Options
124»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jalen has never "won" anything esp. against a NC team

no actually Jalen Rose's point keeps getting proven everytime somebody from Duke says something about this...if their real issue was him saying they were Uncle Toms and disconnected from the black community, then them being so shocked that Jalen Rose and others feel or felt this way about Duke just proves how "disconnected" they really are because they are acting as if it's the first time they've heard this criticism...I've heard this stuff said about Duke since I was a child...I remember watching the Fab 5 and hearing this ? being talking about during games how "different" that Michigan team was...for Duke players to pretend to be this offended and shocked is just making them look stupid
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jalen rose made those comments 20yrs ago and then re-iterated them on national tv. so players reacted (like anyone would do) by defending themselves from insults and somehow that proves Jalens idiotic comments, that proves that they are unlce toms b/c theyre defending themselves from being called uncle toms and just b/c they heard it before doesnt mean they have to accept it if they hear it again. thats like saying if a racsits called me a ? 10 yrs ago and then re-iterated it and I defend myself that Im actually a ? for being offended by something that ive been called before (makes no sense)

funny thing is Grant was a better player then and is a better player now!!
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I never thought it was anything wrong with having standards

I guess some of yall don't care what kind of ? u ? with
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lmao who's gonna respond next......Bobby Hurley!??!?!? GTFOH

You can tell it struck a nerve, because the entire team is reacting to that ? . Grant Hill, Christian "? ? " Laettner, Coach KKK, etc. ? is getting out of hand. If ? are TRULY spitting ? , you ignore them. You don't go out of your way to dispel ? . That's why I think it's really true what Jalen said.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jalen still aint got no type of ring
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jalen rose made those comments 20yrs ago and then re-iterated them on national tv. so players reacted (like anyone would do) by defending themselves from insults and somehow that proves Jalens idiotic comments, that proves that they are unlce toms b/c theyre defending themselves from being called uncle toms and just b/c they heard it before doesnt mean they have to accept it if they hear it again. thats like saying if a racsits called me a ? 10 yrs ago and then re-iterated it and I defend myself that Im actually a ? for being offended by something that ive been called before (makes no sense)

funny thing is Grant was a better player then and is a better player now!!

it's not them responding that proves Jalen Rose's then point...it's them being so shocked that not only Jalen Rose but other people felt and still feel that way...that type of willful ignorance for 20 years? come on
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is very dishonest, considering Jalen was ranked in the top10 amongst high schoolers. And most of Duke"s players, were not.

So how was he not good enough, unless you"re speaking along lines of an Uncle Tom type demeanor away from the Court?

And coach K, is as pathetic as Grant Hill, by coming off as if this wasn't said 20 years ago

Grant Hill was a higher ranked player coming out of high school, a better, more well regarded college and pro player.
    It was said 20 years ago, then Jalen Exec produced a documentary and repeated it 20 years later, several times.
    Never has he come out and said he does not feel that way now. Even tho people keep asking him to clarify.

And back to the recruiting. You dont recruit Alonzo Mourning when you have Shaq.
    You dont recruit John Wall if you have Derrick Rose. He already had Grant HIll committed.
    He did not need Jalen. A simlar, but not as good player who has the SAME skill set.

Jalens real problem is jealousy. Jealous of Grant HIll. (he admits this)
    Jealous of C-Webb. (always got slick ? to say, makes sure that he points out that C Webb was not "hood".)
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol at people thinking Duke has no single parent black players.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Grant Hill was a higher ranked player coming out of high school, a better, more well regarded college and pro player.
    It was said 20 years ago, then Jalen Exec produced a documentary and repeated it 20 years later, several times.
    Never has he come out and said he does not feel that way now. Even tho people keep asking him to clarify.

And back to the recruiting. You dont recruit Alonzo Mourning when you have Shaq.
    You dont recruit John Wall if you have Derrick Rose. He already had Grant HIll committed.
    He did not need Jalen. A simlar, but not as good player who has the SAME skill set.

Jalens real problem is jealousy. Jealous of Grant HIll. (he admits this)
    Jealous of C-Webb. (always got slick ? to say, makes sure that he points out that C Webb was not "hood".)

preach young brotha...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    only problem ? have with Duke is that they get their ? whipped by these type players.... pure hate
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    but they don't do ? in the nba
    what does that matter?
    they don't do ? in the nba
    thats all you got bruh??? smh
    you the one responding to me...smh
    ? you were the first one to respond to me, remember?? but aight