The Official 2009/2010 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Real talk how many clutch shots saved LA in the finals with 4 sec or less if kobes not getting the rock there is only one other player I'm passing too
    adam morrison??
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fisher deserves a 1 yr 4 mill deal imo...
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Fisher deserves a 1 yr 4 mill deal imo...

with a team option for 2nd year 3mill lol
  • killap
    edited July 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    with a team option for 2nd year 3mill lol

LOL I think that could work Buss knows anybody we sign/re-sign he's gonna have to pay double for so I cant see him giving Fisher or Brown more than 4 mill for this season pretty sure he wants to keep the team under 100 mil and were already close to 85 mill and will be even worse off next season unless we trade Walton. I hear we are still talking to Raja Bell and Matt Barnes I think if we can get one of them we will be alright, re-sign Fish, I'd like Brown back but I dont think Buss is willing to spend the money to keep him, and then keep our two rookies and this might be a long shot but I think DJ Strawberry could be a decent role player he's a great defender and his offensive game seems to be coming around. Also we should re-sign Powell for some depth in the front court...realistically I can see our team looking something like

Bynum/Powell
    Gasol/Odom/Caracter
    Artest/Walton/Ebanks
    Bryant/Barnes/Vujacic/Strawberry
    Fisher/Blake
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Bynum/Powell
    Gasol/Odom/Caracter
    Artest/Walton/Ebanks
    Bryant/Barnes/Vujacic/Strawberry
    Fisher/Blake

If we are going to keep Caracter, then we need someone bigger/taller than Powell. If DJ can come back for the minimum, that would be good.

They keep saying Walton's back might be a problem going into next season.
  • killap
    edited July 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    If we are going to keep Caracter, then we need someone bigger/taller than Powell. If DJ can come back for the minimum, that would be good.

They keep saying Walton's back might be a problem going into next season.

From what I read somewhere else Powell is well liked in the locker room so that is why I think we will keep him over Mbenga...but what do you think of DJ Strawberry? I have been in n out with the Summer league games how is his offense coming along I know the D is their he's been shutting down dudes (including Lebron) since high school. If Walton cant go the Barnes signing would make more sense because he could also play SF
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2010
    Options
    From what I read somewhere else Powell is well liked in the locker room so that is why I think we will keep him over Mbenga...but what do you think of DJ Strawberry? I have been in n out with the Summer league games how is his offense coming along I know the D is their he's been shutting down dudes (including Lebron) since high school. If Walton cant go the Barnes signing would make more sense because he could also play SF

Yea, After Kobe and Fisher, Powell is the next leader in the locker room. But his game and Caracter's game are similar.

Strawberry would be a decent replacement for Brown. He can guard 3 positions, but his offense is very lacking. He needs to show he can knock down the 3 consistently.

I would love Barnes on the team, but the dude left 1.6 mil on the table in Orlando, i doubt he would come here for the minimum.
  • killap
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yea, After Kobe and Fisher, Powell is the next leader in the locker room. But his game and Caracter's game are similar.

Strawberry would be a decent replacement for Brown. He can guard 3 positions, but his offense is very lacking. He needs to show he can knock down the 3 consistently.

I would love Barnes on the team, but the dude left 1.6 mil on the table in Orlando, i doubt he would come here for the minimum.

We can offer him close to 2 mill but the more I look at it we really need another shooter and that Matt Barnes is not. We need another shooter on the wing I'm thinking Kapono might be a better fit he's a liability defensively but can shoot 40%+ from outside and should come pretty cheap
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt barnes and raja damn kobe's enemies becoming teammates hilarious, and ? luke walton nh ole' sorry ass injury prone gets respect from commentators about his IQ for doing nothing ass ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt barnes and raja damn kobe's enemies becoming teammates hilarious, and ? luke walton nh ole' sorry ass injury prone gets respect from commentators about his IQ for doing nothing ass ?
    thought I was the only one that noticed that ?
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thought I was the only one that noticed that ?

I hate that
    "he has great basketball IQ" luke turns it over
    "wow he has great all around skills" luke airs a three
    "lakers have a very special player" luke makes a good pass but has 3 straight turnovers
    SMH
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

thats what i was thinking to you could always tell when a player sucks when people complement them on their IQ.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Devin Ebanks = Next Trevor Ariza, Dude Plays Damn near identical to him , been watching all his Summer League Games, of Course Ariza is better than him as of now, but dude Plays Just like him and looks just like him on the court, He's been super impressive so far.
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I hate that
    "he has great basketball IQ" luke turns it over
    "wow he has great all around skills" luke airs a three
    "lakers have a very special player" luke makes a good pass but has 3 straight turnovers

SMH

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad but very true. Dude gets love bcos of his dad (one of the greatest big men ever).
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Devin Ebanks = Next Trevor Ariza, Dude Plays Damn near identical to him , been watching all his Summer League Games, of Course Ariza is better than him as of now, but dude Plays Just like him and looks just like him on the court, He's been super impressive so far.

Watched the games too. Like what i have seen from Ebanks so far. Already has a better shot than Ariza did when he came to the league. I like the fact he never forces anything, has been playing great within the Triangle (big plus).

Caracter has been awesome too. Dude is your classic back to the basket big man, but also has range all the way to 20 feet. Lot of off court issues in his past though.

Kupchak wins again.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad but very true. Dude gets love bcos of his dad (one of the greatest big men ever).

man its annoying tho and he never plays but is still injured WTF
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Walton was Solid but he's Overrated yo .....Dude Played One Full season.

cmon on son .... Career Averages of 13 ppg 10 rebounds 2 blks ???.........he might be in the Hall of Fame but he's not One of the Greatest Big Men ever.....
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Bill Walton was Solid but he's Overrated yo .....

cmon on son .... Career Averages of 13 ppg 10 rebounds 2 blks ???.........he might be in the Hall of Fame but he's not One of the Greatest Big Men ever.....

in college yes but pros no
  • killap
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The heat offered Fish the vet minimum so its safe to assume Fish willbe a Laker next yr
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The heat offered Fish the vet minimum so its safe to assume Fish willbe a Laker next yr

There really isnt much loyalty in sports anymore is there? So what he wouldnt take the vet minimum from the Lakers but he'll take it from the heat?
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2010
    Options

Like i was tell folks, NO ONE will offer over 2.5 mill, it is the multiple years that is the negotiating point.
  • killap
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Like i was tell folks, NO ONE will offer over 2.5 mill, it is the multiple years that is the negotiating point.

crazy thing is I heard we actually upped the 2.5 mill to something in the 3's truth be told we will probably use our MLE on a starting PG next yr so I cant see him getting more than a yr
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Someone Needs to Wake Derek Fisher up out of his Dream, He Seems to believe he's Worth 2 yr 10 million ......? you have one more year left in you MAX ....SMH cmon yo, your on the decline of your career, ? u thinking?
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fish Coming Back

"I have decided to continue with Kobe, continue with our teammates and the fans of Los Angeles," Fisher said in a statement on his website. "While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this offseason, it is the most valuable. I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5374270
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fish Coming Back

"I have decided to continue with Kobe, continue with our teammates and the fans of Los Angeles," Fisher said in a statement on his website. "While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this offseason, it is the most valuable. I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5374270

LOL, Late man.