How the hell is New York the mecca of basketball????

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    side note....
    I would like to see some type of research comparing the number of basketball courts in certain cities...
    NY has mad courts, every school/park has a court...
    other places I've lived including NC have very few courts...

Why would a city in NC have as many or more courts than a city that has more people in it than the whole state of North Carolina does??? C'mon, bruh.

NY got more toilets than any other city except for maybe Hong Kong -- does that mean they're the shittin' mecca of the world? lol.

And I've lived and travelled all over this country and I've never seen a school or park without a basketball court. #kanyeshrug.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    so NY is now the mecca b/c they have alot of outdoor courts?? u ? continue to swtich up ur argument and add pointless facts (whether true or not)

and im still smh @ emholla for trying to claim unconn as part of NY
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    so NY is now the mecca b/c they have alot of outdoor courts?? u ? continue to swtich up ur argument and add pointless facts (whether true or not)

and im still smh @ emholla for trying to claim unconn as part of NY

No.

I REFUSE to believe he did that ? . I ain't even gon' go back and look for it. ? ' Ridiculous.

No RZA.
  • Copper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No.

I REFUSE to believe he did that ? . I ain't even gon' go back and look for it. ? ' Ridiculous.

No RZA.
    dont worry i went back for ya
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Say what u want about my Knicks.. But my Knicks are in Prime position to win rings in the coming years.. Stephon Marbury was a top 5 PG in his Prime.. An Manhattan College BBALL is irrelevent.. Talk about St. John.. Or even UCONN.. Which is in the tri state area.. Yeah u know the team that has Kemba Walker and just won the National Title. And usually puts an ass whoopin on Duke, UNC, and any other team u can think off.. smh.. But you dont hear me though..
    my basketball court thing is a separate question you ? hatin ass ? ...
    ur fustration at ur inability to disprove me is starting to show
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    dont worry i went back for ya

Nope. Won't look at it...

cute-puppy-covering-eyes.jpg
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I really thought NY'ers were joking all these years trying to claim Michael Jordan...he lived there for what, 2 months of his life and always claims North Carolina as his home, but he's from NY? that's the arrogance of NY'ers that annoys the ? out of people
  • Copper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I really thought NY'ers were joking all these years trying to claim Michael Jordan...he lived there for what, 2 months of his life and always claims North Carolina as his home, but he's from NY? that's the arrogance of NY'ers that annoys the ? out of people

now they own UCONN
  • Copper
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I already explained what "mecca" means you ? ...

angry b/c hes wrong post^^^
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hold up ? claiming Connecticut now?

hvnoue.gif
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Thats b/c NY is the "Self-proclaimed" mecca of basketball you can ask any New Yorker their the best at everthing. They have alot of tournaments for the youth out there but You should when you have 10 million ppl in one city. And these basketball prodigys they had never lived up. Anywhere from Telfair, Lenny Cooke(who supposedly was betta than Bron), Omar Cook, Kenny Anderson(great in college but bottomed out in the NBA).
    NEW RULE: if your nba team hasn’t won a championship in 37 years, your city hasn’t had an ncaa division one champion in 60 years, and if seattle f*cking washington is currently producing more relevant nba players than you are, you can no longer refer to yourself as “the mecca of basketball”

Damn the bolded ipitimizes wat this thread is about ya'll haven't done anything special recently to be sayin ya'll run ? in basketball point blank period
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the dmv is the mecca of basketball
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Seriously ? on here don't know Conneticut is part of NY State? REALLY?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I mean seriously ? on here don't know Conneticut is a part of NY state? REALLY?!

oh really?? well I guess my history books, globe, and map was lying to me man has the reaching come to this extent?? I guess ur gonna claim new jersey and rhode island too huh in terms to basketball they dont REALLY count as states everything revolves around New York huh??
  • allied
    edited June 2011
    Options
    oh really?? well I guess my history books, globe, and map was lying to me man has the reaching come to this extent?? I guess ur gonna claim new jersey and rhode island too huh in terms to basketball they dont REALLY count as states everything revolves around New York huh??

Not really I just thought ? wasn't dumb enough to think that conneticut wasn't part of NY state
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    One more time .......................
    NEW RULE: if your nba team hasn’t won a championship in 37 years, your city hasn’t had an ncaa division one champion in 60 years, and if seattle f*cking washington is currently producing more relevant nba players than you are, you can no longer refer to yourself as “the mecca of basketball” ..................Imjustsayin
    imager.php?id=103260&t=o GIFSoup
  • allied
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Connecticut is not part of new york state you reachin and it shows how desperate you are

NYC is trash accept it and stop cryin ya'll wack in every aspect of ball currently just like in hip hop besides 50 the whole city trash.

New york is old news ya'll were relevant in the early to mid 90's that was 15-20 years ago

And the knicks are not close to winning no title they just let go donnie walsh go and you have 2 overrated ball stopping stars who have max contracts the rest of the roster is a joke I didnt know finally makin the playoffs for the 1st time in 7 years wit a 42-40 record and gettin swept was 'close' to winning a title

? outta here new york aint no mecca never was and never will be ya'll are the welcome mats of basketball if anything

Wake the ? up and google it or something. Connecticut is part of NY whether you want to believe it or not. I'm not gonna sit here and agrue something that is FACT. 2nd, I agree NY isn't the mecca anymore, not that I really give a ? anyway but there is no Mecca anymore basketball is too global. And third, I'm starting to think a Knick player ? or ? you girl with how emotional you get over the Knicks. Get over yourself Chicago will always be #2 as a city. ? that #3.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Culturally, Connecticut is as part of NY as Jersey is.
  • Jdilla26
    edited June 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Wake the ? up and google it or something. Connecticut is part of NY whether you want to believe it or not. I'm not gonna sit here and agrue something that is FACT. 2nd, I agree NY isn't the mecca anymore, not that I really give a ? anyway but there is no Mecca anymore basketball is too global. And third, I'm starting to think a Knick player ? or ? you girl with how emotional you get over the Knicks. Get over yourself Chicago will always be #2 as a city. ? that #3.

GTFOH There would be no need 2 argue because its not a fact get your map out. Conn. is next to New York but they are 2 different states. And Sorry I dont belive it. There is something called a stateline just b/c its s small state doesnt mean NY owns it lol SMH
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Some parts of CT is apart of the metro area...its like DC metro area has some parts of MD and VA
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    someone told me ny was the mecca of baseball as well......just because of the yankees smh
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? ? all ya ? ass states n cities b.....

everybody hate new yorkers for sum reason prolly cuz we go to they city tell'em how wack they hood is compared to ours show them how to dress snatch up they women cmon son we got ? dat will ball on half ya city wit timbs on b....once the mecca always the mecca
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    ? ? all ya ? ass states n cities b.....

everybody hate new yorkers for sum reason prolly cuz we go to they city tell'em how wack they hood is compared to ours show them how to dress snatch up they women cmon son we got ? dat will ball on half ya city wit timbs on b....once the mecca always the mecca

LMAO y'all come down to teh South with that ? and don't always make it back. This aint the 90s no more. Nobody gives a ? where you got that accent trust me.
  • Jdilla26
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You know what ? that Tommy Milwaukee is part of Chicago now so is Indiana b/c its right next our Metro area are all we gotta do is go over the bridge. Yall be killem me
  • Jdilla26
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i know a chick who go to wesleyen university in ct i called her and asked is ct part of new york

no

dhemx4.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^lmao
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jadakiss don't consider Ct part of NY......he dissed 50 1 time saying that wasn't queens that was his backyard in connecticut