Happy 14th Birthday "Life After Death", does this album ever get old????

Options

Comments

• thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    slugproof wrote: »
    How much did Pac sell before his beef with Biggie? Me Against The World was his first album to go double platinum. This coincides with his jail sentence/beef with Biggie. The 2 albums before that, one failed to go platinum and the other I believe wasn't platinum until later.

Biggie though, even before his beef with Pac, went platinum off Ready To Die.

So your statement, is false. You could say that the beef impacted Pac's sales more so than Biggie.

the fact that pacs MATW is considered a classic for it's MUSIC and that Pac changed his style voids any point ur trying to make in terms of sales....the album deserved to sell more just off the music....

pac did go plat with SFMN, he also had two gold singles....

Pac and controversy went hand in hand, it goes back to his first album which caught national attention after cop killings which were blamed on the album....and that album never sold a mil....controversy only takes u so far

Whatever you want to say about Pac, he made great music, which is still bumped in 2011, the controversy has gone, the music lives and it's still selling in 2011.

Beef also did help BIGGY's second album sales as did death, does that make it a wack album? no, LAD is still a a classic.
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    'Strictly 4 My ? ' went platinum and had two top 10 songs on the pop charts.

And 'Dear Mama' was the biggest reason MATW was a success and it had nothing to do with jail or beef. Matter of fact, Pac's interview with Vibe didnt even come out til after MATW was released.

and a gold record with 2pacalypse now and a gold record with the thug life album he was sucessful
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cosign this pac fans hate biggie cuz they know pac is inferior,just look at this board

Pac fans remind me of kobe fans when it comes to MJ,they have resentment towards mike cuz mj is that cat that will always be in the way and kobe will never be considered better than

im not going to get into an arguement with you but im pretty sure in your analogy pac is considered mj......im pretty sure rapmastermind can agree with that also even though he thinks biggie is better
  • thesynthesis
    edited March 2011
    Options
    arguing with tommy is a waste of time, ? ?

i stopped taking notice of him a while back,

? just a troll,

skip over his posts my ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    arguing with tommy is a waste of time, ? ?

i stopped taking notice of him a while back,

? just a troll,

skip over his posts my ?
    ? , you a troll your self.
  • thesynthesis
    edited March 2011
    Options
    just skip the post my ? ^
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Solid album. I own it, but I always overlook it when it come to it being played these days.

It was def hot though in '97.
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can't believe this stan put Biggie in the same list as the Beatles and Micahel jackson.

Fact is Pac sold more OVERALL than Biggie.

? what one album sold.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    arguably the best double albums ever
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    IS the best double album ever.
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If no other double disc album was ever made.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I been bumping this ? a lot myself lately and IMO it's the GOAT double album in hip-hop history. I remember my older brother went out & copped it the day it dropped...it still sounds as fresh as it did then
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This album never gets old. Even the songs I didnt like when it first came out have grown on me.

Big went off on this track.

Then Lil Kim came in and tore it down.
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This album never gets old. Even the songs I didnt like when it first came out have grown on me.

Big went off on this track.

Then Lil Kim came in and tore it down.
    that's the one of the wackest tracks on the album.
  • ustreet_monsta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Your one of the wackest posters in the Reason.

1-1
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Some "Life After Death" Tributes:

Styles P - Kick In Door

LA The Darkman and Willie The Kid - I Love The Dough

Lil Cease and Cardan - 10 ? Commandments
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options
    music_036.jpg

3 classic singles.
  • rapmastermind
    edited March 2011
    Options

Bobby Caldwell - My Flame (Sky's The Limit Sample) - Classic Song

"Your Nobody Till Somebody Kills You" (Original Version) - Those Strings, damn

"I Got A Story To Tell" (Original Version)
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ready to Die is one of the greatest albums ever, but Life After Death is so hyped up, I'm starting to think it might be the most overrated legitimate rap album ever. It's pretty good but plenty of songs specially in disc 2 are wack. And sometimes the production is way too poppy for me to be interested in listening. Plenty of better albums I've heard but LAD is still a 4/5 which speaks heaps.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    ? all you johnny come lately LAD dickriders. yall dont know ? about 97 to even call this album a classic. quick question. how is it a classic when all you ? in here woofing about disc 1 better than disc 2. AEOM can play straight through. WTF can play straight through. Tru 2 Da Game can play straight through. i dont care about no diamond certification or no #1 singles because the album is fuled by full samples of previous funk hits. LAD was nothing but a double disk of 80s funk karaoke and adlib style. none of the hooks on the albuim were original. everything was bitten. so ? no this album wasnt classic in 97. dont mention LAD in the same breath with War Report. hell no LAD aint ? with wu tang forever. hell no LAD aint ? with Silent Weapons. LAD cant even compare to Harlem World. LAD damn sure aint harder than Chapter 1 or Tru 2 Da Game. just cause the ? dead dont mean we gotta hold this ? up like a beacon. nate dogg died. i havent read one g funk classics 13th anniversary does this album get old thread from you. ? sit here and talk about whats your phone number. no album with garbage ass songs like another ? and nasty boy can be called a classic. what about that tone deaf player hater song. ghost just showed delphonics crazy love on ironman with a actual hook from them. biggie ? all over one of the greatest soul tracks with him cease and puff having 4 play on the mic before a ? orgy. LAD wasnt ? in 97 and aint ? now.

Cosign Harlem World being a better 97 Bad Boy release than LAD.
  • ustreet_monsta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Harlem World had maybe 4 good tracks on it. Probably the weakest rap album released on Bad Boy.
  • buttuh_b
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Harlem World had maybe 4 good tracks on it. Probably the weakest rap album released on Bad Boy.

Huh??? That ? banged from front to back?? What were you listening to??

LAD had way more filler. LAD is a good album, just not classic or better than Harlem World.
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

LAD had way more filler. LAD is a good album, just not classic or better than Harlem World.

you're entitled to your opinion and that's cool but YOUR OPINION COULDNT BE MORE WRONG

to even say that Harlem World was better=PURE BLASPHEMY

the day LAD dropped me and my homie was riding around LISTENING TO THIS SUMBITCH NON-STOP
  • buttuh_b
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What wack songs were on Harlem World???
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

its not better than harlem world lol
This discussion has been closed.