Weight loss Competition

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I was just asking... really

oh okay. Yeah I think somebody asks everytime I post a pic. It's funny I guess.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Is it bad that I forgot all about this comp? Go Kat!!!

ok I was 145 last sunday so thats what imma go with in here. Starting weight. Imma put a reminder on my BB to come check in 2x's a week. um....Sundays (weigh in day) and lets say.......Thursdays. ok cool.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    knivez wrote: »
    Thats understandable, good luck to yall with that. I know a lot of people get caught up in dropping lbs as opposed to reducing Body Fat which is what you really need to focus on if you're just trying to get cut i think. I saw the promo's for insanity and it just seemed way to cardio based....i think you'll end up losing tons of weight on it tho....but you might lose some of the muscle you have also since they don't use weights like p90x(i think). I would mess with it but i'm trying to maintain as much muscle and strength as possible while cutting. I think i'd rather be a trim 200lbs than a trim 170-180lbs. Between 210-200 is my goal for now.
    Its max interval training and it features cardio and resistance training (body weight). I don't think I will be losing much muscle mass. I have cut my caloric intake down but I have upped my protein intake as well.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i haven't done much cardio, just diet change, and weight training...

should i introduce cardio??

i really don't like that ? ....

maybe running on the weekends...would that be enough?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »

if you lost that much off no cardio the weight is gonna fall of once you start running. I do cardio before every workout. 30 minutes 5 days a week is cool for me. My older brother was doing 2 hours a day until he peeked. Now it's only 20 30 minutes and more weight training for him.
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    if you lost that much off no cardio the weight is gonna fall of once you start running. I do cardio before every workout. 30 minutes 5 days a week is cool for me. My older brother was doing 2 hours a day until he peeked. Now it's only 20 30 minutes and more weight training for him.

yea, the weathers breaking, imma start jogging, imma try to do that sht in the morning.....but damn it's hard to get the ? outta the bed
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i might be doing it wrong....263 today.....
    weightloss027.jpg
    weightloss024.jpg

i found my speed rope.. so hopefully even if i dn't run i can get some cardio in daily with that...

that one week off the gym ? sucked.. i gained back 4 pounds.....

ugh....
  • knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    Its max interval training and it features cardio and resistance training (body weight). I don't think I will be losing much muscle mass. I have cut my caloric intake down but I have upped my protein intake as well.

Oh aight then you should be straight with that if you're getting in your protein. Plus there's still some form of resistance. That ? looks like hell tho lol...

Cardio isn't for everyone....but i don't really think its needed unless you want rapid weight loss(while reducing cals and lifting). as long as you're reducing your cals and lifting(3-4 times a week) and getting the protein you need, you'll continue to burn fat. I think you could realistically still lose 3-5 pounds a week without the cardio. at least starting off...I hear it gets harder the lower you are in weight you get. If there's a form of cardio you actually like to do like run full court bball then that should be good enough. but you already seem to be doing well without cardio. its really just a bonus and moreso a change of pace from the normal weight training, and a good alternative to reducing cal intake.
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh aight then you should be straight with that if you're getting in your protein. Plus there's still some form of resistance. That ? looks like hell tho lol...

Cardio isn't for everyone....but i don't really think its needed unless you want rapid weight loss(while reducing cals and lifting). as long as you're reducing your cals and lifting(3-4 times a week) and getting the protein you need, you'll continue to burn fat. I think you could realistically still lose 3-5 pounds a week without the cardio. at least starting off...I hear it gets harder the lower you are in weight you get. If there's a form of cardio you actually like to do like run full court bball then that should be good enough. but you already seem to be doing well without cardio. its really just a bonus and moreso a change of pace from the normal weight training, and a good alternative to reducing cal intake.

that's whassup, i think the speed rope is going to help dramatically though.. i can do that ? every day even on days when i don't hit the gym...(like today.. reason y my ass so sweaty in the pics)

i only lift like twice a week right now, but i'm bout to up it to 3 times forreal....
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    that's whassup, i think the speed rope is going to help dramatically though.. i can do that ? every day even on days when i don't hit the gym...(like today.. reason y my ass so sweaty in the pics)

i only lift like twice a week right now, but i'm bout to up it to 3 times forreal....

Yeah, jumping rope is the business and a good way to burn calories. I remember when I was training in Muay Thai and one of the things we would do during warm ups is 3 rounds of jump rope. I used to be like Floyd Mayweather Jr. with the rope ? lol Like knivez said, cut your calories down, up your protein and continue training hard, you'll be straight. If you want to cut your body fat % down at a faster rate, start running in conjunction with your weight training, fam :tu
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That ? is hell lol But it's also perfect for what I'm trying to achieve so I'm hittin' it hard :tu
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Gaining back the 4 pounds is nothing... It's most likely just water weight or Bowel...

If it's body fat you are trying to lose, the man I hate to tell ya...

You need to be doing carido my friend...

On the days when I do my cardio I incorporate a Sauna Suit and two pair of Sweats over it...
    It helps a bunch in cutting...

Also how many meals a day are you eating?
    You need to be eating 5 small meals a day plus a healthy size dinner to speed up your metabolism and help with recovery of over worked muscle...make sure you are getting your 8 hours...

You are on the right track Du...
    Dont let that 4 pounds discourage you...

I was at 200 when I started, dropped 10 pounds in the first week and then gained back 5. After a few days it shed off and now i am at a steady 190...

Ya'll keep up the good work!!

Jesus B I know your sweating like a Hebrew Slave in that. @ Dusuljah if your wondering what is a small portion for your meals is? Make a fist, now look at your fist that is your serving size. Also you probably need to get some protein too, I just picked up some Isopure. Isopure has minimal fat in it and you can mix it with water so if your lactose intolerant this is probably better. As far as the Bowel ? *pun* I've been taking this wheat grass mix. And like Jamel said don't let it discourage you there are times I'm stuck at a certain weight for 2 weeks than BAM 5 lbs off in a couple days.
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I eat 6 meals a day, myself. 3 meals and 3 snacks. While portion control is important, its even more important to monitor the caloric content of those portions. You need to create a caloric deficit (3500 calories = 1 pound) and like Jamel said, if you are trying to lose fat, cardio is a must. My resting bmr (basal metabolic rate) is right around 2000. Meaning that that (2000) is approximately how many calories my body burns daily if I was to lay around and do nothing. Now I add in my activity level daily and I would say that I easily burn between 600-1500 calories a day exercising (heart rate monitor, it counts burned calories), which means I can burn upwards of 3500+ calories a day. I try to keep my caloric intake around 2000 daily, and I can easily adjust that to fit my nutrition and fitness needs.
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gaining back the 4 pounds is nothing... It's most likely just water weight or Bowel...

If it's body fat you are trying to lose, the man I hate to tell ya...

You need to be doing carido my friend...

On the days when I do my cardio I incorporate a Sauna Suit and two pair of Sweats over it...
    It helps a bunch in cutting...

Also how many meals a day are you eating?
    You need to be eating 5 small meals a day plus a healthy size dinner to speed up your metabolism and help with recovery of over worked muscle...make sure you are getting your 8 hours...

You are on the right track Du...
    Dont let that 4 pounds discourage you...

I was at 200 when I started, dropped 10 pounds in the first week and then gained back 5. After a few days it shed off and now i am at a steady 190...

Ya'll keep up the good work!!

A sauna suit could help me. I think I'm either hitting a wall or I just have some issue. Thanks for the advice.
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also, weigh yourself in the morning, as soon as you wake up, after you use the bathroom but before you eat anything... That'll be your most accurate weight
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i eat break fast
    snack on fruit
    eat lunch
    snack on veggies
    eat a eat a hearty dinner

speed rope or gym before dinner....

we'll see whassup.. i think things are going well..

i may start with the creatine in april....not sure yet... me and my trainer will talk about it
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you use creatine, make very sure the kind you take doesnt make you retain water...

If im not mistaken, Creatine Ester Ether (CEE) doesnt have you retain much water...

What do you need the creatine for if you are losing weight?

If I were you I'd use a Protein Powder for muscle recovery and make sure there is at least 32 grams of Protein per serving... you can use the Protein shake as a meal replacement as well...

muscle burns fat quicker right?

i know i got a pretty high muscle mass, so i figure if i build a wrack of muscle, it'll start burnin the fat extra fast
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    muscle burns fat quicker right?

i know i got a pretty high muscle mass, so i figure if i build a wrack of muscle, it'll start burnin the fat extra fast

For every 1 pound of muscle you put on, your body will burn about 50 extra calories a day. Still, the fastest way to lost the body fat would be to add cardio to your weight training.
  • Dupac
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    For every 1 pound of muscle you put on, your body will burn about 50 extra calories a day. Still, the fastest way to lost the body fat would be to add cardio to your weight training.

yea no doubt.. i'm all over that speed rope.. i used to wrestle in high school n college.. jumping rope is like 2nd nature to me..

i think that speed rope is the only reason i never hit 300.. i always broke it out for a few weeks whenever i thought i was gettin too big....it's just now i'm really on that life style change tip...even though i've been drinking hella beers today
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea no doubt.. i'm all over that speed rope.. i used to wrestle in high school n college.. jumping rope is like 2nd nature to me..

i think that speed rope is the only reason i never hit 300.. i always broke it out for a few weeks whenever i thought i was gettin too big....it's just now i'm really on that life style change tip...even though i've been drinking hella beers today
    This ? lmao
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So.....I'm pretty sure I haven't lost a damn pound since I really only started paying attn on Sunday. But sat/sun i went jogging for about 45min each day, yesterday I did 20 mins of p90x and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. This morning I did some other 20 minute workout tape and this afternoon I'm going to do 20mins on the eliptical (hopefully i can last that long lmao) and 40 mins on the treadmill.

Ate cobb salad for lunch and have black bean soup for an afternoon snack of sorts. Tonight I'll be drinking a protien shake after my workout and probably just eat some fruit.

The end.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So.....I'm pretty sure I haven't lost a damn pound since I really only started paying attn on Sunday. But sat/sun i went jogging for about 45min each day, yesterday I did 20 mins of p90x and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. This morning I did some other 20 minute workout tape and this afternoon I'm going to do 20mins on the eliptical (hopefully i can last that long lmao) and 40 mins on the treadmill.

Ate cobb salad for lunch and have black bean soup for an afternoon snack of sorts. Tonight I'll be drinking a protien shake after my workout and probably just eat some fruit.

The end.

You have willpower. Especially with your diet.

Anyway- I'll officially "check in" since all my work went down the toilet this weekend when I went to a birthday party and became a fat ass. Now I need to get back on the wagon. For the next 3 days, I'm doing a cottage cheese fast to flush my system and compensate for the weekend calories, plus an hour of cardio + weight training everyday.

I know crash dieting is bad.... but....... it works.