How the hell is New York the mecca of basketball????

Options

Comments

• m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it aint that serious
    NY is called the MECCA of BASKETBALL
    and your city isn't

DEAL WITH IT!

***exit thread***
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not to start ? but wasnt Jordan technically born in New York?
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    emm holla. wrote: »
    just read the whole thread.. At the end of the day.. I know people are tired of new yorker arrogance and our pompous attitude.. But u know what.. ? yall.. We have the label whether truly deserved or not.. We have it.. Dont like it.. Do something about it instead of ? on a message board.. No matter what ny sets the precedent for a lot of things.. Music, fashion, sports etc..

New york is the greatest city on the planet.. Accept it and move on.. Simple..

new york! Neeeeeewwww yoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkk!!!!!
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    classic cs thread
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell yea im bout to stroll in here for quotables lls
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    ATL is the Mecca for Downlow ?

Co-sign. Just look at all these ATL ? gettin' caught with trannies and ? in their cars....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVVh9uqqiQOBCJxCKdRPD-0W7PflzNB6XCP_NSFfp_RVWCOJhTnQ&t=1
    mase-grin.jpg
    mister-cee.jpg

....Oh wait, they ain't from ATL, they're from....

lol @ dis post NY ? caught bookoo feelins in here
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    so are the knicks, stephon marbury and manhattan's college basketball program

Say what u want about my Knicks.. But my Knicks are in Prime position to win rings in the coming years.. Stephon Marbury was a top 5 PG in his Prime.. An Manhattan College BBALL is irrelevent.. Talk about St. John.. Or even UCONN.. Which is in the tri state area.. Yeah u know the team that has Kemba Walker and just won the National Title. And usually puts an ass whoopin on Duke, UNC, and any other team u can think off.. smh.. But you dont hear me though...

lmao @ or even UConn
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Connecticut is not part of new york state you reachin and it shows how desperate you are

NYC is trash accept it and stop cryin ya'll wack in every aspect of ball currently just like in hip hop besides 50 the whole city trash.

New york is old news ya'll were relevant in the early to mid 90's that was 15-20 years ago

And the knicks are not close to winning no title they just let go donnie walsh go and you have 2 overrated ball stopping stars who have max contracts the rest of the roster is a joke I didnt know finally makin the playoffs for the 1st time in 7 years wit a 42-40 record and gettin swept was 'close' to winning a title

? outta here new york aint no mecca never was and never will be ya'll are the welcome mats of basketball if anything

Wake the ? up and google it or something. Connecticut is part of NY whether you want to believe it or not. I'm not gonna sit here and agrue something that is FACT. 2nd, I agree NY isn't the mecca anymore, not that I really give a ? anyway but there is no Mecca anymore basketball is too global. And third, I'm starting to think a Knick player ? or ? you girl with how emotional you get over the Knicks. Get over yourself Chicago will always be #2 as a city. ? that #3.

lmao
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    aone415 wrote: »
    Answer the question...

And for the record, NYC basketball today is trash, however, I do respect what NYC has brought to the game. It's just stupid ? like this thread that's ? . Just like hip-hop, the modern basketball game as you know it was honed in the parks of NYC (4th St, Rucker, Kingdome, etc) where cats from all over the country came to play ball, thus giving birth to the "Mecca of Basketball" term because people came there to prove how good their games were/are.

to question the bolded brotha you say people come to New York to prove themselves yet in the NBA there are no star players from the "mecca of basketball"?? why can't they hone themselves into being all-stars?????

damn i was a hell of a poster before smokin weed heavy lls
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    basketball did not start in canada. shut the ? up. the ? started in massachusetes. get your research game up. and they were ballin on peach baskets, so....

lmao but the first NBA game was tipped off in toronto so????? why are u catchin so many feelings are u mad that it's been 1 all-star from "the mecca" in 8 years?? are you mad cuz countless players from said mecca has underachieved?? ya'll NY ? are like the mid-life crisis dudes who walk around wit codaroid jumpsuits and a receeding hairline on some "back in my day ? " it's over like I said ya'll are bringing nothing about the current status to the table then u start reaching like crazy by sayin Marbury dominated at his time in Phoenix ? please he aint even get outta the first round till he was a bench player in boston

dammit didnt kno i did dis in more then 1 thread lls
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    basketball did not start in canada. shut the ? up. the ? started in massachusetes. get your research game up. and they were ballin on peach baskets, so....

lmao but the first NBA game was tipped off in toronto so????? why are u catchin so many feelings are u mad that it's been 1 all-star from "the mecca" in 8 years?? are you mad cuz countless players from said mecca has underachieved?? ya'll NY ? are like the mid-life crisis dudes who walk around wit codaroid jumpsuits and a receeding hairline on some "back in my day ? " it's over like I said ya'll are bringing nothing about the current status to the table then u start reaching like crazy by sayin Marbury dominated at his time in Phoenix ? please he aint even get outta the first round till he was a bench player in boston

dammit didnt kno i did dis in more then 1 thread lls

ahahahahahahahahaha
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Connecticut is not part of new york state you reachin and it shows how desperate you are

NYC is trash accept it and stop cryin ya'll wack in every aspect of ball currently just like in hip hop besides 50 the whole city trash.

New york is old news ya'll were relevant in the early to mid 90's that was 15-20 years ago

And the knicks are not close to winning no title they just let go donnie walsh go and you have 2 overrated ball stopping stars who have max contracts the rest of the roster is a joke I didnt know finally makin the playoffs for the 1st time in 7 years wit a 42-40 record and gettin swept was 'close' to winning a title

? outta here new york aint no mecca never was and never will be ya'll are the welcome mats of basketball if anything

Wake the ? up and google it or something. Connecticut is part of NY whether you want to believe it or not. I'm not gonna sit here and agrue something that is FACT. 2nd, I agree NY isn't the mecca anymore, not that I really give a ? anyway but there is no Mecca anymore basketball is too global. And third, I'm starting to think a Knick player ? or ? you girl with how emotional you get over the Knicks. Get over yourself Chicago will always be #2 as a city. ? that #3.

lmao

BWAAHHAHAAH.....

but for real though though the education system in this country is a joke.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess Indiana is part of ILLinois now since Connecticut is part of NY
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant even remember why i made this thread....but it still holds true regardless
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I guess Indiana is part of ILLinois now since Connecticut is part of NY

NY ? neva claimed conneticut til dis thread was mentioned i kno bout da tri state area thing but dis mawfucka was talkin bout Manhattan schools then mentioned Uconn lmao
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just reread... ny ? was desperate in this thread grasping for straws....and states
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    @Emm Holla get in dis thread man we can continue our discussion in here lls
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York kinda do just be claiming outlandish ?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ this thread still breathing.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I already know i held Maryland down in here....they haven't proved me wrong
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cuz crackers loved Babe Ruth lol seriously tho the winning baseball history there cant be denied
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    cuz crackers loved Babe Ruth lol seriously tho the winning baseball history there cant be denied

i misread da title brothaman? lol it said basketball mecca
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not from ny but I will say the perception I get is they truly care about basketball there. The Knicks ain't been ? for years but the franchise is still among the top grossing teams in the leagues. The people in New York seem to truly care about the game. And the greatest basketball player of all time in my opinion was born and raised in New York. Kareem. Not sure if that was said yet but there you have it. I don't like the Mecca ? and New York does try to take credit for starting everything but I gotta give credit where credit is due.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could argue that NY is to B-ball what Vegas is to Boxing (but then again, when was the last time a championship game was played in NY?)

But that doesn't mean Vegas is the birthplace or "cradle" of boxing excellence. It's just where most of the marquee fights are held.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Canadian created the sport and the first public game was played in Springfield, Ma where the hall of fame is today . How and when did New York become the Mecca of Basketball.