Questions and Statements about ? ...

Options

Comments

• Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hmmm, haven't read that yet. I'll check it out on Kindle.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    My thing is this...why would Scott used these "omni" terms if there are supposed exceptions? Why know everything and "self" not be included in that everything?
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Nah, is it music? Or a real workout CD?

its music and it definitely gets the blood pumping. checkout his back on my regimen video
  • alissowack
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Scott is doing exactly what the "religious" are doing...? 's existence is depended on what he thinks this deity should or shouldn't be doing...or what he should or shouldn't be doing.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ill give some of it a read later going to sleep.
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Of course. We are submissive to the laws that he created that accompany and govern and regulate his creation. We breathe, eat, sleep and do other things and utilize created things that we had no part in creating to sustain ourselves. He understands us completely. That is why we have everything we need and can produce most of what we want by his permission.

Some people disrespect this force yet they benefit from it everyday whether they recognize it or not. Have you created air molecules that you need to breath? Have you created the food you eat to sustain yourself. Did you create the material you use to make your shelter and clothing? The answer is a resounding no! All you did was manipulate a created thing and made it into something for your benefit. How dare we disrespect that Force, yet we benefit from it on a continual basis. If we are that stupid to not to recognize that fact, then we deserve whatever we get.

He made us complete yet incomplete.

It is not hat he doesn't understand us it is that we need to understand the Creative force better. Einstein said it best(almost) He is not so much interested in the "what"( He knew) he wants to know "why?".

lmao!!! i don't mean to sound like the a word. . . but you do know ? isn't real, right? and nothing you said had nothing to do with him. . . i always wondered how a man made book, that was written before science can be taken so seriously. . . how is that possible in 2011?
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He created us...so He understands us
    But I question Him sometimes...Cause I need answers
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Of course. We are submissive to the laws that he created that accompany and govern and regulate his creation. We breathe, eat, sleep and do other things and utilize created things that we had no part in creating to sustain ourselves. He understands us completely. That is why we have everything we need and can produce most of what we want by his permission.

Some people disrespect this force yet they benefit from it everyday whether they recognize it or not. Have you created air molecules that you need to breath? Have you created the food you eat to sustain yourself. Did you create the material you use to make your shelter and clothing? The answer is a resounding no! All you did was manipulate a created thing and made it into something for your benefit. How dare we disrespect that Force, yet we benefit from it on a continual basis. If we are that stupid to not to recognize that fact, then we deserve whatever we get.

He made us complete yet incomplete.

It is not hat he doesn't understand us it is that we need to understand the Creative force better. Einstein said it best(almost) He is not so much interested in the "what"( He knew) he wants to know "why?".

Wow..the bolded is a powerful point you made...yet non-believers don't understand that though.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited August 2011
    Options
    refcortez wrote: »
    lmao!!! i don't mean to sound like the a word. . . but you do know ? isn't real, right? and nothing you said had nothing to do with him. . . i always wondered how a man made book, that was written before science can be taken so seriously. . . how is that possible in 2011?

Prove it............
  • alissowack
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It think this depends on what you perceive "all" to be and your perception of the covenant. I don't believe it means ALL as in...the world...will know Jesus though there is the reference to "all" having the law written on our hearts. And if you are seeking some political, economic, social transformation as a result of the new covenant, then you will be disappointed. However, it was no different from what the Jews and even Jesus's disciples were looking for.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    How does a force that's Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent care? How would it love? How would it want? Obviously not in the same way humans do. If it wanted it would have. What is love to something thats all knowing, everywhere at once, has no relation to time, has infinite power, and created everything? What would be love to this type of being?

Love is duty. Love is the creative force that provides for what it produces. In that respect it is no different from a human being. Look at your helpless, needing infant daughter and answer that question.
    Why do humans believe ? is human like with like Human emotions?

Why do humans who deny ? or can't comprehend him want to put our limitations or perceptions on him, as thought we expect something that created all we see, to think or perceive like us, who can't even produce a blade a grass?
    For a person to open a book and say this is what an Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent ? WANTS and will be Angry if he doesn't get it is crazy. If it wanted it then it would be in infinite abundance Would it not? How arrogant can humans be to think all was created just for us because we are loved by an Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent ? , then go even have the nerve to claim to be favored race or religion. What Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent creator of all ? would care about race or religion or even Holy Lands. Holy Lands! Out of all this Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent ? has created he has his favorite dirt?

Everything in creation has a religion. You are under divine law(religion). The oxygen you breath that is necessary for you to live was created for the purpose for sustaining you. The water that is necessary for the crops of the food you eat must touch land for the seeds to germinate in accordance with the suns rays. The gravity that keeps you in place is bearing witness to the regulated creation that we live in.

He creates a things, measures it, then guides it. This is bore witness to in the universal order of things. Childbirth, growing crops, Functioning body systems are all regulated by a power that is greater than you or I. When we transgress the parameters(religion) we see the destructive consequences.

Our only problem is trying to find the right religion(harmonious living). If your religion is and can be found in the Universal order of things then you can say that you have the right religion.
  • DaConcierge
    DaConcierge Members Posts: 101
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you have a body..

inside that body, consists a spirit..

that spirit has a soul.

That simple.

Comes with a life full of learned lessons & an understanding that whatever life throws at you...tomorrow's anotha day.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? 's foolish yo.

The moment this "Triple-O" being initiates the Universe, it'd know that one day fiat_money would be born an autistic psychopath, and that he would not believe in such a being. It'd also know that even if fiat_money believed in such a being, he would not give a single ? about any of its "command" or "punishments", nor would fiat_money "love" anything.

So if this being gets angry over this known outcome which it created, it is foolish.
  • fiat_money
    edited August 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    ? 's foolish yo.

The moment this "Triple-O" being initiates the Universe, it'd know that one day fiat_money would be born an autistic psychopath, and that he would not believe in such a being. It'd also know that even if fiat_money believed in such a being, he would not give a single ? about any of its "command" or "punishments", nor would fiat_money "love" anything.

So if this being gets angry over this known outcome which it created, it is foolish.
    Ayo scratch that fiat. This "Triple-O" ? is omnipresent too, so the instant (if "instant" is applicable to a being that is in all places at all times; meaning it's existence does not vary with space-time) it initiates the Universe, it would see your conception/birth/life/death/etc all at once.

That's like me pointing my finger at a dog, while simultaneously knowing that a dog will bite my finger before I point at it, existing in the dog's relative future as it bites my finger, and existing even further into the dog's relative future after the dog finishes biting my finger; but yet I get mad at the dog for doing exactly what I caused it to do and knew it would do.
  • fiat_money
    edited August 2011
    Options
    To put it in math terms, that's like having the equation for a system, knowing and controlling all of the variables, knowing what the outcome will be before changing the value of the variables; yet still getting mad at the outcome.

w+x+y=z

If I make: w=1, x=2, and y=3; I know z will be 6.

So, I change the values of the variables:
    1+2+3=z

Process it, and z=6.

Then I get mad at z for equaling 6.

"HOW DARE YOU BE EQUAL TO 6!!!"
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lmbao...at confusing religion with spirituality after all the endless threads
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If a ? knew all possible outcomes of all possible decisions doesn't that meet the standard of all-knowing while preserving free will in humans?

For instance, if I approach a decision which I have to choose left, right, straight, or turn around ? remains all-knowing if he knows all possible permutation of all of those outcomes. ? would know the instant I made a decision and then all events that could follow.
  • fiat_money
    edited August 2011
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    If a ? knew all possible outcomes of all possible decisions doesn't that meet the standard of all-knowing while preserving free will in humans?

For instance, if I approach a decision which I have to choose left, right, straight, or turn around ? remains all-knowing if he knows all possible permutation of all of those outcomes. ? would know the instant I made a decision and then all events that could follow.
    Well, since it's also supposedly omnipresent, it also exists in your relative future after you've made your decision. So it knows exactly which decision you'll make on this occasion, "before" you're even born.

The "free will" would get canceled out by the fact that the "Triple-O" combo gives it control of all of the variables that will shape your life. If all of the variables are known, the output is a constant. For example: It'd know that whar67 will be born will be born in X location, and because he is in X location he will encounter person Y on T date, then person Y will convince him to do act Z; and thus whar67 will do act Z.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    that's sounds great. To me. but if I was Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent I would probably laugh.

This would explain the bipolar steez.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Luke 16:19-31

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
    22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

SO IF ABRHAM COULD SEE HIM IN HELL, IM SURE ? CAN...DOES THAT ANSWER UR ?
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ether.....your running on fumes with these threads.
  • DRO
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ether.....your running on fumes with these threads.

dude, he's past runnin fumes
  • DRO
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jesus went to hell also when he died... So yeah ? cold go there..
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    he aint see this comin tho...
    gwar.gif
  • fiat_money
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    he aint see this comin tho...
    gwar.gif
    Gotdayum, first the crucifixion, now this.

Bet that ? was making excuses and ? .

"It's because of these wounds I got in my feet that I can't move well. They're healed but it's still sore."