's, Biggie only had 4 and got to near half of that. Here's a lesson for you. Quality over quantity. Biggie sold half of basically Pac and Eminem and 20 million Less than Jay Z with again 2 LP's and 2 cut and paste albums. That's impact. Biggie joins Legendary artist like Nirvana and Jimi Hendrix to have massive impact with limited material:

Jimi Hendrix - 3 LP's
    Nirvana - 3 LP's

You're dumb af brah.

Pac would have still sold more than Biggie if he had the same amount of albums. Only reason Biggie had the impact he had was cause of Pac beefing with him.

Pac is a worldwide icon. Biggie...not so much outside of NY. Only time I hear ? ? with his ? was when his movie came out.

I'm done with you Biggie stans lol. My head is hrting me going back and forth with you clowns.
  • juelz21
    edited March 2011
    Options

Jimi Hendrix - 3 LP's
    Nirvana - 3 LP's

mann u most def a big dickrider u a delusional biggie fan u not gonna win this debate by comparing biggie to pac sales wise pac sold more when they alive and he sold more dead he had more impact then biggie period.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're dumb af brah.

Pac would have still sold more than Biggie if he had the same amount of albums. Only reason Biggie had the impact he had was cause of Pac beefing with him.

Pac is a worldwide icon. Biggie...not so much outside of NY. Only time I hear ? ? with his ? was when his movie came out.

I'm done with you Biggie stans lol. My head is hrting me going back and forth with you clowns.

LOL @ Biggie is only loved in NY, you don't sell 30 Million WORLD WIDE and be loved in one place. But yes Biggie is a New York Icon and guest what, NYC is the Birthplace of Hip Hop and one of the biggest most popular cities in the world so the fact Biggie is beloved here only makes his legacy even bigger. Biggie was a WORLDWIDE trending topic on Twitter this month. LOL @ people thinking only New Yorkers love Biggie, some of you are really delusional at this point. Biggie loved all over the world. His movie made about 50 Million worldwide, that's pretty good for a rapper with only 2 albums. Biggie Producer (Diddy) and #1 Disciple (Jay Z) Top Forbes as Hip Hop most lucrative Business men. Both of their successes have had connections to Biggie Legacy. "Life After Death" was the 1st Multi-Platinum album Jay Z ever appeared on. Jay can also thank his 5 Million fanbase boost from Vol 1 to Hard Knock Life to a lot of Biggie fans drifting to him after Big's death.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I usually lean toward disc two with the more grimey ? but both were dope. ? was classic.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    wu tang forever>LAD
    art of war>LAD
    Tru 2 Da Game>LAD
    AEOM>LAD

what so called bangers are on this boring ass album again?

ROFL @ this ? ......none of its true.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I usually lean toward disc two with the more grimey ? but both were dope. ? was classic.

Notorious Thugs, Miss U, Going Back To Cali, 10 ? Commandments, Sky's The Limit, The World Is Filled, My Downfall, Long Kiss Goodnight, Your Nobody till Somebody Kills U. That's 9 Certified ILL tracks on Disc 2. I think Disc 2 does have the weaker songs on LAD overall and Disc 1 had less filler but Disc 2 still had a lot of bangers on it. I'm shocked it didn't get any votes in this poll. That album starts with Notorious Thugs and ends with Your Nobody till somebody Kills U. Damn.
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    damn folks need to get over that Pac and BIG Beef for real i mean both of the brothers died over that ? ..and as a huge Pac fan i dont have any problems admitting that BIG was one of the greatest MCs ever.... period! Even Pac thought that...he loved the man to death everyone will tell you that, thats why he was so hurt after what happend at quad studios in 1994...Give credit where credit is due Ready To Die and LAD are both classic albums.

RIP TO BIG, PAC AND YAK
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • a_list
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL @ Biggie is only loved in NY, you don't sell 30 Million WORLD WIDE and be loved in one place. But yes Biggie is a New York Icon and guest what, NYC is the Birthplace of Hip Hop and one of the biggest most popular cities in the world so the fact Biggie is beloved here only makes his legacy even bigger. Biggie was a WORLDWIDE trending topic on Twitter this month. LOL @ people thinking only New Yorkers love Biggie, some of you are really delusional at this point. Biggie loved all over the world. His movie made about 50 Million worldwide, that's pretty good for a rapper with only 2 albums. Biggie Producer (Diddy) and #1 Disciple (Jay Z) Top Forbes as Hip Hop most lucrative Business men. Both of their successes have had connections to Biggie Legacy. "Life After Death" was the 1st Multi-Platinum album Jay Z ever appeared on. Jay can also thank his 5 Million fanbase boost from Vol 1 to Hard Knock Life to a lot of Biggie fans drifting to him after Big's death.

This seems to be some ? that people say to try to discredit eastcoast cats....some cat said that Ja Rule selling 3 mill domestically was local, while rick ross selling barely gold is nation wide lol
  • slugproof
    slugproof Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're dumb af brah.

How much did Pac sell before his beef with Biggie? Me Against The World was his first album to go double platinum. This coincides with his jail sentence/beef with Biggie. The 2 albums before that, one failed to go platinum and the other I believe wasn't platinum until later.

Biggie though, even before his beef with Pac, went platinum off Ready To Die.

So your statement, is false. You could say that the beef impacted Pac's sales more so than Biggie.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »
    Randy Badazz Alpert - "When I first met Biggie before they recorded Hypnotize he played me a demo version with him doing the girl's part. I still have that cassette demo and it's definitely a classic piece of rap history."

I would love to hear this demo where Biggie was doing the girl's part.

lol..........
  • slugproof
    slugproof Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? Bleed might be the most descriptive story in rap history. Pictures painted in that song is just crazy. Big definitely had a lot of creativity.
  • a_list
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cosign this pac fans hate biggie cuz they know pac is inferior,just look at this board

Pac fans remind me of kobe fans when it comes to MJ,they have resentment towards mike cuz mj is that cat that will always be in the way and kobe will never be considered better than

not only that, but they hate biggie because pac hated him...that amazes me because none of these ? knew pac...lol
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    slugproof wrote: »
    How much did Pac sell before his beef with Biggie? Me Against The World was his first album to go double platinum. This coincides with his jail sentence/beef with Biggie. The 2 albums before that, one failed to go platinum and the other I believe wasn't platinum until later.

Biggie though, even before his beef with Pac, went platinum off Ready To Die.

So your statement, is false. You could say that the beef impacted Pac's sales more so than Biggie.

'Strictly 4 My ? ' went platinum and had two top 10 songs on the pop charts.

And 'Dear Mama' was the biggest reason MATW was a success and it had nothing to do with jail or beef. Matter of fact, Pac's interview with Vibe didnt even come out til after MATW was released.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL @ "Nobody Bumps This" cause albums that go DIAMOND sit on shelves and collect dust, lol. It's 14 years later and people talk about how they will never get tired of this masterpiece. "LAD" Singles still get play till this day. And I already discussed this in another thread, Why did "LAD" get certified Diamond before "AEOM"??? hmmmmmmmmmm.

60,000 people rapping word for word "Mo Money, Mo Problems" yet nobody bumps this?, LOL.

but wasnt LAD counted as two sales unlike AEOM which was counted as 1 sale because the laws on double discs were sketchy at the time..and when biggy dropped lad they began counting double lps as two sales...

so pac sold 5 mil in 3 months , which if had been counted as two he wud have done 10 mil...
This discussion has been closed.