Options

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    He wouldnt have been a back up. Thomas Hill wouldnt have played

You think Jalen is gonna play nice with a dude he felt at the time was an uncle Tom? K
    preaches chemisty and them two together would have done nothing for it. Sounds like Hill playing worked out great
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Coach K talkn out his ass. he said Hill and others were better than Rose including Lang and Hill which is bs.... Rose woulda started at Duke if he was a do boy

aight son........
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thats for Jalen to decide if he doesn't want to be a backup. Its not like they stepped to him and he was like "nah I wanna be the star". They aint even try to see what was up. Why? Coach K says its cause they already had Hill. But so what, they coulda played together on the court at 2 and 3. Guarantee Rose was better than whoever they had at shooting guard.

He aint recruit him cause....well you heard ? spill the beans on the special. If Jalen was showin up to high school games in cardigans and loafers and eatin caviar at halftime bet Coach K woulda been at that door in no time.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    The issue becomes now that alot of people feel that for years Duke has discounted players based on circumstances out of their control such as coming form a single parent household or being from certain areas...and Jalen Rose said publicly what people been saying for 20 years now

literally the only thing wrong with what Jalen said was calling them "uncle toms"
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    literally the only thing wrong with what Jalen said was calling them "uncle toms"

exactly. saying a college coach recruits a certain type of player is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow. everyone knows it and nobody would have given a ? . its common knowledge. Coaches recruit guys who fir the system. whether its Roy Williams, or coach K, or Calipari, or guys who run the Princeton offense, or whoever. but yeah the uncle tom thing is what made a regular statement get all kinds of attention
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    exactly. saying a college coach recruits a certain type of player is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow. everyone knows it and nobody would have given a ? . its common knowledge. Coaches recruit guys who fir the system. whether its Roy Williams, or coach K, or Calipari, or guys who run the Princeton offense, or whoever. but yeah the uncle tom thing is what made a regular statement get all kinds of attention

yep. calipari recruits ? and coach k recruits uncle toms
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

lol truth
    UNC and Calapari
  • radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options

only problem ? have with Duke is that they get their ? whipped by these type players.... pure hate
  • Darius
    edited March 2011
    Options

One and done players = ? ? Sure. 4 year players = uncle toms? I guess if they have parents they are
  • MR.CJ
    edited March 2011
    Options
    One and done players = ? ? Sure. 4 year players = uncle toms? I guess if they have parents they are

lol wow.....
  • MR.CJ
    edited March 2011
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    only problem ? have with Duke is that they get their ? whipped by these type players.... pure hate

but they don't do ? in the nba
  • radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options

what does that matter?
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL, Coach Cal recruits ? ? Nope Coach Cal recruits guys he think can win him games in his system, Coach K does the same. Smh @ me entertaining this non-sense.
  • MR.CJ
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what does that matter?

they don't do ? in the nba
  • MR.CJ
    edited March 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    LOL, Coach Cal recruits ? ? Nope Coach Cal recruits guys he think can win him games in his system, Coach K does the same. Smh @ me entertaining this non-sense.

aka ? and uncle toms
  • radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what does that matter?
    they don't do ? in the nba

thats all you got bruh??? smh
  • MR.CJ
    edited March 2011
    Options
    thats all you got bruh??? smh

you the one responding to me...smh
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My thing is why are they going hard on Rose for ? he thought 20 years ago?

Grow up, and getg over that ? , ol' emotional-? .

Lol yea pretty much........

Besides i dont why this is news......outside of Durham.........duke always had left a bad taste in the mouth of hoood college basketball fans everywhere........jalen rose just actually said it on national tv.....not even hood college fans......but in general.....? acting like duke always got love......lol.......
  • radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you the one responding to me...smh

? you were the first one to respond to me, remember?? but aight
  • MR.CJ
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? you were the first one to respond to me, remember?? but aight

i was?

im high as ? right now
  • radaman
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options

now why is everybody from Duke acting like this is a brand new criticism they're facing? it's sad because the fake shock coming from Duke players is just making them look stupid and actually kind of proving the point Jalen Rose made about Duke's black players being disconnected from the black community
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    from the looks of it jalen has won .....

he has the whole duke alumni including their head coach making statements about something he said 20 years ago .... thats "feelings caught" like no other ..

knowing jalen he is somewhere still holding that signature grin on his face .... HaHa
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My thing is why are they going hard on Rose for ? he thought 20 years ago?

Grow up, and getg over that ? , ol' emotional-? .

thank you. the ? was young when he said that. and guess what, he probably wasn't the only ? to feel that way back then. they makin it seem like this was somethin recent. move on.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    from the looks of it jalen has won .....

he has the whole duke alumni including their head coach making statements about something he said 20 years ago .... thats "feelings caught" like no other ..

knowing jalen he is somewhere still holding that signature grin on his face .... HaHa
    jalen has never "won" anything esp. against a NC team