How the hell is New York the mecca of basketball????

Options

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    New York is the Mecca of everything...
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    One thing I've noticed having lived all over this country and travelling the world....

Small town ? and BIG city ? have the exact same mentality.

It's impossible to explain to them that the world doesn't revolve around where they live and that there's so much more outside of their immediate surroundings. ? is like trying to convince a brick wall to move.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    I'm not catching feelings because im not from NY. But if you ask any player in the league were the mecca of basketball is. They will tell you NY. You think it was just pulled ouf of someones ass?

lls oh on the contrary brotha you told me to shut the ? up because I pointed out that the "mecca" isn't puttin out a lot of star players now
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lls oh on the contrary brotha you told me to shut the ? up because I pointed out that the "mecca" isn't puttin out a lot of star players now

na. i told you to shut the ? up because you said basketball started in toronto. i've agreed with you the mecca isnt putting out much star talent right now. that doesnt take away from history. once the mecca always the mecca.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's the home of a certain style of basketball. Thats the implication. It's not the Mecca of basketball itself. There is nothing in basketball
    That remotely compares to Mecca. It's a dumb saying
  • BlackAX410
    edited May 2011
    Options
    na. i told you to shut the ? up because you said basketball started in toronto. i've agreed with you the mecca isnt putting out much star talent right now. that doesnt take away from history. once the mecca always the mecca.

nah yo im on a wat have u done for me lately mindset we've acknowledge the history but it's still delusional ? who think NY is runnin ? in basketball now which aint happening
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    It's the Mecca of a certain style of basketball. Thats the implication. It's not the Mecca of basketball itself. There is nothing in basketball
    That remotely compares to Mecca.
    It's a dumb saying

Other than the fact that it's filled with and dominated by "people of color". LoL
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Get it through your head. Its called the Mecca because its were it started. It was the NBA before the NBA
    there was an NBA In ny in the 1940s now....u are getting more silly by the post
    Ok. NY was the birthplace of hip hop. You can't argue that. But right now the south is poppin more. But that doesnt mean NY isnt still the birthplace or the mecca of hip hop.
    what the hell does rap have to do with this??
    aone415 wrote: »
    ? ??? really??? Again.. name ONE ? from your area that's done ANYTHING in the game of basketball... and NO Atlanta doesnt count... NYC being the Mecca of Basketball is akin to Greece being the home of democracy or Birmingham being the birthplace of the Civil Right movement, or NYC being the Birthplace of hip-hop. NYC brought a style and flare to the game which up through the ABA/NBA merger was a stiff and boring. Guys like ? Wee Witicker, the GOAT, Hammond, Doc, etc laid the seeds for the game that you see now. But I don't expect you to understand or respect history. You're just here to push a dumb ? agenda because the the GA Coast has nothing except rednecks.
    Atlantas not part of Ga now?? so not only are yall the mecca yall get to determine what states can claim what cities within thier state??
    civil rights started in birmingham, democracy started in greece.....basketball did not start in NY
    and my city is 65% black so u missed me with the redneck comment....

Oh and JIM BROWN was born in my county....
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nah yo im on a wat have u done for me lately mindset we've acknowledge the history but it's still delusional ? who think NY is runnin ? in basketball now which aint happening

Ok you got that. cant argue its fact.
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    there was an NBA In ny in the 1940s now....u are getting more silly by the post

you should work for fox news. cause your great at taking ? out of context. Im saying cats playing street ball were playing the nba style game that we know today. They were ahead of their time.
  • Darius
    edited May 2011
    Options
    NY is always on some dumb ?
  • Copper
    edited May 2011
    Options
    One thing I've noticed having lived all over this country and travelling the world....

Small town ? and BIG city ? have the exact same mentality.

It's impossible to explain to them that the world doesn't revolve around where they live and that there's so much more outside of their immediate surroundings. ? is like trying to convince a brick wall to move.
    c/s and just by this thread u can tell these ny ? think everything revolves around them and they can dictate to others what they can and cant claim.....when they dont win or dominate or not even exceptional at ? that they claim to be the mecca of
  • Copper
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you should work for fox news. cause your great at taking ? out of context. Im saying cats playing street ball were playing the nba style game that we know today. They were ahead of their time.

so street ball in ny is the reason that ny is the mecca and the reason that the nba is the way it is? lolz
  • Darius
    edited May 2011
    Options
    MECCA is a place everyone Muslim HAS to go to. There is not one place in NY that every bball fan feels like they have to go to and experience in order to be a true fan. With baseball you got Yankee stadium( the old one) or wrigly or Fenway. In football u got Lambeau. But nah. Rucker and MSG ain't doing it
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I will say this thou, the South and West coast produce better athletes because they can train outdoors all year around. NYC media is the most powerful, so the hype of these NYC players make them seem like they're best players of the country. I still remember Felipe Lopez was supposed to be next best thing, along with Kenny Anderson.
  • Copper
    edited May 2011
    Options
    GA is the mecca of not claiming were the mecca of ? that were clearly not!!!
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    so street ball in ny is the reason that ny is the mecca and the reason that the nba is the way it is? lolz

yes. because they started it.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I will say this thou, the South and West coast produce better athletes because they can train outdoors all year around. NYC media is the most powerful, so the hype of these NYC players make them seem like they're best players of the country. I still remember Felipe Lopez was supposed to be next best thing, along with Kenny Anderson.

^^^^ Smartest post in the thread.
  • Copper
    edited May 2011
    Options

logical post.....
  • Copper
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yes. because they started it.

lmao......stop posting..
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao......stop posting..

Ok. but im still waiting to hear why its not the mecca. besides there are few stars from NY coming out now
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    Options

Reminds me of when I used to argue with my boy from Mount Vernon (who was a huge St. Johns fan) that Ron Artest would have a better NBA career than Lopez. ? swore up and down I was smokin' ? . lol.

Plus, I just got a chill down my spine thinking of what the hype would've been like if Lebron was born and raised in NYC. Scary.
  • Darius
    edited May 2011
    Options
    just because NY or any area of the country has better athletes doesn't make it a MECCA of anything.
  • BlackAX410
    edited May 2011
    Options

Oh Lawd I remember the early 2000's which was some of the worst basketball ever displayed everyone came into the league as an athlete wit no jumper star players were shooting in the low 40% every team was trynna cross you up or dunk on you and the final scores of games stayed in the 80's
  • Darius
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Reminds me of when I used to argue with my boy from Mount Vernon (who was a huge St. Johns fan) that Ron Artest would have a better NBA career than Lopez. ? swore up and down I was smokin' ? . lol.

Plus, I just got a chill down my spine thinking of what the hype would've been like if Lebron was born and raised in NYC. Scary.

Through the Fire directed by steven spielberg