Weight loss Competition

Options

Comments

• knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    where them pics at ladies...nah no fake fat chick pics either....smh. i've seen your work(@ deelicious)

But to contribute...ive lost 10 pounds since this thread started....
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    knivez wrote: »
    where them pics at ladies...nah no fake fat chick pics either....smh. i've seen your work(@ deelicious)

But to contribute...ive lost 10 pounds since this thread started....

hahahaha how u callin me out!!!! lmao!

Ehhhh im thinkin bout the pics.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    2 weeks into my workout... Lost 8 pounds so far (although my weight isnt really a concern... just trying to lose body fat)...
  • knivez
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^it'll coincide with it though. what's your bf percentage at right now? what was it before you started insanity? just wondering
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^it'll coincide with it though. what's your bf percentage at right now? what was it before you started insanity? just wondering

I know it'll coincide with it, Im just not focused on an actual weight. When I took my measurements 2 weeks ago (using an online bodyfat % calculator) my body fat percentage was at 25%. I took my measurements again yesterday and I'm down to 21%. Below, is the formula I used. I also included one for the women, in case you ladies would like to use this formula as well :tu

Body Fat Formula For Men
    Factor 1 * (Total body weight x 1.082) + 94.42
    Factor 2 * Waist measurement (at naval) x 4.15
    Lean Body Mass * Factor 1 - Factor 2
    Body Fat Weight * Total bodyweight - Lean Body Mass
    Body Fat Percentage * (Body Fat Weight x 100) / total bodyweight

Body Fat Formula For Women
    Factor 1 * (Total body weight x 0.732) + 8.987
    Factor 2 * Wrist measurement (at fullest point) / 3.140
    Factor 3 * Waist measurement (at naval) x 0.157
    Factor 4 * Hip measurement (at fullest point) x 0.249
    Factor 5 * Forearm measurement (at fullest point) x 0.434
    Lean Body Mass * Factor 1 + Factor 2 - Factor 3 - Factor 4 + Factor 5
    Body Fat Weight * Total bodyweight - Lean Body Mass
    Body Fat Percentage * (Body Fat Weight x 100) / total bodyweight

Body Fat Percentage Categories

Women (% fat)
    Essential * Fat 10-12%
    Athletes * 14-20%
    Fitness * 21-24%
    Acceptable * 25-31%
    Obese * 32%+

Men (% fat)
    Essential * 2-4%
    Athletes * 6-13%
    Fitness * 14-17%
    Acceptable * 18-25%
    Obese * 25%+

Edit: It's supposed to be within 1 - 3% of your actual body fat percentage :tu
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited March 2010
    Options
    According to this equation, my ? ...I'm only at 23% body fat! I'm shocked as ? . I thought I was doing it wrong.
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    According to this equation, my ? ...I'm only at 23% body fat! I'm shocked as ? . I thought I was doing it wrong.

It's supposed to be within 1 - 3% of your actual body fat percentage. The first time you measure, that'll be the case, and if your body fat continues to drop whenever you measure, you're obviously making progress :tu
  • knivez
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dog, isn't 25 percent considered obese for males? you didn't look obese in your pics that you posted. i know its a rough estimate but thats just crazy to me lol.

edit. by bad 30% is considered obese.

good ? tho that insanity ? is working well.
  • Mastery
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dog, isn't 25 percent considered obese for males? you didn't look obese in your pics that you posted. i know its a rough estimate but thats just crazy to me lol.

edit. by bad 30% is considered obese.

good ? tho that insanity ? is working well.

Yeah, I always had that problem when I was in the Navy. According to my height and weight, I'm obese, even though I'm no where near obese lol I have alot of muscle on my frame but the Navy seemed to never be able to understand that. So when we had the physical fitness test, I'd always do a ? load of push ups, sit ups, and my mile and a half time was always top notch... I was always one of the first people crossing the finish line and I would start mean mugging the people in charge of the fitness test lmao Them telling me I was obese ? me off so I figured I'd rub it in their face... "I didn't know obese people could run that fast" I would say lol

Edit: Yeah, Insanity is the business :tu
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    I know it'll coincide with it, Im just not focused on an actual weight. When I took my measurements 2 weeks ago (using an online bodyfat % calculator) my body fat percentage was at 25%. I took my measurements again yesterday and I'm down to 21%. Below, is the formula I used. I also included one for the women, in case you ladies would like to use this formula as well :tu

[[/COLOR]

thanks for this info.
    mmm, is muscle milk good source of getting protein and calcium?
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Mastery
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thanks for this info.
    mmm, is muscle milk good source of getting protein and calcium?
    It has about 32g of protein and 350mg of calcium per serving
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have a way to go but these pic's are inspired by Dees arm pics. Just a simple flex

right.jpgleft.jpg
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wanna participate but im not in no way posting my weight. And the only before pics I have are from January and there bra and panties. Maybe i'll get the courage to post them when I have my after pics.
  • Mastery
    edited April 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    I want in but I'm not posting my starting weight..none of your damn business!
    I wanna participate but im not in no way posting my weight.
    smh @ you two... lol
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm in! I will put up pics later! My weight now is 234 and I am 6' 3"! I have to lose 20 pounds.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I ? up so bad this weekend. Plus the Y was closed Friday, Saturday, AND today!
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds! Gnite!
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm in too. I'm 6'0" and about 201lbs. right now. I'm actually pretty muscular but I need to get my stomach back in shape. I'm not trying to lose a number amount, I'm just trying to cut it up.
    Do I need a photobucket account to post pics or can I upload from my pc?
  • Mastery
    edited April 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    I ? up so bad this weekend. Plus the Y was closed Friday, Saturday, AND today!
    nono.gif
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    went to the gym friday during my lunch break.. the trainer tried to ? me.. i went on a nice walk saturday, but i did a lot of heavy drinking this weekend..
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Okay I haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks so I'm switching things up and adding 2 cardio only days to my workout. I'm working out 7 days a week now. Switching up my diet a little too.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    babel wrote: »
    I'm in too. I'm 6'0" and about 201lbs. right now. I'm actually pretty muscular but I need to get my stomach back in shape. I'm not trying to lose a number amount, I'm just trying to cut it up.
    Do I need a photobucket account to post pics or can I upload from my pc?

Go to tinypic.com and upload your image there. Then copy the image tag for website posting and paste it in your reply. Simple as that.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My diet is so up and down. I eat right for 3 or 4 days and then I mess it up by eating bad for 3 or 4 days. It's like a crazy roller coaster. It's hard to drop weight when your cutting. You got to have your diet on point. I got down to about 206, but now I am right back up to 210. My goal is 200. Im going try to keep my diet strict this month, but thats a battle in itself.
  • Mastery
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My diet is so up and down. I eat right for 3 or 4 days and then I mess it up by eating bad for 3 or 4 days. It's like a crazy roller coaster. It's hard to drop weight when your cutting. You got to have your diet on point. I got down to about 206, but now I am right back up to 210. My goal is 200. Im going try to keep my diet strict this month, but thats a battle in itself.
    If you can only go 3 to 4 days before you resort back to 'bad' eating, why dont you try a cheat meal every 5 days. That way you have something to look forward to. To have a person eat healthy every single day isnt practical in the least bit. Take myself for instance, I eat clean for the most part but every saturday night I eat my cheat meal (whatever I want it to be). It prevents me from going crazy lol Equally important to what you eat is your caloric intake.