Men with female best friends

Options

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    since when were there micro specifications for what a best friend is ?

"a best friend is only for this" "you talk to your best friend about things like that" ....

a best friend is just that .. a best friend .

A bff is someone you relate too
    I will never relate to man
  • terbear
    terbear Members Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    since when were there micro specifications for what a best friend is ?

"a best friend is only for this" "you talk to your best friend about things like that" ....

a best friend is just that .. a best friend .

i agree a best friend is just that a friend you can come to for anything, if your "so called best friend" cant talk to you about her period then you guys arent really that close... i know mine does she'll be like yo *terbear* i got mad cramps, ill be like oh ? that sucks want me to pick you up something from the store.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    A bff is someone you relate too
    I will never relate to man

people relate to others regardless of friendship ....

i've been tight with people I couldn't strongly relate to but I still hear them out and try to help ....

a best friend is a best friend regardless of how u relate to them ....

let me ask u this .. if your bestfriend called u and said her parents were killed in a car accident could u relate ? probably not but you'd still be there to do whatever it u could to ..
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    basically when u have a friend thats a chick u can do more wit her than u can do wit males...such as hittin up a romantic flick, gettin dressed together, hell even shower together sometimes. and it also allows you to evaluate that female that could potentially be your future wifey. gotta be friends before anything further. and thats the best way to do it. ya girlfriend or wifey should be your best friend because if you hook up wit sum random person then youre stuck wit sum one u have nothing to relate to.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wrong he does have a female best friend and tbh I don't care, the only beef I got with the situation is that he don't know how to categorize the bish cause from all the things he's told me that ain't a best friend it's just some girl he's friends with that he's know for a long time

That right there is what Boybest is talking about, I think. According to YOUR definition of a best friend, she ain't a best friend. See what I mean?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We need another spinoff, on some "WTF is a best friend?" type ? . ? over here hollerin they bestfriends with they ex, ? STOP.

Seems like people are confused with what a best friend is. I mean it shouldn't be difficult to point out who he or she is. But it seem like ? just thinkin for a second and bein like "ooo yea im cool wit this one chick, it can work!".

im sure summuh yall didnt have yalls fathers in yall life if you think you truly claim that girl as your "best friend"
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    That right there is what Boybest is talking about, I think. According to YOUR definition of a best friend, she ain't a best friend. See what I mean?

No I think we can all agree that if you knew ya bff was getting cheated on you'd say something
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    We need another spinoff, on some "WTF is a best friend?" type ? . ? over here hollerin they bestfriends with they ex, ? STOP.

Seems like people are confused with what a best friend is. I mean it shouldn't be difficult to point out who he or she is. But it seem like ? just thinkin for a second and bein like "ooo yea im cool wit this one chick, it can work!".

im sure summuh yall didnt have yalls fathers in yall life if you think you truly claim that girl as your "best friend"
    I agree make that thread bro
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

yea the girl doesn't fit pico's specifications of what a best friend is so she isnt his best friend ..
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is the IC. I honestly don't think there is a single thing that all these ? can agree on. But yeah, I agree. But here's the thing...it don't matter what WE say or how WE feel about it. Your man feels differently. Just cause we can all agree on something don't mean ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options

alot of us are just speaking off knowledge of the whole thing about friendships .... i'm sure ? aint talking all night to a female on some friend type ? .. if they are i'm not knocking em though .
  • terbear
    terbear Members Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

so your best friend cant be someone of the opposite sex? that seems silly. Also ex's cant be your bestfriend they would know you best and know the most about you? Why not because you slept with them.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If a ? ever becomes my best friend I'm baggin taggin and lockin it down for life
    ? would not be platonic for long
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Y'all the type of ? to have pet rocks as ya best friends
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have an ex who is a good female friend but we could never be best friends. I can see it now, we start hanging out going out for drinks and what not then bam we start ? again and she starts catching feelings. Absolutely not gonna even try to go that route.
  • adagreat
    adagreat Members Posts: 679
    edited March 2011
    Options
    for a few yrs maybe 4 or 5 yrs my best friend was a female but all of that changed when her and her man broke up and she came to me crying and i gave her a shoulder to cry on and she told me she wanted to feel me in her mouth and i took her up on her offer several times, ? changed da whole complextion of our friendship!i regretted that but it happened shrugs!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have had some very good friends that were females. The ? of the group makes the best friend becasue that ? have all the hook ups and you drink for free. You just have to explain that she is not with me. I had a friend that would use me as a decoy at the club. If she needed my help to get someone away from her she we would play the couple role. But if she needed me to disappear. I did! ? was GOAT because I would drink for free all night! I never beat because she was a ? ! I dont want sloppy eighty!
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    one of my bestfriends is a chick.
    we met thru a mutual friend, n i remember we werent even that tight
    ? was like in gr 9
    and i was hurtin for cash wit no job
    she lent me 200 hunnid n she barely knew me

i paid her back couple months later, but i never forgot that ?
    being guliabble with your money don't make ya best friend material
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I have had some very good friends that were females. The ? of the group makes the best friend becasue that ? have all the hook ups and you drink for free. You just have to explain that she is not with me. I had a friend that would use me as a decoy at the club. If she needed my help to get someone away from her she we would play the couple role. But if she needed me to disappear. I did! ? was GOAT because I would drink for free all night! I never beat because she was a ? ! I dont want sloppy eighty!

see how he used the word good friend instead of best friend...... People take notes
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i have female friends but not a female best friend..............thats some ? ? right there
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    being a generous person does, ? a selfish cheap jew friend

Generous people set you up for failure
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have more male friends than female friends but my closest friends are female.
    I've always related well to women.
    there have been instances where the lines became blurred because of attraction whether mutual or otherwise.

I remember getting shut down by a close friend of mine years ago. I was highly embarrassed at the time but learned a valuable lesson about friendship. In all honesty I think that all she was doing was protecting our friendship.
    I've come a long way since then.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    that bun make u look like a cracka aunt jemima
    just sayin

........... Didn't have a good rebuttal I assume.........
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what rebuttal is there for stupidity?
    just more stupidity.

how in any way does generosity set one up for failure moreso than anything else?

caring in general sets one up for failure. only way to not fail is to not care. but who the ? wants to be around someone who doesnt care?
    You become to generous you become someones backbone, give a man a fish and he eats for a day teach him to fish and he eats forever
    I care about my friends but if they ask me for money I give them a speech, people need to learn
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You become to generous you become someones backbone, give a man a fish and he eats for a day teach him to fish and he eats forever
    I care about my friends but if they ask me for money I give them a speech, people need to learn

ayo trilla ? one of my friends asked me for $5 the other day (he's broke) so he could give this ? bus fair to get home. i told him to tell dat ? to say she lost her bus ticcet.