Is Rick Ross the only rapper left that still TRUSTS the black community for support?

Options

Comments

• redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nah they did show ross at the game
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you probably didnt see it, just like you changed up swizz beats top 5. Soon as they said rick ross was in attendance your mind went blank...

Getwitcha

why they said diddy and drake was better than ross though??????
  • talik23
    edited May 2011
    Options

i know i like ? with these ross stans. I get a good laugh from these clowns
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    talik23 wrote: »
    no he wasnt stop dickriding lil ? lmao. i seen the whole game. diddy was the only one there. and then jeff van gundy mentioned to mark jackson who was better in hip hop wise from diddy, drake and ross. and of course they put ross last lmao.....
    talik23 wrote: »
    o now diddy and ross wasnt sitting next to each other lmao. I seen the whole game too son and never seen the camera on ross/ stop dickriding that ? aint cool lil ? ................

First it was only Diddy there, now the idiot has to feel stupid!!

Getwitcha
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited May 2011
    Options
    HAHAHAHA VIDEO WAS DOPE.

As far as your question, we've already debated about this many times before. There have historically been three CEO's from this area who have pushed artists in urban music to great success. 1. Berry Gordy (Motown), 2. Barry Hankerson (R. Kelly, Aalliyah) & 3. Marshall Mathers (Shady)

smh all that white boy put on was them houseniggaz d6 , obie & da muunkee he aint dun ? fa da blk community...& regardless if he made a few houseniggaz millionairez hez still a RACIST WHITE REDNECK!
  • talik23
    edited May 2011
    Options
    First it was only Diddy there, now the idiot has to feel stupid!!

Getwitcha

tumblr_ldr6uoC5yA1qfdzxbo1_250.jpg

• musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    blah blah blah

I heard all of this ? from you before.....I ain't listenin' no mo.' Peace.
  • gee757
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I heard all of this ? from you before.....I ain't listenin' no mo.' Peace.

lolllllllllllllll
  • KingRegi
    KingRegi Members Posts: 145
    edited May 2011
    Options
    E-40 got Ross beat on catering to his own fans....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    who the ? cares if rick ross was at the basketball game the ? type of lame ? discussion is this
  • gee757
    edited May 2011
    Options
    KingRegi wrote: »
    E-40 got Ross beat on catering to his own fans....

wat country do u live n????
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just how it reads. I ask this because its not too many mainstream rappers I can think of that havent really changed their music to pull in a white audience. No Skylar Grey or Em feats, no Alex Da Kid production just street anthems and music that the black community would listen to most. I mean from Hustlin and Push it, to the Boss and Here I am, Magnificent, Super High, MC Hammer, and BMF etc. Even though he consistently goes gold while artists who make wacker music go platinum, Ross still manages to put out a quality product that HIS fanbase will enjoy without compromising himself musically. Will this change with his next album, I doubt it but we'll have to wait and see. I do know SELF MADE's track list is what you'd expect from any Ross album. Ross is still doing shows at black clubs and HBCUs.....something most other mainstream rappers are not. So the question remains, amongst all this hype about only white kids supporting hip-hop, is Ross the last rapper left that trusts the black community for financial support?? Discuss

Props to Ross but Nas got thz..... Common and Cube deserves mention too
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^^ I was watching the game idiot. They mentioned Diddy, Drake and Ross and showed shots of all of them in their seats. Why else would they mention those 3? Unlike you, I have no reason to lie or try to change up what actually happened. Oh and FYI, Diddy and Ross were not even sitting next to each other.

Getwitcha

x2_5d56522

Glenn Rice been eating good.

Plenty of celebrities showed up, including Diddy, Gloria Estefan and rappers Drake and Rick Ross.

? was funny as hell, my uncle was like "who the hell is that" every time a rapper popped up and me and bro was like "there go so-and-so".

Khaled was out there with a bad ? tho'
  • Mumo X
    edited May 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Lmao i like Ross but some of you act like dude is Dead Prez or Ice Cube, Ross is a good rapper, but lets not try paint him as some righteous political rapper who makes music who solely cater to conscious black folk.

nuthn but a cosign. Ross has improved hz content since he came to the game, he deserves credit and respect but not at the expense of Nas,Pac,Talib,Mutulu Olugbala,Krs,Immortal technique,Jay Elec or even Brand Nubian.
  • gee757
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    nuthn but a cosign. Ross has improved hz content since he came to the game, he deserves credit and respect but not at the expense of Nas,Pac,Talib,Mutulu Olugbala,Krs,Immortal technique,Jay Elec or even Brand Nubian.

fam if u go 2 a nas concert ya gonna c alot of white people it aint like that @ a ross show..& dreaming is talkin about a MAINSTREAM blk rapper all those katz u named besidez pac is UNDERGROUND rapperz
  • Mumo X
    edited May 2011
    Options
    fam if u go 2 a nas concert ya gonna c alot of white people it aint like that @ a ross show..& dreaming is talkin about a MAINSTREAM blk rapper all those katz u named besidez pac is UNDERGROUND rapperz

waddup family! It aint like im tryna hate on Ross. I went to hz show when he came down to cape. And like i said it wuz all love.

Ross hasnt buckd the trend/gone against the grain like Pac or even Cube did but stilldreamin wants to put Ross on the same level as these hiphop deities.

What if most blacks who go to a Ross concerts aint conscious heads and them whites who go to a Talib or Gza show hav a John lennon heart and character?

If i wuz a conscious rapper i would never be happy if my concerts wuz attended by Gucci mane/soulja boy/50 snitch clones. As long as you identify wit the struggle from whichever continent im down wit that
  • gee757
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    waddup family! It aint like im tryna hate on Ross. I went to hz show when he came down to cape. And like i said it wuz all love.

Ross hasnt buckd the trend/gone against the grain like Pac or even Cube did but stilldreamin wants to put Ross on the same level as these hiphop deities.

What if most blacks who go to a Ross concerts aint conscious heads and them whites who go to a Talib or Gza show hav a John lennon heart and character?

If i wuz a conscious rapper i would never be happy if my concerts wuz attended by Gucci mane/soulja boy/50 snitch clones. As long as you identify wit the struggle from whichever continent im down wit that

i know ya not h8n but im just sayin if u go 2 a nas show herr n EMERICA itz gonna b alot of white people therr but ross showz n EMERICA is mainly blk & latino....& pac had a huge white followin 2 again dreaming is talkin about a MAINSTREAM rapper that can sell well wit out dependin on WHITE EMERICA like a ROZAY...
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Are other artist really catering to white people with their music? Or are alot of ? just so dumb and low that anything that don't sound ignorant isn't for their ears?

I love when a ? puts "white people" and "? " in the same sentence, I prefer to say Black folks and cracka's but thats just me.

Catering to white folks is a concept that most whites and clueless Blacks cant understand.

garv wrote: »
    Lmao i like Ross but some of you act like dude is Dead Prez or Ice Cube, Ross is a good rapper, but lets not try paint him as some righteous political rapper who makes music who solely cater to conscious black folk.

I dont think anybody is foolish enough to compare Rozay to Dead Prez or Ice Cube, the T/S/ is simply praising him for making Soulful Black music without the white-washing and pandering to the Pop demographic.

Are you doing duets with Pussycat dolls or with Chrisette Michelle??
    Do you have Raphael Saadiq on your hooks or Justin Timberlake??
    Are you doing multiple joints with Erykah Baduh or multiple joints with Emenim

Raekwon or Bruno Mars
    Styles P. & Jadakiss or Linkin Park

Cee Lo Green or Kid Cudi
    Trey Songz or Mr. Hudson
    Jon Legend or Luke Steele

Are you signing Meek Milz or Pauly D.

Is it "Black mans Dream" or "Ghetto Techno"??

Foxy Brown & Elise Neal or Paris Hilton and Chelsea Handler??

Unity or division?? Men or Munkeez??

Lets not paint Rick Ross as a socio-political rapper trying to edutain Black folks, lets just accept the fact that he dosent cater and pander to the white buying public or the pop demographic like 95% of the Gold & Platinum artists out today.
  • Mumo X
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i know ya not h8n but im just sayin if u go 2 a nas show herr n EMERICA itz gonna b alot of white people therr but ross showz n EMERICA is mainly blk & latino....& pac had a huge white followin 2 again dreaming is talkin about a MAINSTREAM rapper that can sell well wit out dependin on WHITE EMERICA like a ROZAY...

aight. I get you now. Thanks for the drop.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If suburban White people stopped buying Rick Ross Album's and Singles you think he can still sell Gold?

C'mon now don't be stupid he needs his white fan base from the suburbs to sell Gold
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I believe his concert audience is black but his buying audience ie albums aint that much difference percentage wise from white and blacks.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Keep it trill though white ? love them some Rick Ross classy, intelligent, educated, nice white women? no

overweight hood rat white girls? yes
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If suburban White people stopped buying Rick Ross Album's and Singles you think he can still sell Gold?

C'mon now don't be stupid he needs his white fan base from the suburbs to sell Gold

http://www.terry.uga.edu/selig/buying_power.html

Are your arrogant and grandiose claims a result of excessive drug-abuse or the ramblings of a Europeon troll seeking attention?
    Maybe you peoples desire to be accepted forces you to make
    claims that you cant validate.

You dont know about Afrikan-Amerikan buying power but its at $1.1 trillion and climbing, we are not all poor and destitute like you fantasize about. We spend 9 cents of every dollar in U.S. circulation.

I refuse to let some foreigner act like they know how Black folks spend their money especially you overseas clowns.
  • gee757
    edited May 2011
    Options

rozayz white fanbase n EMERICA is da same size of feminemz blk fanbase n EMERICA & thatz SMALL!
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i rip and i rhyme, i rhyme and i rip,this is the way that dylan spits!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.