How the hell is New York the mecca of basketball????

Options

Comments

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    when did GA claim to be the mecca of anything?

this truth in here buring yall...

Answer the question...

And for the record, NYC basketball today is trash, however, I do respect what NYC has brought to the game. It's just stupid ? like this thread that's ? . Just like hip-hop, the modern basketball game as you know it was honed in the parks of NYC (4th St, Rucker, Kingdome, etc) where cats from all over the country came to play ball, thus giving birth to the "Mecca of Basketball" term because people came there to prove how good their games were/are.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Word. I'm still waiting on someone to definitively answer the question posed by the thread title.

All I've heard so far is the sound of feelings being caught and ? basically saying "I'm from New York/East Coast so, um, I think it's the mecca - an, um, fucc y'all if y'all don't believe it."

I guess I'll lie on my ? and say I took Beyonce's virginity. And if a ? say I didn't and ask for proof, I'll just call'em a hater and talk about his shoes or somethin. lol

we hating b/c were questioning thier "dominance" that they have always claimed but never proved
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Earl the goat Manigault??
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Na homie. Thats were it became popular. Thats were ? were first dunking. doing no look passes, having crazy handles. They were dunking before the players in the NBA were. They were breaking ankles when cats in the NBA were barley dribbling. They modernized the game. They were weraring the baggy shorts, gold chains, dunking over cars and from the freethrow line. Way before Mike brought it to the NBA. The high flying dunks and insane crossovers were frowned upon in the NBA in the early years. So dudes brought that street ball game, which started in NY, to the ABA. Then eventually it made its way to the NBA.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    Answer the question...

And for the record, NYC basketball today is trash, however, I do respect what NYC has brought to the game. It's just stupid ? like this thread that's ? . Just like hip-hop, the modern basketball game as you know it was honed in the parks of NYC (4th St, Rucker, Kingdome, etc) where cats from all over the country came to play ball, thus giving birth to the "Mecca of Basketball" term because people came there to prove how good their games were/are.

answer what question??
    this thread is based in fact. Ny is not and have never been dominate in b-ball over any other region in college or pro
    the rest of ur post is just ? ....
  • GettinLo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    Na homie. Thats were it became popular. Thats were ? were first dunking. doing no look passes, having crazy handles. They were dunking before the players in the NBA were. They were breaking ankles when cats in the NBA were barley dribbling. They modernized the game. They were weraring the baggy shorts, gold chains, dunking over cars and from the freethrow line. Way before Mike brought it to the NBA. The high flying dunks and insane crossovers were frowned upon in the NBA in the early years. So dudes brought that street ball game, which started in NY, to the ABA. Then eventually it made its way to the NBA.

Stop it bruh... these country ass ? don't know ? ... all they do is swag jack and then act like they made ? up... Next thing they gonna say is that the South fought to free slaves.
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    answer what question??
    this thread is based in fact. Ny is not and have never been dominate in b-ball over any other region in college or pro

Get it through your head. Its called the Mecca because its were it started. It was the NBA before the NBA
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Answer the question...

to question the bolded brotha you say people come to New York to prove themselves yet in the NBA there are no star players from the "mecca of basketball"?? why can't they hone themselves into being all-stars?????
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Chicago been giving it to NY in that basketball tournament i forgot what they call it
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Outside of New York and Indiana, basketball isn't romanticized everywhere else.
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    to question the bolded brotha you say people come to New York to prove themselves yet in the NBA there are no star players from the "mecca of basketball"?? why can't they hone themselves into being all-stars?????

Ok. NY was the birthplace of hip hop. You can't argue that. But right now the south is poppin more. But that doesnt mean NY isnt still the birthplace or the mecca of hip hop.
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    Outside of New York and Indiana, basketball isn't romanticized everywhere else.

^^^^^well put
  • BlackAX410
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ok. NY was the birthplace of hip hop. You can't argue that. But right now the south is poppin more. But that doesnt mean NY isnt still the birthplace or the mecca of hip hop.

Technically basketball started in Canada so that argument is invalid a lot of new york ? think they still run basketball nd that was T/S point on a wat have u done for me lately type question New york is the home of underachieving players who got hella hype from Telfair to Lance Stephenson New York the "mecca" hasnt had a star in years and you can't argue that cuz it's true
  • GettinLo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    answer what question??

? ??? really??? Again.. name ONE ? from your area that's done ANYTHING in the game of basketball... and NO Atlanta doesnt count... NYC being the Mecca of Basketball is akin to Greece being the home of democracy or Birmingham being the birthplace of the Civil Right movement, or NYC being the Birthplace of hip-hop. NYC brought a style and flare to the game which up through the ABA/NBA merger was a stiff and boring. Guys like ? Wee Witicker, the GOAT, Hammond, Doc, etc laid the seeds for the game that you see now. But I don't expect you to understand or respect history. You're just here to push a dumb ? agenda because the the GA Coast has nothing except rednecks.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Technically basketball started in Canada so that argument is invalid a lot of new york ? think they still run basketball nd that was T/S point on a wat have u done for me lately type question New york is the home of underachieving players who got hella hype from Telfair to Lance Stephenson New York the "mecca" hasnt had a star in years and you can't argue that cuz it's true

No was basketball started in Mass. by a Canadian

But everything else u said is pretty accurate
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? ??? really??? Again.. name ONE ? from your area that's done ANYTHING in the game of basketball... and NO Atlanta doesnt count... NYC being the Mecca of Basketball is akin to Greece being the home of democracy or Birmingham being the birthplace of the Civil Right movement, or NYC being the Birthplace of hip-hop. NYC brought a style and flare to the game which up through the ABA/NBA merger was a stiff and boring. Guys like ? Wee Witicker, the GOAT, Hammond, Doc, etc laid the seeds for the game that you see now. But I don't expect you to understand or respect history. You're just here to push a dumb ? agenda because the the GA Coast has nothing except rednecks.

117ab6o.gif

• GettinLo
    edited May 2011
    Options

That's not what this thread is about. But like I said in previous posts... Current NYC basketball is trash. The NYC HS Ballers have ZERO fundamentals because they watch too much of the AND1 ? . That's why there hasn't been an All-Star outta NYC. Hell there arent even a lot of NYC cats being drafted but that doesn't change history.
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options

basketball did not start in canada. shut the ? up. the ? started in massachusetes. get your research game up. and they were ballin on peach baskets, so....
  • BlackAX410
    edited May 2011
    Options
    basketball did not start in canada. shut the ? up. the ? started in massachusetes. get your research game up. and they were ballin on peach baskets, so....

lmao but the first NBA game was tipped off in toronto so????? why are u catchin so many feelings are u mad that it's been 1 all-star from "the mecca" in 8 years?? are you mad cuz countless players from said mecca has underachieved?? ya'll NY ? are like the mid-life crisis dudes who walk around wit codaroid jumpsuits and a receeding hairline on some "back in my day ? " it's over like I said ya'll are bringing nothing about the current status to the table then u start reaching like crazy by sayin Marbury dominated at his time in Phoenix ? please he aint even get outta the first round till he was a bench player in boston
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao but the first NBA game was tipped off in toronto so????? why are u catchin so many feelings are u mad that it's been 1 all-star from "the mecca" in 8 years?? are you mad cuz countless players from said mecca has underachieved?? ya'll NY ? are like the mid-life crisis dudes who walk around wit codaroid jumpsuits and a receeding hairline on some "back in my day ? " it's over like I said ya'll are bringing nothing about the current status to the table then u start reaching like crazy by sayin Marbury dominated at his time in Phoenix ? please he aint even get outta the first round till he was a bench player in boston

I'm not catching feelings because im not from NY. But if you ask any player in the league were the mecca of basketball is. They will tell you NY. You think it was just pulled ouf of someones ass?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    catching feelings in the air.......catching feelings everywhere
  • GettinLo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm not catching feelings because im not from NY. But if you ask any player in the league were the mecca of basketball is. They will tell you NY. You think it was just pulled ouf of someones ass?

You're making way too much sense bruh
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options

Lamar Odom and Carmelo are carrying NY right now. Thats two all stars. so the last NY all star was carmelo this season.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes-1.gif

@ the bolded. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • BlackAX410
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lamar Odom and Carmelo are carrying NY right now. Thats two all stars. so the last NY all star was carmelo this season.

Lamar Odom a guy who should be averaging over 20 ppg easy but underachieved and accepted a smaller role, and Carmelo a guy who was raised in Baltimore and does all his charity work in the 410 not New York lmao let's seperate players who was born in New York rather then born and raised