How the hell is New York the mecca of basketball????

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    Ok. but im still waiting to hear why its not the mecca.
    that was in my opening post and has been said numerous times by me and other posters through this thread....I dont understand y u still think it is
    besides there are few stars from NY coming out now
    no ? at ? street ballers
  • Copper
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh Lawd I remember the early 2000's which was some of the worst basketball ever displayed everyone came into the league as an athlete wit no jumper star players were shooting in the low 40% every team was trynna cross you up or dunk on you and the final scores of games stayed in the 80's

thank the mecca for kareem rush and telfair
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    that was in my opening post and has been said numerous times by me and other posters through this thread....I dont understand y u still think it is

no ? at ? street ballers

and i dont understand why you think its not.
    its a never ending argument.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    thank the mecca for kareem rush and telfair

U know we cant forget the super dominate Stephon Marbury who shot a sizzling 43% from the field for his career I cant believe we forgot the great Moochie Norris thank the mecca for throwin him alley-oops to Steve Francis nd Cuttino Mobley
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    U know we cant forget the super dominate Stephon Marbury who shot a sizzling 43% from the field for his career I cant believe we forgot the great Moochie Norris thank the mecca for throwin him alley-oops to Steve Francis nd Cuttino Mobley

Lets also thank the mecca for kareem, rafer alston, ron artest, lamar odom, kenny anderson. brent barry, and of course tiny archibald.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kenny Anderson??
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Kenny Anderson??

Kenny Anderson is a player any team would love to have.He was a back up pg most of his career but he was solid on defense a great leader and understood how to run the offense and get the right person the ball. you need someone like him on your team if you want to win a ship
  • Copper
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kenny Anderson is a player any team would love to have.He was a back up pg most of his career but he was solid on defense a great leader and understood how to run the offense and get the right person the ball. you need someone like him on your team if you want to win a ship

and how many "ships" did this dominate son of the mecca have??
  • BlackAX410
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lets also thank the mecca for kareem, rafer alston, ron artest, lamar odom, kenny anderson. brent barry, and of course tiny archibald.

its real disrespectful to name those underachieving ? wit Kareem nd tiny archibald 2 hall of famers c'mon bruh ur reachin again
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    it's not the mecca. new york ? just believe they are the best at everything. the most illustrious thing about new york basketball is the legendary performances opposing players put up in the not so sacred msg arena.

people who believe new york is the mecca because of street ball are also mistaken because though they have solid streetballers their ballers are no more excellent then many other cities.

Also, just because a good player was born or raised in ny doesn't mean ny is the mecca either
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    its real disrespectful to name those underachieving ? wit Kareem nd tiny archibald 2 hall of famers c'mon bruh ur reachin again

there all good players. all have won a championship or have been in the championship game. not sure about kenny anderson. and their all the type of players you need on your roster to win in the playoffs.
  • BlackAX410
    edited May 2011
    Options
    there all good players. all have won a championship or have been in the championship game. not sure about kenny anderson. and their all the type of players you need on your roster to win in the playoffs.

they were good but they shoulda been better then wat they were and shouldn't be named wit 2 hall of famers plain nd simple
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol, ? stay mad at NY.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Games at St. Cecilia's in Detroit are way better than at the Rucker in NYC.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Moochie from DC bruh
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? been soft even since they knocked down them towers
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Lol, ? stay mad at NY.

This............ and for no real reason too
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    also NY fans are very knowledgable about the game of Basketball,some scrub named Michael Jordan has said this several times but....what does he know about basketball
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    First of all NY is the mecca based on HISTORY. Go look it up their is no mistaking. As for now they haven't produced the most talent. But based on history, NY is the Mecca. But how gives a ? now? We have players coming for Europe, all over the world basketball is much more than NY. But there is no doubt...IMO...NY is the best city when it comes to basketball. It's the city game. It's just that the Knicks have be terrible the last decade. NY aren't frontrunners like LA & they never give up on the Knicks or the Red Storm. That's when people said players didn't want to player is was just ? . If you win here, you own the city. Now call me bais but I'm just reppin my city. As for the mecca there is not mecca anymore basketball is much more global than NY.

And some you guys hate for NY is way uncalled for.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LMAO @ ? mentioning Rafer Alston...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Detroit and Chicago is
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The timberwolves have made the playoffs and advanced more rounds than the knicks have in the last 10 years

Thats how trash you ? are

Cosign twizza the ny media makes that joke of a franchise/city seem relevant and say meaningless labels like "the mecca" when in reality you cats are the washington generals of the nba

Ron artest stiff,awkward playin no moves havin garbage ass is the best new york bred hooper in the nba currently

history goes alot further back then 10 years.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    In the NBA they say that because MSG is the oldest arena
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? what ya saying NJ ? NJ...