How the hell is New York the mecca of basketball????

Options

Comments

• C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMAO y'all come down to teh South with that ? and don't always make it back. This aint the 90s no more. Nobody gives a ? where you got that accent trust me.

Scottie Pip with glasses lol
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMAO y'all come down to teh South with that ? and don't always make it back. This aint the 90s no more. Nobody gives a ? where you got that accent trust me.

were u in miami for memorial weekend? ny'ers ? thru n act a fool down here n trust me ? them dreads gold teeth and tattoos aint scaring nobody b....u see new yorkers could llive and adapt anywhere but not everybody could live n adapt in ny nahmean....
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    You know what ? that Tommy Milwaukee is part of Chicago now so is Indiana b/c its right next our Metro area are all we gotta do is go over the bridge. Yall be killem me

nah yall ? get madison, we keep milwaukee and we get rockford, ? trading cities out here lol
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If ppl wanna credit NYC for only street ball then cool....but lets not act like that "street ball" influence didnt give the NBA more flash and style...when you look at any 10 random highlights, id say at least 7 out of the 10 will have a nasty crossover in it...you can argue that these types of moves are street ball influenced

I didnt scroll thru the whole thread so i could be repetitive...but the question i ask is what did any other region in the US contribute to Basketball other than the players themselves? If NY contributed the street ball element, what did anything other state contribute equal to or better than that?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Not really I just thought ? wasn't dumb enough to think that conneticut wasn't part of NY state

well put me in the special ed class next to the kid eatin paste cuz my ? thought conneticut was an independent state
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this thread turned into a reason thread. ? came from other forums to post in here lol.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    ? love to hate on our city.. Its ridiculous.. SMH... Funny thing about it is.. I love Chicago.. Its a bunch of real ? n ? out there.. smh... But to try n downgrade NY like if this rapper aint come from here or if this wasnt there n say that we would be the most irrelevant city in the world is ignorant..

1. Its the birthplace of Hip Hop
    2. It is where you will find Wall Street
    3. Has one of the higher populations in the country.
    4. People leave their states and countries to come to NY for a fresh start.
    5. I can go on and on and on..

At the end of the day just acknowledge that NYC deserves its Many Monikers... It isnt just something that the media made up.. Times have changed and the world is smaller due to the internet and other factors.. BUT that doesnt change history and the impact that New York City has had on Pop Culture and the world as a whole...

Stop switching topics ? , we talking basketball.......................and to keep it on topic

winning-time-299x360.png

Take the ? L and keep it moving!
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    some of yall need "i <3 to hate ny" shirts
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ibedamned wrote: »
    this thread turned into a reason thread. ? came from other forums to post in here lol.

You thought it wouldn't when it would? That's the modern, young, black sports fan for ya. Here's a chart

U say: "The Eagles are good, but they need help on the O-line and defense"
    A Young ignant Eagles/Philly fan hears: "Beanie Sigel and the Roots are garbage.... And ? cheese steaks."

U say: "NYC is NOT the mecca of basketball."
    A young ignant Knicks/NY fan hears: "? the city of NY, east coast hip hop, the tri-state area, and I hope 9/11 happens again."

U say: "The Falcons look good this year."
    A Young ignant sports fan hears: "The Yin Yang Twins and Gucci Mane are best thing to ever happen to hip hop."

? is hilarious and sad all at the same damn time.
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    but NY is the Mecca of Basketball...
    U mad?

Yeah, I'm incensed.

you_mad_gif.gif
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMAO @ this ?

No need to google it I was a geography major Connecticut is NOT PART of new york state

If thats the case so is pennsylvania and jersey

I couldnt care less where chicago is ranked chi still ahead of ya'll in the rap game,relevance game and definitely the bball game

Nyc is currently like 9th or 15th as far as current relevance goes

Chi is ahead in rap too ??,doesn't a Chi ? (Kanye) work for a NY ? (Jay)?

but to continue with the thread premise NY'ers are also very knowledgeable of the game and LOYAL,when the Knicks were going through those Marbury years you still saw filled seats @ MSG

the United Center was looking less than full during those "baby bull" Elton Brand,Tyson Chandler years
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    WRONG

Bulls were top ten in attendance from 00-10 and right now are #1

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

check for yourself bulls fans are the most loyal in the nba

I dont care who works for who ny rappers are irrelevant and this comin from someone who bumps ny rappers more than any region

Its a fact kanye>>>>>jigga Right now

And I hate chi rappers they suck besides kanye

damn,point taken.The Cavs were third ??!!? wtf.but you see NY is sixth and they didn't have Melo half the season.The Bulls being #1 is to be expected D.Rose had an insane year.

New Yorkers are fanatical about basketball that's why it was considered the mecca and because of the trends they set,but there are other "hot spots" across the country, Chicago

of course,Indiana,DMV/DC(Barry Farms),Boston,Cali(venice beach,watts),Philly,Atlanta and NC etc etc
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    damn,point taken.The Cavs were third ??!!? wtf.but you see NY is sixth and they didn't have Melo half the season.The Bulls being #1 is to be expected D.Rose had an insane year.

New Yorkers are fanatical about basketball that's why it was considered the mecca and because of the trends they set,but there are other "hot spots" across the country, Chicago

of course,Indiana,DMV/DC(Barry Farms),Boston,Cali(venice beach,watts),Philly,Atlanta and NC etc etc

Speaking of the real definition of Mecca -- by that definition, ATL is the BLACK SPORTS Mecca of the country simply because damn near every black athlete in the NFL and NBA has residence in ATL at some point even if they never played for any ATL squad.

Bet you a hunned bones your favorite athlete either lived, does live, or is about to live in ATL. So black athletes are literally going out of their way to MIGRATE to ATL -- which is the real definition of a "mecca".

Hell the Oakland ? ' Raiders had their "Lockout workouts" in ATL w/ the Falcons for no damn reason....

ap-201105241729629438755.jpg

*Don't know how I feel about Campbell wipin' his wack juice on Matty like that. His average-ness might be contagious.

And we all know how the CS's favorite "? " Allen Iverson has been kickin' up dust in the A. And he has 0 connection to ATL.

Simply put, callin' any place a sports Mecca is a stretch unless there is solid evidence other than "I'm from there and I like it so.... yeah."
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the ? happened in here....? in Ny so desperate they still claiming Conn.? really??
    and what the ? wall street and having the highest pop. got to do with anything?
    yall ? reaching like mr. Fantastic......Ny aint ? , hasnt been ? in our lifetime and wont win ? in the near future......

sloth_shades.gif
  • Copper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ATL is the Mecca for Downlow ?

homie a few pages back asked me what GA has done for sports and told me we couldnt claim ATL. really? so NY can claim an entire diff. state but Ga cant claim its own city??......? losers....yall aint even go to class bueller!!
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ATL is the Mecca for Downlow ?

Co-sign. Just look at all these ATL ? gettin' caught with trannies and ? in their cars....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVVh9uqqiQOBCJxCKdRPD-0W7PflzNB6XCP_NSFfp_RVWCOJhTnQ&t=1
    mase-grin.jpg
    mister-cee.jpg

....Oh wait, they ain't from ATL, they're from....
  • Copper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lmao^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Copper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this just in florida and jamacia are now part of GA
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sboogie had the best argument in here...otherwise this is filled w a lot of hate and arrogance
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Connecticut is part of what is called the Tri-State Area IDK wtf ? are speaking of in here.

As far as being the Makkah, a lot of NY's claims to anything are based on sheer numbers. Not saying that's bad or good, that's just why NY may get unjust due for certain things.
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    some of y'all ? let your hate cloud reason and logic...
    your ignorance is only cool around other ignoramuses...
  • Copper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    NY logic: if u disagree with us being the mecca....ur filled with hate.
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I dnt think NY itself is the mecca of basketball, i think it refers to MSG the arena and its historical place in sports history
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    some of y'all ? let your hate cloud reason and logic...
    your ignorance is only cool around other ignoramuses...

co-sign ur every post. It's a damn shame these fools completely do not get what the term actually means. And that copper whatever his name is...yeah it's hate

when historians,atheletes both present and past, facts , and logic all prove you wrong and you still in here asking why, or posting dumb questions. It's like dealing with a four year old who flat out do not wanna listen

no hate for southern katz..but the ones on this board have a problem with other regions...damn shame.ignorance is bliss....shows all through this thread.

and tommy i'm ashame of you homie...u be on point with your bball knowledge..i'm surprise you cosigning this garbage homie..

? missing the whole point..getting on marbury not realizing he was a legend who made it to the pros and for some time was one of the top guards...that;s all he needs. He has achieved some type of success.... SMH
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lew Alcindor FTW!